PDA

View Full Version : When did your parents stop taking you to see Santa?

Chazz
06-07-2011, 02:53 AM
How old were you the last time your parents ever took you to see Santa at the shopping mall? I know mine stopped taking me when I was in elementary school, but I can't remember for sure what grade I was in.

Also, if you have children, do you take them to see Santa? If so, at what age will you stop taking them? My daughter will turn 2 this fall. She slept in Santa's arms at the mall in 2009, and she cried last year. We'll give it another try this year.

Greetings !
06-07-2011, 05:52 AM
What precious memories you are having, Chazz!

I can't remember ever going to see Santa as a child. Nor was I taught to believe in him. My single, working mom was not a Christmas fan.

ornamentmaven
06-07-2011, 08:45 AM
My sister and I believed until we each turned seven. I was the older one and it killed me to have to fake it for her for a couple years. Because of this I went to visit Santa probably until I was 9! LOL - no malls near me when I was a kid, just shopping centers and "Main Street".

Jordan
06-08-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm not sure, but I was probably around 10 or so. Santa stopped coming to my house around then.

I still love him, though! :smitten:

*Snowflake*
06-30-2011, 10:30 PM
this is not really tradition here, my mum told me that when I was about one year old she and dad took me to see Santa but this is not possible now, because as far as I know Santa is not coming to the mall:elf2:I have to say that I actually believed in Santa untill I was around 12 years old.I remember that somehow I haven't cried because my mum never told me that Santa doesn't exist. I knew that he's not bringing me presents but my mum said that Santa live untill we believe in him. That's why I still believe:elf1:

stephmcuk
08-28-2011, 09:07 PM
well i am the oldest of 3 and my youngest sister is 4 years younger.

i remember i must have been about 10 and i didnt believe in father christmas anymore but she did and i have to go with my mum to take her to see him.....i just remember thinking at least i might get a good toy!!