PDA

View Full Version : More than one Christmas tree?

dees473
04-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Does anyone ever put up more than one Christmas tree? We used to have 2 when I was growing up....I always thought it was odd. Just wondering if anyone else did the same?:tree1:

Greetings !
04-20-2011, 12:41 PM
I've always lived in small spaces, so we've only one 3ft tabletop tree. But I do love the new extra thin, tall ones they've recently come out with. More than one tree would be a lovely idea.

ornamentmaven
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Sometimes use more than one tree. Large one in living room and a 4 footer in den. My 2 daughters also put up small trees in their bedrooms!

tinkerbell2
04-20-2011, 11:14 PM
We put up one big tree in livingroom ( nowhere as big as crazymike's...:elf3:)
One tree in kitchen, one on the landing and one in the hallway..the more the
merrier..:christmastree::christmastree::christmast ree::christmastree:

Home alone 2
04-20-2011, 11:55 PM
We use one in the living room and I also have one in my bedroom. :tree1: :christmastree:

Jordan
04-21-2011, 12:24 AM
I've only ever had one tree, but if I had the time, money, space, and patience, I'd love to put up another! Maybe a themed tree.

MinnesotaMike
04-21-2011, 03:34 AM
We had a 2nd, smaller one in the basement play room. I told my 4 year old he could decorate that one any way he wanted. He was re-arranging things on that tree almost daily. He was quite upset when the Christmas stuff got taken down and packed away. I suppose we will have the same thing for the next several years while the boys are little.

SammieDsMom
04-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Absolutely!!! We have one tree in my boy's room. It's about 4ft and he uses it as a night light...that one is up all year around. We buy a live tree in November (as soon as the tree shipments come in). Usually it's an 8-9 ftr. I then have one artif. tree for every room in the house during Christmas, usually 2-3 on the lawn! The more the merrier! :tree:

jstorms
04-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Growing up in Pennsylvania we always had live trees that we planted in the spring. Some of those trees are huge.

After getting married I've only done artificial trees. I don't like my house burning down, or cleaning up the needles, and I like to keep the tree up from Thanksgiving through New Years.

For the longest time my wife wanted multiple trees, but I pushed back. Then my girls got a little older and each wanted a 2' tree for their rooms. Then my wife got her wish and we bought a white tree for the game room.

So that brings us to our current count of 4. Actually we have more, but we only put up 4, so far.

JollyElfDC
08-16-2011, 12:01 AM
When I was growing up, we had the official Christmas tree in the living room, and another tree in the family room that was just a decoration.

Merry Christmas Darling
08-18-2011, 01:38 PM
My mother didn't care for artificial trees, but she's in her eighties now and a small tree is all she can handle by herself.

I always have a tree in our guest room year round:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20in%20Our%20Home/GuestRoomChristmasTree.jpg

It now has more ornaments than shown in the photo.

I had to give our beautiful 7-1/2 foot tree away because it was too much work for me. So I now have a tabletop tree in the living room:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas2010020-1.jpg

ornamentmaven
08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Our "official" tree is in the living room. Both of my daughters set up small tabletop trees in their rooms. I also had a white tree which was my "Themed" tree. I haven't been able to find this tree for the past two years! That is the main reason I am clearing out all the storage boxes in the basement! I really hope it turns up and didn't get thrown out as I fear!

SilverBells
08-20-2011, 04:49 AM
I hope you find it Ornamentmaven.:elf3:

Twinklebell
09-16-2011, 08:14 PM
I'd have one in every room if I could get away with it :) :christmastree:

Have a 6ft in my room where all the presents stay around and the 3ft one downstairs because we have dogs who are in to everything. Presents get brought down Christmas morning. :home:

ornamentmaven
09-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, I have made alot of headway on my basement cleanout project and there is no sign of my white Christmas tree. It looks like it did get accidentally thrown out! It was only 2 years old!!!

Merry Christmas Darling
09-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Our "official" tree is in the living room. Both of my daughters set up small tabletop trees in their rooms. I also had a white tree which was my "Themed" tree. I haven't been able to find this tree for the past two years! That is the main reason I am clearing out all the storage boxes in the basement!

Bwaaa ha ha ha!!! I found Boyds Bears ornaments I forgot that I bought! You and I are too much alike. :santa-smiley:

I really hope it turns up and didn't get thrown out as I fear!

Yes, I hope so, too. I know the feeling.

Merry Christmas Darling
09-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, I have made alot of headway on my basement cleanout project and there is no sign of my white Christmas tree. It looks like it did get accidentally thrown out! It was only 2 years old!!!

Oh, darn it! That stinks.

Christmas_mama
09-16-2011, 11:50 PM
We don't have the space for two. I wish I had more space but if I did, I wouldn't have two trees, I'd have ONE MASSIVE tree! Like the ones in the movies!

tinkerbell2
09-17-2011, 03:44 AM

Oh, that's a shame....:sad elf:

SilverBells
09-17-2011, 04:28 AM
We don't have the space for two. I wish I had more space but if I did, I wouldn't have two trees, I'd have ONE MASSIVE tree! Like the ones in the movies!

It's my dream to have one like them one day.
Wait till you see CrazyMike's trees. It will blow your mind.
Have a look at last year's thread of his.

ToriBear
09-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Last year, at my dad and step-mom's house, they had 6! There were 3 designer trees in pots (maybe as tall as me, I'm 5'7", from the bottom of the pot on the floor to the tip of the tree) in the living room, the dining room, and the family room. One was a tiny ceramic tree in the kitchen, there was a fiber optic table-top one in the entry-way, and then the HUGE tree in the basement - though no one could be bothered to decorate it! (When I still lived at home, the year before, there was 7 because I put up my 4 foot tree in my bedroom as well.)

At my apartment, we just had one, my four-footer. This year though, we are getting a six foot tree, I'm really excited. I don't think we'll have more than one at our place though, because we live in a one bedroom apartment and we just don't have the space. Unless we put one out on the balcony... Hmm... lol :elf1:

ChantelleJoy
09-18-2011, 12:16 PM
My aunt always had the "Formal" tree upstairs in the living room, but the tree with all the presents was downstairs in the Rec Room.

Last year I had I fake tree in my Bedroom and a Read Tree in the Living Room - it was PERFECT! :D More than one tree is great! Plus, it means I can put up the Fake one as early as I like (as we don't go to cut down the Real One till mid-December).

:tree1: