PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Any Christmas Gifts for 2011?

Greetings !
03-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Have you created a list, purchased or made any gifts for Christmas2011 yet? What have you stashed away, so far?

I bought a few sweaters at clearance prices, that I wrapped, tagged and stashed in my gift closet. How about you?

SilverBells
03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Nothing yet. I'm still thinking about ideas.:presents2:

SammieDsMom
03-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Absolutely. I have a tub full of stuff that I have already picked up for my boy. (I like sales.) Hopefully, I will be done shopping by July. It helps make the Christmas season last longer. :elf1:

Jordan
03-14-2011, 11:14 PM
I haven't purchased any Xmas gifts yet (just bday presents). I kind of enjoy the Xmas rush, so I don't like to get my shopping done too early. :presents3:

SnowAngel
03-23-2011, 10:47 PM
For some reason, I just can't focus on Christmas shopping until almost the last minute. I guess that's the procrastinator in me :elf1:

Then, I wonder how Christmas could come and go so fast...now, I know why!

ornamentmaven
03-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Usually start in the summer

MinnesotaMike
03-24-2011, 07:28 AM
No presents yet, but I bought a bunch of stuff for my outside display!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Greetings !
03-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Found two pink watches today for my young nieces, yay!

No presents yet, but I bought a bunch of stuff for my outside display!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Hurray Mike, How fun!!! Whatcha get?

MinnesotaMike
03-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Found two pink watches today for my young nieces, yay!

Hurray Mike, How fun!!! Whatcha get?

An arch to go over my front sidewalk that I will adorn with many lights. A couple of gum drop trees. metal posts that I will paint red and white (like candy canes) that will go all around my yard so I can make a fence of lights. I also bought a TON of new lights to add this year.

JollyElfDC
03-29-2011, 08:36 AM
No gifts yet, but I always pick up Christmas crackers and wrapping paper when they go on sale after Christmas.

NCD
04-13-2011, 05:17 PM
I bought a beautiful Christmas Journal for 2011 which I have been lovingly completing.
Ive also bought a stack of gifts:presents2: all ready to wrap in Autumn. I'd like the majority of shopping to be done by Summer.

Jordan
04-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Y'know, I shouldn't say that I haven't bought any Xmas gifts yet because I have! I just remembered that when I was in London back in January, I bought some English tree ornaments on sale for my mum.

Gracie
04-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Hi, I am newbie here so I hope everyone could help me to the forum.

Well, still I have no plan for this charismas but I think there too much time to make a plan for the Christmas. I am hoping for the something different from others.

Merry Christmas Darling
07-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I've only bought gifts for one person.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Gifts/wrapped_gifts_9.jpg

cujiine
07-30-2011, 12:28 AM
I already know what I'm getting my father, but Starbucks hasn't put out it's holiday gift cards yet. My mother will ultimately get clothes and books unless she asks for something else. My brother always changes between books, comic books, and random little jewelry things... from his favorite cartoon shows I believe (he's 22). I have no idea what to get my boyfriend. Christmas is always going to be hard to shop for him because he doesn't have a lot of free time to hang out and just do whatever he wants to and he's got the disposable income to just go out and buy something he wants. I have to work on that.

SilverBells
07-30-2011, 04:36 AM
I bought a set of Christmas flannel bed sheets for my daughter.:elf3: Does that count?

stephmcuk
07-31-2011, 11:44 PM
i seen some gorgeous picture frames in june i thought my mum would like so i picked them up!!

i have also got my children 2 small stocking filler pressies as well!

ornamentmaven
08-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Nothing yet, but I plan to start in mid-August!

Mistletoe
08-01-2011, 09:48 AM
I haven't either. I'm thinking I should at least compile some ideas, before it gets too late! :elf2:

hazelnut
08-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I have got a few presents and stocking fillers, the entertainer toy shop always has such amazing sales and Ive found some great stocking fillers for my daughter, plus some play dough stuff half price.

Her birthday is in december (and my sons is beginning of january) so I have lots to get sorted.

He is faily easy to buy for as he is older so his presents are small, electronic and pre defined by him ;)

ornamentmaven
08-13-2011, 03:09 AM
Picked up a few ornaments that I need to personalize

tinkerbell2
08-13-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm actually starting to get stuff now......:elf1:

mikaldinho
08-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Argos have their Xmas pages in the Catalogue now, but I have to wait until October before I can buy from there :)

hazelnut
08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Argos have their Xmas pages in the Catalogue now, but I have to wait until October before I can buy from there :)

Yeah the kids have been through it with a pen and circled everything they want, the 3 year old hasnt go the idea though and has circled toys, kettles, irons and sofas lol:presents1:

SammieDsMom
08-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah the kids have been through it with a pen and circled everything they want, the 3 year old hasnt go the idea though and has circled toys, kettles, irons and sofas lol:presents1:

How CUTE! :elf1:

I have bought some puzzles and books on sale after alst Christmas for my son...I took stock of "inventory" a few days ago. Now I am on the hunt for bargains...:elf1:

cjames112
08-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I just started Christmas shopping last weekend and picked up something my son (age 14 and terribly hard to shop for...) has been talking about since LAST Christmas and also got a different one for his dad too! :) They are Cell Phone Watches!!! And from what I understand, they are a cellphone, camera, mp3 player and lots of other cool stuff wrapped up in a handy watch! I did some research before I bought and turns out the only place I could even find them in America are from a company called 3gWatches.com. My husband's was only $99 and my sons was I think $120?? Pretty cheap if you ask me for all that they have loaded in them! I CANNOT WAIT to see their faces on Christmas day!!!!!! :dance:

ornamentmaven
08-21-2011, 07:30 AM
I bought a gift today! Great bargain! I was in JC Penneys and noticed they had tops/blouses for sale: Buy one, get one for a $1! Well, I was looking at buying two for myself when a clerk came over and gave me a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $50 or more. So I decided to pick up a couple more shirts - one as a gift! So, at the register, my purchase totaled $128.00 before the promotions. Then I got the two shirts for a $1 each - saving $60. Then - the $10 off coupon. Bottom line, I paid $58for $128 in fall clothing! So basically, I got the $30 Christmas gift for free! Yay!!

christmasloves
08-21-2011, 06:11 PM
I have already got my sister a jewellery holder but when it got here I noticed it looks horrible, so she's not having that. We already got our mum some gifts, most drawing boos, earrings and planning to get her a hamper.

Papa_Christmas
10-17-2011, 09:12 PM
If you are looking for the perfect gift in this coming Christmas? try this product from getmeoutpillows (http://getmeoutpillows.com) and I am really sure that your friend, niece, nephew, siblings or your kids will love this!

This forum is for people who love Christmas not money.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-18-2011, 07:43 AM
I ordered a gift for one of our grandsons today. I hope I like it when it arrives and I hope he likes it, too, when it belongs to him.

That Christmas tree that my husband ordered is still on backorder. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't arrive in time for Christmas.

ornamentmaven
10-18-2011, 07:56 AM
UPS just delivered one of the gifts I ordered for my daughter today!

christine
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Have not yet started any shopping yet. Have to think of buying gifts and decorations for this Christmas.

Mr. Christmas
10-18-2011, 11:46 PM
I buy stuff all year long and save it 4 my boys then I can save up and get them each that 1 big thing they asked 4 and it dosent cripple us ..lol

SammieDsMom
10-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Yep! I bought my boy some lego transformers...he is gonns LOVE them! :tree1:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-22-2011, 05:12 AM
I bought my mother some Christmas tree ornaments today, but I have to think of something practical to give her also. I'm thinking slippers or wash cloths or kitchen towels.

MinnesotaMike
10-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Ordered my wife a gift online today. I should get it in a week or so.!!

Christmas_mama
10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
So far I have got:

My husband a flash for his DLSR camera, a LEGO ideas book (although I'm thinking of returning that and buying it online where I have found I can get it almost £10 cheaper!) and some slippers, dressing gown, socks, aftershave, a christmas chocolate tray.

My little brother: A silly string gun
My little nephew: A silly string gun
My little brother-in-law: A magic trick set

All of my childrens toys and stocking fillers.

I need to buy for:

My mum
My mum's partner
My sister
My sisters-in-law (3 of them)
My mother-in-law
My father-in-law and his partner
My other nephews (2 of them)
My little sister
My big brother

I'm umming and erring over whether to buy for:

My Nan
Aunt
Cousins
Friends

I usually do but we're short of money this year.... I'm thinking maybe small token gifts like choccies.

I'll probably pick up a few more bits for hubby and the girls, too. So much to do, so little time (and money!) to do it with!

ornamentmaven
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Wow - Christmas mama - you've got alot done! I have cut WAY back on gift exchanging over the last few years. No longer exchange with brothers, sisters of their spouses (11 of them). Also don't exchange anymore with nieces or nephews (also 11 of them)as they are all adults. I do buy for my grand-niece, my Mom, Mother-in-law, husband, two daughters, and daughter's boyfriends (if any exist at Christmas time). I no longer work, so that cuts out another 5 or 6 gifts for my staff and co-workers! Here is what I've purchased so far (Not much, but it's a start):

Daughter #1: a black dressy shirt and an ornament for her collection. Still need to buy her a nightgown, jewelry, a DVD, tires for her car and a large gift card

Daughter #2: a nightgown, a shot glass display case (she has a large collection), an ornament, and teeth whiteners. I still need to get her a very expensive body oil, some Ugg boots, a pair of jeans and a requested gift card.

Husband: Haven't even started, but I plan to get him a shirt, jeans, a new light fixture for the kitchen and sneakers.

Grand-niece: a little doll, an outfit and a personalized ornament

Mom and Mom-in-law: Haven't the faintest idea what to get them

Boyfriends: We'll see who's around at Christmas time!!! LOL

Mr. Christmas
10-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Just grabbed some cool gift bags at Dollar general..

purpleskies
10-28-2011, 11:36 PM
I started in september getting things for my kids. our goal is to be done with our kids and our sisters/brothers by the end of november and then december get our secret santa gifts. im about half way done with my own kids and im so glad i started earlier then i did last year! it really makes a difference!

powerman79
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
I got my list and I've checke it twice, at least I dont have to put up with the traffic and all the crowd at the shopping malls and stores..Im sitting at my computer the entire season placing orders..: )

There a post on Squidoo called what to buy for Christmas very helpful..CHECK IT OUT!

ornamentmaven
11-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I bought 2 more gifts today!

HoliSanta
11-03-2011, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=Gracie;52577]Hi, I am newbie here so I hope everyone could help me to the forum.

Well, still I have no plan for this charismas but I think there too much time to make a plan for the Christmas. I am hoping for the something different from others.

But I got an idea for "the something different from others" :santa1:
I made the gifts myself, they are not exepensive and there is only one piece of each in the entire world! you can see then here: etsy.com/people/JerusalemBliss :tree1:

HoliSanta
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
You're right, that looks good! But a little bit expensive, isn't it?

Not Long Until Christmas
11-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Have you created a list, purchased or made any gifts for Christmas2011 yet? What have you stashed away, so far?

I bought a few sweaters at clearance prices, that I wrapped, tagged and stashed in my gift closet. How about you?

I buy things in the January and August sales and put them away until Christmas. You can pick up some great bargains.

If I am visiting other cities/countries I also pick up stuff. This makes the December shopping bill easier!

Sometimes I just get stuff that I see in case I forget to buy it in December or it isn't available anymore.

Stashed a Bodum travel mug for boyfriend and got some bargain cashmere scarves from January's sale - £3 each!!

:tree1:

nholl4
11-05-2011, 03:00 AM
My brother is a HUGE movie/film nerd, so I bought him a poster that is the same as the ones that they use to advertise movies when they are coming to theatres!! I am so excited to see the look on his face!!:elf1:

ornamentmaven
11-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Just ordered a pair of silver earrings on-line for my younger daughter

Elf_Erv
11-05-2011, 02:06 PM
footie pajamas and a Kindle so far

ChristmasFairy
11-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Will seriously start looking this week ........

mina553
11-07-2011, 12:34 PM
i bought gifts 4 the cousins & some stocking stuffers 4 my 2 boys the major gifts not yet i like the christmas rush 2 but i already know what 2 buy i have idears of what they need ,

Joan
11-30-2011, 12:46 AM
My keepon off eBay have you seen them? They are so cool I think there's a video on you tube! I want someone to get me one :xmaswink::merrychristmas:

MockingBird
12-22-2011, 03:53 PM
This Christmas I want to do every thing systematically therefore, I have prepared a list of items I have to purchase from market for giving gifts to my friends and relatives. I haven't start shopping yet hope this is not so late for me to shop gifts.

mina553
12-24-2011, 12:02 AM
i bought a wii game 4 kody *& cloths for him & cloths 4 my husband

Brubergob
12-24-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm a new member, so I'm just looking around.

sonudagrt
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi, I am newbie here so I hope everyone could help me to the forum.

Amar530
05-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Interesting post...:presents1: