PDA

View Full Version : Is your Xmas tree still up?

Jordan
02-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Mine isn't, but when my wife and I were out on our walk last night, I noticed someone on our block still has their tree up in their bay window with the lights on! I think these are the same people who left their tree up last year until St. Patty's Day.

I love Christmas, but I can't help but think that leaving the tree up for so long might take some of the magic away from it (I leave my tree up for two months as-is). :christmastree:

ornamentmaven
02-26-2011, 07:02 AM
No tree comes down in early January

SilverBells
02-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Nope. It's a CHRISTMAS tree. Do they know it's not Christmas anymore?:elf1::elf1::elf1:

SnowAngel
02-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Yesterday I saw a tree on the ground ready for pickup by sanitation; took them long enough to put it out!

MinnesotaMike
02-27-2011, 08:34 AM
If you think about it, it's only 2 months after Christmas. I saw some trees up in windows in my neighborhood the week before Halloween. Although I wouldn't personally keep my stuff up that long, I applaud those that like to hang on to the holiday spirit through the crummy, cold winter months!!

Crazymike1965
03-02-2011, 12:30 AM
I still have my purple tree up and I will take it down around ST Pattys day. I leave it up because the house looks so dark after all the Christmas decorations come down in January.

Jordan
03-02-2011, 12:32 AM
I still have my purple tree up and I will take it down around ST Pattys day. I leave it up because the house looks so dark after all the Christmas decorations come down in January.
I knew you'd still have something up, Mike! :elf3:

Crazymike1965
03-02-2011, 12:54 AM
My wife says that I should see a shrink Lol...

Greetings !
03-03-2011, 03:17 PM
:christmastree:I've never had our tree up this late in the year, but it's still up this year!

SnowAngel
03-03-2011, 10:59 PM
I put everything away last week. I figured that once Christmas came around again, I wanted that eager feeling to decorate; not that feeling of, "I just put this stuff away not too long ago"...something like that :elf1:

mikaldinho
03-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Nope, the small christmas tree in my bedroom is up all year round; it helps when you have a really bad memory like mine (I struggle to remember yesterday's breakfast).

Mine is up all year, to remind me of christmas.

Some think it is strange. I have always had it up.

MinnesotaMike
03-06-2011, 06:59 AM
I put everything away last week. I figured that once Christmas came around again, I wanted that eager feeling to decorate; not that feeling of, "I just put this stuff away not too long ago"...something like that :elf1:

Yeah...I prefer that as well. However, 2 of my rope lights and a blue spiral tree that I had outside are now lighting up my son's playroom in the basement. I brought them in to thaw before storing them, and my boy just has to have them on whenever he plays down there. I'm going to have to break his heart sooner or later.

Greetings !
03-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Mine is still up too. I haven't turned on the lights in awhile, but I did tonight in honor of Mrs. Santa Claus.
Think I'll leave them on for awhile and listen to carols.

SnowAngel
03-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Mine is still up too. I haven't turned on the lights in awhile, but I did tonight in honor of Mrs. Santa Claus.
Think I'll leave them on for awhile and listen to carols.

That is so sweet of you :santa1:

MinnesotaMike
03-06-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid, but are you talking about MissSantaClaus? I searched, and was unable to find a "mrs.".

ornamentmaven
03-07-2011, 01:56 AM
Yes - it is MissSantaClause

olga
03-07-2011, 04:33 AM
I lit my candles home, in the loving memory of MissSantaClause.
And my Christmas lights are all year on.

SammieDsMom
03-07-2011, 09:34 PM
My boy has a 4ft Christmas tree in his room that we leave on constantly. It is one of those that have music that goes with the lights. He likes to turn just the lights on and use the tree as a night light. :santa1: I put up the rest of the stuff in Jan. I think I would keep a small tree up if he didn't have one though. Just to keep the spirit. :elf3:

HollyJolly
03-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Well, I still have two trees up -- one was decorated with Snowmen for Christmas, so I left it up during January, too. Last year, we used the tree as a seasonal tree, decorating each month for the season...with the months changing so quickly, some decorations stayed up longer than others. We plan on doing that again this year, but I still haven't taken down the snowmen! Will have to do that soon, so I can put Easter eggs on it.

As far as my other tree, it is in the back room and we don't go back there much...out of sight, out of mind...last year I undecorated it Mother's Day weekend...no kidding!

Jordan
03-11-2011, 11:43 PM
That tree is still up and lit on my street. I'm curious about when it might come down!

Mary Angeldog
03-15-2011, 05:42 AM
My trees are down but I'm still putting some Christmas items away. I put out my snowman collections all over the house after Christmaas. It keeps the house looking jolly through the dark days of winter.

Jordan
03-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Well, that tree in my neighbourhood seems to have come down around St. Patty's day -- about the same time as last year. It's about time, though it makes me sad in a way... I always looked forward to seeing it in the bay window towards the end of my walk. :christmastree:

MinnesotaMike
03-25-2011, 02:45 AM
I finally got the last of the candy canes in my front yard put away. They finally thawed enough to pull out!!

SnowAngel
03-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I finally got the last of the candy canes in my front yard put away. They finally thawed enough to pull out!!

Don't store them too far out of reach - xmas is around the corner :elf1:

MinnesotaMike
03-26-2011, 10:31 PM
I know!! Right?

Merry Christmas Darling
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
I just put my Easter tree up and decorated it! :happyeaster: YAY!