PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO: Report Spam Posts/Threads

ChantelleJoy
01-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

For some reason we've seen an increase of Spammers on the forum this month, so I wanted to make sure everyone was aware on how they can help fight this problem!

Firstly, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM Me (there's a link in my signature to do so), or post here if you have any questions.

While I do my best to check new posts several times a week to stay on top of it, the absolute best way to get a Spam Message Deleted, and get the user Banned is by

REPORTING A POST.

In the Bottom-Left corner of every post you'll see this icon: http://i.imgur.com/X016L.png

Simply click on that icon for ANY post you think should be deleted/removed or if you want to warn me about a specific user. You do not need to report multiple posts from the same user.

I'll get an email with this info immediately and usually delete/ban the user, or look into the matter within 12hrs. (I do work Nights, so I'm asleep most days, but able to get online every single day if need be).

I hope this helps, and I'm looking forward to working with everyone on keeping the forum fun, safe, and clean from ugly spam! :)

:waving:

ChantelleJoy
09-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Just a reminder - was we get into the BUSY SEASON for the forum. :)

:merrychristmas:

ChantelleJoy
08-26-2012, 05:00 AM
I've been noticing a higher amount of spam posts since the start of August, so I wanted to Bump this thread to let everyone know how much I appreciate the help, and to continue to report anything you find that might be spam.

Epecially thanks to SilverBells, *Snowflake* & MinnesotaMike who have been helping out quite a bit in the last two weeks! :)

Thanks again everyone!

:elf3:

ChantelleJoy
10-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Just another reminder for this year. We are starting to see a lot more users with links/spam in their messages, I can't read everything - so please REPORT THEM!

Thank you,
:merrychristmas: