PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Display Cards?

neonpuss
12-24-2010, 08:20 AM
:santa2:Hi, just found this forum via Google.
I used to hang cards stapled to ribbons and hung vertically down the walls - about 8 lines (80-90 cards).

However not too well these days and trying to make life simpler - how do you all display your cards?
I don't like the overdoor hangers as not really suitable for my room and the clothesline sort always seem to fall down.

Was thinking of those wire type 3d trees to sit by fireplace (not used).

JollyElfDC
12-24-2010, 02:00 PM
I have venetian blinds, and I just stick them betwwen the slats. It might not be the best way to display them, but it works for me.

tinkerbell2
12-24-2010, 04:17 PM
My cards are all sat on the hearth as the fire is not used. Plus we
dont have that many so they all fit..:elf1:

MinnesotaMike
12-24-2010, 10:21 PM
We don't "display" them. We have a fancy basket that my wife keeps on the counter, and we put them in there as they come in.

SilverBells
12-25-2010, 12:22 AM
My cards are all sat on the hearth as the fire is not used. Plus we
dont have that many so they all fit..:elf1:

Pretty much the same for me too.

SnowAngel
12-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I display them on the mantel of my faux fireplace.

ornamentmaven
12-26-2010, 12:14 PM
My hallway has 6 door ways. I hang the cards around the doorframes

laura_d
01-05-2011, 06:01 AM
We used to just put them all on a string on the wall :)

Jordan
01-05-2011, 07:57 AM
We used to just put them all on a string on the wall :)
That's what I do!

Ren Hyde
02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Hello Neon,
You have nice post. I enjoy my christmas with my recipe cards. I got good quality cards with affordable price with well designed. I am very much Thankful. You also visit there. may be you will get benefited.

realgifts4u
05-18-2011, 11:33 PM
i always make my own cards, thay may not look perfect but it shows that i care
all the best

christmasislove
06-22-2011, 08:20 PM
In my home, we always just set them up on our "island" in the kitchen when we get them in, but my grandma always hung them with clothespins on a string stretched across her kitchen windows! :rudolph:

cujiine
07-26-2011, 02:35 AM
When we used to get them, we had this sticky putty stuff that we would rip a small piece off of and use that to stick the cards to the back of our front door. It was great because wen we wanted to take them down (had to cause mom wanted the decorations gone), the putty didn't damage the door or the car so we could keep them.

celticfemale
07-29-2011, 08:09 AM
I personally live in a little itty bitty apartment and don't have a ton of room so I put them all in a basket on the kitchen table. Then every night when I sit down to eat I will take 1-2 out and in my grace I ask God to send blessings and a warm Holiday season to the senders of the cards in my hand. Those then get shuffled to the bottom so the others get a chance. .

Jordan
08-06-2011, 12:53 AM
I personally live in a little itty bitty apartment and don't have a ton of room so I put them all in a basket on the kitchen table. Then every night when I sit down to eat I will take 1-2 out and in my grace I ask God to send blessings and a warm Holiday season to the senders of the cards in my hand. Those then get shuffled to the bottom so the others get a chance. .
What a great tradition, cf. Remind me to send you a card this year! :elf1:

ornamentmaven
08-06-2011, 04:19 AM
I generally tape them to the hallway walls. I would like to do something different this year!

MinnesotaMike
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
We don't "display" them. We have a fancy basket that my wife keeps on the counter, and we put them in there as they come in.

I recently bought a cool little handmade sleigh that we will now use for our Christmas cards.

SilverBells
08-06-2011, 11:08 PM
I recently bought a cool little handmade sleigh that we will now use for our Christmas cards.

You've bought so many great stuff Mike :) Post some photos :elf3:

thomas.kevin
09-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Nice and informative thing you have post!!

Twinklebell
09-16-2011, 08:00 PM
I have lots of little silver pegs that came off a card holder from studio. It was a bit rubbish but the pegs have lasted ages. I just buy a new bit of shiny ribbon each year and peg them on. That way it fits on with every 'theme' :)

Camby
09-22-2011, 07:50 PM
I use a door hanger on the double doors through to the dining room. The cat always knocks them off the window cill if the little one doesn't try and read them first. So it two new door hangers this year.