PDA

View Full Version : I got rid of my big tree and...

Merry Christmas Darling
10-28-2010, 12:28 PM
tons of ornaments. I gave some of my oldest ornaments to a granddaughter. http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Smiley%20Images/box_of_ornaments.gif I still have tons of stuff to take to Goodwill.

I gave a nice plate collection to my daughter.

I hope I can keep getting rid of stuff indoors and out!:yahoo:

tinkerbell2
10-28-2010, 02:43 PM
tons of ornaments. I gave some of my oldest ornaments to a granddaughter. http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Smiley%20Images/box_of_ornaments.gif I still have tons of stuff to take to Goodwill.

I gave a nice plate collection to my daughter.

I hope I can keep getting rid of stuff indoors and out!:yahoo:

Hey MW....:waving:

At least they are going to a good home..:elf3:

How you doing?

Merry Christmas Darling
10-28-2010, 04:26 PM
What a year it has been healthwise and otherwise. I won't go into all that, but my sister died of cancer recently. She was in her early fifties.

Financially, we are poor. We may have to spend thousands of dollars on household repairs (septic system).

:home: I refuse to be beaten down...I'll have my Christmas no matter what happens.

How have you been?

tinkerbell2
10-28-2010, 04:47 PM
What a year it has been healthwise and otherwise. I won't go into all that, but my sister died of cancer recently. She was in her early fifties.

Financially, we are poor. We may have to spend thousands of dollars on household repairs (septic system).

:home: I refuse to be beaten down...I'll have my Christmas no matter what happens.

How have you been?

Oh MW I am so sorry to hear that your not having a great time of it..:sad elf:

But glad your christmas spirit is not being beaten..:elf3:

We are still trudging on, thanks for the thought..:smitten:

ornamentmaven
10-29-2010, 03:43 AM
MW - sorry to hear! Your year sounds as bad as mine! 2010 was my worst year ever - financially and healthwise. My daughter and husband were involved in three car accidents! I had surgery and am still unable to walk on my foot or work! My husband's business has really suffered due to the poor economy. Even the little things have been going wrong! But you are right - Christmas is coming and all is right with the world!

Crazymike1965
10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your sister MW. You will be in my thoughts and my prayers...

Ornamentmaven I am also sorry to hear about the hardships that your family has had to deal with this year.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-29-2010, 01:32 PM
MW - sorry to hear! Your year sounds as bad as mine! 2010 was my worst year ever - financially and healthwise. My daughter and husband were involved in three car accidents! I had surgery and am still unable to walk on my foot or work! My husband's business has really suffered due to the poor economy. Even the little things have been going wrong! But you are right - Christmas is coming and all is right with the world!

I'm sorry...really sorry. I hope things start to improve in all areas. How are your daughter and husband?

Merry Christmas Darling
10-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your sister MW. You will be in my thoughts and my prayers...

Ornamentmaven I am also sorry to hear about the hardships that your family has had to deal with this year.

Thank you so much.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh MW I am so sorry to hear that your not having a great time of it..:sad elf:

But glad your christmas spirit is not being beaten..:elf3:

We are still trudging on, thanks for the thought..:smitten:

Thank you for your kind thoughts, tink.

ornamentmaven
10-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the well wishes crazymike and MW!

ladyice
11-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Good thoughts to all in the thread who've had a tough year. I hope you are all doing better and hang in there. I know what you mean about 2010, it's been hard. But I refuse to be down, Christmas is what I am looking forward too.

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 04:12 AM
I'm always checking out Goodwill for new options to add to my outdoor lighting!

JollyElfDC
11-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear things haven't been going well for my fellow posters. I'll be praying for you guys.

ornamentmaven
11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks!

taja609
11-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I wish I had some extra decoration to offer to others in my family but unfortunately I never find it to be enough for what I need...:elf1:

MinnesotaMike
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
We actually brought a box of Christmas decorations to the Goodwill last year. It was all stuff that either my wife or I had from back when we were both single. Since we got married, we added so much stuff that fits more with our home and lifestyle that it no longer found a place anywhere. Hopefully it went to a good home!

ornamentmaven
11-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Maybe I should donate some of mine. I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to Christmas decs! I think because you only see them for a month or so out of every year, they just become so special to you that you can't let them go.

Merry Christmas Darling
11-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Maybe I should donate some of mine. I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to Christmas decs! I think because you only see them for a month or so out of every year, they just become so special to you that you can't let them go.

I hoarded too long. I just couldn't stand not being able to get to every container because the path kept getting narrower and everything was stacked so high. It was like a mental illness, I think. Now before I'm buried alive, I'm going to dig my way out!

ornamentmaven
11-05-2010, 05:37 AM
Yeah MW, you are describing the Christmas storage area of my basement exactly!! Most of the boxes and bins hold all the village stuff - shops, trees, people, mountains, streams, etc,etc,etc! Love the way the village looks, but it is a pain and very time-consuming to set up. I promised myself that I would not add to it this year!

MinnesotaMike
11-05-2010, 06:11 AM
I just got new storage bins for all my outdoor stuff! WOOHOO!