PDA

View Full Version : Movie Gift Box ideas?

Mell
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I decided this year to do my 2 sons aged 16 and 11, and one niece aged 16 a movie gift box each.

So far I am including a DVD, bucket of popcorn, some chocolate orange matchsticks, some other sort of sweets/chocolate and cartons of juice or a couple of bottles of pop. Maybe some snuggly socks too.

Do you think i need to put anything else in?

For all the children in the family I am going to give them bags of 'snowman soup' ingredients that i came across while i was browsing the internet!

Also, we don't usually do adult presents apart from Grandparents but I just thought i may try and make some lemon curd and/or jam for them this year, and maybe a small sponge cake, something like lemon drizzle....

better get moving hadn't I? lol!

MissSantaClaus
09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Sounds nice :)

*Snowflake*
09-30-2010, 08:52 PM
I like the idea very much,I think that this is enough,you don"t have to put nothing else:rudolph:

Mell
09-30-2010, 08:55 PM
thanks, i did think that would probably be enough but wasn't sure if i was missing something obvious.

*Snowflake*
09-30-2010, 09:02 PM
you can put maybe gingerbread,it"s delicious and great for Christmas.what kind of DVD"s,Christmas cartoons and movies?

ornamentmaven
10-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I love the movie gift box idea. I may steal it for my daughters. Do you have any unique ideas on how to present/wrap this gift?

Mell
10-01-2010, 03:24 PM
you can put maybe gingerbread,it"s delicious and great for Christmas.what kind of DVD"s,Christmas cartoons and movies?

oh yes, gingerbread would be a nice christmas touch, thanks! I'm putting in movies for them.

I love the movie gift box idea. I may steal it for my daughters. Do you have any unique ideas on how to present/wrap this gift?

well i'm just thinking i could get a nice christmas box, i've seen some at a reasonable price in a local store.

i would probably leave the lid off (sit the actual box in it if you know what i mean)and fill with shredded paper or some other packaging, arrange the gifts then wrap it in cellophane if i can find any, or some nice paper.

otherwise my local garden centre sometimes has decent sized pacakaging boxes they leave out for people to take, so i could get one of those and cover it in paper.

ornamentmaven
10-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I have seen plastic popcorn serving boxes. I may try to pick these up. They may have them at the dollar store. Of course now that I want them, I won't be able to find them! Then I would just wrap them up and put a bow on top!

:presents2:

Mell
10-02-2010, 06:58 PM
i found 2 plastic tubs of good popcorn at a local store, they are rather large so will last them a while!

They are like a bucket with the lid and handle so would be useful after too.

Watson30
10-11-2010, 10:56 PM
you should try also these NY happy birthday gift basket for your sons. for more visit my SN link....

Mell
10-12-2010, 04:46 PM
you should try also these NY happy birthday gift basket for your sons. for more visit my SN link....

they look great, but i'm in UK!

ornamentmaven
11-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Well, I've definitely decided to do this for my two daughters! I've decided on the DVDs ("Letters to Juliet" and "Dear John") microwave popcorn - the kind that comes in a bucket, (as I can not find the plastic buckets I wanted), 2 kinds of candy - peach rings and Swedish Fish for one, and Skittles and Tootsie Rolls for the other, 2 cans of Coke for each and a pair of fuzzy socks for each one. I think they will love this idea. They can share with each other, or a friend!

Mell
11-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Well, I've definitely decided to do this for my two daughters! I've decided on the DVDs ("Letters to Juliet" and "Dear John") microwave popcorn - the kind that comes in a bucket, (as I can not find the plastic buckets I wanted), 2 kinds of candy - peach rings and Swedish Fish for one, and Skittles and Tootsie Rolls for the other, 2 cans of Coke for each and a pair of fuzzy socks for each one. I think they will love this idea. They can share with each other, or a friend!

that sounds cool! i need to find another bucket of popcorn for my niece as the shop i bought the first 2 from sold out! i can maybe buy packs of it though instead. i have the streetdance 3d dvd for my youngest, can't think what to buy for my eldest son or my niece...arrrgh!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 03:19 AM
I might be off track here, but we're giving several DVD collections to various family members this year. Ordered a few off the History Channel.

ornamentmaven
11-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Love the history channel.. Bet those are interesting DVDs

Mell
11-02-2010, 04:54 PM
the history channel? hmm, that's an idea for another family member...thanks!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 10:30 PM
the history channel? hmm, that's an idea for another family member...thanks!

One that we watched, and proceeded to buy for my dad is "America: The Story of US". It is phenomenal!!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Another one is "WWII in HD". It's narrated by Gary Sinese, and it has the best WWII footage and backstory I have EVER seen. It spent a lot of time on the Pacific Theatre. We tend to focus so much on the European Theatre, that there is a LOT that people don't know about the war in the Pacific. (sorry to get off track a bit.)

ornamentmaven
11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm really looking forward to being creative when putting this gift together!

Sarah Wilmer
11-10-2010, 05:53 AM
That is a nice gift and different. It sounds like enough but if you want to add something more, what about the personal size flannel throw blankets?

ornamentmaven
11-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Great idea, Sarah!

JollyElfDC
11-16-2010, 11:44 AM
You could throw in a movie magazine like Entertainment weekly, or if the movie is based on a novel, you could put in a paperback copy of the book it's adapted from.

I've also seen special popcorn seasoning you can buy. I can't remember where I saw it or how much it cost though.

ornamentmaven
11-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes those are great ideas. I've had the popcorn seasoning and it is great!

MinnesotaMike
11-17-2010, 11:45 PM
agreed.