PDA

View Full Version : Do you listen to Christmas music all year long?

Pages : [1] 2

macama
03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
i do

persimmonpudding
09-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I can't seem to help it. I find myself whistling them almost any time. I pour over used CD bins and obscure music shops as well as get emails from friends notifying me of new or different Christmas music. So, I pick them up about any month and immediately burn them into a external hard drive and listen to them from the HD.

smiley-stocking
09-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Defo. There just so cheesy . And plus they are on my ipod. LOL so tempting:snowman:

yuletide
09-25-2008, 01:23 AM
I also listen to Christmas songs all year round. They are class!

PumpkinJack81
09-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Definitely...It's always nice to break out the Christmas CDs in the middle of the summer, or just sing them to yourself whenever. :singing:

Brokendreams4905
09-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes I do...

gemiknight
10-08-2008, 06:59 AM
ha! i thought I was the only person with this condition! (well, other than the girl from the movie Prancer... but still, she was just acting...)

henryjamez
10-17-2008, 03:48 PM
I Do And I Really love it

noelglori
10-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Yes I do listen to Christmas music all year. It makes me happy.

Sean
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Well i feel alone on this one! But i dont listen to any christmas music till november roles around. I like it to just build up...and besides when i hear christmas music when its not christmas...i get depressed cuz then i wish it was christmas! hahah :carols:

ladyice
10-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I break them all out in November, I have tons of cds and mp3s. I have them on the home system and my computers after Halloween to New Years Eve :) Means the season has started.

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Well i feel alone on this one! But i dont listen to any christmas music till november roles around. I like it to just build up...and besides when i hear christmas music when its not christmas...i get depressed cuz then i wish it was christmas! hahah :carols:

Don't feel all alone...I may listen to it occasionally, but I wait until the end of October/November before I really start listening to it. :singing:

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I break them all out in November, I have tons of cds and mp3s. I have them on the home system and my computers after Halloween to New Years Eve :) Means the season has started.

I just broke out my Christmas CDs yesterday...I was excited because the CD player I bought to use in my car (I don't have a built-in CD player) wasn't working, but somehow it started working yesterday. And lucky for me my Christmas CD case was in the same bag as it. :santahat:

Sean
10-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Christmas music saves the day!:my lord:

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Christmas music saves the day!:my lord:

It really can...I know I can be having a very stressful day (like yesterday), but putting on one of my classic or "old fashioned" Christmas CDs makes it all melt away like the snow they sing about. :carols:

ladyice
10-25-2008, 03:39 AM
I just broke out my Christmas CDs yesterday...I was excited because the CD player I bought to use in my car (I don't have a built-in CD player) wasn't working, but somehow it started working yesterday. And lucky for me my Christmas CD case was in the same bag as it. :santahat:

Christmas music is a good thing, it even fixes cd players! :jumping:

onemagicalchristmas
10-25-2008, 08:18 PM
I could easily listen to christmas music year round. I made me some new cds with various christmas songs on them. Now I have 11 including the ones I burnt myself!

Christmas music soothes my soul! In fact I am turning mine on now! :love:

PumpkinJack81
10-26-2008, 02:46 AM
Christmas music is a good thing, it even fixes cd players! :jumping:

It did in my case! :santahat:

PumpkinJack81
10-26-2008, 02:47 AM
I could easily listen to christmas music year round. I made me some new cds with various christmas songs on them. Now I have 11 including the ones I burnt myself!

Christmas music soothes my soul! In fact I am turning mine on now! :love:

To enjoy your three hours of Christmas tree time with? :kinky elf::christmastree:

i luv christmas best
10-31-2008, 03:21 PM
I've been listening to Christmas music from July since i was a child.... I do a Christmas in July celebration with my family and we start our countdown to Christmas then.... At work starting in October I stream Christmas music from aol radio...the have about 10 channels even my favorite latin Christmas music...LOL:carols:

Theresa Cunningham
10-31-2008, 03:23 PM
I usually start listening around July if I started sooner I'd have a grinch on my hands..lol

Xmasflora
10-31-2008, 04:00 PM
I listen to yahoo xmas radio music so as soon at that is available I listen (nov/dec I think)

sandra040772
11-01-2008, 01:01 PM
November is the earliest starting point for me.

PumpkinJack81
11-02-2008, 02:17 AM
I usually start listening around July if I started sooner I'd have a grinch on my hands..lol

Hello and welcome to the forums! :waving:

I love your avatar! What a classic movie and great part! :gelf: Hope you continue to come back and post here with us.

Take care,
Bob, Forum Moderator :snowman:

Theresa Cunningham
11-02-2008, 05:53 AM
Hi & Thank you for the lovely welcome! This is a wonderful site! I think I'll be here alot!

Theresa

M.W.
11-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I usually go from January until sometime in October before hearing Christmas music. It's hard to wait that long, but it's worth it. There are just so many quality and fantastic Christmas songs, that it never gets old.

txsnowgirl
11-02-2008, 11:21 PM
No, I don't. I wait as long as I can. I turn them on Thanksgiving. That is the time that I know it's time to get ready and try to get into the spirit. Then, I listen to it all day everyday until New Years Day.

onemagicalchristmas
11-03-2008, 12:07 AM
It really depends on the mood I am in usually I do listen to some christmas music in July and them again in September. I also like to watch CHristmas movies year round I am hoping to add to my collection this year. right now I have Beyond CHristmas, Miracle on 34th street and WHite CHristmas. But I have ordered CHristmas with the Kranks and Deck the Halls already just waiting for them to come in the mail!

PumpkinJack81
11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi & Thank you for the lovely welcome! This is a wonderful site! I think I'll be here alot!

Theresa

I think you have been already! :gelf:

Theresa Cunningham
11-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I think you have been already! :gelf:
lol..I must admit I have! :dizzy:

onemagicalchristmas
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
don't worry for me its an addiction. I am here 4-5 times a day! It easy to get involved here!:gelf:

PumpkinJack81
11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
don't worry for me its an addiction. I am here 4-5 times a day! It easy to get involved here!:gelf:

Yes it is! And it's so much fun posting with all of you! :waving:

grottogirl84
11-05-2008, 02:36 PM
hey all!
:waving:
I thought I'd pop on here to see what's going on! I'm so glad I'm not alone when it comes to getting this excited about xmas!my boyf thinks I'm crazy! when I was younger I used to start listening to xmas music in about sept when it wasn't summer anymore but I now I've been listening to it since beg of last month!but it is getting very close now so I don't need to make excuses! :rudolph:

I love just looking at xmas pics too, like if u go on youtube and put in xmas songs some people av made their own collection of pics with a tune in the background! it got me so happy and excited! god I'm a loser!:dizzy:

has anyone brought their advent calander yet??!:kinky elf:

grottogirl84
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
hey me again...:santa:

tx santas girl I love the pic u have on one of yr posts of a pic of a house and its all snowy! I'm not really a computer expert so how do u do that???:singing:

and I love christmas most thats a brilliant name!!!xx

Theresa Cunningham
11-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I was upset yesterday to learn that xm was bought out by sirius so it'll now be siriusxm radio..they will have christmas channels on nov 19th but may next year all but one may be replaced.

saramitch85
11-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I do too.

ladyice
11-12-2008, 10:19 PM
has anyone brought their advent calander yet??!:kinky elf:

Hi Welcome!

Yes, I bought my advent calendar, last year I finally found one I love :) I'll take a pic of it this year

grottogirl84
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Evening!! :waving:
Just listening to some xmas songs with the candles lit before I depart to bed! gosh its gettin so close now I can feel it! the xmas lights were put on in oxford street the other day so u know it must be close then!!:tree:

I'm thinking of gettine my advent calander now,its not too soon surly???!! i dont wana be left with a rubbish one!!heres another question!
does anyone on here watch or has seen yogi bears first xmas!!?? I feel I'm much a loner on this one!!:dizzy:

Gosh its only 6wks til xmas eve!!!!!

can someone help me with getting other xmas pics on their posts?? I can see other peoples and I'm so jelous!!!
:crying:

PumpkinJack81
11-13-2008, 05:05 AM
Hi grottogirl84! :santa1:

There are two ways you can post photos: You can attach a picture to a post or create a photo album on here to display multiple photos.

How to attach a photo to a post:

After you write your post, scroll down to the Additional Options box below.
Under Attach Files, click on Manage Attachments.
You can find a file by clicking on Browse beside Upload File from your Computer.
Find the correct photo file, then click Upload.
This will attach the photo to the post you have written.
How to create a photo album:

Go to your User Control Panel by clicking on User CP on the top toolbar.
On the left side under Networking there is a Pictures & Albums link.
Click on the Pictures & Albums link.
On this screen you will see a link titled Add Album.
Create a title and description for your new album and click Submit.
The next screen will show your album's name and description and there will be a link that says Click here to upload pictures!
Click on that link and browse for photos on your computer. You can upload three photos at a time.
Once you have selected your photos, click on Upload Pictures.
After your pictures are uploaded you can give them captions and set one for the album cover.
Make sure you click Save Changes and your photos will be added to your album.
Hope that helps! Let me know if you need more assistance. :waving:

suzzane
11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
i do listen.... i feel good n really like it..

divya
11-14-2008, 06:48 AM
i do ....:jumping:

olga
08-24-2009, 02:23 PM
There have been a lot of days, where I listen to Christmas music. :singing:
I love jazz music, so jazz old Christmas songs are my favorites!! :smitten:

Most days, when I get back from work,I always put a CD on, it just feels so so so great.. :yahoo:

I love Christmas and anything that has to do with that, makes me happier!! :waving:

ikey2
08-24-2009, 02:50 PM
I always do and it makes my wife crazy sometimes lol..... :singing::singing::singing:

olga
08-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I always do and it makes my wife crazy sometimes lol..... :singing::singing::singing:

Don't give up!! :waving:

Mistletoe
08-24-2009, 09:33 PM
I listen to it here and there throughout the year. My sisters are of the opinion that if you save it all up for "Christmastime", then it will be really special and all the more exciting. I tried that one year (it was hard!), and it made no difference. That's when I realized that sometimes I prefer or appreciate Christmas more outside the Christmas season and I should take advantage of the feeling whenever it should come! :p

gummgirl
08-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Yes, I do. It's not rare for me to be listening to it in the middle of summer. I wouldn't say I listen to it 24/7/365 but if I want to listen to it I will.

olga
08-25-2009, 04:51 AM
I listen to it here and there throughout the year. My sisters are of the opinion that if you save it all up for "Christmastime", then it will be really special and all the more exciting. I tried that one year (it was hard!), and it made no difference. That's when I realized that sometimes I prefer or appreciate Christmas more outside the Christmas season and I should take advantage of the feeling whenever it should come! :p

Its true, that it would be more exciting if we saved it all up for Christmas season, but I think I would feel sad for the rest of the year.. :crying:
In other words, by listening to Christmas music, I do not miss holidays and I have Christmas with me every single day of the year.. :smitten:

Its fun, I often hear my family saying: ''Oh, not again!!'' :yahoo:

Shanniclause
08-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I have all Transiberian Orchestra albums on my IPOD. I listen to that band almost daily. Also the Rudolph soundtrack by Burl Ives. I love having all my songs on shuffle and it goes from Pantera to Silver and Gold! :gelf:

ikey2
08-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I have all Transiberian Orchestra albums on my IPOD. I listen to that band almost daily. Also the Rudolph soundtrack by Burl Ives. I love having all my songs on shuffle and it goes from Pantera to Silver and Gold! :gelf:

Hey thats sounds like a great setup to me.

Shanniclause
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey thats sounds like a great setup to me.

Its freakin great man!

leah2255
08-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Sometimes. Not always. When i feel blue i may listen to the Christmas songs.

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Im addicted!

olga
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I love to hear Christmas when its not. Especially September, October, November!! Its because I have that feeling that hoidays are coming and Im very happy! :smitten:

Mistletoe
08-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Welcome leah2255! :candycane1:

Holiday Mom
09-01-2009, 03:51 PM
I do - but it usually starts in September - about now. This is when I start planning for the holidays and I find listening to Christmas music really sets the mood, and I love it.

olga
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I do - but it usually starts in September - about now. This is when I start planning for the holidays and I find listening to Christmas music really sets the mood, and I love it.

:welcome: Holiday Mom!!

You will just love it here!! :smitten:

ikey2
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
ye welcome Mom!!!! you should fit in with the rest of us addicts.

olga
09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
ye welcome Mom!!!! you should fit in with the rest of us addicts.

I think that we become more adiccted, day after day...

Oh, God!! What will happen when October comes?? :candycane1: :candycane1:

God Bless Us Everyone!!!! :smitten:

Shanniclause
09-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Im listening to the Rudolph soundtrack as I type this!

Holiday Mom
09-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Always good to know that I'm not the only one hooked on Christmas.

olga
09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Im listening to the Rudolph soundtrack as I type this!

I listen to Elvis Presley - If Every Day Was Like Christmas!!
I love his Christmas Collection!! Have you listened to it?

:merrychristmas:

Shanniclause
09-01-2009, 04:27 PM
I listen to Elvis Presley - If Every Day Was Like Christmas!!
I love his Christmas Collection!! Have you listened to it?

No, but Id love to.
I may have to purchase it this evening if I can find it :)

ikey2
09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
this is the one of my favorate Christmas radios. It has few classics and lots of funny songs as well.

X-E Radio (http://www.x-entertainment.com/christmasjukebox2008.html)

olga
09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
No, but Id love to.
I may have to purchase it this evening if I can find it :)

I bought it last year and I could not believe that Presley had recorded such great Christmas songs!!! :yahoo:

You know, its pretty funny, listening to him, you think you feel the warmth of Christmas!!

:presents2:

MacShirts
09-02-2009, 06:55 AM
I have an internet radio application on my phone and I've found quite a few dedicated Christmas stations, so I have been listening to them very frequently, albiet secretly ;) I can't wait until the local radio stations play their holiday music

olga
09-02-2009, 07:04 AM
I can't wait until the local radio stations play their holiday music

I guess, that will happen first days of November, eh? :smitten:

MacShirts
09-02-2009, 07:10 AM
I guess, that will happen first days of November, eh? :smitten:

Yep, hopefully they don't wait until after thanksgiving like they have in the past. How is your day olga?

olga
09-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Yep, hopefully they don't wait until after thanksgiving like they have in the past. How is your day olga?

At the office, eating an apple, thinking of Christmas and waiting for rain to come pretty soon... :candycane1:

How are you? :candycane1::candycane1:

MacShirts
09-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Sleepy! Its about 1:30 am here, but I'm debating on getting a snack ;) I hope you don't too soaked out there!

olga
09-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Sleepy! Its about 1:30 am here, but I'm debating on getting a snack ;) I hope you don't too soaked out there!

Wow!! :dizzy: 01.30? I'll have my lunch break soon!!!! :rudolph:

When are you going to bed?

olga
09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
this is the one of my favorate Christmas radios. It has few classics and lots of funny songs as well.

X-E Radio (http://www.x-entertainment.com/christmasjukebox2008.html)

Ha! :gelf: Im already tuned!! :yahoo:

MacShirts
09-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Um probably within the hour. I've always been the night owl type, and sorting through all the new posts has kept me busy! Olga I have to say that you have a most wonderful and cheery spirit, it makes me very happy to know you are always happy! :D

olga
09-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Um probably within the hour. I've always been the night owl type, and sorting through all the new posts has kept me busy! Olga I have to say that you have a most wonderful and cheery spirit, it makes me very happy to know you are always happy! :D

So, little owl, you got quite addicted here, eh? :yahoo::yahoo:

When Im here, I am a child again... (Not that Im not one :gelf:)
I wish we never leave this place!! :smitten:

MacShirts
09-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Yes, I'm addicted because all of the members are like a breath of fresh air! Everyone is so happy and cheerful. Haha I'm sure all of us on here have the same feelings, I know I won't be leaving anytime soon. I'm excited to hear how everybody's holidays turn out :D

olga
09-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes, I'm addicted because all of the members are like a breath of fresh air! Everyone is so happy and cheerful. Haha I'm sure all of us on here have the same feelings, I know I won't be leaving anytime soon. I'm excited to hear how everybody's holidays turn out :D

Can you imagine what will happen when October comes? :candycane1:
I bet, were gonna spend lots of hours here.. :smitten:

Im glad you love the place!! :yahoo:

ikey2
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I allready spend all my hours at work on here. Plus numerious when i get off lol

olga
09-02-2009, 10:58 AM
I allready spend all my hours at work on here. Plus numerious when i get off lol

Yeap!! Me too!! :dizzy:

ikey2
09-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Could be worse, there is quite a few things i could think of that i could be doing that might be a little shady?

olga
09-12-2009, 05:13 AM
When I woke up this morning, I thought it was November.. I dont know.. Maybe because of the rain and the dark, cloudy weather..

I prepared my breakfast, sat in front of my p.c. and put on a favorite Christmas cd...

It feels great!!!! :christmastree:

MacShirts
09-12-2009, 05:17 AM
I love the dark mornings of winter :D Olga do you like the classic christmas music, or do you prefer the Top 40 (remade by today's artists)?

http://www.shoutcast.com/shoutcast_player?stationid=6683&Genre=Holiday&ContentFlag=1

This is the station I listen to daily, they play the best "Classic" songs, tell me what you think!

olga
09-12-2009, 05:27 AM
I love the dark mornings of winter :D Olga do you like the classic christmas music, or do you prefer the Top 40 (remade by today's artists)?

http://www.shoutcast.com/shoutcast_player?stationid=6683&Genre=Holiday&ContentFlag=1

This is the station I listen to daily, they play the best "Classic" songs, tell me what you think!

Im already tuned!

MacShirts
09-12-2009, 05:30 AM
I really like the station, very little commercial interruptions too :)

olga
09-12-2009, 05:32 AM
I really like the station, very little commercial interruptions too :)

Yea, I agree about commercials.
Well, I listen to it for about 5 minutes now and I kinda like it.

MacShirts
09-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Great :D

olga
09-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Great :D

Nice Christmas radio station, indeed!
:dance:

gemiknight
09-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I had a dream last night that I was watching A Christmas Story. This morning feels like early fall! I think I'll be in a very Christmas-y mood today too!

olga
09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I had a dream last night that I was watching A Christmas Story. This morning feels like early fall! I think I'll be in a very Christmas-y mood today too!

We all are... Always.... :gelf::gelf:

Kittyskyfish
09-13-2009, 12:43 AM
We all are... Always.... :gelf::gelf:

Definitely! Always. :gelf:

I found A Charlie Brown Christmas (Monster Music High Definition Surround Sound version) at a local electronic store and had to pick it up! So this afternoon I was driving around in cool, drizzly overcast weather and listening to Christmas music. Perfect!

olga
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Definitely! Always. :gelf:

I found A Charlie Brown Christmas (Monster Music High Definition Surround Sound version) at a local electronic store and had to pick it up! So this afternoon I was driving around in cool, drizzly overcast weather and listening to Christmas music. Perfect!

I have it!! Vince Guaraldi has composed amazing instrumental music for that movie!!!

Kittyskyfish
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I have it!! Vince Guaraldi has composed amazing instrumental music for that movie!!!

I'll be in my car again today and looking forward to listening to it again! We've been having wet weather since Thursday and since then, we've received over 14 cm of rain. Forget about a Marshmallow World. It's all MARSH. *squish squish* lol! But this cool, wet weather makes it feel like the holidays are coming. *excited*

olga
09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I'll be in my car again today and looking forward to listening to it again! We've been having wet weather since Thursday and since then, we've received over 14 cm of rain. Forget about a Marshmallow World. It's all MARSH. *squish squish* lol! But this cool, wet weather makes it feel like the holidays are coming. *excited*

Cool weather has made me wanna decorate RIGHT NOW.... :gelf:

(whats wrong with your smilies? )

ikey2
09-14-2009, 09:56 AM

Can i help you decorate it would make me feel tons better my self.

Kittyskyfish
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM

Quoi? My smilies all seem fine on my monitor. *scratches head*

Yeah, the cool weather brings out my festive mood! :pumpkin: :christmastree:

olga
09-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Quoi? My smilies all seem fine on my monitor. *scratches head*

Yeah, the cool weather brings out my festive mood! :pumpkin: :christmastree:

Hey, how are you? :gelf:

In that post of yours, how many smilies have you put? I can see 2.

olga
09-14-2009, 11:37 AM

In this post, I can see none!

Kittyskyfish
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey, how are you? :gelf:

In that post of yours, how many smilies have you put? I can see 2.

Good! Yes, just the jack-o-lantern and the tree. :)

The second post has none. I sometimes emphasize my text with asterisks...like *this*. Usually I do this to describe action, like:
*thinking*
*runs to get a soda*
*pets cat*

olga
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Good! Yes, just the jack-o-lantern and the tree. :)

The second post has none. I sometimes emphasize my text with asterisks...like *this*. Usually I do this to describe action, like:
*thinking*
*runs to get a soda*
*pets cat*

Ok my friend. :santa-smiley:

Kittyskyfish
09-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Ok my friend. :santa-smiley:

*applause*

Okay, I'll stop now. lol! :gelf: :waving:

olga
09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
*applause*

Okay, I'll stop now. lol! :gelf: :waving:

:santa-smiley:

ikey2
09-14-2009, 12:03 PM
well a little Christmas music and lights to make people smile (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHsR6clrPg&feature=related)..

olga
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
well a little Christmas music and lights to make people smile (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHsR6clrPg&feature=related)..

I laugh with that... :gelf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmZItQ76IqA

Kittyskyfish
09-15-2009, 11:39 AM

Lovely! I've always wanted to learn how to program LED lighting! I think it's really cool. I'd love to do a Christmas tree with layers of lights and have it illuminate to music in pre-programmed patterns. :christmastree:

Tho a question on outside displays like this:
I wonder if they keep their lights on all night long? And if so, are the neighbors able to sleep?

devoy26
10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
im with you sean . i prefare to leave the songs till nov/dec so as to add to the excitement
of the season:santa:

tlazer
10-02-2009, 04:24 AM
Don't feel alone .I do the same for the same reason

olga
10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, the truth is that youve got a point there.. :presents1:

But, I dont know, for me its a little different.. When I listen to Christmas music, (I always do) I never get depressed because I feel I have Christmas with me all time!! And that makes me happy!! :candycane1::candycane1:

devoy26
10-02-2009, 07:41 PM
yeah christmas = happy times in my book. cant wait to browse throught the decorations in the shops. :yahoo:

Sean
10-02-2009, 08:33 PM
All I know is christmas is coming fast. Faster then normal for me. So the christmas music will be on shortly :tree:

steph535
10-03-2009, 04:43 AM
No, I don't listen to it all year round, even though it is my favorite music. I think if I did, it wouldn't seem so special at Christmas time. And I don't also because I am not really thinking about it the whole year, although oddly enough, it seems that when a song pops in my head, more often than not, it is a Christmas song, no matter what time of the year. When I was a child, I loved Christmas music so much (still do) that I would start singing Christmas carols in September and drive my family nuts. So, my mother made a rule that there was no singing Christmas songs allowed until two weeks before Christmas. Funny, I got my love of Christmas and Christmas music from my mother, but she had no problem waiting til a week before Christmas to put up the tree. Anyway, this 'rule' of having to wait to sing or play Christmas music has stuck with me. But, I do allow the music and decorations to go up either Thanksgiving night or the day after. Now, usually, each year, I start feeling Christmassy in either September or October, but if I give in to it then, then sometimes it's gone by December. I allowed myself to listen to some Christmas music online yesterday when the kids were at school, but I didn't really enjoy it, because I'm not 'supposed' to be listening to it this early. yes, I know I am anal about the whole thing, lol.

TerryRudolph95
10-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Yes, I do. :)
The music of Christmas is so addicting.

olga
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes, I do. :)
The music of Christmas is so addicting.

Hello friend!!! We are very happy to :welcome: you in this crazy Christmas home!!

:candycane1::candycane1::candycane1:

ChristmasFanatic
10-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't listen to Christmas music all year. Usually, my 'need' for hearing Christmas tunes begins in September and by then, I'm putting together CD compilations or adding the tunes to my MP3 player. I love Christmas music, but even in September, some feel I'm pushing it. LOL

brittd19
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't listen to Christmas music all year. Usually, my 'need' for hearing Christmas tunes begins in September and by then, I'm putting together CD compilations or adding the tunes to my MP3 player. I love Christmas music, but even in September, some feel I'm pushing it. LOL

this is the same for me ...i actually played christmas music the other day at work..and my co workers were like..uhh is this christmas music?? :presents2:

poncacityboy18
11-11-2009, 06:22 PM

i start november 1st

angelpugs
11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
I've started to like last week and watching christmas movies.:santa2::santa1:

olga
11-12-2009, 01:21 AM
To be honest, I listen to Christmas music all year long, but the truth is that when November comes, i enjoy it most.. This is the time when I really feel the Christmas music.

HumBug Love
11-12-2009, 03:04 AM
I have my computer set up so my christmas songs sync to my i pod on the 1st of december:elf1:

SnowAngel
11-14-2009, 06:15 AM
I listen to it for a bit in September but then I don't listen to it again until early December.

olga
11-16-2009, 03:00 AM
this is the same for me ...i actually played christmas music the other day at work..and my co workers were like..uhh is this christmas music?? :presents2:

Well, in work, for years, I always listen to Christmas music.. Everyone knows that Im a Christmas freak, so we are all ok with that.

:carols:

Glass
11-17-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't listen Christmas music during the year.
I like to listen it 1 month before Christmas Eve :elf3:

sudokuslo
12-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Well i listen to christmas songs just in december. But than after new year i am all fed up with them so i can't stand them for the rest of the year.

olga
12-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Well, Im not listening to Christmas music when Im summer vacations, thats for sure!!

But I do not mind listening to it all year.. I like it!! In fact, I think it cheers me up!!

:santa:

ornamentmaven
12-05-2009, 03:04 AM
No only listen at Christmas time.

sudokuslo
12-08-2009, 06:23 AM
well the problem is that the rest of the year there are no such hollydays as christmas and ther is also no snow, so people probably don't even think about christmas songs :) but maybe someone does especialy on some religious hollyday.

olga
01-17-2010, 07:52 PM
From the day we took our decoration down, I find it a little difficult to listen to Christmas music.. :confused:

But I know, that I'll be better as time goes by..
I just need some time.. :dance:

Caninemom3
02-22-2010, 09:02 AM
I listen to Christmas music throughout the year whenever I need a special treat for myself. Usually it is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Nat King Cole or artists of that nature.......

I LOVE all Christmas music, though !!!

olga
02-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Although I love Christmas music too, when Christmas is gone, I like to listen only to Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra etc...

That music just makes me feel that Christmas is coming. Slowly, but its coming... Strange, I know..

:christmastree:

maiadr
04-13-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't

Caninemom3
04-13-2010, 06:36 AM
I actually do listen off and on during the year to Christmas music. There is nothing like it to bring the feeling of the Season back for me !!!

ornamentmaven
04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
I won't play it, or go out of my way to listen to it, but i do enjoy it if i happen upon it.

Jordan
04-14-2010, 01:58 AM
I do my best to avoid listening to xmas music all year 'round. I'm scared that if I listen to it too much, I'll ruin the magic it brings come xmas season. Still, sometimes I can't help but give in, so I'll put on a Carpenters album or something. Last week, I listened to some online xmas radio for a bit. :-P

olga
04-14-2010, 02:27 AM
I do my best to avoid listening to xmas music all year 'round. I'm scared that if I listen to it too much, I'll ruin the magic it brings come xmas season. Still, sometimes I can't help but give in, so I'll put on a Carpenters album or something. Last week, I listened to some online xmas radio for a bit. :-P

Youve got a point, here.. Its true, listening to Christmas music all year round, may ruin the whole magic of Christmas..
However, there is no need to listen to it every day, for example, I listen to my fav Christmas music, when ever I feel like it...
And I really enjoy those moments, believe me..

:tree1:

Jordan
04-23-2010, 07:36 AM
I gave in. I'm listening to xmas music right now. The online AccuRadio xmas selection is the best! :)

Caninemom3
04-23-2010, 07:52 AM
I gave in. I'm listening to xmas music right now. The online AccuRadio xmas selection is the best! :)

I really like that site as well. There are so many choices of Christmas music !!

:home:

Home alone 2
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Not usually . But reading this thread has really made me want to . *Goes of to listen to some* :elf1:

olga
04-23-2010, 10:27 PM

I like the Jazz section of it.. :elf1:

Jordan
04-23-2010, 11:49 PM
That's my fave, too!

olga
04-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Really? Im dying for Jazz Christmas!!

Would you like to tell me your opinion about mine? :santa:
Its here (http://www.chromaradio.com/player/player.php?radioSource=xmas)...

Home alone 2
04-24-2010, 01:24 AM

I have to agree here . I am scared to do anything Christmasy becuase I am scared that I will lose the feeling of Christmas when it comes round again .

Jordan
04-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Would you like to tell me your opinion about mine? :santa:
Its here (http://www.chromaradio.com/player/player.php?radioSource=xmas)...
Great stuff, olga. I really liked the jazzy Nutcracker music I heard. :singing:

ornamentmaven
04-25-2010, 02:48 AM
I agree about not listening to Christmas music before the season - but I am drawn to watch Christmas movies often.

kam1187
05-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I dont think theres anything wrong with listening with Christmas music any time of the year. The spirit of the season lives in us all year long! Its only May and I listened to a few songs on a christmas cd in my car the other day!:dance:

olga
05-09-2010, 11:40 PM
I dont think theres anything wrong with listening with Christmas music any time of the year. The spirit of the season lives in us all year long! Its only May and I listened to a few songs on a christmas cd in my car the other day!:dance:

Yes, there are a lot of times where I find myself listening to my Christmas cds, enjoying every minute!
I do not really care about what people/ffamily/colleagues etc. will say,
I just love being into Christmas spirit every minute of the day, honestly, it makes me fel so happy..

Elf_Erv
05-24-2010, 04:05 AM
I listen to Christmas music all year around, several times per week in fact. It is very relaxing and uplifting. I especially like to listen to Christmas music while doing house chores or working in the garden. My iPod is quite full of Christmas classics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Javern/Christmas/caroler2.gif

olga
05-24-2010, 04:17 AM
I listen to Christmas music all year around, several times per week in fact. It is very relaxing and uplifting. I especially like to listen to Christmas music while doing house chores or working in the garden. My iPod is quite full of Christmas classics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Javern/Christmas/caroler2.gif

Im exactly the same, Im glad Im not the only one one on earth, listening to Christmas music almost every day, in the middle of spring.......

:tree1:

SilverBells
06-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Well I've been listening to Christmas carols:carols: a lot this past week and I'm really trying to control myself:waving: and not listen to any in my car:rudolph: while driving to work. Not everybody shares my Christmas :christmastree:passion.

seiqz
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes I do listen to Christmas music all year. It makes me happy.

My husband thinks alike. ^^:gelf:

SilverBells
08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't play any Christmas cd's when it's really early for Christmas like January :dizzy: or for the first 5 months of the year, I go to YouTube and always read the comments ,to discover with great relief that, there are so many more Christmas happy people just like me :waving:(and you?):rudolph:.

stephmcuk
08-05-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't play any Christmas cd's when it's really early for Christmas like January :dizzy: or for the first 5 months of the year, I go to YouTube and always read the comments ,to discover with great relief that, there are so many more Christmas happy people just like me :waving:(and you?):rudolph:.

yeah same here,i think honestly the earliest i have ever put my christmas cds on is september....but i goto you tube all year round and watch videos ect....my kids play christmas music all year round tho :)

Elf_Erv
08-06-2010, 04:43 AM
For some reason even though I have a HUGE collection of Christmas music of my own I find it much easier to stream Christmas music year around. Often when November - December rolls around some of my favorite music sites get congested and I can't even log in, then I have to listen to my own collection

Nollaig
08-08-2010, 08:42 AM
I youtube Christmas songs now and again but I try to avoid putting my albums on (its hard lol) because it kind of ruins Christmas for me if I listen to them too much before hand, I love looking forward to them :love:

SilverBells
08-09-2010, 01:34 AM
I youtube Christmas songs now and again but I try to avoid putting my albums on (its hard lol) because it kind of ruins Christmas for me if I listen to them too much before hand, I love looking forward to them :love:

Yea, that's what a lot of us do!:christmastree:

Elf_Erv
08-09-2010, 04:51 AM
listening to merry christmas radio this very moment

SilverBells
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm listening to "Winter Wonderland" now.:snowman:

seiqz
08-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Are your picks always the classical ones or the new pop infused ones..

mcjakeqcool
08-27-2010, 06:22 PM
I try not to, but they are so awsome! It's like with the tweenies, there is only so much Best Friends Forver and Look out we're coming singing Number 1 you can listen to before ya have to blast out I believe In Xmas, I BELIEVE IN XMAS, I BELIEVE IN DREAMS COME TRUE!

olga
08-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Listening to my Christmas music and the song: Youre All I Want For Christmas I - Brook Benton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQuyrifBEQ

mcjakeqcool
08-30-2010, 07:59 AM
@OLGA
IN DA WORKSHOP! Da croud see bo selecta...

SilverBells
08-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Less than a month left to "allow" myself to listen to Christmas cds in my car :yahoo:

mcjakeqcool
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Less than a month left to "allow" myself to listen to Christmas cds in my car :yahoo:

Well ya said on the 31st August LESS then a month, so would you say your allowed to listen per-say?

ChristmasKatie
09-29-2010, 01:59 AM
man it's so difficult to stop myself putting them on, but i know the longer i wait the better they will get.
I youtubed my fave song the other day, Christmas Vacation from NAtional Lampoon! it's so awesome x
But i will wait til november... i swear!

*puts on CD*

Myy79
09-29-2010, 02:02 AM
No, i don't listen Christmas music all year long. I have listen no couple of times in net, but i think that in few weeks i start listen more and more.

SilverBells
09-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Well ya said on the 31st August LESS then a month, so would you say your allowed to listen per-say?

:santahat::santahat::santahat: It was September 29th last year when I played my first Christmas cd. So guess what I'll be doing tomorrow. It's about half an hour's drive to work...:rudolph:

ornamentmaven
09-29-2010, 05:59 AM
No, I prefer to keep the music between Thanksgiving and New years

*Snowflake*
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
no,I start in November,it"s kind a funny to listen songs about snow and Christmas when is summer:elf1:

MissSantaClaus
09-29-2010, 08:49 PM
November is the right time ... for me :)

mcjakeqcool
10-07-2010, 05:35 AM
:santahat::santahat::santahat: It was September 29th last year when I played my first Christmas cd. So guess what I'll be doing tomorrow. It's about half an hour's drive to work...:rudolph:
Listened yet?!

SilverBells
10-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Listened yet?!

You bet I did :elf3:

ChantelleJoy
10-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Christmas Music is one of the things I enjoy most about the holidays, and like many others it's a treat I like to save. I try to hold out till December, but usually cave around my Birthday (Nov 23rd) - otherwise I would have less than a month to enjoy it!!! :)

:carols:

Elizah
10-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I do especially when I'm at work, it doesn't fail to cheer me up!

olga
10-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I do especially when I'm at work, it doesn't fail to cheer me up!

I do that most of the days, really keeps my Christmas spirit always up.. :santa:

mcjakeqcool
10-10-2010, 08:01 PM
You bet I did :elf3:

You jammed the Xmas party album yet? :dance:

SilverBells
10-11-2010, 01:26 AM
:rudolph: Yup :elf3:

stephmcuk
10-12-2010, 11:57 PM
I will now admit that whilst tidying my kitchen when the kids where in school the other i day i rocked to some christmas songs!!! felt great :)

olga
10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Last night, on my way back to home, I listened to some songs I have in my mobile phone..
The temp was 11c, I was on the bus, and I was listening to The Muppet Christmas Carol Soundtrack..
It really, felt just great!!!!! :yahoo:

*Snowflake*
10-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I have already make a cd with my favourite Christmas songs,now I just have to wait until November:yahoo:

SilverBells
10-14-2010, 01:27 AM
I have already make a cd with my favourite Christmas songs,now I just have to wait until November:yahoo:

Why wait?

EllfGirl
10-14-2010, 02:22 AM
I don't listen to Christmas music in Spring or Summer, only in Autumn and Winter:santa:

olga
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Why wait?

Ha!!! Dead right!!! :elf1: :elf1: :elf1:

mcjakeqcool
10-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Last night, on my way back to home, I listened to some songs I have in my mobile phone..
The temp was 11c, I was on the bus, and I was listening to The Muppet Christmas Carol Soundtrack..
It really, felt just great!!!!! :yahoo:

The colder it get the better the party gets. Raveing to Xmas music warms ya right up! :dance:

olga
10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
The colder it get the better the party gets.

Could not agree more, friend.. :santa:

*Snowflake*
10-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Why wait?

because I love listen Christmas music when I feel that it"s the right time,around November I start,don"t like to listen songs about snow and Christmas when is hot:rudolph:

EllfGirl
10-16-2010, 03:53 AM
because I love listen Christmas music when I feel that it"s the right time,around November I start,don"t like to listen songs about snow and Christmas when is hot:rudolph:

So true:elf3: I will wait till November too to start playing all Christmas songs and watching Christmas movies:smitten:

*Snowflake*
10-16-2010, 08:10 PM
So true:elf3: I will wait till November too to start playing all Christmas songs and watching Christmas movies:smitten:

yes,I will also wait:elf1:
Then is the right effect:santa:

SilverBells
10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Not enough time for me.

mcjakeqcool
10-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Could not agree more, friend.. :santa:

Ice cold PPPARTY!

MissSantaClaus
10-19-2010, 02:13 PM
On Nov 15th, when the new Coca COla commercial is on TV, I will start listening to music and watching movies and also decorate my room : )

mcjakeqcool
10-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Well I post 24/7/365 unlike some people but some times I don't post Xmas posts between Jan an August/Sept instead I post about New year, Valantine's day, Easter, Red nose day, April fool's, May day, 4th July, my birthday and other stuff instead. I'm having a well cool time with my ice cold time with my friends on allthingschristmas an am dressed up in my haloween clothes jason mask while listen to Xmas music lol!

mcjakeqcool
10-27-2010, 12:55 AM
On Nov 15th, when the new Coca COla commercial is on TV, I will start listening to music and watching movies and also decorate my room : )

OMG da coke ad is wick! Seen the argos ad?

mikaldinho
10-27-2010, 01:17 AM
I listen to xmas music whenever i get the chance. which is always!:merrychristmas:

mcjakeqcool
10-30-2010, 07:33 AM
I listen to xmas music whenever i get the chance. which is always!:merrychristmas:

THAT'S THE WAY UH HUH UH HUH I LIKE IT UH HUH UH HUH! OOOH OOOH, by the way ever jam that 1 when ya playing your Xmas tunes mikaldinho?

mikaldinho
10-30-2010, 05:37 PM
check out my last.fm page - http://www.last.fm/user/mikaldinho/library/playlists/4kkb3_xmas_playlist

i have a playlist which i listen to all year round. If any of you know of any songs which are great which are not on there, just tell me and i will add them :)

MissSantaClaus
10-31-2010, 03:06 PM
I'll start listening to Christmas music today :dance:
I'm so excited :elf1:

SilverBells
10-31-2010, 05:01 PM
I'll start listening to Christmas music today :dance:
I'm so excited :elf1:

And I'm excited for you. :elf3::elf3::elf3:

SilverBells
10-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Been listening to Christmas music everyday for the last two weeks.
And on and off since the end of September.

mikaldinho
10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
lol. I only started adding songs to my last fm account about a month ago xD so that was when i began listening to them regularly, but i have CD's here at home that i listen to all year round :)

Elf_Erv
11-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Great list ( except for the Chipmunks ) :elf1:

check out my last.fm page - http://www.last.fm/user/mikaldinho/library/playlists/4kkb3_xmas_playlist

i have a playlist which i listen to all year round. If any of you know of any songs which are great which are not on there, just tell me and i will add them :)

iluvdaholidays
11-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Music Choice, which has many music stations on my cable package, starting playing Christmas music on their "Sounds Of The Season" station. Can't wait for the local radio stations to start! :singing:

leah
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I used to just listen to it after Thanksgiving, cause that's when the radio started. But then last year I started listening to Christmas stations on Pandora (online radio) in October, and this year at the end of September I decided to download Christmas songs to put on my iPod and I've been listening to them since then haha. Probably will listen to them all year now that I have them. I love Christmas music.

SilverBells
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Once every two months, I would listen to a song or two from an online Christmas station. :rudolph:

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 10:54 PM
I have my Pandora on "Christmas Classics" right now!!

mcjakeqcool
11-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Once every two months, I would listen to a song or two from an online Christmas station. :rudolph:

Nah I'lld every 1 month and maybe even every 2 weeks.

olga
11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Right now, Im listening to Holiday Inn Soundrtack.

Nice songs and great voices..

Myy79
11-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Maybe once in a month or so. But now, when Christmas is closer and closer i listen more and more Christmasradio. I listen Accuradio, becouse we don't have here in Finland any internetradio which plays Christmas music all year.

SilverBells
11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Maybe once in a month or so. But now, when Christmas is closer and closer i listen more and more Christmasradio. I listen Accuradio, becouse we don't have here in Finland any internetradio which plays Christmas music all year.

Try online Christmas stations. They run all year long :elf3:

mcjakeqcool
11-12-2010, 07:50 AM
right now, im listening to holiday inn soundrtack.

Nice songs and great voices..

hotel motel holiday inn!

Jordan
11-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Accuradio is by the far the best xmas online radio station I've ever listened to.

I've been playing xmas music guiltlessly for the last week or so. Bing, the Carpenters, the Rudolph soundtrack, Dianna Krall, Tchaikovsky... you name it! :singing:

steph535
11-13-2010, 02:52 PM
I like pandora and accuradio

mcjakeqcool
11-19-2010, 12:33 AM
It really is Xmas now! I'm watching the X Factor and eating vanilla ice cream.

MixEngineer
11-19-2010, 02:08 AM
september is when I start listening, but some in the summer, then I take a break till September. I hope that qualifies me as an avid lover of Christmas music:)!

MinnesotaMike
11-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I try not to listen to it in the summer.

SilverBells
11-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Are you succeding?

ornamentmaven
11-21-2010, 06:44 AM
I really need to put a Christmas CD on. I just don't listen to music in the house too often. Like to listen is the car!

jgnargnar
11-21-2010, 06:55 AM
absolutely not. if i listened to xmas music all year long, than it would ruin the christmas experience for me.

mcjakeqcool
12-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Well they were playing Band Aid - Do They Know It's Xmas in Lanzarote on September 3rd and it got me dancin plus I bought a couple of drinks from behind the bar can't go wrong with that Xmas feeling Do They Know I not sure but it goes down great all year round.

Indigo Doe
12-20-2010, 06:58 AM
If its a good remix of a christmas song then I will. Search "carol of the synths indigo doe" in youtube for a cool remix of carol of the bells.

Merry Christmas!

SilverBells
12-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm listening right now :elf3: Actually I have the radio so loud the whole block can hear :elf1:

vleon101
12-20-2010, 10:41 PM
I can only get into the music in December.. before December no thanks =D:santa1:

woodeaglevigil
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll listen to it from Thanksgiving Day thru New Year's Day. However, I think this year I am going to extend it through 1-5-2011 (i.e. the 12th Day of Christmas).

mcjakeqcool
12-30-2010, 04:14 AM
I can only get into the music in December.. before December no thanks =D:santa1:

Nah I can get down to Xmas music September through to after new year after that period the novelty wares off an I play some non-Xmas tunes before they become old hat.

HollyJolly
01-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I love Christmas music...I listen to it all year, although I turn it down when a co-worker comes in my office...sometimes I just need a Christmas fix to tide me over...I am still listening to it now...I still haven't taken down my indoor Christmas decorations. I guess I will do that this weekend...so depressing...:elf2:

olga
01-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, always makes me feel good. Last night, I listened to my fav Christmas songs, for about 2 hours..
I just felt wonderful..

mcjakeqcool
01-21-2011, 08:39 AM
I am listen to new year tunes they aint the same as Xmas tunes though...

olga
02-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Whenever I miss Christmas, yes, I listen to some of my fav songs..
Of course, I have to admit, that, I do not do that very often, cause, I do not wanna lose the magic of all those wonderful songs, the period of Chirstmas.

SnowAngel
02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Of course, I have to admit, that, I do not do that very often, cause, I do not wanna lose the magic of all those wonderful songs, the period of Chirstmas.

I agree. There are some things about Christmas that you want to preserve for the holiday season itself so that you have that to look forward to. Too much of a good thing is not always good.

Jordan
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Ditto. That's why I never listen to the Carpenters' Xmas albums until the Xmas season. :)

mcjakeqcool
02-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Same, I celebrate Haloween, Bonfire Night, Children In Need, New Year, Valantine's Day, April Fool's and Easter etc when it not Xmas, I can start thinking about Xmas in around September, October.

Greetings !
03-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Ditto. That's why I never listen to the Carpenters' Xmas albums until the Xmas season. :)
Isn't the Carpenters Christmas album the best?! I thought I was the only one who listened to their album. Nice to know you like it too!

Jordan
03-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Isn't the Carpenters Christmas album the best?! I thought I was the only one who listened to their album. Nice to know you like it too!
It's my favourite Xmas album by far. My mom had it on tape when I was a kid, and I used to listen to it every night before Xmas as I fell asleep. :gelf:

ornamentmaven
03-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Karen Carpenter's voice was amazing!

Jordan
03-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Karen Carpenter's voice was amazing!
Yeah. She just sounds so... motherly. :P

SammieDsMom
03-07-2011, 09:51 PM
All year long...and I watch movies too...It sustains me. :gelf:

mcjakeqcool
03-28-2011, 08:08 AM
All year long...and I watch movies too...It sustains me. :gelf:

Ya can't beat popcorn with your mince pies! :elf1:

Greetings !
03-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Christmas Music is too beautiful to be relegated to only one month out of the year. I play AccuHolidays while at the computer all year long. Love it!

MinnesotaMike
03-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Christmas Music is too beautiful to be relegated to only one month out of the year. I play AccuHolidays while at the computer all year long. Love it!

While I agree with you, and sneak the occasional christmas tune on my Pandora...I try to keep it to Nov.-Jan. That way when the time comes, I'm ULTRA-stoked to listen.

olga
04-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Could not resist.. Im listening to some of my fav Christmas jazz songs, right now..

Jordan
04-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Got any good Xmas jazz albums that you really like, olga?

mcjakeqcool
04-12-2011, 05:29 AM
While I agree with you, and sneak the occasional christmas tune on my Pandora...I try to keep it to Nov.-Jan. That way when the time comes, I'm ULTRA-stoked to listen.

Love Xmas in November but Jan is a lil to late for me, I like Xmas from September till boxing day.

olga
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Got any good Xmas jazz albums that you really like, olga?

Diana Krall - Christmas Songs
A Nancy Wilson Christmas
Holiday Inn - Soundtrack
White Christmas - Soundtrack

I love Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Perry Como, Doris day, Dinah Washington, The Mills Brothers, Peggy Lee, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, Lionel Hampton, Dean Martin, Barbra Streisand, Oscar Peterson and soooo many more................

Difficult to choose between those great artists.. But, I would gladly buy every Christmas album of them!!!!

Jordan
04-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Thanks, olga! I really like cool Christmas jazz, but I'm still learning what's out there. I've got some of those albums, but some of them are new to me. I just gave Nancy Wilson a listen and really liked what I heard!

olga
05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I got the following cd, last year, I really liked and also loved Nancy Wilson singing Christmas Watz..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLj1vlmLDHo

mcjakeqcool
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Vanilla Ice on Dancing On Ice proves that there is Xmas spirit in the air even when it aint Xmas. Let it snow even when it's hot enough to cook MCs like a pound of bacon

christmasislove
06-17-2011, 09:33 PM
When it gets really hot outside I miss Christmas so much, so I tend to turn on a little christmas music in the dead of summer, but I really start listening around the end of October. :carols:

Christmas_mama
06-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Nope - Christmas is made more special by the fact it only comes once a year. I don't think I'd get the feeling that I do when I listen to Christmas music, if I listened to any time of year. It's part of my countdown. It is a homing beacon, a siren wailing at me that Christmas is on the way! The feelings I get are directly related to that anticipation, that magical buzz that I get with the close proximity of Christmas time.

ETA: This is with the exception of Tim Minchin's song, 'White Wine in the Sun'. This I play daily as it gets my babies to sleep. Haha :-)

mcjakeqcool
07-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Nope - Christmas is made more special by the fact it only comes once a year. I don't think I'd get the feeling that I do when I listen to Christmas music, if I listened to any time of year. It's part of my countdown. It is a homing beacon, a siren wailing at me that Christmas is on the way! The feelings I get are directly related to that anticipation, that magical buzz that I get with the close proximity of Christmas time.

ETA: This is with the exception of Tim Minchin's song, 'White Wine in the Sun'. This I play daily as it gets my babies to sleep. Haha :-)

In some parts of Aussie some people have a BBQ for Xmas dinner and lie in the sun more then they play in the snow lol!

olga
07-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I think, autumn, is the perfect time of year, to start listening to some Christmas music, dont you think???

Jordan
07-21-2011, 12:53 AM
I think, autumn, is the perfect time of year, to start listening to some Christmas music, dont you think???
Indeed. But I found a Hallowe'en jukebox online that I like to listen to in the fall, as well. :singing:

mcjakeqcool
07-31-2011, 11:12 AM
indeed. But i found a hallowe'en jukebox online that i like to listen to in the fall, as well. :singing:

love it!

MinnesotaMike
07-31-2011, 10:43 PM
Sneak a tune on Pandora every now and again.

stephmcuk
07-31-2011, 11:42 PM
i havent been rocking any christmas tunes for a while but i had my itunes on random the other week whilst cleaning and "white christmas" came on...such a classic tune and unexpected i got a bit tearfull !!

I am such a softie haha!

Shanniclause
08-01-2011, 07:55 AM
I keep Trans Siberian Orchestra on my ipod. I also have a few christmas channels loaded in Pandora on my android. I love my xmas music! :merrychristmas: