PDA

View Full Version : Who decorates the tree?

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I could not find a thread about this so i started this one.

Who decorates your tree and when?
My brother and I decorate the tree on Dec 24th in the morning.

SilverBells
09-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Nice topic :elf3:

Well, I do the decorating of the tree every year but of course with some help from my husband and kids. I usually do it in mid November. I have my kids hang the first ornaments together and always my husband to put the tree top. We listen to Christmas music and feel the magic of Christmas.:christmastree: Gosh, I feel very excited just thinking about it. One of my favorite days of the year.:yahoo:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
That sounds so great : )
You have a fake tree or?
Those thoughts makes me excited too :)

SilverBells
09-03-2010, 03:14 PM
A fake tree. I wouldn't be able to wait until mid December to have a real one. Plus I kinda feel bad to buy one even though I love the smell of the real thing.

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 03:17 PM
I wish I could invite Olga and you to my town. I want to show you everything : D The place where you buy the trees, our shops .. just everything ; ) Tell me when you're thinking about a trip to Germany :elf1::gelf::smitten:

How old are your kids? Do they still believe in Santa ? Have you posted a pic from your tree?

So many questions. :elf1:

SilverBells
09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I would love to come for a visit and see all the cool stuff you said. I will definately let you know when that happens. As for my kids, my daughter is 11 years old and knows the truth about :santa2:. My son is 5 years old and still believes.
I will definately post pictures of my tree and decorations this year. I'll see if I can post one from last year. :rudolph:

tinkerbell2
09-03-2010, 03:42 PM
We decorate the trees together, apart from the tall bits as I am only little

hence my username..:elf1:

We usually start middle of november with the landing tree then progress

to hallway tree the kitchen (hopefully a little tree in there this year...:elf1:)

and lastly the livingroom tree which is artificial and celebrating its 10th

christmas..:elf3:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
I think Germany is the only country who put up the tree one day before Christmas ;)

NCD
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
We all decorate the tree together, mainly the children at first and they hand all the deocarations on the lower branches as we have a very tall tree.:christmastree:

The Elves come to help and move them higher up when the children are in bed - so when they come downstairs the next morning we have expereinced some christmas magic!:rudolph:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 04:46 PM
My parents told us, when we were little, that they are Santas ( we have 'Christkind' ) Helper. Once my Mum came out of the bedroom with a golden star on her forehead. She told me that an angel has kissed her.

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 05:20 PM
My mother and my stepfather put the lights and the bows on and my brother and I do the other decoration.

*Snowflake*
09-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Well, in my family I always do the major part because I"m so obsessed that everything has to be perfect:waving:
My grandpa and my mum are helping me with tree and lights and then the rest of my family came to decorate with us:home:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Well, in my family I always do the major part because I"m so obsessed that everything has to be perfect:waving:
My grandpa and my mum are helping me with tree and lights and then the rest of my family came to decorate with us:home:

Do you have a pic from your tree ? :santa1:

*Snowflake*
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Do you have a pic from your tree ? :santa1:

yes I have but not on my computer,first I have to transfer to computer,but I will post the photo:elf1:

Where can I post? Here?

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Here or in Share your photos I would say :)

*Snowflake*
09-03-2010, 06:04 PM
ok, thank you:elf3:

olga
09-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I wish I could invite Olga and you to my town. I want to show you everything : D The place where you buy the trees, our shops .. just everything ; ) Tell me when you're thinking about a trip to Germany :elf1::gelf::smitten:

How old are your kids? Do they still believe in Santa ? Have you posted a pic from your tree?

So many questions. :elf1:

Let me discuss it with TIATIA, Mrs Santa Claus!!! :elf1: :elf1:
Oh, if you only knew how much I would love one day to visit Germany and all those wonderful Christmas Markets!!! :smitten:

By the way... Im shocked :eek: :eek:by the fact you decorate the tree, one day before Christmas.... It must be quite difficult for you, since you love Christmas soo much..
Isnt that so?

:merrychristmas:

NCD
09-03-2010, 09:51 PM
My little ones are 1,4,6 and 10!

Thants why I start shopping sooooo early!

tinkerbell2
09-03-2010, 09:59 PM
My little ones are 1,4,6 and 10!

Thants why I start shopping sooooo early!

I remember those days...:eek:

But mine are 25, 22, 18 and 17 now..

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Let me discuss it with TIATIA, Mrs Santa Claus!!! :elf1: :elf1:

By the way... Im shocked :eek: :eek:by the fact you decorate the tree, one day before Christmas.... It must be quite difficult for you, since you love Christmas soo much..
Isnt that so?

:merrychristmas:

No it's ok with me. I have all the other decorations. It is tradition in Germany. We do it since I am little. We have the tree 2 weeks. That's absolutely OK : )
And since last year I have a small tree in my room.

Elf_Erv
09-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I haul it up from the basement and unpack it, set it up. Then the better half does the decorating

devoy26
09-04-2010, 04:46 PM
myself and my wife decorate the tree around the 14th of december.
we usually have a glass of wine and listen to christmas music while we decorate . its majic. :christmastree:

Home alone 2
09-04-2010, 11:25 PM
I decorate most of it . My Brother and Mum help out a little bit too. We decorate around 1st December.

ornamentmaven
09-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I usually set it up the first week in December. I do almost the whole thing - my two daughters hang their own ornaments. My husband, who is all thumbs, doesn't do anything!

SilverBells
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
...My husband, who is all thumbs, doesn't do anything!

:santahat::santahat::santahat:You're funny :elf1::elf1::elf1:

Jordan
09-08-2010, 11:10 PM
My wife and I decorate the tree together, although I usually do most of the dirty work (putting the lights on, garland, etc.). As much as I love putting up the tree, I hate stringing up the lights!
I just found out a couple weeks ago that my wife and I are pregnant, so I'm also looking forward to having our future kid help us decorate the tree one day, too!

SilverBells
09-08-2010, 11:48 PM
My wife and I decorate the tree together, although I usually do most of the dirty work (putting the lights on, garland, etc.). As much as I love putting up the tree, I hate stringing up the lights!
I just found out a couple weeks ago that my wife and I are pregnant, so I'm also looking forward to having our future kid help us decorate the tree one day, too!

Congratulations Jordan. :elf3: Maybe this Christmas you will enjoy the dirty work knowing there is a little one on the way. :rudolph:

ornamentmaven
09-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Congrats Jordan!

littlestar
09-09-2010, 05:11 AM
My husband and I decorate the tree together - usually on the first weekend of December. Then we leave the room and go organize some nibbles and wine. Then we sit back and enjoy our snack while admiring our tree. It is an enjoyable time that I look forward to every year.

Myy79
09-09-2010, 05:22 AM
It depends where we are Christmas. If we are at home, tree will be decorated 23th evening and it will be me who does that work. But if we are going to my parents for Christmas (like this year), our own tree is going to decorate earlier and in my parents home it will decorated 24th morning. And i think me and my sister will decorate the tree.

I can't wait time, when our daughter helps decorating. This Christmas she might just eat those things. :elf1:

SilverBells
09-09-2010, 02:16 PM
My husband and I decorate the tree together - usually on the first weekend of December. Then we leave the room and go organize some nibbles and wine. Then we sit back and enjoy our snack while admiring our tree. It is an enjoyable time that I look forward to every year.

Sounds very nice and cosy. Do you mind or prefer it that it's the middle of summer for you or you're just used to it?

littlestar
09-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Sounds very nice and cosy. Do you mind or prefer it that it's the middle of summer for you or you're just used to it?

haha! I don't know any different. Christmas is hot. That's just how it is. I see snow and fireplaces in the movies, and I think it looks lovely ... but cold. I wonder if they mind Christmas being so cold?

SilverBells
09-13-2010, 12:02 AM
haha! I don't know any different. Christmas is hot. That's just how it is. I see snow and fireplaces in the movies, and I think it looks lovely ... but cold. I wonder if they mind Christmas being so cold?

For me the colder it is on Christmas the better.

Mary Angeldog
09-17-2010, 01:45 AM
My husband gets everything down from the attic for me the day after Thanksgiving then retreats to his den while I get to work. It takes about a week for me to do the whole house. He doesn't stay in the den the whole week but he tries not to get in my way! He loves the magic when everything is finished but he doesn't want to watch it happen.

SilverBells
09-17-2010, 04:02 AM
My husband gets everything down from the attic for me the day after Thanksgiving then retreats to his den while I get to work. It takes about a week for me to do the whole house. He doesn't stay in the den the whole week but he tries not to get in my way! He loves the magic when everything is finished but he doesn't want to watch it happen.

My husband's fine with watching me doing the decorating of the interior as long as that's all he has to do. :elf1: That and putting up the tree top. As far as decorating the exterior, we do it together every year and we enjoy it.

tinkerbell2
09-17-2010, 02:27 PM
We do the decorating together, apart from the bits tinkerbell2 cant reach...:elf3:

Which I have to say is pretty much everywhere...:elf1:

:christmastree:

stephmcuk
09-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Me and my 2 girls decorate the tree.oh is useless!!!

Xmas Annie
09-18-2010, 08:27 AM
If I didn't put the tree up, it wouldn't get done and I would be the only one missing it.
So I put it up for me. It's not my favorite thing to do, but I enjoy it when it's done!

Holiday Mom
09-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I love putting up the tree. My son and I usually do it all in one day. We do it together and really take our time oohing and aahing over all the ornaments and decorations and reminsicing about Christmases past. Each year we buy a new oranment eac, so each one has a story and memory - I also have some from my childehood that have stories too. We always make a special day out of it. The rest of the house gets done over the days afterward, but the tree is always number one. :home: