PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Christmas Tree Ornaments?

SilverBells
08-31-2010, 12:09 AM
:christmastree: Do you like classic or modern? Vintage, handmade, themed or not? Colorful or simple? Angel tree tops or stars? White lights or multi-colored ones? Please share and :merrychristmas:

ornamentmaven
08-31-2010, 02:09 AM
More classic than modern, no theme, very colorful, alittle bit of everything, white lights (highlights the ornaments better) and an angel topper. Also, I add a white tree skirt, silver beads, white garland and hundreds of ornaments. I love my tree!

Elf_Erv
08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
vintage glass bulbs, I can't have too many of em :presents1:

MissSantaClaus
08-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Classic. Red bows, wooden ornaments, some painted balls.

HollyJolly
08-31-2010, 10:15 PM
I have two themed trees - one snowman :snowman: and one Santa :santa2:.

I liked theme trees whether it has a main color or if it has a character theme, but I do prefer traditional characters -- not so much the non-Christmas themed trees...

tinkerbell2
09-01-2010, 08:40 PM
With me its all for the kids in the kitchen, candyland come woodland.

Livingroom is the frosted glass look, the hall and landing are colour coded

but I change the colours, red,gold,brown and cream are just a few colours at the moment..

steph535
09-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I prefer lots of sparkly/glittery glass bulbs of many colors, clear mini lights (although sometimes I add a little bit of multi-colored). I use the almost clear, but pearlescent beads for garland and clear, glittery glass and/or plastic icicles. I also use smallish winter white colored bows. And I have various birds; cardinals, doves, etc.... I like to see lights and ornaments throughout the tree, and not just on the outside tips of the tree. Last year I put both clear and multicolored lights on the tree and set it up so that we could have all clear, or all multi-colored or both if we wanted. And I have a couple of Christmas light dimmers that I plugged all the lights into, so I had 4 levels of dimness to choose from. It was so cool.

Donna-50
09-07-2010, 01:17 AM
My family room tree I usually decorate with things that I have collected over the years. I did try to do a theme tree one year but it didn't seem right as it seemed like I left my old friends in the garage that year.

I do have a skinner tree that I put up in the living room and that I try to change every few years as I usually do a theme in there.

My other decorations I try to mix up to get a different look every year.

SilverBells
09-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I really like a full tree. Every year I buy some new ornaments to add. My favorite ones are Santas and Angels and Christmas cookies that look handmade and have a vintage kind of look. I also have baubles, burgundy and gold, some wooden handmade Santas made for me by a friend, and lots of white lights.:christmastree:

MissSantaClaus
09-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I really like a full tree. Every year I buy some new ornaments to add. My favorite ones are Santas and Angels and Christmas cookies that look handmade and have a vintage kind of look. I also have baubles, burgundy and gold, some wooden handmade Santas made for me by a friend, and lots of white lights.:christmastree:

I can't wait to see pictures :elf1:

SilverBells
09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Will do :elf3::elf3::elf3:

Jordan
09-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I like a mix of all decorations, old and new. That way, there's something different to look for throughout the tree. Every branch is unique!

SilverBells
09-13-2010, 12:45 AM
I forgot to mention a reeindeer my daughter made in kindergarden. :rudolph:

Stargemini2590
11-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm going to be posting pictures soon of my tree this year, but one decoration I am absolutely in LOVE with is this Original Popcorn On A String that I found online last season. It brings out this old-fashioned/traditional feeling and it looks great! It's wax-coated so it stays preserved, and they are the biggest kernels of popcorn I've ever seen! I'm never stringing popcorn again!!! They have original plain garland and then also Jingle Berry which looks cute but I didn't buy those (YET)

jeremy m
11-25-2010, 03:50 PM
all the vintage hallmark ornaments that i had since i was a child(i still got them but mom/dad has them to put on their tree).

MinnesotaMike
11-25-2010, 10:32 PM
I tend to prefer collectibles, or personalized ornaments. I've never liked generic balls and whatnot. My preference is to have a more "personalized" tree, and not one that you might see in a store somewhere.

SilverBells
11-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I still like all the old looking/vintage ornaments :christmastree:

purpleskies
11-11-2011, 02:19 AM
i like angels on top of the christmas tree but this year we have a snowflake that lights up! my favorite ornament is actually a candy i love hanging candy canes on the tree! i do put different flavors but i prefer the good ol' peppermint ones :elf3:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-11-2011, 04:25 AM
I don't have to have a particular color on my tree, but this is my favorite ornament:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/MyBabyJesusOrnament-1.jpg

ornamentmaven
11-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't have to have a particular color on my tree, but this is my favorite ornament:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/MyBabyJesusOrnament-1.jpg

Very pretty ornament MW!

MinnesotaMike
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I still like all the old looking/vintage ornaments :christmastree:

Yeah...I have a soft spot for vintage as well. That taps in to our underlying feeling of nostalgia at Christmas. It's about the best feeling in the world!