PDA

View Full Version : this years xmas

devoy26
08-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Who here among us knows exactly how they will decorate their house this year eg. lights ,where the tree goes,what decorations go where etc ???:home:

tinkerbell2
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Ours is pretty much the same as previous years but with a few little things

added that were bought during the year..as for the tree in the living room it can

only go in one place for max effect ( so people can see through the window )..:elf1:

NCD
09-03-2010, 04:44 PM
We moved house this year so my decorating 'strategy' will have to change.

I have been thinking about and will try and draw up some plans (nothing special very basic!!!!)

Am so excited!!!!!!!:dance::dance::dance:

*Snowflake*
09-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Ours is pretty much the same as previous years but with a few little things

added that were bought during the year..as for the tree in the living room it can

only go in one place for max effect ( so people can see through the window )..:elf1:

Yes,that"s the way we put the tree also,behind the balcony door and then is beautiful to see the tree from outside:elf3:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 05:48 PM
We also put our tree to our balcony door.

NCD
09-03-2010, 06:32 PM
We have one tree in the window of the living room - tradtion Christmas window scene!

Ant his year one in the family room at the back of the house - i need to buy this tree so might actually wait and get a real one.:tree1:

devoy26
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
We are moving into our new house soon and the excitement is building . i havent a clue what to do yet and will spend from october onwards formulating a plan.
the tree will defo go in the window so the everyone can see it.
i also have nice rope lights to go in the garden . the rest will take careful planning as we are having the family over for xmas day.:santa2:

ornamentmaven
09-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Well, this will be the 20th Christmas in my house so things are pretty routine by now! I always start decorating the day after Thanksgiving and finish by the first weekend in December. Usually the outside lights go up first. It's good to get this done because the weather can turn bad at any time. Next, I set up the village. That is very time consuming and takes a full day. People are always amazed by the results. Then I set aside a day for general decorating including the small white tree in the den. I always have to pack away my everyday decorations to make room first. Lastly, I set up the main tree in the living room front window. Can't wait!

tinkerbell2
09-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, this will be the 20th Christmas in my house so things are pretty routine by now! I always start decorating the day after Thanksgiving and finish by the first weekend in December. Usually the outside lights go up first. It's good to get this done because the weather can turn bad at any time. Next, I set up the village. That is very time consuming and takes a full day. People are always amazed by the results. Then I set aside a day for general decorating including the small white tree in the den. I always have to pack away my everyday decorations to make room first. Lastly, I set up the main tree in the living room front window. Can't wait!

I hope you will be posting pictures.:elf3:

ornamentmaven
09-06-2010, 06:03 AM
I hope to Tink! I just hope to be able to decorate to the extent I always do. My recovery time is long. I will need to be fitted for an orthodic device before I can walk. It takes a month for it to be made, but I can't even be fitted for it until I am totally healed. Hopefully I will be walking again in November!

tinkerbell2
09-06-2010, 06:11 AM
I hope to Tink! I just hope to be able to decorate to the extent I always do. My recovery time is long. I will need to be fitted for an orthodic device before I can walk. It takes a month for it to be made, but I can't even be fitted for it until I am totally healed. Hopefully I will be walking again in November!

I wish you a slow and steady recovery ornamentmaven..:elf3:

ornamentmaven
09-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks Tink! It is very frustrating not to be able to move around freely!

louisastreater
09-07-2010, 02:37 AM
i just love to decorate my home..and i am trying to decorate throughout the house with Christmas trees of different sizes and colors. :christmastree:

Christmas Gift Baskets (http://www.bluechopsticks.com/gift_baskets.asp)

SilverBells
09-14-2010, 04:47 AM
I don't have much spare room to work with so the tree goes to the same place every year. I just move things around a little bit and ofcourse add some new decorations every year. I LOVE IT. I can't wait. I love to love Christmas so much.:christmastree:

JollyElfDC
09-14-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm going through renovations, and I still don't know how long everything will be pulled apart for. I know I'll have something on my door, but inside the house is another story.

olga
09-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Nice thread. :santa:
This year, my decoration wil be pretty much the same with last years.
Tree will go on the same corner, I will just add more candy canes on and more toys, I always prefer them from balls.
I like my tree to remind me of my childhood..

I will also buy a few more big red bows for the tree and garlands, that decorate the whole house.
However, I think, I may have to buy some extra lights for the tree, cause, 800 did not seem to be enough, last Christmas. Im getting 500 more, I think.

Oh!! I almost forgot!! And something new for my decoration!! I will finally hang on the wall of my living room, two lovely Christmas puzzles I made this summer!!!

:merrychristmas:

Snowman
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Pretty much the same as most years,except my wife changes the colours of the decorations,golds,reds etc,something different most years.Our tree always goes in the same spot,we have two almost frosted glass windows in one wall of the lounge,so the tree goes there and lights reflect back into the room,and also shine through to the hall and stairs.:home:

ps Just bought some mince pies,and having one with a cup of tea.:elf1:

Mary Angeldog
09-19-2010, 05:26 AM
I also have to put away my usual decorations to make room for Christmas. The basic plan is always the same with some variey in the details. The foyer tree is white lights, white crochet snowflakes and crystal icicles; guest room has a small seedling with characters from children's books and movies. The living room tree varies: Some years I use our shiny blown glass ornies, others our country fabric, wood and pottery ones and occasionally our sparkly turquoise, chartreuse and purple ones (not too often though). My trees always have angel-dog tree toppers since brittanies and australian shepherds have been our fur children for many, many years. My Santas perch on almost every flat surface and I have a nativity scene in most rooms.

Holiday Mom
09-19-2010, 09:21 AM
What I'm really excited for is a ceramic tree I was given last year. In the 60s and 70s housewives made these ceramic Christmas trees as crafts. They have little holes in them for coloured glass or plastic (sometimes shapes like birds, or stars, or bulbs) and there's a hole for a light bulb in the bottom, when you turn it on all the glass/plastic lights up. My grandmother and my step mother both had them when I was growing up and I have fond memories of playing with the glass bits (although i did get into a lot of trouble for it). When my grandmother passed away I was supposed to get hers, but no one could ever find it. Last year, a friend of my aunt's found her mothers and remembering how much I had wanted one, gave it to me. I didn't have an opportunity to use it last year, so I can't wait to get it out this year.

This isn't mine, but here's a pic for reference:

ornamentmaven
09-19-2010, 12:21 PM
I remember those ceramic Christmas trees vividly! We didn't have one but they were quite popular!

Jordan
09-19-2010, 11:40 PM
My grandmother used to have the exact same tree, Holiday Mom, but I don't know whatever happened to it. I loved that thing as a kid.

littlestar
09-21-2010, 05:19 AM
I lost my Christmas mojo a couple of years ago when some family members laughed at my lame Christmas tree. But this year I think I'm getting my groove back. To heck with the others! I'm decorating this year and I don't care what they think. I'm excited about Christmas already.

SilverBells
09-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I lost my Christmas mojo a couple of years ago when some family members laughed at my lame Christmas tree. But this year I think I'm getting my groove back. To heck with the others! I'm decorating this year and I don't care what they think. I'm excited about Christmas already.

Good for you Littlestar. :yahoo: I'm also excited about Christmas and I'm loving it. :rudolph:

MissSantaClaus
09-21-2010, 02:28 PM

Do you have a real tree? I'm sure your tree will be just great.

devoy26
10-11-2010, 05:57 PM

that sounds amazing . i have to buy more stuff to catch up.:santa:

ornamentmaven
10-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I have so much stuff now that I barely have room to store it. I always say that I'm not going to put everything up, but I always end up with everything! When people walk in they think they're at Santa's workshop!

ChantelleJoy
10-12-2010, 12:44 AM
What I'm really excited for is a ceramic tree I was given last year. In the 60s and 70s housewives made these ceramic Christmas trees as crafts. They have little holes in them for coloured glass or plastic (sometimes shapes like birds, or stars, or bulbs) and there's a hole for a light bulb in the bottom, when you turn it on all the glass/plastic lights up. My grandmother and my step mother both had them when I was growing up and I have fond memories of playing with the glass bits (although i did get into a lot of trouble for it). When my grandmother passed away I was supposed to get hers, but no one could ever find it. Last year, a friend of my aunt's found her mothers and remembering how much I had wanted one, gave it to me. I didn't have an opportunity to use it last year, so I can't wait to get it out this year.

This isn't mine, but here's a pic for reference:

I totally remember those too - my aunt had one, in the 80s! :)

JollyElfDC
10-12-2010, 08:22 AM
I remember those ceramic trees too. My family didn't have one, but several friends and neighbors had them, and I even had a couple of teachers who brought the in to decorate the classrooms.

grottogirl84
10-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone! :santa2:

Well we just moved house last month so it will be our first xmas in our new flat, its already feeling very homely and cosy here though so I'm sure we can make it lovely and xmasy!
Its pretty small though so we can't go too crazy on the decorations!also living in busy london there isn't much room to put decorations outside! We always get a real xmas tree though. no compromise! I love the smell of them and thats a great feeling to come home to when you come in from the cold and you see your REAL xmas tree all lit up and smelling like pure christmas!!!
:home: