PDA

View Full Version : how many of you have started shopping?

onemagicalchristmas
01-18-2008, 12:51 AM
I have boughten for 14 people so far and I am also making tissue holders out of plastic canvas for the ladies. So far I have 3 made and only a couple more to go!

:waving:

PumpkinJack81
01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
My wife and I bought a few things for people suring the after Christmas sales, so we have a nice start on this year's Christmas.

By the way, welcome to the boards onemagicalchristmas! :waving: I'm an NC-native too! :)

karanmi
03-01-2008, 08:42 PM
I sure have started. With 18 Grandkids I have to shop all year around. And I have several homemade items already done up.

macama
04-24-2008, 12:06 PM
For now im just asking people what they want.They thinkm im crazy but i dont care.:santa:

geoff_grove2001
07-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Have any of you heard of Clearplay? It is a DVD player that edits unwanted content from a movie as it is watched. To learn more about it go to www.claerplay.com, check it out and call me and I can give you a great Christmas deal. 888-303-0771 ex. 832
Geoff

persimmonpudding
07-12-2008, 03:32 PM
We keep an eye out all year so I guess we never stop. but we don't shop much either. We like to be done on or before Thanksgiving so that any and all time we're off, we're spending that with family instead of all the folks we see on the news being miserable and frantically running around. We may go to an art show or something but we don't step foot one into malls and such during the holidays.

We also used to go to after-christmas sales. If you waited long enough, it was a steep discount. These days the first few markdowns see most of it sold and it isn't as much of a draw for us.

Add to that, we always had an interest in handmade and cottage industry stuff before, but a few sites have made it more of a goal for us:

http://www.buyhandmade.org/

http://www.etsy.com

and a little bit of ebay, but a LOT of personal artists websites and forums online.

We figured we can support corporate mass-produced overseas mess, or we can support people making a living, spending money where it does the most good for a mess of an economy. It wasn't a hard choice.

celebratechristmas
07-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I have already started looking. I do want to make some homemade gifts this year. I need to set my budget for gifts then I will know how much I can spend on each person.

XmasDVD
07-16-2008, 06:15 PM
We do a 'secret Santa' every year - draw names and buy 1 gift for 1 person with like a $40 limit. Works out well because between marriages and kids we'd have to buy for like 20 people or more each year - ack! My wife and I will spoil each other and then just do the SS shopping too - works out great! Our biggest expense now are Christmas Cards.

hazelnut
08-16-2008, 06:18 AM
i got something for my son already and as our daughter will have just turned one we are cleaning up and wrapping some of the toys we got my son for his first crimbo, (he was abou tto turn one) he ignored the presents totally so we figure what with her birthday at the beginning of december and her being so young we will reuse and save the pennies as we will be moving house soon after (if not moved by then).

once the kids are back at school in september my sis and i go off on present hunt.

McDLT
08-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Got one present and a part of one present so far. Usually I wait until December to start shopping because I actually like the hustle and bustle and find it quite fun to shop for Christmas at Christmas time. I guess it's part of what I like about Christmas.

anniesplace
08-17-2008, 09:48 AM
hi i'v already got most of what is needed the main presants are bought and tucked away, iv saved the money i need for the food and extra pressys just incase. i go shopping for the next year the week after xmas in the sales it's amazing what you can pick up in the supermarkets.:dizzy:

ravenrose28
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
ive started xmas shopping too ive bought all the main pressies , just as well really cos my partner has lost his job!!!!!!!

anniesplace
08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
:sad elf:
ive started xmas shopping too ive bought all the main pressies , just as well really cos my partner has lost his job!!!!!!!:sad elf: oh thats a bummer but theres going to be a lot more by the end of the year:mad:

TheChristmasPickle
08-22-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm about done. A few stuffers left and things for hubby that I can't get til closer. Like a gc for a massage and cigars. Have ornaments to make and necklaces too

anniesplace
08-22-2008, 08:34 AM
:mad:
I'm about done. A few stuffers left and things for hubby that I can't get til closer. Like a gc for a massage and cigars. Have ornaments to make and necklaces too:mad: yes its annoying that you cannot get every thing well before christmas but i do like watching others running around like chickens with no heads.:rudolph::dizzy:

Daisy
09-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I love this thread. I'm starting this Saturday. I don't have a job at the moment, but I have a little bit saved up... I have seven people to buy for and two hamsters. So it'll probably be a little expensive. O_O;

soaplady
09-29-2008, 07:38 AM
I've been thinking about starting up a list and seeing what I can do. It's in my thoughts. :santahat:

Brokendreams4905
09-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I started a few days ago and I hope to be done before November.

Daisy
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I've been thinking about starting up a list and seeing what I can do. It's in my thoughts. :santahat:

Yeah, that's what I do! I write down all the names of the people, then under their name, I write down 4/5 presents I could get for them!

So far, I have got two presents for my boyfriend (can't tell you what because he might find this forum and figure me out, the naughty kipper!) a hand manicure set and a bathing kit for my mum, a herbal remedy set and a oil burner for my sister, a crossword book for dad, a game (PC), Jenga, and a word search book for my little brother and I've got my boyfriends' parents what I KNOW they'd like... joss sticks and a book on old trains.

I'm still getting other bits and bobs and I need to sort out presents for my baby hamsters!!

PumpkinJack81
10-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah, that's what I do! I write down all the names of the people, then under their name, I write down 4/5 presents I could get for them!

So far, I have got two presents for my boyfriend (can't tell you what because he might find this forum and figure me out, the naughty kipper!) a hand manicure set and a bathing kit for my mum, a herbal remedy set and a oil burner for my sister, a crossword book for dad, a game (PC), Jenga, and a word search book for my little brother and I've got my boyfriends' parents what I KNOW they'd like... joss sticks and a book on old trains.

I'm still getting other bits and bobs and I need to sort out presents for my baby hamsters!!

Sounds like you've got a nice start. :gelf: By the way, I love reading your English words like "bits and bobs." I have a friend who lives over in Lancaster and I love hearing him talk about Crimbo. :kinky elf:

nchantin
10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums... I began my Christmas shopping a few months ago and was able to take advantage of some wonderful sales! The rising costs of gasoline and utilities and the economy has forced us to cut a few corners so, this year we're thinking practical gifts, as well as a few little luxuries, when it comes to gift-giving.

To date, I've shopped for my dear daughter and her hubby --- mostly home decor items as they're changing their dining room decor into a wine themed decor. Since this trend has been around for a while, its been easy to find some beautiful items for them to enjoy. I'm still on the lookout for the "just right" style of wine rack!

For my growing 2 1/2 yr. old grand-daughter, I purchased a complete twin bed set with Comforter, sheets, dust ruffle {took advantage of Linens-n-Things Going out of business sale} and then I found a co-ordinating pillow in another store. DGD is still sleeping in her converted toddler bed style crib, but sometime over the course of the next year, I'm certain this will change. I've also found some toile cover fabric boxes and some sock organizers for her dresser drawers.

Shopping for our parents is the hardest part... we never know what they need, desire, and already have, so shopping for them is my hardest chore.

I scrapbook, rubberstamp, and create books by hand so I'm certain I'll enjoy creating a few cards, gift tags, and handmade scrapbooks for those who enjoy a handmade gift.

Cathy

Daisy
10-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Sounds like you've got a nice start. :gelf: By the way, I love reading your English words like "bits and bobs." I have a friend who lives over in Lancaster and I love hearing him talk about Crimbo. :kinky elf:

Hahaha thanks, I get that a lot about the English thing. As for Crimbo, my family never really took to calling it that, although this year, we've picked up the habit of "Crimbles". I'd never even heard "Crimbles" before now. :P

nchantin; Ah, I love making things too! I handmake a lot because I'm often at home due to my illness. I handmake a lot for my fiancee. He usually appreciates it because he knows how hard I work on it... This year, I'm going to sew him something. :)

PumpkinJack81
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums... I began my Christmas shopping a few months ago and was able to take advantage of some wonderful sales! The rising costs of gasoline and utilities and the economy has forced us to cut a few corners so, this year we're thinking practical gifts, as well as a few little luxuries, when it comes to gift-giving.

To date, I've shopped for my dear daughter and her hubby --- mostly home decor items as they're changing their dining room decor into a wine themed decor. Since this trend has been around for a while, its been easy to find some beautiful items for them to enjoy. I'm still on the lookout for the "just right" style of wine rack!

For my growing 2 1/2 yr. old grand-daughter, I purchased a complete twin bed set with Comforter, sheets, dust ruffle {took advantage of Linens-n-Things Going out of business sale} and then I found a co-ordinating pillow in another store. DGD is still sleeping in her converted toddler bed style crib, but sometime over the course of the next year, I'm certain this will change. I've also found some toile cover fabric boxes and some sock organizers for her dresser drawers.

Shopping for our parents is the hardest part... we never know what they need, desire, and already have, so shopping for them is my hardest chore.

I scrapbook, rubberstamp, and create books by hand so I'm certain I'll enjoy creating a few cards, gift tags, and handmade scrapbooks for those who enjoy a handmade gift.

Cathy

Hi Cathy! :waving:

And welcome to the forums! It sounds like you're doing the right thing...shopping early and giving practical gifts. I can completely relate to that with the state of our economy and gas crisis. Good luck with the rest of your shopping! Hope to see you around the forums more. :santa1:

~Bob :gelf:

PumpkinJack81
10-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Hahaha thanks, I get that a lot about the English thing. As for Crimbo, my family never really took to calling it that, although this year, we've picked up the habit of "Crimbles". I'd never even heard "Crimbles" before now. :P

Glad you don't mind my comments on the "English thing." :kinky elf: I've never heard of Crimbles either, but it may catch on! :santahat:

Chrismom
10-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I started shopping for christmas the day after last christmas

Dasher
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I haven't started yet, but I'll need to soon. I like to get it all done by the end of November at the latest.

henryjamez
10-17-2008, 03:53 PM
i havn't start it yet too , but Soon i gonna start it ...Hope i will get Some Good Stuff for my childrens ...

luciagalliford04
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Usually I am always starting with preparations for Christmas so that I get into a bit of a hurry in the end (I am not a last minute shopper tough), but this year I think that I have got at least most gifts for my beloved already in my head and several of them already in one of my closets. :gelf:

I always envy people like you nchantin who start with their shopping and Christmas so early. I always try to but fail miserably every year. It is a great thing that you have found some additional things to compliment your daughter's fine wine theme decor. I bet she will love her Christmas present. presents

rudolphreindeer
11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm in Pa. My Christmas gift list is very small (about 7 people).
So I easily completed all my christmas buying very quickly
without any headaches.

Happy Holidays To All of You,

ladyice
11-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I am still working on my lists. I am about half done so far :)

JollyElfDC
11-10-2008, 08:55 PM
My family all live in Westrern Canada, so I have to mail everything out. I'm pleased to say that all my family gifts are purchased. I'm just waiting for something I ordered on line to be delivered. It should be here wednesday. Hopefully I'll have everything sent by the end of the week.:)

onemagicalchristmas
11-10-2008, 11:35 PM
wow. that is great. I am still procrastinating on my gift cards and spending money on christmas cards. Thank God for dollar tree I have already boughten 12 boxes this year. Hopefully I am done just have to finish writing them out!.

JollyElfDC
11-11-2008, 03:21 AM
I am still procrastinating on my gift cards

Be careful about giving gift cards. With the economy the way it is, some of those stores might not be around long.

Mr. collin
11-11-2008, 12:08 PM
WOW ! everyone here seems to get started early:kinky elf:

Ive only managed to get gifts for my brothers so far. I was never a fan of getting clothing for xmas when i was young but what ive done this year is get them some cutom made work shirts from f.dglobaltrading on ebay.

i hope i can get more shopping done early like the rest of you all ! i still have a lot of gifts to buy.

Happy holidays to all:christmastree::santa1:

namesakes
11-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Got one present and a part of one present so far. Usually I wait until December to start shopping because I actually like the hustle and bustle and find it quite fun to shop for Christmas at Christmas time. I guess it's part of what I like about Christmas.

I also wait until it gets closer to season. Just makes it that much more traditional!

ladyice
11-12-2008, 02:28 AM
One thing left and I am done! Hit Kohls tonight, wooo!

JollyElfDC
11-12-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm so mad! My online order came today and it was WRONG!:mad: What was in the box and what was on the slip were 2 different things! Why wouldn't somebody check before it was mailed out?I normally don't order things from the internet, and I doubt I will again.:mad: At least it isn't December yet so I still have time.

k nielsen
11-13-2008, 08:42 PM
My shopping is done! I do have a few little things that I would like to grab, but I have all of the major things done! Yaaaaa!

alicat123
11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I must admit the closest i have got to christmas shopping yet is writing out my chrismas card list. as for shopping, well i'll have to get paid before i can start. But i appluade you all for being so organised!

i luv christmas best
11-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow I'm jealous...You guys are so organized. I haven't done a thing yet...but with your inspiration I'll get started this weekend.

onemagicalchristmas
11-14-2008, 03:40 AM
I decided to get gifts instead of gift cards I will just let my great nephew know there gifts will be at great grammas on christmas day for them to pick up. I am getting them hadnheld games and a bag of Holiday M&M's each. THey will have fun with them. they are usually on a charity christmas program because they only recieve child support momma refuses to work! SO they are grateful! presents presents presents

glone
11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I am a last minute shopper, and I never know what to get anyone. haha I also have a bad habit of spending too much money on things that people never use. :eek:

onemagicalchristmas
11-16-2008, 11:52 PM
I am one that likes to pick up a last minute gift but for the most part I aman early shopper ususally. I am still debating on what to get my great nephews that I don't get to see. Their mother likes it that way until no one buys something for them for christmas then she gets pissed.

Christmas Queen
11-17-2008, 12:48 AM
I've been shopping since August!presents
And I still have a page and a half of gifts to get!:presents2:
I just hope my budget holds out!:my lord:
Thank goodness for Christmas Clubs at the bank!:angel:

Noel
11-18-2008, 10:26 PM
In fact, I buy all year long, when I find something pleasant, or during the sales, or something I kow it will be suitable for somebody in particular.:waving:
And just before Xmas, I decide for who the presents will be !

jeffkaffen
11-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Started shopping? How about finished shopping?

christmas80
11-28-2008, 03:29 AM
since i was 10 years old shoppong for my family :santahat:

-------
For the best Christmas gift ideas for 2008 be sure to visit
christmas.freenewsupdate.com

onemagicalchristmas
11-29-2008, 01:30 AM
not finished yet but I am hoping to finish up on the first or second weekend in december. I am going to do the christmas club thing next year. so I can shop later in the year. when the toy books come out. presentspresentspresentspresentspresentspresentspr esents

quags
11-30-2008, 11:30 PM
I have started and Im not even close to finishing :snowman:

HollyJoy
12-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Im a little late, but I did some on Black Friday.

happy2day
12-03-2008, 03:39 PM
:kinky elf:Im yet to really get into my shopping, its not knowing what people want thats killing my highstreet walks :)

onemagicalchristmas
12-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I am giving a lot of Avon this year. But next year I am cutting back on the number I buy for by 8. I am buying for 8 kids and 3 adults. plus about 3 fur babies. do you know what each person does for fun. Like scrapbooking, reading, crafting, etc. THere is also something they might collect.

xmaslover
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm doing mostly online shopping to save time. Where I live there's only one major mall and it is packed all of the time during the hours I can go. And this is even on non holiday days.

charminggiftstore
12-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Believe it or not, I haven't even started yet, and it's just two weeks until Christmas!! I will start this weekend though. I always tell myself to start early each year, and each year I always wait until the last minute.

saramitch85
12-10-2008, 07:55 PM
I started in October!

drc40
12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
We have stared our shopping. Most of the gifts this year will come from second hand shops and flea markets. One original gift we are getting is a personalized letter from Santa for our son. He is seven and beginning to have doubts about the reality of Santa. The best site we found was www.ezsantaletters.com. They offer more variety than most other sites we looked at.

onemagicalchristmas
12-11-2008, 08:38 PM
thanks for the link. I am sure that we are all doing our best to get our shopping finished. I know I am and there is so little time to do it in! I love you!

wojiushiwo
12-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Is this phone cool or what? Has anyone seen this before?
It worked great until my dog got a hold of it and just about half ate it. If he had any money I would make him pay for it. I guess I will have to go order another one.

Mary Angeldog
12-12-2008, 04:50 PM
I shop mostly on line and often my favorite sites offer sales in the summer so I can get something I know my friends or family will like at a great price. I'm usually finished with my major shopping by Thanksgiving but I don't wrap til the house is decorated in December. I play carols and have fun devoting an evening to just wrapping gifts.

onemagicalchristmas
12-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Finished my shopping today. I picked up dad 12 pairs of socks and signed the tag from mom. I bought my great nephews an assortment of gifts and candy. I also picked up an ornament for the exchange! and of course the dogs bought me several things I have been eyeing up for christmas. Mom got her Maxine Calendar and hubby finished his shopping today as well. I still have $4.00 to my name which is good! anyone else finished with thier shopping yet!

Blue07
12-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I've done about 2/3 of my shopping... I think..

I got dad two polo tees, a blouse for mum, a pair of dockers for my brother and a bobbi brown travel make up brush set for my sister. Only the one for dad will be a surprise as the others were stuff they requested. How unexciting! :presents2:

I also got a table lamp for my best friend, bottles of nail polish from bloop for my other girl friends. There's one girl friend who doesn't do the girly stuff like make up and such so it's tough to figure out what to get her. Any ideas? :rudolph:

I still have to get gifts for the kids ... 3 boys and 2 girls ... all ranging between 2-9 and one new born.

Other than that, I think I'm all covered ... :my lord:

onemagicalchristmas
12-13-2008, 05:17 PM
does your friend read? Maybe get her a book or a bath spa set. FOr the kids have you considered webkinz. I got my oldest great nephews 8 and 9 marbles, virtual pet keychains, soda bottles that look like ornaments(coke), and rocket balloons. Plus a bag of candy. I think they will like it! presents presents presents presents

Blue07
12-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the suggestions onemagicalchristmas!

My friend's reading list seems very confined (only to Christian books, I think) :dizzy: She's more um .... "male" in the sense that she likes gadget-y stuff and which I'm absolutely quite clueless about. Haha! She's the sort of girl that is forever in t shirts and trousers or jeans and absolutely refuses to put on a skirt! My brother did give me a rather good idea...a thumbdrive. I'm sure that would somehow be useful!

Marbles is a great idea! Must bring these modern-day kids back to the times where we didn't always sit in front of the computer playing computer games. And this is something I'm sure the girls would like as much as the boys! :tree:

Oooh and candy is a must ... I'll grab a bag for myself too..

onemagicalchristmas
12-15-2008, 03:58 AM
I got my great nephews those new Chocolate skittles! I hope they like them. and for my great niece I got her Hannah Montana gummi guitars and the makings for a candy bracelet. I hope she will be happy.

andrewtiger
12-16-2008, 06:18 AM
I bought some small accessories to decorate my house

onemagicalchristmas
12-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestions onemagicalchristmas!

My friend's reading list seems very confined (only to Christian books, I think) :dizzy: She's more um .... "male" in the sense that she likes gadget-y stuff and which I'm absolutely quite clueless about. Haha! She's the sort of girl that is forever in t shirts and trousers or jeans and absolutely refuses to put on a skirt! My brother did give me a rather good idea...a thumbdrive. I'm sure that would somehow be useful!

Marbles is a great idea! Must bring these modern-day kids back to the times where we didn't always sit in front of the computer playing computer games. And this is something I'm sure the girls would like as much as the boys! :tree:

Oooh and candy is a must ... I'll grab a bag for myself too..

Beverly Lewis is a good author if she likes stories about Amish traditions. I love reading her books. :merrychristmas:

onemagicalchristmas
12-24-2008, 12:02 AM
how many of you still have some shopping left to do? I would not go shopping on CE for any amount of money! Even if they were giving things away!

aarthabenn
12-24-2008, 01:54 PM
one day a head for the christmas,i been in a hurry to get the things done at the right time,this christmas is special for me because i am gonna celebrate it with my galfriend,anyhow interested gadzets and i am awaiting for the rebates for this season to get anyproduct,hopefully i am searching in the net sevearly for such type of products,i found "TRUEHOTDEALS.COM" something interesting to get my products

how ever i found some prouducts such corsair 16GB pendrive for $10 and memory cards as i need them now most for $7 (4GB) ,and a canon 14.2 mp camer for nearly $250,i need to shop all these things

and later i should go for my x-mas tree and i am really worried how to take care of it

tisusa
12-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Im done!
I started about 3 weeks ago. This year I did a lot of online shopping and save me a lot of time, plus I found better deals...
I shop throught this website incase you are not done with your xmas shopping: joinbigcrumbs.com
And it was a lot of fun and specially a lot of savings.
Well, dinner with the immediate family tonight and presents and lucnh with the rest of the family tomorrow!
Merry christmas everyone!

olga
08-26-2009, 11:01 AM
I'll go and buy my new Christmas tree :christmastree: at the begining of October, because I'll find it cheaper.. :smitten:

After the first days of November, prices go double!! :eek:

I so much look forward to it... :yahoo:

Shanniclause
08-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Ive been thinking of getting an early start this year. Having a five month old and it being our first, i think we are going to try and make it as least stressful as possible!

Olga, I bought me a nice fake tree last year. Its perfect and we got it at a place that was having a Christmas tree sale on Thanksgiving weekend. It was half off. So were all the ornaments!

ikey2
08-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Ive been thinking of getting an early start this year. Having a five month old and it being our first, i think we are going to try and make it as least stressful as possible!

Olga, I bought me a nice fake tree last year. Its perfect and we got it at a place that was having a Christmas tree sale on Thanksgiving weekend. It was half off. So were all the ornaments!

Great Deal on the tree. Also wants to say congregations on your 5 month old baby. The wife an I are getting ready to start having IVF this November so hoping it works out for us.

Shanniclause
08-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Congrats!

Mistletoe
08-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Good luck Ike!!

olga
08-27-2009, 07:46 AM

Im talking about a fake tree, too.
I think its the right time for someone to buy a tree, so that they won't have to pay it double later. :dance:

ikey2
08-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Good luck Ike!!

Thanks a bunch....

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Im talking about a fake tree, too.
I think its the right time for someone to buy a tree, so that they won't have to pay it double later. :dance:

I completely agree

tinkerbell2
08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
not started any christmas shopping yet!!!.....

usually start in oct/nov but i like to leave until last minute.:yahoo:

olga
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
not started any christmas shopping yet!!!.....

usually start in oct/nov but i like to leave until last minute.:yahoo:

And what about stores in England? Do they open the Christmas season from October?

tinkerbell2
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
And what about stores in England? Do they open the Christmas season from October?

yes the stores are starting to put stock on the shelves now:yahoo:

ikey2
08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Starting to see few places laying out a few things already. Dollar General put out wrapping paper. Hobby Lobby has most there stuff, Wal-Mart had some wreaths and stuff in the fabric isle

tinkerbell2
08-28-2009, 01:51 PM
here in the uk its the garden centres that have all the best displays

and decorations:yahoo:

especially what we look for every year is glass things:santa-smiley:

olga
08-29-2009, 06:51 AM
yes the stores are starting to put stock on the shelves now:yahoo:

How nice... In my country, they start the first days of November... :christmastree:

Elvira1986
08-30-2009, 07:33 AM
here in the uk its the garden centres that have all the best displays

and decorations:yahoo:

especially what we look for every year is glass things:santa-smiley:

Same here. I love to go to the garden centers around Christmas. They have beautiful decorations and a lot of christmassy displays.

tinkerbell2
08-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Same here. I love to go to the garden centers around Christmas. They have beautiful decorations and a lot of christmassy displays.

here,here.... couldn't agree more !!!:santa-smiley:

cant wait to get looking around now:yahoo:

onemagicalchristmas
08-30-2009, 08:16 PM
I am on a book hunt. alot of my family likes to read so I am going to start hunting for books for everybody. My mom wants the new Elizbeth Siddons book. I got her started on that author. I bought 4 of her books and couldn't get into them but she loved them. Most take place in the NC/SC areas.
:carols:

noelglori
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
I started in July for the 2009 Christmas. I like to get done as much as I can before the roads get snowy and icy.

ikey2
08-31-2009, 02:19 PM
I started in July for the 2009 Christmas. I like to get done as much as I can before the roads get snowy and icy.

I miss the snow and ice. I use to live in AK and ME when i was in the NAVY, now that i live in the south no more snow not even a flurry...:mad::mad::mad:

EllfGirl
08-31-2009, 02:32 PM
In my country stores are getting ready for Christmas only after All Soul's Day (which is on 1st Nov) :sad elf:
But last week I have found Christmas wrapping paper sale on supermarket!:yahoo: already bought 6 rolls:yahoo:

Shanniclause
08-31-2009, 03:33 PM
In my country stores are getting ready for Christmas only after All Soul's Day (which is on 1st Nov) :sad elf:
But last week I have found Christmas wrapping paper sale on supermarket!:yahoo: already bought 6 rolls:yahoo:

Ive been looking out for deals on stuff like paper but havent found anything yet :(

MacShirts
08-31-2009, 11:21 PM
I dont know if you guys have a Hobby Lobby close, but they already have all of their Christmas stuff up including trees, paper, ornaments, everything. We were pretty shocked to see it up mid-August :eek:

gummgirl
09-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Mid-August. Where I live they start in July. No Kidding!

Christmasplease
09-01-2009, 02:50 AM
WOW!:dizzy:

MacShirts
09-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Thats just a bit to early for me! I like looking at everything but then you realize that the season is still 5 months away! It makes the waiting a little unbearable

Christmasplease
09-01-2009, 03:39 AM
I can't shop too early because my kids change their minds. Now my almost 15 yr. old wants a laptop for her Bday and Christmas. Now how does that work? D:candycane1:oes that mean she gets nothing for her Bday and she knows exactly what will be under the tree Christmas morning?

MacShirts
09-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Haha, its the trick I tried to pull on my parents when I was young too, saying that the gift will cover both Bday and Christmas, but knowing dang well my parents weren't going to leave me present-less on xmas morning! It worked :D

Christmasplease
09-01-2009, 03:56 AM
Haha, its the trick I tried to pull on my parents when I was young too, saying that the gift will cover both Bday and Christmas, but knowing dang well my parents weren't going to leave me present-less on xmas morning! It worked :D

You are SO right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:presents1:

olga
09-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I'll start shopping at the and of October, when I'll buy my new Tree.

In other words, this morning, I saw a store with a small announcment '' Inside, you will find Christmas offers ''. :yahoo:

I wanted to go in, but it was too early in the morning...

ikey2
09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Honestly, it is never to early for stores to have Christmas stuff for sale. I understand why it makes some people upset. But we need to keep the name of Christmas. Since more and more each year the word becomes more and more of a secret.

Shanniclause
09-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I'll start shopping at the and of October, when I'll buy my new Tree.

In other words, this morning, I saw a store with a small announcment '' Inside, you will find Christmas offers ''. :yahoo:

I wanted to go in, but it was too early in the morning...

I cant wait to see a sign like that.

ikey2
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM

you and me both.

Christmasplease
09-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Honestly, it is never to early for stores to have Christmas stuff for sale. I understand why it makes some people upset. But we need to keep the name of Christmas. Since more and more each year the word becomes more and more of a secret.

Agree with the word becoming too much of a secret statement!:sad elf:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Let's see... I bought eight gifts for adults on my list and about eight items for my American Girl doll, Molly.

Molly's List:

Striped PJ's
Robe & Slippers
Silver Round Glasses
Brown Oval Glasses
Miniature Doll
Socks and Shoes :presents1:

olga
09-02-2009, 04:26 AM

This morning, on my way to work, I went to the store again, just to look at the sign!! :gelf::gelf:

olga
09-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Now, Im waiting to get paid at the end of the month and I'll just go to that store and buy something Christmas!! I want it so much!

:candycane1:

GingerbreadGirl
09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
I just bought the first presents of the year, a couple of books for my mom. She loves to read :)

Holiday Mom
09-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Next week I start shopping...I usually wait until November, because I kinda like the crowds at the mall, but this is my first ear as a single mom and I want to make sure I spread the money around a little so it doesn't hit me so hard.

Christmasplease
09-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Next week I start shopping...I usually wait until November, because I kinda like the crowds at the mall, but this is my first ear as a single mom and I want to make sure I spread the money around a little so it doesn't hit me so hard.

Good Luck Holiday Mom. The first year is a little tuff but it get's easier. Take it from me.:waving:

tinkerbell2
09-11-2009, 04:36 AM

Hi:waving:

i hope you enjoy your christmas shopping!!!:santa-smiley:

olga
09-11-2009, 06:14 AM
I just bought the first presents of the year, a couple of books for my mom. She loves to read :)

Hello!! Did yo put them under the tree?? :yahoo:

(Im joking!)

GingerbreadGirl
09-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Hello!! Did yo put them under the tree?? :yahoo:

(Im joking!)

Haha! I'm tempted to put them under the indoor palm tree in our living room:santahat:

olga
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Haha! I'm tempted to put them under the indoor palm tree in our living room:santahat:

:gelf::gelf::gelf:

Really, when do you start decorating???

GingerbreadGirl
09-11-2009, 11:05 AM
:gelf::gelf::gelf:

Really, when do you start decorating???

Around the end of November.. But I'd do it a lot earlier if my mother would let me. :dizzy:

Christmasplease
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I really, really, really want to start shopping. I guess I can start with gifts that aren't for my kids. I should start making my list. I'm getting so excited!:dance:

tinkerbell2
09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I really, really, really want to start shopping. I guess I can start with gifts that aren't for my kids. I should start making my list. I'm getting so excited!:dance:

now calm down.....dear:dance::dance:

Christmasplease
09-11-2009, 01:33 PM
now calm down.....dear:dance::dance:

Make me!:dance:

I know I'm not dancing alone here:dance:, so someone else must be as nutty as me. Not mentioning any names!

tinkerbell2
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Make me!:dance:

I know I'm not dancing alone here:dance:, so someone else must be as nutty as me. Not mentioning any names!

was you talking to 'me':dance::dance::santa-smiley:he he

olga
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM

Go fo it!!! :gelf: :gelf: :gelf:

Christmasplease
09-11-2009, 01:45 PM
was you talking to 'me':dance::dance::santa-smiley:he he

You know it Baby!:santahat:

tinkerbell2
09-11-2009, 01:47 PM
just having me tea 'beans on toast' yummy :santa-smiley:

Christmasplease
09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
just having me tea 'beans on toast' yummy :santa-smiley:

mmmm, I love beans on toast!:santa:

olga
09-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Around the end of November.. But I'd do it a lot earlier if my mother would let me. :dizzy:

I start the first day of November!! :gelf::gelf::gelf::gelf:

And Im not listening to anyone!! :candycane1::candycane1:

tinkerbell2
09-11-2009, 02:00 PM
mmmm, I love beans on toast!:santa:

actually dont want to sound funny but i wondered if you had beans!! that we have

:santa-smiley:!!!

i know its funny..!!:santa-smiley:

Christmasplease
09-11-2009, 02:02 PM
:D
actually dont want to sound funny but i wondered if you had beans!! that we have

:santa-smiley:!!!

i know its funny..!!:santa-smiley:

I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you!

tinkerbell2
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
:D

I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you!

ooohh your so kind!!!:santa-smiley::santa-smiley:

tinkerbell2
09-12-2009, 07:05 AM
i will start shopping in october/november cause i like the mad panic if i haven't

got anything!!!:santa-smiley:

Kittyskyfish
09-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Today I officially purchased my FIRST Christmas prezzie! The season begins....yay!!

Was at TJMaxx tonight and saw a large 12" x 15" Spode Christmas Tree scalloped dish - something my mom really needs. She collects the series and lacks a good serving piece. And it's 80% off! :yahoo:

Christmasplease
09-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Well, I just bought socks and pj's. I buy the little things to wrap. Stuff they need. But I have officially started.:santa:

tinkerbell2
09-13-2009, 05:55 AM
Today I officially purchased my FIRST Christmas prezzie! The season begins....yay!!

Was at TJMaxx tonight and saw a large 12" x 15" Spode Christmas Tree scalloped dish - something my mom really needs. She collects the series and lacks a good serving piece. And it's 80% off! :yahoo:

excellent bargain!!!!!!....:santa1:

but i haven't started yet!

kimmy
09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
i have officially already started shopping, i love the shopping part off christmas :candycane1:

i hopefully will be finished by the first week in november :singing:

ikey2
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
i have officially already started shopping, i love the shopping part off christmas :candycane1:

i hopefully will be finished by the first week in november :singing:

So how's has the start gone for you? ALso what deals have you gotten on the stuff you looked for?

kimmy
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
its been brilliant i managed to get a few bargains, my son has seen a iteddy which he liked the look of.
i had a look online and found it on tesco, for £49.97
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-9808.aspx.
i went into a local shop called b&m and they were selling it for £19.99. i also picked up some high school musical dolls for £3.99 and amazon are selling the exact one for £15.00 and ebay for £11.98, so i grab a few:singing:. good for cousins and nieces

i spent £100 and got a trolley full of brand new bargains. just got to find places to hide them :dizzy: lol

tinkerbell2
09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
its been brilliant i managed to get a few bargains, my son has seen a iteddy which he liked the look of.
i went into a local shop called b&m and they were selling it for £19.99. i also picked up some high school musical dolls for £3.99 and amazon are selling the exact one for £15.00 and ebay for £11.98, so i grab a few:singing:. good for cousins and nieces

i spent £100 and got a trolley full of brand new bargains. just got to find places to hide them :dizzy: lol

you have been busy!!! kimmy:santa-smiley:

ikey2
09-17-2009, 11:12 AM

WOW, great bargins.. The Iteddy looks really neat.

kimmy
09-17-2009, 11:39 AM
yes i think i think it looks really good, i was thinking it would be good for long trips in the car, keep the little man entertained

your meant to be able to put the childs favourite tv programmes on the memory car like roary the racing car and stuff.
im looking forward to having a look at christmas, as parents its what we have to do lol, test the toys first:santahat:

ikey2
09-17-2009, 11:47 AM
yes i think i think it looks really good, i was thinking it would be good for long trips in the car, keep the little man entertained

your meant to be able to put the childs favourite tv programmes on the memory car like roary the racing car and stuff.
im looking forward to having a look at christmas, as parents its what we have to do lol, test the toys first:santahat:

Yep, testing them first to make sure they work... That's great for me because i am the biggest kid i know.

AmyK
09-17-2009, 11:16 PM
I've been shopping all year, so I've got a pretty decent stash built up. I usually only have one specific trip per year for christmas presents; I tend to buy things randomly throughout the year. It seems to work out better that way. Like today I was at Fred Meyer (which has officially started putting out their Christmas decs! YAY!) and saw something my sister would LOVE, so I bought it.

Now to go back soon and browse their Christmas decor :yahoo:

Philmore
09-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I just pre-ordered a game for the kiddos that is supposed to be this year's Nintendo Wii. They have been driving me nuts about it! I keep telling them "we'll see". hahaha :jumping:

Christmasplease
09-30-2009, 04:30 PM
I bought my Son a Spiderman with a helicopter! Woo Hoo!:candycane1:

ANGWife
10-05-2009, 11:50 PM
I've only bought a few presents so far. But I have a long list of ideas.

olga
10-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Hmmm... I like buying my presents during Christmas season, but I love buying decoration things all year long... :gelf::gelf:

Christmasplease
10-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Bought my little guy the green goblin from Spiderman. He will be soooooo happy!:smitten:

tinkerbell2
10-07-2009, 05:22 AM
No presents yet but I have started with the decorations though..!!!:santa-smiley:

merky
10-09-2009, 05:29 AM
I have managed to find all my gifts in one place. fromchristmasdotcom made it simple and all the gifts arrived quickly and by secure post. The stress is off and I can sit back and look forward to Christmas.

brittd19
10-13-2009, 07:57 PM
i started shopping last month..all myco workers think i'm crazy!!! I just consider myself organized.:elf1:

ChristmasFanatic
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
We've been picking up gifts and laying away gifts since July or August. :presents1:

onemagicalchristmas
10-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I am basically done with only three gift cards to go. but if I need to I will substitute $ instead.

SnowAngel
10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
This might be an appropriate thread to announce that I'm having my first giveaway on my blog, What's in My Shopping Bag? They could make nice gifts. It started today and ends Fri, 10/23. The prizes are: an All Steel 1 Qt Saucepan with Lid from iittala, a $59 value! PLUS, you will also receive an All Steel Silicone Red Spatula, a $19 value!

http://shopperdiva.blogspot.com/2009/10/exciting-cookware-giveaway-announcement.html

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
i started shopping last month..all myco workers think i'm crazy!!! I just consider myself organized.:elf1:

I'm normally a disorganized person, but I think about Christmas most of the year. I would say you are organized about Christmas and definitely not crazy!!!

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2009, 05:32 PM
I am basically done with only three gift cards to go. but if I need to I will substitute $ instead.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Gifts/paper-shopping-bags.jpg

:home:

Golden Fairy
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I was faced with the same problem every year - more presents to buy for more people. So I just opened my own online shop. And now I manage to get all my Christmas shopping done in one evening and all from one place. It's great.

www.spottybutton.co.uk

mithun
10-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Thats really fun,

You guys have to shop for many around you.... Even for me.. three sisters, two nephews, dad, mom.... Any way i love shopping, specially for X mas and just cant wait for it.

Thank you.... :santa2:

olga
11-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey guys, last Saturday I bought my new tree, 8.5 feet.

:) Im very happy.

tinkerbell2
11-03-2009, 08:23 PM

oohhh so where's the pictures of it then...!!!

olga
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
oohhh so where's the pictures of it then...!!!

Hey Yvette, Im looking for a camera to borrow from a friend, mine is dead.
i tried yestarday to take some pics with my mobile phone, but they looked awful..

Suggest anything?

tinkerbell2
11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey Yvette, Im looking for a camera to borrow from a friend, mine is dead.
i tried yestarday to take some pics with my mobile phone, but they looked awful..

Suggest anything?

hubbie said ship it across and we will tell you what its like ......lol....

olga
11-03-2009, 08:44 PM
hubbie said ship it across and we will tell you what its like ......lol....

:) :) :)

SnowAngel
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM

Can't wait to see how you decorate it, post pics!

olga
11-04-2009, 04:25 AM
Can't wait to see how you decorate it, post pics!

Hi there!! I just took some photos with my sisters mobile phone. But I try to post them and I cant.. I think there must be a problem...

red-ona
11-06-2009, 04:14 PM
i bought only for couple kids, but soon will shop for more presents.

mithun
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi there!! I just took some photos with my sisters mobile phone. But I try to post them and I cant.. I think there must be a problem...

Good....
Thou there s no pics... i can see the beauty of the Tree... So.. nice... Hmmm.. i need to own one.. :-) :-)

olga
11-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Good....
Thou there s no pics... i can see the beauty of the Tree... So.. nice... Hmmm.. i need to own one.. :-) :-)

Come on!! :) Are you making fool of me????? :)

I just can not upload them.. I dont know.. Ill try tomorrow from another pc..

SnowAngel
11-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Come on!! :) Are you making fool of me????? :)

I just can not upload them.. I dont know.. Ill try tomorrow from another pc..

Hey there! Did you try to email the pics to yourself and then save it to the computer before uploading? That's what I usually do.

olga
11-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Hey there! Did you try to email the pics to yourself and then save it to the computer before uploading? That's what I usually do.

I managed to upload 2 photos. Look at the thread: Share your photos

onemagicalchristmas
11-07-2009, 07:05 AM
I have never been able to upload photos on this forum. hmmm wonder why?

tinkerbell2
11-07-2009, 07:06 AM
I have never been able to upload photos on this forum. hmmm wonder why?

I use photobucket and thats been ok with me...

CherryTree
11-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Have you thought of making homemade gifts for your friends and family this year? It’s not only a great way to save money, but a nice way to add that special personal touch to your gesture. I actually work with Domino Sugar and we have lots of sweet gift ideas on our holiday site including recipes for Homemade Sugar Scrub and Cookie Mix Jars at the Domino Sugar Website.

Let me know which ideas you like!

alicebacon
11-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I lov to shop cloths.
I have started my shopping, one dress for my sister and one for me.
still there are lot many things to buy

olga
11-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Most shops in Greece are decorated for Christmas, I just wanna buy everything from everywhere.. Oh God...:my lord:

tinkerbell2
11-11-2009, 03:23 AM
I have officially started my christmas shopping...:presents3:

just a few more for the 2 sons and 2 daughters...

olga
11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I started the last day of October and my Christmas list actually, never ends.. I believe yours, too.. :gelf:

However, I go shopping almost every day but its not necessary that I ll buy something...
I always love to visit different stores and get ideas for everything!!!

:merrychristmas:

derv
11-13-2009, 04:28 PM
I started shopping when Christmas ended last year. We always try to do the after Christmas sales. Then, we wait till black friday to hopefully finish up!

kam1187
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I usually start seriously shopping around late october. It depends on when people give me their christmas wish-lists. I only go out on black friday if theres something specific I need to get-otherwise I would just shop for whatever and most likely overspend!:gelf:

hazelnut
05-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I havent yet but the weather is proper grim at the mo so i have been thinking, My friend is sorting out all her sons old toys over the next few weks and as i know they will be hardly played with im gonna snatch some of it for a good price and stash away for crimbo.

I usually only 'go public' that im thinking about crimbo in about late september, an people think im nuts then as well lol.

tinkerbell2
05-08-2010, 11:51 PM
I usually start buying in september....when they all go back to school..:elf1:

hazelnut
05-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah once spetember is here the garden centre has all its crimbo stuff out so we go for a mooch.

I actually got lots of my daughter yesterday,we were at a fete and everyone had little people stuff by fisher price, she already has some that she loves (and i got for a bargin last year for christmas) and this yeah I got her the barn, the ark (no animals though) the fire station and alod of assorted people/vehicles/fencing and garden scene for £3.70! As it seems we will still be paying off last christmas this christmas I thought it was too good a bargin to pass up, especiallyas tis coudl be the last time i get away with 'big' presents being second hand.

I just need to keep my resolve so that i dont give them to her early lol

ornamentmaven
05-18-2010, 01:33 AM
I used to start in July or even earlier. I have less presents to purchase now, so I'll wait until autumn to start

MissSantaClaus
05-19-2010, 02:57 PM
I will start in October or November.

olga
05-19-2010, 04:02 PM
I find it very hard to wait until 31 of October...
Is it so bad that I miss Christmas so much??

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lghr13874+snoopy-missing-you-charles-schultzs-peanuts-mini-poster.jpg

MissSantaClaus
05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
I know its really hard. I always think about Christmas, plan and so on.

olga
05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I know its really hard. I always think about Christmas, plan and so on.

Do you like Christmas puzzles? :santa:

MissSantaClaus
05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
I never had one. But i think it could be fun :)

olga
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM
I never had one. But i think it could be fun :)

You will get one, this year, a Christmasy one..

MissSantaClaus
05-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Olga, this year you will have a little Christmas package from Germany :)

olga
05-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Olga, this year you will have a little Christmas package from Germany :)

:dance: :dance: :dance:

ornamentmaven
05-21-2010, 03:11 AM
I usually start shopping in the summer, but do the bulk of it in the fall. I like to be totally finished before Thanksgiving, so then I can concentrate on decorating, wrapping and baking!

Elf_Erv
05-25-2010, 01:20 AM
I shop year around....I always have my eyes open for that perfect gift for someone. I believe its never too early to start Christmas shopping. Things like electronics and such that have a limited time for return or exchange I buy near Christmas though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Javern/Christmas/creditcard.gif

olga
05-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah, me too.. :santa:

I usually shop online (Jan-Oct).. Then, when Christmas stores put their decs up, I go and visit stores, which I like best, of course..

So, I never stop shopping, in fact, I like wondering around Christmas sites, looking for things I definitely can not find in my country, or for future Christmas presents..

HollyJolly
05-26-2010, 05:52 AM
No matter how organized I try to be, I will be picking things up on Christmas Eve, although many of those gifts will be from me to me!

MissSantaClaus
05-27-2010, 06:26 PM
I want to start right now :D I love Christmas Shopping. But i wait until November. Ah thats really long ...

olga
05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
No matter how organized I try to be, I will be picking things up on Christmas Eve, although many of those gifts will be from me to me!

Ha!!! :smiling angel: Super cool!!!

I want to start right now :D I love Christmas Shopping. But i wait until November. Ah thats really long ...

What about online shopping?
I can not wait till November, either and shopping online is the perfect way (at least for me) to get some things (Christmasssy ones) I really want.. :elf1:

MissSantaClaus
05-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Ha!!! :smiling angel: Super cool!!!

What about online shopping?
I can not wait till November, either and shopping online is the perfect way (at least for me) to get some things (Christmasssy ones) I really want.. :elf1:

I do all things shop on-line. But i always start in November. 5 months to go ... :presents1:

HollyJolly
05-28-2010, 03:36 AM
Well all of you who start your Christmas shopping earlier must be extremely organized! If I buy something that I won't need for a while, I have a tendency to misplace or forget about it...at least until after the fact! I guess out of sight, out of mind! :dizzy:

MissSantaClaus
06-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Ca 4 1/2 months then i will start shopping : )

SilverBells
06-16-2010, 10:44 PM
I usually wait 'till November:elf3: but this year I'm already browsing thru some Christmas sales.:elf1:We'll see.:rudolph:

Hutton
06-17-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm starting christmas shopping in July/August. Usually I wait till Novemember but with the way money is at the moment i need to spread out costs. I REFUSE to spend less :elf3:

Merry Christmas Darling
06-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Walmart had clear glass, star-shaped tealight holders and I bought all they had. I'll keep some and give some to my mother for Christmas. I'll probably buy her a German Christmas ornament, too. She likes anything made in Germany.

HollyJolly
06-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Walmart had clear glass, star-shaped tealight holders and I bought all they had. I'll keep some and give some to my mother for Christmas. I'll probably buy her a German Christmas ornament, too. She likes anything made in Germany.

You sound like me! When I find something I really like (especially at a good price), I will buy in bulk! Then I have great small gifts that can be used as last minute gifts or to give when I have several people I want to acknowledge, but can't be too extravagant! :presents3:

SilverBells
06-17-2010, 11:05 PM
I usually wait 'till November:elf3: but this year I'm already browsing thru some Christmas sales.:elf1:We'll see.:rudolph:

And I found a Christmas shower curtain I gotta have!!!:dizzy:

Merry Christmas Darling
06-18-2010, 08:21 AM
You sound like me! When I find something I really like (especially at a good price), I will buy in bulk! Then I have great small gifts that can be used as last minute gifts or to give when I have several people I want to acknowledge, but can't be too extravagant! :presents3:

Our parents were never extravagant at Christmas, so my husband and I aren't either. Besides, my mother gets angry if she thinks we spent too much for her gift. Today we went to a shop called Himmel Haus and I bought my mother a doily made in Germany. It's machine embroidered with a yellow flower and a red ladybug.

Caninemom3
06-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Haven't actually started yet......but soon I hope !!

MissSantaClaus
06-18-2010, 02:28 PM
I have to wait 4 1/2 months .. ahhh ...

olga
06-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Shop online just things (Christmas ones) for me... cds/puzzles/dvds/books...

olga
06-18-2010, 04:05 PM
And I found a Christmas shower curtain I gotta have!!!:dizzy:

I just love curtains with a Christmas theme!!
I could never find such thing in our country and last year, I got my first curtain, a Christmas one with reindeers on.. :santa:
Can you find a Christmas curtain, here???:confused:

ornamentmaven
06-19-2010, 01:33 AM
No not yet. Usually start with my Hallmark ornaments in July!

Xmaslove
06-28-2010, 11:17 AM
I never stop shopping :elf1: I just keep notice of what I hear with reagrds what my friends and family like and I buy it whenever I see it on sale. Actually, I buy a lot of Christmas stuff right after Christmas - for the next year. it saves me tons of money :elf1:

SilverBells
06-28-2010, 02:24 PM
I just love curtains with a Christmas theme!!
I could never find such thing in our country and last year, I got my first curtain, a Christmas one with reindeers on.. :santa:
Can you find a Christmas curtain, here???:confused:

Of course not Olga. We've got ways to go, still, in the home decor in our country. I ordered the curtain (the cutest with gingerbread men and Christmas trees, that matches my bathroom's tiles perfectly)from bed&bath. It was only $16.99:dizzy:. I had it shipped to my sister in Wisconsin for only $6.99. To send it over to Greece they wanted totally 78 euros:waving:. My sister sends stuff to my kids all the time so she can send that too for way less.:elf3:

SilverBells
06-28-2010, 02:34 PM
I never stop shopping :elf1: I just keep notice of what I hear with reagrds what my friends and family like and I buy it whenever I see it on sale. Actually, I buy a lot of Christmas stuff right after Christmas - for the next year. it saves me tons of money :elf1:

Hi

I used to work at a Walgreen's and I had 15%off added to the 70%off we had after Christmas. I would buy Christmas stuff for nothing:yahoo: Unfortunately in Greece they save this year's Christmas stuff for next year so no big sales after Christmas.:sad elf:

And one last thing::welcome::welcome::welcome:

olga
06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Of course not Olga. We've got ways to go, still, in the home decor in our country. I ordered the curtain (the cutest with gingerbread men and Christmas trees, that matches my bathroom's tiles perfectly)from bed&bath. It was only $16.99:dizzy:. I had it shipped to my sister in Wisconsin for only $6.99. To send it over to Greece they wanted totally 78 euros:waving:. My sister sends stuff to my kids all the time so she can send that too for way less.:elf3:

Oh, Gosh.. You mean the shipping would cost you that much??
Youre lucky you have your sister there.. (but, unlucky of course, you do not have her with you.. I have a sister and I know what it is like to be away from her..) :santa:
Well, I usually make my online shopping from UK, as, shipping is cheaper.. :presents2:
Im looking forward to your curtain photo, Ill post mine too, when I decorate, of course.. :elf1:

kam1187
07-16-2010, 05:15 AM
In a previous post, I shared that I would be doing stockings this year for my siblings. I have been keeping an eye out on ebay and in stores and have so far bought some bath and body works and my sisters' favorite mascara!

MissSantaClaus
07-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Guess what? I cant wait for Christmas shopping ahhhh. I must be strong : D Only 3 1/2 months to go.

SilverBells
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I've already started :presents3:

Camby
07-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Just starting to plan now as it's my son's first Christmas. Money is a bit tight this year so i'll be off out early to get some bargins before the prices go up for the Christmas shoppers.

ornamentmaven
07-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Usually start by now, but haven't seen anything that strikes my fancy

SilverBells
07-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Usually start by now, but haven't seen anything that strikes my fancy

I have but I have to take it easy. I started early this year and I haven't saved the money I need for everything. I don't use credit cards. And I love knowing that a couple of things I've already purchased are Christmas presents for loved ones. :presents3:

JessLynn
07-23-2010, 06:48 AM
I shop for Christmas all year round. For me it's about finding the perfect gift for someone and when I find it, I buy it.

So far I've finished four people on my list :)

SilverBells
07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I shop for Christmas all year round. For me it's about finding the perfect gift for someone and when I find it, I buy it.

Not bad. I'm still down to two.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

olga
07-23-2010, 06:37 PM

I feel exactly the same.
Not particular time for shopping Christmas, just shop when I I find what I am looking for!! When I find it, ITS MINE!!!
(just like the following smiley ..)

:tree1:

stephmcuk
08-03-2010, 08:41 PM
i have a few small gifts for my kids...no one elses gift tho....my pressie buying goes into hyper drive in september.....I always say once september arrives its christmas in an eye blink.....am not complaining tho i love it.

SilverBells
08-04-2010, 12:29 AM
.....I always say once september arrives its christmas in an eye blink.....am not complaining tho i love it.

That's exactly how I feel. :santa1:

olga
08-04-2010, 04:41 AM
That's exactly how I feel. :santa1:

Love September, too, for me, its the month with the last details, before start decorating... :elf1: :elf1:

SilverBells
08-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Love September, too, for me, its the month with the last details, before start decorating... :elf1: :elf1:

Yep! :elf3:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I start shopping in two months. Yay. Is anyone done with shopping ?

SilverBells
09-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Not me. I've bought 2 Christmas presents so far.:elf3: But my husband really suprised me the other day when he told me that he has already purchased a Christmas gift for me.:yahoo: He is a last minute shopper usually.:elf1:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh!I forgot to mention that I have a 12year old brother and a sister who is 20...

Have you ever bought a personalized gift ?

NCD
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I bought some lovely mini hot water bottles yesterday. The are in a white knitted cover with pretty red hearts and ribbon on.
:presents2:
Thought they would be good grandmas and class teachers. Only £3.50 each so a bargain!

NCD
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
AM trying to put a picture of the hot watr bottle on fingers crossed it works!

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Looks great :)

louisastreater
09-07-2010, 02:45 AM
well i haven't any idea what to buy for my mom this year. :(

SilverBells
09-07-2010, 04:13 AM
well i haven't any idea what to buy for my mom this year. :(

A beauty salon treatment? :presents2:

ChristmasToys
09-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I have started to look for ideas, but I haven't bought anything yet.

truck camper
09-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Hello to all, I was browsing the net and found a great gift idea. My kids would love these.
Check out google acfloats.

ChantelleJoy
09-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Hey everyone, I noticed we've got two Threads going about the same thing.

Closing this one down, head on over to Anybody started their Shopping Yet? (http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1264)