PDA

View Full Version : What do you love most about christmas?

Treefairy
03-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Hello All,

Christmas always gives me a warm gooey feeling. I love the excitement it creates, the early stock of christmas items in the shops,the movies and the good will which radiates this time of year.

I love the decorations in the department stores, hot chocolate, snow, smells of spice and brussel sproats.

What do you love most about christmas.:christmastree:

ornamentmaven
03-25-2010, 10:17 AM
LOL I love brussell sprouts too, but we never have them at Christmas!

I AGREE WItH YOU THAT cHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT FEELINGS

Janet
04-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I love most is the festive atmosphere of Christmas .

olga
04-13-2010, 05:11 PM

:welcome: Janet !!

Well, I agree, the festive atmosphere of Christmas is simply the best!!
Isnt it what we all love most??? :elf1:

:merrychristmas:

Caninemom3
04-18-2010, 08:42 AM
I love the Carols, the tree, the glow of Christmas Eve, again as a previous poster has said, the very feeling of Christmas is what I love plus being with my sister.........

:santa1:

kam1187
05-08-2010, 07:56 AM
The warm excited feeling you get, the lights, the smells, getting together with family and friends, the snow, shopping and wrapping presents, finding the perfect tree, decorating the tree and the entire house :) I just love EVERYTHING about christmas!!!:christmastree:

Elf_Erv
05-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Christmas allows me to stay connected to my childhood, Christmas was such a wonderful time, helping mom bake, the tv shows, snow, how a big deal it was to take my $15 or $20 I had saved up from my allowance and go Christmas shopping. Locking myself in my room and wrapping the presents. Christmas eve we spent with one side of the family and Christmas day with the other side. Christmas season is such a warm and wonderful time of the year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Javern/Christmas/lighttangle.gif

olga
05-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Christmas always used to take me back to my childhood and still does, probably, in a much stronger way, now, that Ive grown up and made my own home..

As years go by, I realise that my parents become like children, (want all presents of the world just for them, always eat everything on Christmas table, sing Carols, visit every Christmas store in town....)
As years go by, I love to give presents much more than to receive, especially to my lovely parents or my relatives...
It really touches my heart, see my folks happy, with their hands full of presents, singing all together Christmas songs...
I wish we could all be like that, for ever..

Just wanted to share with you...

SilverBells
06-21-2010, 03:27 AM
[QUOTE=Treefairy

Christmas always gives me a warm gooey feeling. I love the excitement it creates, the early stock of christmas items in the shops,the movies and the good will which radiates this time of year.

I love the decorations in the department stores, hot chocolate, snow, smells of spice and brussel sproats.

I couldn't have said it better...:merrychristmas:

Elvira1986
06-21-2010, 07:00 AM
I love that special glow that surrounds it. I love being with the ones I love and I love giving and receiving presents. Not because of the materialistic aspect, but because it really feels nice that someone made the effort to get you something you like. And I like making that effort for others. I just love the warmness thats in my heart around the holidays.

stephmcuk
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM

yep i agree...its everything....just the atomosphere of the whole season :presents3:

SilverBells
08-04-2010, 12:26 AM
I love that special glow that surrounds it. I love being with the ones I love and I love giving and receiving presents. Not because of the materialistic aspect, but because it really feels nice that someone made the effort to get you something you like. And I like making that effort for others. I just love the warmness thats in my heart around the holidays.

Beautifully said.:elf3:

olga
08-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Christmas makes me feel like a kid again.. Thats what I love most, thats what I miss most..
Playing games, help granma bake cookies, cheating my Christmas presents, visit stores and buy EVERYTHING,
All these take me back to being a kid myself... :rolleyes:

I totally love to act like a kid, maybe, I still am.. :smiling angel:

devoy26
08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Hello All,

What do you love most about christmas.:christmastree:

hi

i love pretty much the same things. i love putting up the christmas decorations, while listening to music and sitting down when its all done and enjoying the spirit of christmas.:christmastree:

SilverBells
08-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Deep down I love the potential of goodness and happiness that the magic of Christmas brings. We celebrate something very important that day, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ :my lord: that was and is such a great gift to mankind. So for me, I keep that in my heart and dress it up nicely with all the commercialized stuff which I thorougly enjoy and don't feel guilty about 'cause I know what it is all about. A great party to celebrate the greatest gift of all.:merrychristmas:

Elvira1986
08-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Deep down I love the potential of goodness and happiness that the magic of Christmas brings. We celebrate something very important that day, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ :my lord: that was and is such a great gift to mankind. So for me, I keep that in my heart and dress it up nicely with all the commercialized stuff which I thorougly enjoy and don't feel guilty about 'cause I know what it is all about. A great party to celebrate the greatest gift of all.:merrychristmas:

Altough I'm not really religious myself I thought this was a beautiful post. I really adore the first sentence. I think no mather what your beliefs in life and Christmas are, we al want that goodness and happiness at Christmas and on all the other days of the year.

SilverBells
08-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Altough I'm not really religious myself I thought this was a beautiful post. I really adore the first sentence. I think no mather what your beliefs in life and Christmas are, we al want that goodness and happiness at Christmas and on all the other days of the year.

Thank you Elvira1986, I appreciate your response to my post. Take care :elf3:.

christmasislove
06-22-2011, 08:24 PM
I always love riding around with my family looking at Christmas lights, time with my family, & just the Christmas spirit. I also love going to all the stores and seeing all the decorations & of course Santa!!!:santa2:

ornamentmaven
06-28-2011, 08:45 AM
I think the traditions we develop are the most important thing. I love passing along the traditions I experienced as a child to my own kids, nieces and nephews and now my young grand-niece. The sweets we bake, the decorations we put up, our dinner menu, our Christmas Eve rituals, carolling, breakfast with Santa, the movies we watch, are all so special and often unique to each family!

SammieDsMom
06-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Christmas always used to take me back to my childhood and still does, probably, in a much stronger way, now, that Ive grown up and made my own home..

As years go by, I realise that my parents become like children, (want all presents of the world just for them, always eat everything on Christmas table, sing Carols, visit every Christmas store in town....)
As years go by, I love to give presents much more than to receive, especially to my lovely parents or my relatives...
It really touches my heart, see my folks happy, with their hands full of presents, singing all together Christmas songs...
I wish we could all be like that, for ever..

Just wanted to share with you...

How very ture...:rudolph:

stephmcuk
08-28-2011, 09:09 PM
I was also thinking for me and my family we have had alot of ups and downs and at christmas everyone just makes so much effort to get along and reconnect....this year hasnt been that bad but in the past christmas has helped us alot!

omgitzdestineex
09-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Seeing everybody get into the Christmas
spirit is what I love the most. & when
I think of all of the Christmas spirit,
it warms my heart & puts the biggest smile
across my face. So that is definitely my
most favorite part of the holiday.

I also love seeing everybody's Christmas
decorations & all of the Christmas stuff
they put in stores.

:snowman:

MinnesotaMike
09-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Family, love, warmth, faith.

baumgar
11-09-2011, 02:40 AM
Holidays!

Merry Christmas Darling
11-09-2011, 07:05 AM

I agree. And I love giving gifts.

snowcrystal
11-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Hello,

YES, Christmas is all about the feeling and the unity one feel. It is so wonderful with that warmth that Christmas is.

The Warmth of Christmas,

Cate

MinnesotaMike
11-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Family, love, warmth, faith.

I love being right. :tree:

SilverBells
11-09-2011, 03:23 PM
I agree. And I love giving gifts.

Me too :elf3::giftpeek:

snowcrystal
11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey,

Seems like we all think alike!

Christmas Warmth,

Cate

ornamentmaven
11-10-2011, 11:59 PM
It is impossible to pick mne specific "thing"! What I love most is the feelings I get at Christmas time: anticipation, love, charity, warmth!

jessicayy
11-23-2011, 04:33 PM
i love the happy atmosphere,all the nice songs and music and there are so many people here and there in the street and supermarket....
also all of my friends come to get together...:merrychristmas:

Mistletoe
11-24-2011, 11:24 AM
How the dark is lit with happy, cheerful lights. The nostalgia. Big, warm family get togethers. The anticipation of Santa coming. Knowing there are other people that feel the spirit like I do (because I don't see it too often out in the world). Thanks guys.

drummerj12001
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
lights, family and music

MinnesotaMike
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
"Nostalgia" is another word that comes to mind.

Stacey.
11-29-2011, 04:36 AM
All the decorations. <3

Jake
12-11-2011, 04:04 AM
bringing the family together!

Classic Christmas
12-11-2011, 04:47 AM
lights, family and music

Pretty much sums it up for me, also.

CATZILLA
12-13-2011, 02:01 AM
The excitement of kids awaiting Sanata, Christmas cookies, lights, the fragrance of a real tree and the annual TSO concert :home:

mina553
12-13-2011, 02:06 AM
the shopping the gift giving the lights & decorating

no_1_christmas_fan
12-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Opening my presents, having the Christmas lunch - but I love everything about it!

Vesloles
02-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I agree, it does sound a bit like a 'quick fix' solution.Surely you can never be 100% absolutely certain that something won't go wrong.

Xmas24
11-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Agree with the OP, much the same as whats been previously said..

If i had to pick one thing that makes me enjoy xmas so much, is spending it with family and friends. The adrenalin, the cold weather and television are fantastic around xmas also.

Elf_Erv
11-10-2012, 03:31 PM
eggnog

HolidaySeason
11-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Everything. Being with family, giving each other gifts, decorating, music, food, games, films and everything else that makes Christmas the most special time of year. Love it. :)

aLEKSA.
12-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Everything, be with my family, food, movies, all. Christmas spirit!

Falksonchristmas
12-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Everything! The feeling that comes when i start to make the display in late august, then the joy of to be with my family and dear friends.
All the smells that belongs to christmas, hyacinths, cinnamon, oranges and Christmas tree.

Papa_Christmas
12-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Everything the sights, the sounds,the smells, being with family and friends.The pleasantness that seems to over take people at this time of year.I think Dickens probably said it best.

"I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time:
a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely,
and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys."

jessicayy
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Snow. I love snow very much. If Christmas arrives without snow, I would be very disappointed.

frostythesnowman
04-26-2013, 06:18 PM
love the build up to christmas,seeing the kids faces on christmas morning...but most of all having the whole family around for christmas dinner....:merrychristmas: