PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for glühwein

Elvira1986
12-18-2009, 05:02 PM
I love homemade glühwein in the winter(while I dislike the prebottled kind) so I thought I would share the recipe of this warm whine.

For 4 people

1 bottle of red whine
1 cinnamon stick
2 cloves
sugar(as much as you like)
1 orange(separated in parts)

Pour the red whine into a pan, add the cinamon, cloves, and the parts of the orange with the whine. Warm the whine up and if it is warm(never let it cook) just leave it on the fire for 15-30 minutes. After that get it off the fire and pour it through a sieve. Then you add the sugar(you can choose how much you add I use about 1,5 spoon in total for 4 people.)

If you like it, you can also add some anise and a little lemon to the mix(at the same time you add the other ingredients.)

JollyElfDC
12-18-2009, 10:22 PM
I didn't realize it was that easy. I bought some of the prebottled kind and had it with a neighbor. We both thought it was just okay, and only had one glass each. I will be giving your recipie a try for sure. Thanks for posting.

Elvira1986
12-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Glad it comes in handy! I always thought it was more difficult too, but a friend showed me the recipe a few years ago when I complained about the bottled kind. I like it this way much better.

One additional tip: Make sure to use a red whine you like drinking cold and one that is not too dry.

I'm going to make my first glühwein of the year this afternoon:dance:.

tinkerbell2
12-19-2009, 04:25 AM
I love homemade glühwein in the winter(while I dislike the prebottled kind) so I thought I would share the recipe of this warm whine.

For 4 people

1 bottle of red whine
1 cinnamon stick
2 cloves
sugar(as much as you like)
1 orange(separated in parts)

Pour the red whine into a pan, add the cinamon, cloves, and the parts of the orange with the whine. Warm the whine up and if it is warm(never let it cook) just leave it on the fire for 15-30 minutes. After that get it off the fire and pour it through a sieve. Then you add the sugar(you can choose how much you add I use about 1,5 spoon in total for 4 people.)

If you like it, you can also add some anise and a little lemon to the mix(at the same time you add the other ingredients.)

Think I will give it a try but not sure when though...:elf1: sounds delish.!!

olga
12-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Thanks Elvira for sharing, it seems so easy, Im definitely gonna give it a try on Christmas Eve, and drink with my family.

:merrychristmas:

SnowAngel
12-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Yum, that sounds so good to have on a cold, snowy day!

JollyElfDC
11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
There is a Christmas drink thread going on. Some people have asked about Mulled Wine, so I'm going to bump this up.:tree:

SilverBells
11-15-2011, 04:12 PM
There is a Christmas drink thread going on. Some people have asked about Mulled Wine, so I'm going to bump this up.:tree:

Good idea :elf3:

Thanks for sharing Elvira :xmaswink:

francy
12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Wow! Christmas recipes is very beautiful and cake is taste with many grand function in Christmas there is a Christmas drinks thread going on. So all people like in the Christmas with good Friday.