PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Songs

bobbibrowneyes
10-09-2007, 12:15 AM
WHat is your favorite CHristmas song?

Mine is the Little Drummer Boy. I even have it as a ringtone on my cellphone!

cromagx
10-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Mine is "Last Christmas", but according to the poll on this page, it seems like people love "White christmas".

But "Little drummer boy" is also great!. :p

Oliver
10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
I find this a hard question, Theres that many that I enjoy.

One of my favourites though is:
Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin Stevens.

Best Wishes
Oliver

canadianrover
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Mine is The Christmas Song (sung by Nat King Cole). But I also love Silent Night and Band Aid, (Feed the World).

Oliver
10-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Band Aids song is very very good aswell.

Oliver

Noel
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Although I'm french, I really do love christmas carols in english , especially Nat King Cole 's christmas song, but also "You don't have to be a santa claus" and "ring those christmas bells". Here in France, we are just beginning to see christmas decorations in the shops, what about in your countries ?

saraht2712
10-18-2007, 01:19 PM
i always feel in the christmas spirit after that first play of merry christmas everyone by slade, it makes me wanna dance around in a santa hat haha!! ive heard it already this year and as soon as december comes its going to be my ringtone, i also like last christmas and band aid

saraht2712
10-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Although I'm french, I really do love christmas carols in english , especially Nat King Cole 's christmas song, but also "You don't have to be a santa claus" and "ring those christmas bells". Here in France, we are just beginning to see christmas decorations in the shops, what about in your countries ?
i am a student and work in a supemarket part time and we started selling christmas things a few weeks ago. it makes me in the mood for christmas!!

rockmysox
10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
I love all christmas music. I never tire of it, unless its in the middle of the summer. But, my favorite would have to be Hansons Snowed In CD. I love the song At Christmas

I also have this cd where its all kids singing christmas songs.

bobbibrowneyes
10-19-2007, 01:58 AM

store in the USA started putting out Christmas items weeks ago. But the best is yet to come.

katarinadawn
11-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Has anyone ever heard of Mike Humrichouse's A Little Christmas Music?
It's an instrumental saxophone cd, but I love What Child is This and O Come O Come Emmanuel. It's a toss up between the two. I think because they both give me the cozy, sweater-wearing, hotcocoa sipping feelings I want to have during the season, you know?

xmastalent
11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Did not know him, but found some reviews here http://www.groupietunes.com/artists/mikehumrichouse

Really great. I think i like What Child is This best

inessa
11-04-2007, 05:16 PM
There are words to Carols all over the web, but I was looking to Christmas Cards that had traditional Carols in it.... kind of like a combination Card/Carol/Gift. I must have checked about 50 sites and I couldn't find anything, anywhere. I really believe people are losing the old Traditions and singing Carols is one of them. There's no way you can sing Christmas Carols at a party, because only about 2 people know the words .... and getting 20 people to crowd around a computer monitor will never happen.

So I made one myself. If anybody is interested it is described on my bloggy thing here:
http://www.younicycle.com/web/giftmakers/uniquegifts/index.html
I'm selling it on etsy here: http://inessa.etsy.com

cmrobert
11-04-2007, 06:40 PM
oh my gosh i am obsessed with christmas music I've been playing it since before Halloween and I'm pretty sure it's driving my boyfriend crazy. I'm listening to away in a manger right now. But I really love Silent Night and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Any Christmas songs Nat King Cole sings or Michael Buble too though :)

PumpkinJack81
11-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Oooh, this is a tough one, like many of you I LOVE Christmas music... I'll just list my top 5 faves (in no particular order):

1) Carol of the Bells
2) Silent Night
3) Silver Bells
4) Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
5) Winter Wonderland

oct2667us
11-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Mine is all I want for Christmas is you.: singing :

mj2freak
11-12-2007, 01:59 AM
lemme see...i would say plenty..

but my favorites are

1.Oh Holy Night
2.Silent Night
3.Silver Bells
4.Away in a Manger
5.The Little drummer boy
6.The First Noel
7.What child is this
8.Christmas time(Backstreet boys , Bryan Adams)
9.Blue Christmas

PumpkinJack81
11-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Good song choices mj2freak! :waving:

xanadude
11-12-2007, 03:20 AM
I just picked up Olivia Newton-John's new Christmas CD (Christmas Wish) and can't get two of the (original) songs out of my head!

Every Time it Snows is a duet with Jon Secada and is absolutely GORGEOUS!
and Christmas on My Radio is a retro-sounding rompy fun song.

Overall the whole CD is fantastic. Very lush arrangements and Olivia's gorgeous breathy voice. She chose some great classics that not everyone else and their sister record on their Christmas CDs (and she does them WELL!)

Great guest singers too! Also Barry Manilow, Michael McDonald and Jim Brickman!

Check it out! (Oh, it's only at Target stores)

PumpkinJack81
11-12-2007, 03:29 AM
I just picked up Olivia Newton-John's new Christmas CD (Christmas Wish) and can't get two of the (original) songs out of my head!

Every Time it Snows is a duet with Jon Secada and is absolutely GORGEOUS!
and Christmas on My Radio is a retro-sounding rompy fun song.

Overall the whole CD is fantastic. Very lush arrangements and Olivia's gorgeous breathy voice. She chose some great classics that not everyone else and their sister record on their Christmas CDs (and she does them WELL!)

Great guest singers too! Also Barry Manilow, Michael McDonald and Jim Brickman!

Check it out! (Oh, it's only at Target stores)

Thanks for sharing xanadude, and welcome to the forums! :waving: Sounds like a CD I need to pick up my dad for Christmas - he's an Olivia fan too.

McDLT
11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
My all-time favourite Christmas song/carol is God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I really love the minor key and it's the song that is mentioned in Dickens' A Christmas Carol. :tree:

christmas-goth-fairy
11-15-2007, 03:59 AM
christmas vacation by mavis staples and fairytale of new york by the pogues.

UrbanXMas
11-27-2007, 10:37 PM
I like "Winter Wonderland."

davetheeditor
12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
My new favorite Christmas song is "This is the Best Christmas." Good new Christmas songs are rare!!! White Christmas is over 60 years old. Merry Christmas Darling - 35 years!!! When you hear "This is the Best Christmas" you'll think you've heard it before. And there is a place where you can vote for the singers you want to sing the song. This tune is really great. I'm emailing all my friends. It's like I discovered White Christmas. Check it out at http://www.myspace.com/kathidave

Happy Holidays

karanmi
03-01-2008, 09:07 PM
My Favorite Secular song is O Holy NIght .

As far as the traditional songs My favorite was one that was done years ago by Sonny James. It was called Barefoot Santa Claus. It is just the neatest and bounciest song. I have only found it once on the web and the site did not open this year.

Another cute unknown is called Percy the Puny Poinsettia. Another god one but not well known.

hazelnut
08-16-2008, 06:28 AM
i dont think i have one favourite but crimbo is not complete without
slade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niIJ9Yb-xwQ
and wizzard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aytBy-rqO0&feature=related

all my christmasses since birth have been acompanied by these cheesy tunes. i lvoe it when the christmas music starts in my shop!!

MerryChristmas2You
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
I probably have 3.
Little Drummer Boy - Harry Simeone Chorale
White Christmas - Bing Crosby
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

All can be heard at my youtube page btw : http://www.youtube.com/MerryChristmas2You
if you go to my youtube page you can also click on Playlists at the top of the page, then scroll down and watch "It's a Wonderful Life", starring Jimmy Stewart.

hallowthanksmas
09-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Silver Bells.

yuletide
09-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Silent Night is one of my favourites.

GingerbreadGirl
09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I have so many favorites, too many to mention. Last Christmas by Wham, Spotlight on Christmas by Rufus Wainwright and White Christmas are just some of them. My favorite Christmas album is Noel by Josh Groban, I simply love every song that's on there. Thankful is absolutly beautiful!:singing:

Wolfshead
10-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I've got far too many to narrow down to just one, so I'm gonna be lame and do a top ten (which is gonna be hard enough!).

In no order...

Steeleye Span - 'Gaudete'
Wham! - 'Last Christmas'
Jethro Tull - 'Ring Out Solstice Bells'
Greg Lake - 'I Beleive in Father Christmas'
Blackmore's Night - 'Christmas Eve'
Bing Crosby and David Bowie - 'Peace on Earth / Little Drummer Boy'
The Waitresses - 'Christmas Wrapping'
Mariah Carey - 'All I Want for Christmas is You'
Mediaeval Baebes - 'In Dulce Jubilo'
City of London Sinfonia - 'Adam Lay Ybounden'

Ask me this again tomorrow and chances are it'd be different. I love far too many to choose a final top ten.

henryjamez
10-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I Beleive in Father Christmas
Silver Bells

PumpkinJack81
10-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Oooh, this is a tough one, like many of you I LOVE Christmas music... I'll just list my top 5 faves (in no particular order):

1) Carol of the Bells
2) Silent Night
3) Silver Bells
4) Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
5) Winter Wonderland

So my list from last year has already changed this year and it's only October! Here are my top 5 faves, still in no particular order, for 2008:
1) Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
2) Here Comes Santa Claus
3) Let Is Snow!
4) Silver Bells
5) Sleigh Ride

Sean
10-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I think im gonna go with pumpkin jacks list! :carols:

PumpkinJack81
10-25-2008, 02:16 AM
I think im gonna go with pumpkin jacks list! :carols:

Well thank you! :singing:

ladyice
10-25-2008, 03:37 AM
1 Greensleeves
2 Marilyn Monroe - Santa Baby
3 Jingle Bells - Jim Neighbors
4 Andy Williams - Happy Holidays
5 Ray Coniff Singers - Jolly Old St Nicholas

onemagicalchristmas
10-25-2008, 08:20 PM
:dizzy:you know I also like the snoopy song ! About the ww and the red barren and snoopy! It is a close favorite along with Feliz Navidad!

ladyice
10-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I almost posted that in my list! I have that one and the skating song :)

PumpkinJack81
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I think I should have made my list a top 10! :santahat: I'll come back and make changes later though... :carols:

onemagicalchristmas
11-21-2008, 12:03 AM
My top 5 for this year.

1 New Again Brad Paisley and Sara Evans
2 Soldiers Silent Night
3 Snoopy's Christmas
4 My Name is CHristmas Carole
5 Mary did you Know?

just love hearing the music it speaks volumes!

steph535
11-21-2008, 04:51 AM
oh man! this is a totally unfair question, lol since I have had a major obsession with Chrstmas music all my life. I have a lot more Christmas records and cd's than all my other music combined. (yes, I still have records) Here are some of my favorites; the order can change on any given day: "The Sleighing Song" by Ivan Rebroff, "Still Still Still" by Erich Kunz and the Vienna Choir Boys, "Gaudete" by the King's Singers (I just heard it this week by Steeleye (?) that one of you posted as your favorite and they are excellent, too), "Riu Riu Chiu" which is very lively, by any number of musicians and singers, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", "O Holy Night", "All My Heart" by Alfred Deller and the Deller Consort, "O Come, O Come Emmanual", "O Little Town of Bethlehem" and there are SO many more. Two new favorites that I just heard last year for the first time are "King Jesus Hath a Garden" and "What is this Lovely Fragrance?" both on a cd called "Candlelight Carols" sung by the Choir of Trinity Church. As I am typing these songs, more and more come to mind. It would have been so much easier if the question had been "What Christmas song DON'T you like?" lol, 'cause then it would have been easy. thanks for reading my ramblings. A lot of the ones I love have been out of print for many many years, but some you can still find online. and just about any Christmas music sung by an acapella group, Chanticleer, is extraordinary.

hazelnut
11-21-2008, 12:16 PM
ooh yeah wolfshead Last chirstmas is an absolute classic!

The Killers have done 2 chrismas songs for the past 2 years and are bringing out anther one this year, i think their aim is to do enough for a whole album.

PumpkinJack81
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
ooh yeah wolfshead Last chirstmas is an absolute classic!

The Killers have done 2 chrismas songs for the past 2 years and are bringing out anther one this year, i think their aim is to do enough for a whole album.

I'd love The Killers to make an entire Christmas album!

cindylouwho
12-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I really love most Christmas music. I cannot really pick one song but I love Christmas songs by Bing Crosby, Boney M, Stevie Wonder, Harry Connick Jr.. I also like Jane Siberry's song "Are You Burning Little Candle?". The new Sarah McLachlan is quite nice but my favorite new Christmas music is by Adrienne Pierce. She has a new record at Borders stores. It puts a smile on my face.:gelf:

Christmas_Freak1993
05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I have so many favorites, too many to mention. Last Christmas by Wham, Spotlight on Christmas by Rufus Wainwright and White Christmas are just some of them. My favorite Christmas album is Noel by Josh Groban, I simply love every song that's on there. Thankful is absolutly beautiful!:singing:

Heeheehee! thankful is my absolute favorite christmas song!:yahoo: it's also the only one i can blast all year long and not get as many ' oh my god, the crazy girl got loose again' looks i get when i sit outside my house blaring silent night. (ironic, no?) right now i am listening to It Came Upon A Midnight Clear! not my fave, but that's not by much at all! i've had this cd since it first came out, and i still cry at i'll be home for christmas!!:sad elf:

onemagicalchristmas
05-20-2009, 01:01 AM
I guess I will have to look for that cd next. Josh Groban is really good!

Elvira1986
06-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Chris Rea - Driving home for christmas

We always play it when we are going home after having had dinner with my parents on the first day of christmas.

Mistletoe
06-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Hmm...I'm liking the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Deck the Halls and We Wish You a Merry Christmas, The Heat Miser/Snow Miser songs, Ring Those Christmas Bells and Lawrence Welk has some happy songs (I just ordered his cd)...

onemagicalchristmas
06-14-2009, 04:27 PM
I bought a copy of Baby's FIrst CHristmas cd for a friends baby and made me a copy of it. I love it so much!

onemagicalchristmas
06-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Chris Rea - Driving home for christmas

We always play it when we are going home after having had dinner with my parents on the first day of christmas.

I have never heard that song before! I will have to look it up!

Elvira1986
06-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcbQyFtCqg

gummgirl
08-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I love O Holy Night. I think it's very pretty.
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland (of course!)
Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker
I recently heard The Christmas Song by Stevie Wonder and India Arie and I really liked it.
Oh and The Trans-Siberian Orchestra has some good stuff.

davidstyen
08-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi All...
I love "Little drummer boy". It is very nice to listen.
I also like The Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole.

Mistletoe
08-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi David! Nice to have you with us! :candycane1:

MacShirts
08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland (of course!)
Yes I just heard the Judy Garland version of this song and I really like her vibrato! Very nice and adds a different feel to the song. I also like this song by pretty much every major singer who has covered it

Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker
Oh and The Trans-Siberian Orchestra has some good stuff.
Its not christmas without these two. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra are amazing. I'd like to see them perform live one of these days...

olga
08-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I love the following song, it really touches my heart! :santa-smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEtXQku79q0

(The Muppet Christmas Carol - 1992)

olga
08-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi All...
I love "Little drummer boy". It is very nice to listen.
I also like The Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole.

Nice songs,
Welcome on board!! :welcome:

gummgirl
08-22-2009, 06:21 PM
MacShirts Yeah, it's really beautiful. I'm so jealous I wish I had a voice like she did!

I actually had tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra a few years ago but had to cancel last minute due to an illness.

MacShirts
08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Thats too bad, but health is always more important. You can always cath them another year. I really want to see The Nutcracker live this year

gummgirl
08-23-2009, 02:38 AM
I've seen The Nutcracker like 6 times but I really would like to see it in New York City. Because it's professional and not some staged production.

MacShirts
08-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Haha yeah I'm sure the NYC production is much better, I'd love to see New York during Christmas time

gummgirl
08-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I want to go to New York so bad for Christmas.
I also think it would be cool to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

olga
08-27-2009, 07:36 AM
I want to go to New York so bad for Christmas.
I also think it would be cool to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

I bet your favorite movie is Miracle on 34th street!! :gelf:

gummgirl
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Olga, Yes it is!

ikey2
08-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Do you have a preference of the B&W classic version or the new one from a few years back?

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I know the question wasnt for me, but the B&W hands down :presents2:

Mistletoe
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
I know the question wasnt for me, but the B&W hands down :presents2:

I agree!

gummgirl
08-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Issac I like the 1947 version better. I'm not really a fan of remakes so...
Actually a few years ago the original version was colorized. I saw it on AMC.

olga
08-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Issac I like the 1947 version better. I'm not really a fan of remakes so...
Actually a few years ago the original version was colorized. I saw it on AMC.

Thats the version I like most. Isn't funny that the movie was released on May??

gummgirl
08-29-2009, 04:00 AM
Olga, I didn't know that, that is pretty funny!

olga
08-29-2009, 06:23 AM
Olga, I didn't know that, that is pretty funny!

Yes, indeed!! :santahat:

Is it true that NBC airs the film every year after the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

gummgirl
08-30-2009, 03:29 AM
It airs some time durning the day (at least where I live it does). Last year a dog show was on after the parade.

onemagicalchristmas
08-30-2009, 08:21 PM
I have Miracle on 234th street 1947 version. I love it!

gummgirl
08-31-2009, 02:17 AM
onemagicalchristmas I have the 1947 version too. Actually I have a black & white version and a colorized version on the DVD.

olga
08-31-2009, 04:11 AM

Hello!!!! :santa-smiley:
I love thta version, too!!!

MissSantaClaus
08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Hello : )

My favourite one is Santa Claus is coming to town, holidays are coming and Silent night. But there are many more songs i love. I love Christmas. Canīt wait :D

grottogirl84
08-31-2009, 09:27 AM
yes! driving home for christmas is one of my ultimate faves too!!:singing:
i remember listening to it when I was a child on our way to do our christmas shopping in the car, and feeling that excitement about what I was going to buy for people and seeing all the trees and lights!
also i love greg lake ' i believe in father christmas ', the little tune in the background as the chorus kicks in,gosh u cant get a happier feeling than that! also 'chestnuts roasting roasting on an open fire' now thats a classic..that reminds me of sitting by the fire toasting crumpets and watching christmas films..why is there no feelin like it??!
:tree:

olga
08-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Hello : )

My favourite one is Santa Claus is coming to town, holidays are coming and Silent night. But there are many more songs i love. I love Christmas. Canīt wait :D

Nice songs, of course there hundreds of them!! :gelf::gelf::gelf:

:welcome: MissSantaClaus!!!

olga
09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
yes! driving home for christmas is one of my ultimate faves too!!:singing:
i remember listening to it when I was a child on our way to do our christmas shopping in the car, and feeling that excitement about what I was going to buy for people and seeing all the trees and lights!
also i love greg lake ' i believe in father christmas ', the little tune in the background as the chorus kicks in,gosh u cant get a happier feeling than that! also 'chestnuts roasting roasting on an open fire' now thats a classic..that reminds me of sitting by the fire toasting crumpets and watching christmas films..why is there no feelin like it??!
:tree:

I love your songs :singing:, they are from those, I would never get bored with..
These songs bring Christmas everywhere!!

And yes, indeed, the old, good, Christmas days are gone...

Kittyskyfish
09-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I love so many different types, but the ones that really mean the most to me are:

Links:
Still, Still, Still. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dJ6H0DEV08)
O Tannenbaum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyXQ_jk4mgA)
Hallelujah! - from Handel's Messiah. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnmt1kZxBDI)
The Nutcracker Suite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRj0xuPF6Es) (this link includes Waltz of the Snowflakes, my absolute favorite.)

Also:
A Charlie Brown Christmas - the album

:singing::singing::singing:

Christmasplease
09-11-2009, 02:40 AM
I love "O Holy Night" by Mahalia Jackson.:carols:

olga
09-11-2009, 05:06 AM
I really enjoy the following two!!

Frank & Bing - Christmas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGBM2Xp9A-k)

Frank & Bing - Christmas 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKXTYY0Q80)

:merrychristmas: :gelf::gelf:

lynnevans
09-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Hello everybody. I always feel glad and excitement about Christmas festival . I really enjoy different Christmas songs. One of my favorite song is Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin Stevens. Also everybody has their own choice about song.

olga
09-22-2009, 05:04 AM
Hello everybody. I always feel glad and excitement about Christmas festival . I really enjoy different Christmas songs. One of my favorite song is Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin Stevens. Also everybody has their own choice about song.

Hey, :welcome: !!

I love the ''Blue Christmas'' by Shakin Stevens voice!! :gelf:

Elvira1986
09-22-2009, 05:59 AM
Merry Christmas everyone is fantastic

Snow is falling.... all around me:dance:

olga
09-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Merry Christmas everyone is fantastic

Snow is falling.... all around me:dance:

Well, where is holiday season?? I cant wait any more... :my lord:

olga
09-22-2009, 10:06 AM
The following Video song, really gets me in the mood..
I hope you like it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVYQXvRTG3U

:presents2:

Griswold
09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
The all-time classic for me is absoluetly Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon.
Run Run Rudolph by Chuck Berry is also a must hear.
And I almos forget Santa Claus Is Coming to Town by the Jackson 5.
Finally, everything Xmas albums by Neil Diamond.

ChristmasFanatic
09-23-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't know that I can choose one favorite Christmas song, I love so many and so many versions, too. A top twenty list might look like this, until I remember favorites that I didn't list. :carols:

-The Little Drummer Boy (Harry Simeone Chorale)
-Jingle Bells (Frank Sinatra)
-White Christmas (Bing Crosby)
-Christmas Bells (Instrumental or vocalized by anyone!)
-The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole)
-Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Dean Martin)
-It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Andy Williams)
-Sleigh Bells (Gene Autry)
-Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)
-Christmas Dream (Perry Como)
-O Holy Night (Nat King Cole)
-Adeste Fideles (Bing Crosby)
-Sleigh Ride (Most Anyone!)
-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Judy Garland)
-Deck the Halls (Jackie Wilson)
-Blue Christmas (Elvis)
-Winter Wonderland (Lena Horne)
-Jingle Bells (Bing Crosby & The Andrew Sisters)
-What Child Is This? (The Lettermen)
-Jingle Bell Rock (Bobby Helms)/Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee)

olga
09-24-2009, 05:03 AM
I don't know that I can choose one favorite Christmas song, I love so many and so many versions, too. A top twenty list might look like this, until I remember favorites that I didn't list. :carols:

Well, a very merry :welcome: to you and hope you enjoy it here!! :gelf:

So, as far as I can see, you love old Classic Christmas songs, just liike me !! :gelf::gelf:
I kinda like you!! :yahoo:

ChristmasFanatic
09-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks very much, Olga! :gelf:

olga
09-25-2009, 05:30 AM
Thanks very much, Olga! :gelf:

Youre very merry welcome my friend!!

This is for you, hope you like it, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFcXimZ-9gc

:gelf:

onemagicalchristmas
09-25-2009, 10:36 AM
I just love Dean Martin but he could be better. Thanks for the link!

ChristmasFanatic
09-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Youre very merry welcome my friend!!

This is for you, hope you like it, too!

:gelf:

Awesome! Thanks for the link. I spent all afternoon putting Christmas tunes on my one MP3 player, so I'm in the mood for classic Christmas tunes. :christmastree:

olga
09-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the link. I spent all afternoon putting Christmas tunes on my one MP3 player, so I'm in the mood for classic Christmas tunes. :christmastree:

This is not a Christmas song, but its from the movie ''White Christmas'' 1954, by Irving Berlin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YhTKiFEMAg

Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye at their finest, I think.. :presents2:

ChristmasFanatic
09-26-2009, 11:36 PM
This is not a Christmas song, but its from the movie ''White Christmas'' 1954, by Irving Berlin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YhTKiFEMAg

Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye at their finest, I think.. :presents2:

Great stuff! :santahat: This is one of my favorite films and I love this scene. Thanks, Olga!

olga
09-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Great stuff! :santahat: This is one of my favorite films and I love this scene. Thanks, Olga!

Glad you liked it!! Its one of my favorites, too!! :santa-smiley:

ChristmasFanatic
09-27-2009, 04:28 PM
They just don't make films like, White Christmas or the original 1947 version of, Miracle On 34th Street, anymore.

angelpugs
10-01-2009, 12:16 PM
As i have collected alot of the older christmas songs like bing crosby -white christmas and many of his others as well as the time life treasury of christmas songs by the original singers and some are instrumental,i've got so many as some were my moms like dean martin christmas songs,it's a wonderful holiday here as we love these songs.:merrychristmas::rudolph:

ChristmasFanatic
10-01-2009, 04:03 PM
My youngest brother and I were discussing Christmas carols and the various artists who sing them and he and I both agree, the singers from the 40s-60s really had a wonderful way of singing the carols. That's not to say that today's artists aren't as talented, but if I was asked to choose my favorite versions of these songs, it almost always is singers from the 40s-60s or 70s, even.

Elvira1986
10-02-2009, 05:48 AM

I have bought it last year, but I have not watched it yet. I will watch it this Christmas.

olga
10-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I like Tonie Braxton on the following Christmas song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7hoUuWCC_U

:smitten:

cocoandcookie
10-20-2009, 11:58 AM
"Island of Misfit Toys" from Rudolph or "Skating" from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

onemagicalchristmas
10-20-2009, 12:04 PM
"Island of Misfit Toys" from Rudolph or "Skating" from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

I just dopwnloaded Island of Misfit toys!

angelpugs
10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I enjoy bing crosby songs like white christmas,silver bells ect.And i also enjoy perry como christmas songs as i own those and many more and i enjoy sleigh ride.:waving::christmastree::santa:

Papa_Christmas
11-17-2009, 02:56 AM
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire). Mel Torme’s original version is great but Nat King Cole’s is my favorite.

Glass
11-17-2009, 10:41 PM
John Lennon - Happy Christmas ( War Is Over )

onemagicalchristmas
11-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I enjoy disneys 12 days of christmas! and carol of bells

ornamentmaven
11-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Anything sung by Bing - "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas"

SnowAngel
11-20-2009, 05:30 AM
I like Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas"

cocoandcookie
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
That's great! What a wonderful sad song! LOL

mcjakeqcool
11-21-2009, 11:33 PM
I don't have to think hard about that one... Jedward of the X Factor Under Pressure/Ice Ice Baby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d23Hc7_VpDg

steph535
11-21-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't have to think hard about that one... Jedward of the X Factor Under Pressure/Ice Ice Baby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d23Hc7_VpDg

I remember the song, "Ice Ice Baby" from back in the '80's. I did listen to part of the first tune, but I'm afraid I've gotten a bit too old for this type of music, lol.. I prefer things more peaceful. maybe about 20 or more years ago, I would have really enjoyed it. anyway, it doesn't seem that these are Christmas tunes to me. So, what is your favorite Christmas tune?

olga
11-22-2009, 05:50 AM
The following song really gets me into Christmas spirit... :home:

I love Dean Martin, I love old classic Christmas songs and I honestly, I miss such songs..

:elf3:

sunflowerladi
11-22-2009, 09:03 AM
grandma got run over by a reindeer has always been one of my favorite christmas songs! It makes me laugh everytime i hear it!

angelpugs
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I own that one and many more as i have ones by bing crosby,dean martin,perry como,and so many more i always play them.:santa2::rudolph::carols:

olga
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
I own that one and many more as i have ones by bing crosby,dean martin,perry como,and so many more i always play them.:santa2::rudolph::carols:

Well, how many do you own anyway?? :gelf:

mcjakeqcool
11-23-2009, 03:26 AM
I remember the song, "Ice Ice Baby" from back in the '80's. I did listen to part of the first tune, but I'm afraid I've gotten a bit too old for this type of music, lol.. I prefer things more peaceful. maybe about 20 or more years ago, I would have really enjoyed it. anyway, it doesn't seem that these are Christmas tunes to me. So, what is your favorite Christmas tune?
In that case... Do they know it's Xmas by Band Aid.

jimmy1
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
i like "bob rivers - i am santa clause". it's a parody of iron man by black sabbath, lol

justinmichael
11-23-2009, 09:21 PM
My favority Christmas song is Jingle Bells by The Forton Project. You can check it out by searching for them on iTunes or going to reverbnation.com/thefortonproject

markgbarba1987
11-24-2009, 11:41 PM
mine would be... "My grown up Christmas List"...
the lyrics are really very sincere and heart warming... :singing:

Ellie
11-25-2009, 06:28 PM
i like "bob rivers - i am santa clause". it's a parody of iron man by black sabbath, lol

I never heard it...I'll have to check it out for the Ozzy fans in my house!

mcjakeqcool
11-25-2009, 11:01 PM
I never heard it...I'll have to check it out for the Ozzy fans in my house!

Gotta give that a listen, along with god knows what else, I've been listening to Black Sabbath so gotta give that a listen.

olga
11-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Well, I see another old classic Christmas songs, fan!!!

Ive got that song of The Mills Brothers and I also love Peggy Lee! :tree1:

angelpugs
11-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I have alot of the classic christmas songs by bing crosby,dean martin,nat king cole and many more as we played some yesterday.:santa2::merrychristmas::carols:

SnowAngel
11-28-2009, 04:36 AM
I would love to find a cd with all the classics (Peggy Lee, etc) for my party. Does anyone know of a cd with this collection? I also like some of the modern songs, like the one from Mariah Carey.

olga
11-28-2009, 05:25 AM
I would love to find a cd with all the classics (Peggy Lee, etc) for my party. Does anyone know of a cd with this collection? I also like some of the modern songs, like the one from Mariah Carey.

Oh, there are thousands of them!!! :gelf:
I do not know where to begin from!! :elf1:

onemagicalchristmas
11-28-2009, 08:40 AM
this year I like DOminick the DOnkey

mcjakeqcool
11-29-2009, 04:04 AM
I like heck love that Xmas tune I believe in Xmas by the the Tweenies! :yahoo:

JJ147
12-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I just downloaded a bunch of christmas music today and I'm really digging Michael Buble's version of White Christmas. I have Bing Crosby's too, but I really love the Michael Buble cover

markgbarba1987
12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
its the 1st of december.. Downloaded lots of Christmas Mp3s for christmas... ready for Christmas... weee... :presents1:

mcjakeqcool
12-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I just downloaded a bunch of christmas music today and I'm really digging Michael Buble's version of White Christmas. I have Bing Crosby's too, but I really love the Michael Buble cover

yeah bing's version is getting old. lol! elvis's version is pretty good buble's is awsome!

sudokuslo
12-08-2009, 06:27 AM
new album from David Archuleta - 'Christmas From the Heart' is realy great

olga
12-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I really love the new song of Ronnie Spector...
Its called ''Its Christmas once again''... I suggest you listen to it.. You will love it!

Its THE Christmas song for this Christmas!!!

:tree1:

mcjakeqcool
12-09-2009, 02:53 AM
i really love the new song of ronnie spector...
Its called ''its christmas once again''... I suggest you listen to it.. You will love it!

Its the christmas song for this christmas!!!

:tree1:

tune!!

theway
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
The Calendar by Pandoras Box;]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rig7d0j6k0Y

mcjakeqcool
12-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Keep the change.

olga
12-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I like the ''December Song'' from George Michael.

I also suggest you see the video from the song.. It really touches your heart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hbwa00VEMc

:merrychristmas:

mcjakeqcool
12-17-2009, 02:55 AM
I like the ''December Song'' from George Michael.

I also suggest you see the video from the song.. It really touches your heart...

Simply awsome makes my hair stand up on my neck.

olga
12-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Simply awsome makes my hair stand up on my neck.

Glad you like it!!! I just love that song..

:santa:

mcjakeqcool
12-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Glad you like it!!! I just love that song..

:santa:

Same here.

kapadult
12-22-2009, 07:07 AM
I like it too! :) :carols:

mcjakeqcool
12-24-2009, 06:59 AM
I like it too! :) :carols:

We should join a fan club. Lol!

Watermleon
12-24-2009, 11:45 AM
My favorite songs of all time has to be Little Drummer Boy and Silent Night :). Silent on piano is just so wonderful. I had to use that as the ending for my remix xD (Check out my christmas song remixes in the sig?)

Speaking of remixes...There's like 300 christmas song remixes at Music shake haha...you guys give it a try.

olga
12-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Since we talk about new songs, I strongly suggest you listen to the new Christmas song of Ronnie Spector.

Its Christmas Once Again

A Christmas treasure.....

mcjakeqcool
12-27-2009, 01:19 AM
My favorite songs of all time has to be Little Drummer Boy and Silent Night :). Silent on piano is just so wonderful. I had to use that as the ending for my remix xD (Check out my christmas song remixes in the sig?)

Speaking of remixes...There's like 300 christmas song remixes at Music shake haha...you guys give it a try.

That beat is totally wick. It's the turkey dinner!

olga
01-21-2010, 05:25 PM
I always loved the following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spFJEIjBwFs

Howard Blake - Walking In The Air (The Snowman short movie)

:presents2:

Caninemom3
02-18-2010, 06:33 AM
My very favorite Christmas song right now is "Oh Holy Night" I love to think about Jesus and His wonderful gift to us all.

olga
02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
My very favorite Christmas song right now is "Oh Holy Night" I love to think about Jesus and His wonderful gift to us all.

On 24 December 1906, Reginald Fessenden, broadcast the first AM radio program, which included him playing "O Holy Night" and singing the final verse.
The song therefore was one of the first pieces of music to be broadcast on radio...

i like it too! :smitten:

Mistletoe
02-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Right now (:santahat:) I like The Christmas Waltz (it sounds romantic to waltz around the tree); and Mistletoe and Holly by Frank Sinatra.

Caninemom3
02-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Hello !!! I love The Christmas Waltz too. My favorite version is by The Carpenters.

Mistletoe
02-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Hello !!! I love The Christmas Waltz too. My favorite version is by The Carpenters.

The one I have sounds like The Mills Brothers. I'll have to check The Carpenters out, though. I was just about to get one of their Christmas cd's out from the library to see if I like it...it has the Nutcracker Suite on it. :elf3:

olga
03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj-Spn6ytFU

I suggest you listen to it.... :santa:

SnowAngel
03-22-2010, 09:27 AM
I love the music from The Nutcracker.

olga
03-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Have you ever listened to Elton John - Cold as Christmas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hohf6KUndBM

Pay attention to the lyrics.. :elf2:

omeliok2010
03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I love the music from The Nutcracker.

Nutcraker 's so great. Their music is so sweet !

Paul Brown
04-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Hello,

I like that Christmas song Jingle Bell it is my favorite song. I like that song very much.

Thanks
Paul Brown

olga
04-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Hello,

I like that Christmas song Jingle Bell it is my favorite song. I like that song very much.

Thanks
Paul Brown

An old time classic great song, indeed..

After a bit of research, I found that despite being connected to Christmas, Jingle Bells is not specifically a Christmas song!!
Read here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jingle_Bells)..

:christmastree:

kam1187
05-08-2010, 09:45 AM
I love it all. From Jingle Bells to Im dreaming of a white christmas! To songs with just instrumentals! :elf1:

olga
05-09-2010, 10:31 PM
I love it all. From Jingle Bells to Im dreaming of a white christmas! To songs with just instrumentals! :elf1:

Maybe you like that, too.. Its one of my fav instrumental versions of Silent Night! :santa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4kptfxlHo

SilverBells
06-15-2010, 01:06 AM
:carols:I love "It must have been the mistletoe" sung by Barbara Mandrell, "Auld Lang Syne" by Bobby Darin, "Do You Hear What I Hear?". Also "Grandma got run over by a reindeer", "Silver Bells" and so many more. I could go on forever:rudolph:

olga
09-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Its a new one compared to all other songs we are talking about, but, I loved it from the moment I first listened to it... :santa:
George Michael - December Song

*Snowflake*
09-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Its a new one compared to all other songs we are talking about, but, I loved it from the moment I first listened to it... :santa:
George Michael - December Song

good song,like it:singing:

olga
09-09-2010, 03:40 PM
good song,like it:singing:

And that video clip.. really touches your heart... :sad elf:

Moley
09-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I believe in Father Chirstmas, by Greg Lake.

They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on Earth
But instead it just kept on raining
A veil of tears for the Virgin's birth
I remember one Christmas morning
A winters light and a distant choir
And the peal of a bell and that Christmas Tree smell
And their eyes full of tinsel and fire
They sold me a dream of Christmas
They sold me a Silent Night
And they told me a fairy story
'Till I believed in the Israelite
And I believed in Father Christmas
And I looked at the sky with excited eyes
'Till I woke with a yawn in the first light of dawn
And I saw him and through his disguise

I wish you a hopeful Christmas
I wish you a brave New Year
All anguish pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear
They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on Earth
Hallelujah Noel be it Heaven or Hell
The Christmas you get you deserve.

SilverBells
09-13-2010, 01:04 AM
:merrychristmas: Santa Claus got stuck in my chimney stuck on my mind :elf1::elf1::elf1:
And this is my 1000th post. Yahoooooo !!!!!!!

ornamentmaven
09-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Congrats on 1000 posts. You'll be more than me in no time at all and I've been posting for months longer than you!

SilverBells
09-13-2010, 03:24 AM
Congrats on 1000 posts. You'll be more than me in no time at all and I've been posting for months longer than you!

Thank you my friend. :yahoo: For me this forum was like giving "bread to a hungry man, water to a thirsty"(Greek saying).:rudolph:

tinkerbell2
09-13-2010, 03:22 PM
:merrychristmas: Santa Claus got stuck in my chimney stuck on my mind :elf1::elf1::elf1:
And this is my 1000th post. Yahoooooo !!!!!!!

Congrats Tia...:dance:

SilverBells
09-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats Tia...:dance:

Efharisto, Thank you, Danke, Merci, Grazie, Gracias, Arigato, Spasiba. :dance:

olga
09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Join the club my good friend! :smitten:

How many senior elves are we, TIATIA???

SilverBells
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Join the club my good friend! :smitten:

How many senior elves are we, TIATIA???

Thank you Olgaki. I feel special. :rudolph: As for how many senior elves there are, don't know.