PDA

View Full Version : Date Filled Cookies

djmadmatt
12-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Another one of Mom's recipes from my site www.bestchristmas.net (http://www.bestchristmas.net)

Date Filled Cookies

Cream together: 1 lb. box brown sugar; 1 cup shortening; 3 eggs; 4 tsp. vanilla;

In another bowl, mix together: 1 tsp. salt; 4 cups flour; 2 tsp. baking soda; 2 tsp. baking powder

Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, and blend well.

Roll out and use a flower-shaped or round cookie cutter to cut out tops and bottoms of filled cookies.

Filling: In a saucepan add ½ # dates; 1 tsp. lemon juice; ¼ cup sugar; ¾ cup water – cook and stir until thick; let cool; add chopped walnuts or pecans

On a cookie sheet, place a cut-out cookie bottom, a dab of filling in the center, then top with another cut-out and pinch the edges together to seal. Continue until cookie sheet is filled wth filled cookies!

Bake @ 350 degrees. YUMMY!

genrichkarlovichjr
12-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Ingredients for Peanut Cookie: you take:

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup wheat germ
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt

then, combine flour wheat germ and salt in large bowl then mix in peanut butter, egg oil and water. Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface till about 1/2 inch thick, then cut out the biscuits using a cookie cutter -- or make squares. Put the biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15 mins for the smaller sized cookies and up to 35 mins. for larger shaped ones. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

djmadmatt
12-07-2009, 03:01 AM
I love Peanut Butter Cookies especially with a Hershey's Kiss in the Center. Just put when in the center while there are still soft right after they come out of the oven.

You should have the moderators move the Peanut Butter Recipe to a new Thread to keep all the recipes seperate.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
dj, my husband and I made raisin filled cookies like that one time. Thank you for sharing.

djmadmatt
12-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Your welcome!