PDA

View Full Version : A Snowing Christmas Tree!

ChantelleJoy
11-20-2009, 09:45 PM
I was at the mall this week and saw (in a cute shop with LOTS of great christmas items) the most amazing thing, a snowing Christmas Tree! From afar, it looked beautiful, and it definitely drew in a crowd (well, lots of little kids, and me - haha). I took a photo on my mobile phone;

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=153

It was very pretty.
I found a website explaining the design and how it catches and recycles the 'snow':
Let It Snow Machine (http://www.christmas-treasures.com/SnowMachine/letitsnowmachine.htm)

Has anyone else seen anything like this?
I think it would be really clever for those poor souls in the South who don't get snow on Christmas! :elf1:

angelpugs
11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
That is nice and quite different as i have never seen anything like it,what an idea.:merrychristmas:

Ellie
11-21-2009, 03:36 AM
I think it would be really clever for those poor souls in the South who don't get snow on Christmas! :elf1:

Yeah...that would be us here in California. It looks like a great idea...but is it messy? Looks like the snow would end up all over the house. :elf2:

The good thing about living out here is that when it rains, the mountaintops are covered with snow...you can see it from a distance without having to worry about snow boots, snow tires, falling on your butt or scraping your windshield. :elf1:

Been there; done that in New York! I do terribly miss the snow on the holidays, though.

:merrychristmas:

ChantelleJoy
11-21-2009, 04:45 AM
Yeah...that would be us here in California. It looks like a great idea...but is it messy? Looks like the snow would end up all over the house. :elf2:

The clever bit is that the bottom base of the tree is like an upside-down umbrella - it catches all the snow and then blow it back up to the top! :elf3:

The good thing about living out here is that when it rains, the mountaintops are covered with snow...you can see it from a distance without having to worry about snow boots, snow tires, falling on your butt or scraping your windshield. :elf1:

That sounds Heavenly --- but I would still miss snowmen and snowangels :elf1:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-21-2009, 10:48 AM
That's very clever!

:tree1:

Crazymike1965
11-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I love it !!!!!! Hmmmmm :)

Ellie
11-22-2009, 01:10 AM
The clever bit is that the bottom base of the tree is like an upside-down umbrella - it catches all the snow and then blow it back up to the top! :elf3::

I see how it works now - great idea. Its interesting how it uses Static Guard. That really could make Christmas out here feel just like home.

That sounds Heavenly --- but I would still miss snowmen and snowangels :elf1:

Yes, me too, along with igloos and icicles!

:christmastree: :merrychristmas: :christmastree:

ChantelleJoy
11-22-2009, 01:20 AM
I love it !!!!!! Hmmmmm :)

Haha I was thinking of you a bit when I saw it, Mike - thought you might like it! (Since I know how much you love snow!)
;) :elf1: :elf3:

EllfGirl
11-22-2009, 02:52 AM
Wow great tree! :elf3:I haven't seen anything like this before...

olga
11-22-2009, 06:30 AM
I was at the mall this week and saw (in a cute shop with LOTS of great christmas items) the most amazing thing, a snowing Christmas Tree! From afar, it looked beautiful, and it definitely drew in a crowd (well, lots of little kids, and me - haha). I took a photo on my mobile phone;

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=153

It was very pretty.
I found a website explaining the design and how it catches and recycles the 'snow':
Let It Snow Machine (http://www.christmas-treasures.com/SnowMachine/letitsnowmachine.htm)

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Thats quite impressive, I think and yes, Ive never seen anything like that before..
Thanks for sharing and thanks for the site that explains everything about it.

:home:

ChristmasFanatic
11-23-2009, 06:09 AM
That is REALLY neat. I'd like that and we do have snow, here, quite often, during Christmas. :gelf:

rika73
12-08-2009, 05:26 AM
Very nice!

DaleGuice
12-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I love the way it looks.. I wish i could have that exact same tree..