PDA

View Full Version : Train Under The Tree

Papa_Christmas
11-17-2009, 03:25 AM
How many of you put a train and village under your tree? I am an O scale Model Railroader and have always had a Train under the tree dating back to my childhood days in the 60’s.Let’s see some photos .Here are a few of mine from last year.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/buck1018/christmas/nov07026.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/buck1018/christmas/nov07037.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/buck1018/christmas/nov07030.jpg

tinkerbell2
11-17-2009, 03:28 AM
WOW they are brilliant..:elf3:

I love them..:smitten:

steph535
11-17-2009, 05:37 AM
that is so cool, love your village. I put my village under one of our trees, but I didn't put the village up last year so, sorry to say, no pics of it.

ornamentmaven
11-17-2009, 06:23 AM
So Pretty!! I have a village and a small train set. I never set them up together though. I like to put my gifts under the tree on Xmas Eve, so it just wouldn't work for me. Beautiful however!

ChantelleJoy
11-17-2009, 09:08 AM
I LOVE having a train around the bottom of our Christmas Tree. I was given a Christmas Train a couple of years ago from my Father-in-Law which I always set up with my Christmas decorations. My mom always loved having a Christmas Tree Train, too.

Sadly, I don't have any pics, but will definitely add some of this year's tree (with train), once it's all decorated!

:elf3:

Merry Christmas Darling
11-17-2009, 10:52 AM
That's pretty! I don't have the space for a train or village around the tree. My village goes in the guest room and even my village had to be limited to a certain number of pieces.

Ellie
11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
That is so pretty! Is that the North Pole Village? I have dogs and would worry about them playing and running right into it, so my village is where they can't reach. With two grandsons, one day we'll get a train; maybe in a year or two.

:gelf:

kylasdad
11-17-2009, 01:32 PM
thats awesome

noelglori
11-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Very nice.

But where do you put the gifts? When I was growing up my brother had a Lionel train set that always went under the tree and I remember I didn't like it because the gifts could not go there. Of course back then most people only put up one tree but now many are doing multiple trees so that isn't a problem.

Papa_Christmas
11-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments.

Ellie, Yes it is North Pole Village .I have collected so many pieces from that series and the Christmas in the City series over the years that I don’t have the room to display them all any more. I do display several Christmas in the City pieces on my train layout.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/buck1018/christmas/march2309_024.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/buck1018/christmas/march2309_012.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/buck1018/christmas/Jan09_182.jpg

When you get ready to make that Train purchase give me a shout I would be happy to assist you with any questions you might have.

Noelglori,
“But where do you put the gifts?”
Under the Present Tree :elf1:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/buck1018/christmas/nov07_086.jpg

ornamentmaven
11-18-2009, 04:40 AM
I envy those of you who have the space to put up two or more trees. I do put up a simple one at my dry cleaning store, but since I work 60 hours at the store, Im lucky yo get a single tree up at home! HaHa

olga
11-18-2009, 06:10 AM
You ve done a great job my friend. :santa:

I look at your Christmas village and I go back to my childhood... I look at your train around the tree and I wanna go to the stores and buy the same!!! I used to have one but my doggy was hungry one night...

Anyway, your pictures are wonderful... Geat job.. :tree1:

This is for you. Its one of my favorites moments of Charlie Browns Christmas.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQX2B67KL4

:merrychristmas:

Papa_Christmas
11-18-2009, 06:32 AM
You ve done a great job my friend. :santa:

I look at your Christmas village and I go back to my childhood... I look at your train around the tree and I wanna go to the stores and buy the same!!! I used to have one but my doggy was hungry one night...

Anyway, your pictures are wonderful... Geat job.. :tree1:

This is for you. Its one of my favorites moments of Charlie Browns Christmas.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQX2B67KL4

Thanks Olga, and thanks for the youtube video, poor Snoopy the world just doesn’t appreciate those of us who march to the beat of our own drummer.

Ellie
11-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Wow! Your display is amazing! That must have taken quite some time to set up.

I thought I recognized the North Pole Series...I too have many pieces and ran out of room. I'm a big fan of Dept 56; their products are so nicely done.

Thank you for the offer on train set info; since I really don't know much about them. We'll get one eventually...

LOL..Just trying to think - 8 Christmas trees, a village, three mantles and a staircase to decorate, and a train set (one day) - I guess I could start on Labor Day. :dizzy: And I'm too much of a perfectionist to let anyone help.

Papa_Christmas
11-18-2009, 11:46 PM

I thought I recognized the North Pole Series...I too have many pieces and ran out of room. I'm a big fan of Dept 56; their products are so nicely done.

Thank you for the offer on train set info; since I really don't know much about them. We'll get one eventually...

LOL..Just trying to think - 8 Christmas trees, a village, three mantles and a staircase to decorate, and a train set (one day) - I guess I could start on Labor Day. :dizzy: And I'm too much of a perfectionist to let anyone help.

Eight trees WOW! You do have your work cut out for you. We have some friends who decorate on a really grand scale. She decorates every square inch of rather large house. She even takes the handles off the kitchen cabinets and replaces them with candy cane handles she had custom made. They start decorating in September.

tinkerbell2
11-19-2009, 12:47 AM

Eight trees I wish I had the space..I bet it looks fantastic..:elf3:

Ellie
11-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Eight trees WOW! You do have your work cut out for you. We have some friends who decorate on a really grand scale. She decorates every square inch of rather large house. She even takes the handles off the kitchen cabinets and replaces them with candy cane handles she had custom made. They start decorating in September.

Eight trees I wish I had the space..I bet it looks fantastic..:elf3:

The candy cane handles sound adorable!

It is lots of work and daunting when I think about doing it, but it is almost theraputic once I get started. There is nothing like twinkling Christmas lights and the fireplaces lighting up the house during the holidays. And I just love the reaction from the little ones when they see first it. I will post lots of pictures!

:santa1: :merrychristmas: :santa1:

Papa_Christmas
11-19-2009, 05:37 AM

It is lots of work and daunting when I think about doing it, but it is almost theraputic once I get started. There is nothing like twinkling Christmas lights and the fireplaces lighting up the house during the holidays. And I just love the reaction from the little ones when they see first it. I will post lots of pictures!

Look forward to seeing your pictures. I love seeing what other folks are doing with their décor.

tinkerbell2
11-19-2009, 05:37 AM

ooohh yes we like pictures...I have started so I know what you mean about

the twinkling lights and stuff..:elf1:

Crazymike1965
11-19-2009, 05:57 AM
I absolutely love your displays Papa_Christmas :presents1:

Papa_Christmas
11-19-2009, 06:19 AM
I absolutely love your displays Papa_Christmas :presents1:

Thanks Mike,I look forward too seeing yours when it's all done.You should post a video I'd like too see all those Ornamotors in action.

cocoandcookie
11-20-2009, 11:34 PM
We've been meaning to hook up our old Tyco set for years now.