PDA

View Full Version : New christmas song

Pete Russell
10-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi Everybody.... i have written a christmas song and just thought somebody on here might listen to it.... apologies if this breaches regulations, i can't put a link on here, but if have a look at youtube.com for Pete Russell - This time of year

Thanks for listening if you do....and merry christmas even if you don't
Pete

steph535
10-25-2009, 01:15 PM
First, welcome to allthingsChristmas, Pete. I listened to one called 'Just remember it's Christmas" or something like that. Is that the right one? It was excellent! Very thought provoking. It reminds us that Christmas time is a very lonely time for a lot of people. I also loved the video. Thanks for sharing! And if this wasn't the right song/video, please let me know. I just reread your post and saw that the song is "This time of year" so yes, I did get the right one. And again, it is awesome. And for anyone who I may have confused, both lines are used in the song.

Pete Russell
10-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks steph..... glad you liked it....that was the right one
thanks again
Pete

Fezziwig
11-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey Pete, good work my man .. its kinda like if Shane McGowan wrote a Christmas Song for Bono to sing. You have a good voice though man, good luck in future endeavors.

Pete Russell
11-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Dear Fezziwig....thank you for your kind words...i'm glad you like it
Merry Christmas
Pete

coolXmas
11-13-2009, 05:40 AM
Hi Pete

I think relevant links can be okay in the right thread if they are not only commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZvL7T_a7Wc

So this is your song?

tinkerbell2
11-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi just listened to it and I thought it was great...:elf3:

SnowAngel
11-14-2009, 05:26 AM
I just watched it. It's very touching and speaks to this time of year, recession and all, when so many people have lost so much. It also speaks to single folks as well. I'm going to put it on my blog, http://kriskringleforsingles.blogspot.com.

Happy Holidays and good luck with it!

christmasjoy
11-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Great job, very touching song...
Keep up good work :snowman:

Pete Russell
11-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Aoplogies, i havn't been on for a while.... Thank you so much for placing my song on your blog.... i' m so pleased you liked it that much....
God bless and have a Merry Christmas
Pete

Pete Russell
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Thank you everybody for your kind words...
Merry Christmas
Pete

SnowAngel
11-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Aoplogies, i havn't been on for a while.... Thank you so much for placing my song on your blog.... i' m so pleased you liked it that much....
God bless and have a Merry Christmas
Pete

You're welcome! It is different and the message is a real one. :santa2: