PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Carol (2009)

Home alone 2
11-05-2009, 03:33 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/33eoduq.jpg

Official Trailer -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3lr3urgDU

Charles Dickens' timeless tale of an old miser who must face Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet-to-Come, as they help to bring kindness to his otherwise cold heart. The Ghosts remind him of the man he used to be, the hard truth of what the world is today, and what will happen if he does not strive to be a better man. Set around Christmas, the most joyous day of the year, Scrooge realizes the sharp contrast of his own personality.

Jim Carrey plays four separate roles in this updated version of A Christmas Carol. Carrey portrays Scrooge, as well as the three ghosts (Past, Present, and Yet-to-Come). His dynamic character roles keep the four characters as diverse as being played by four actors.

Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future trilogy) has his chance to dabble in telling a story through the windows of time, as he directs the long-awaited remake.

A Christmas Carol | Jim Carrey | Disney Site (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/achristmascarol/)

http://i33.tinypic.com/1zceq39.jpg

What do you all think about this??

olga
11-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Zemeckis is trying his best in order to succeed with this. He says that Christmas Carol is his favorite book since he was a young boy, so that has been a good reason trying to make a new retelling oft the story..

I m a huge fan of Christmas Carol, Ive seen all versions and have read everything that has to do with it!! :gelf: and honstley, I wont say a word until I watch it!!!

In my country the film is released on 24th December.. :christmastree:

ChristmasFanatic
11-05-2009, 05:11 AM
Personally, I'm not a huge Jim Carrey fan, but seeing how this is animated and it's CB's favorite Christmas film, we are planning to go On Friday evening. My personal favorites of the films are......the 1938 version, the 1951 version and Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol. :santa1:

ChantelleJoy
11-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm looking forward to it - but dissapointed that because this is such a big-budget event there seems to be few/no other Christmas-related movies coming out this year??

Will likley wait till after my Birthday (Nov 23rd) to go see it though... Although I like doing some planning, etc before then, that's when Christmas really kicks-off for me. :)

angelpugs
11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm more an old christmas carol person as i prefer the original i like my originals during the holidays but,there are some i like as i don't think i'll see this one sorry.:christmastree::presents3:

Home alone 2
11-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Just got back from this
Fantastic movie , scary at times. It seems weird that this time last year I was watching Quantum of solace in the very same cinema .

kimmy
11-09-2009, 04:38 PM
i'm looking forward to watching this, i love all the christmas carols films and i also love disney films so it should be good

olga
11-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Just got back from this
Goodish movie , scary at times. It seems weird that this time last year I was watching Quantum of solace in the very same cinema .

Did you see Christmas Carol? :santa1: Ive read somewhere that the movie is doing very very well so far!!

Home alone 2
11-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Yeah I saw it , Scary movie . Loads of people have been saying it wa scary for them also so I am glad I am not alone :;)

olga
11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah I saw it , Scary movie . Loads of people have been saying it wa scary for them also so I am glad I am not alone :;)

Do you think that its not good for kids? :tree1:

ChantelleJoy
11-11-2009, 04:57 PM
#1 Movie at the Box Office!

Does anyone know of any other movies coming out this season that are holiday themed (or even just take place during the holidays?), I'd really like for there to be another Four Christmases' or Family Stone out this year.

olga
11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
#1 Movie at the Box Office!

Does anyone know of any other movies coming out this season that are holiday themed (or even just take place during the holidays?), I'd really like for there to be another Four Christmases' or Family Stone out this year.

Thats true!! Christmas Carol is on the top at the Movie Box Office.. :rudolph:

However, I have not heard of any other Christmas movie during holidays... I believe this is gonna be the one and only..

ChantelleJoy
11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I believe this is gonna be the one and only..

Bummer.
Oh well. I'll just have to survive on my Christmas DVDs :snowman:

olga
11-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Bummer.
Oh well. I'll just have to survive on my Christmas DVDs :snowman:

It sounds good, especially if you vegot a big collection.. :tree1:

I always like watching my Christmas dvds during holidays.. :elf1:

Papa_Christmas
11-17-2009, 04:38 AM
I saw it at 12:01 AM on the day of its release. I thought it was wonderful. I don’t get the scary comment. It’s rated PG so it may be scary to very young children 5 years and younger. I thought it was wonderfully done.

Home alone 2
11-17-2009, 08:39 AM
You didn't find it scary? In most reviews I have read and from the people I have spoke to about it they have all found it scary.

Papa_Christmas
11-18-2009, 01:27 AM
No scarier then you would expect a story about a mean old miser who is visited by the ghost of his dead partner and three Christmas spirits to be. The happy ending and the message that it gives leaves me with that warm and fuzzy feeling every time.:tree:

ornamentmaven
11-23-2009, 11:20 PM
The new Robert DeNiro/Drew Barrymore movie is set at Christmas time. It's being released on Dec. 4th. Can't remember the title, but I will post it as soon as I do.:elf2:

ChantelleJoy
11-24-2009, 12:23 AM
The new Robert DeNiro/Drew Barrymore movie is set at Christmas time. It's being released on Dec. 4th. Can't remember the title, but I will post it as soon as I do.:elf2:

It's called "Everybody's Fine" and I was so happy when I saw the trailer, please that Christmas Carol isn't the ONLY holiday film out this year!

:elf3:

ornamentmaven
11-24-2009, 03:52 AM
Yes - I can't wait to see "Everybody's Fine"! I'm a liittle different as I don't really like the "Christmas Carol" - any version! Don't know why!

skoubah
11-27-2009, 07:44 AM
i personally want to see this, i like jim carry and while his Grinch was no that classic and nothing will ever be i thought he was great in the Grinch so yes im all about this.

Since we are on the subject though i would say "A Christmas Carol" with Patrick Stewart is the best version, i have the dvd.

olga
11-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Since we are on the subject though i would say "A Christmas Carol" with Patrick Stewart is the best version, i have the dvd.

I love Patrick Stewart as a narrator.. Have you listened to The Christmas Carol Audio Book?

Hes just unique!! :elf3:

cocoandcookie
12-02-2009, 05:22 AM
I thought Patrick Stewart's version was pretty good. Rich Little's version is also classic.

EmpressDivine
12-06-2009, 01:37 PM
I can't wait to see it!

olga
12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I can't wait to see it!

Cant wait to see it, too.. Its coming on Christmas Eve, in my country!! Unbelievable.....

:elf1:

DaleGuice
12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Couldn't wait to see it. I dont have lots of free time though..

olga
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I saw a few days ago, Christmas Carol, The 3-D motion-capture version of the story, by Zemeckis and I kinda liked it.

Of course, I have to mention that it was a little dark and frightening, so it may not be the best Christmas Carol version for kids.
To be honest, sometimes it reminded me of Nightmare Before Christmas. :eek:

However, JIm Carrey was very good, so as was Bob Hoskins, Gary Oldman and Robin Right (and not Penn anymore). :santa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3lr3urgDU

The only thing I think was missing form the movie, was more songs.. I wish the film had more Christmas songs, just like the older versions.
I was also wondering, do you think that in the paricular version, the story might have lost a little of its essence, in the process of technology? :confused:

Conclusively, I can not say it was the best Christmas Carol adaptation ever, but there is no way you will say Bah!! Humbug!!!

I suggest the film, but I think only to grownups. :elf1:

Caninemom3
02-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I saw A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey 3 times in 2009 !! I really loved it. The only thing I did not care for was a part where Scrooge becomes very teeny-tiny. That was definitely not in the book. I definitely want to purchase it if it comes out on DVD !!

olga
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Even if it was not he best Christmas Carol I have ever seen, Im looking forward to to getting the dvd, too!! I wanna see the extras, also!!

Home alone 2
04-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi everyone ! Does anyone know if this is coming to dvd? Or if it is already out? I haven't seen an advert about the dvd anywhere. Would love to watch it again. :santa2:

Caninemom3
04-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi There !! I heard that A Christmas Carol will be out on DVD In November. I Dont' Know If It Will Be In 3D But I Am Hoping So !!!!!

:carols:

olga
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes, its so funny that it still has not been out on dvd!!
Ive been looking for it, too!!!
And certainly I can not wait until November, to watch it again... :confused:

Lets keep each other informed, my friends!! :santa:

olga
04-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I would very much like to get this book, I find it simply amazing..
Please, take a look... You will love it!!!! :dance:

http://parkablogs.com/content/book-review-art-of-christmas-carol

Caninemom3
04-19-2010, 07:15 AM
That is an amazing, beautiful book !!

:santa1:

olga
04-20-2010, 03:45 AM
That is an amazing, beautiful book !!

:santa1:

Yes, I kinda like it.. I think Im gonna get it, as soon as I get paid... Are you thinking of getting it, too?

:merrychristmas:

jayarr
04-28-2010, 08:30 AM
I also like the Christmas Carol..

after all Christmas is not only having a party,with lots of foods, It is also rmembering your past,treasuring your present for a better future!

And one more thing,I am a Jim! He's really funny man with sense! :)

olga
04-28-2010, 06:12 PM
I also like the Christmas Carol..

after all Christmas is not only having a party,with lots of foods, It is also rmembering your past,treasuring your present for a better future!

And one more thing,I am a Jim! He's really funny man with sense! :)

Couldnt agree more. :santa:

olga
05-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi There !! I heard that A Christmas Carol will be out on DVD In November. I Dont' Know If It Will Be In 3D But I Am Hoping So !!!!!

:carols:

Thats too long, :elf2:...

And why do they keep saying: coming soon...
I would prefer if they were honest, saying that its coming on dvd in one year, when its holiday season again, of course...
Thats what this is all about..

:merrychristmas:

HollyJolly
05-28-2010, 03:39 AM
I guess the movie folks don't think people would buy a Christmas movie in the middle of the summer, but they don't know about us! :kinky elf:

olga
05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
I guess the movie folks don't think people would buy a Christmas movie in the middle of the summer, but they don't know about us! :kinky elf:

And I believed that dvds would have been out until February-March.... :elf1: :elf1: :elf1:
Then, I realised that this is very possible to happen only in my dreams, as, Disney, announced that Christmas Carol is coming on dvd in almost 5 months from now........

Great. :mad:

Home alone 2
08-29-2010, 11:02 PM
According to Wikipedia November 16, 2010 will be the release on DVD .

olga
08-29-2010, 11:21 PM

Yeap! Exactly! Lets copy from Wiki what weve just read Home Alone. :santa:

Disney will release the film on November 16, 2010 in a single-disc DVD, single-disc 2D Blu-ray and in a four-disc combo pack that will include a 3D Blu-ray, a 2D Blu-ray, a DVD and a Digital Copy.

This will mark the first time that a movie is available in Blu-Ray 3D the same day as a standard 2D Blu-Ray. The DVD will contain deleted scenes and two feaurettes called "On Set with Sammi" and "Capturing a Christmas Carol"; the 2D Blu-ray will also have a "digital Advent Calendar" and the feaurette "Behind the Carol: the full Capture Motion Experience. The 3D Blu-ray will have an exclusive 3D game called "Mr. Scrooge's Wild
Ride".

Source: Wikipedia

tinkerbell2
08-30-2010, 02:45 AM

Thanks for that will definitely be getting it..:elf3:

Shanniclause
09-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I am going to get it as well :)

Home alone 2
11-11-2010, 08:45 PM
The DVD is now available to buy! :rudolph: http://www.disney.co.uk/disneydvds/buy/acc/ :tree1:

XmasDVD
11-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Here's a $10 off coupon for the DVD 4-pack. Expires 11/28/2010
http://forums.bfads.net/viewtopic.php?t=15135

angelpugs2
11-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I watch that myself as well as christmasvideos.org another good one.:home: