PDA

View Full Version : what is your favourite christmas decoration

devoy26
10-21-2009, 01:26 PM
mine is the santa figurine that used to sit on the top of the tree when i was a kid. i inherited it now its a bit worse for wear but it reminds me of so many happy memories.
i couldnt let them through it out.

what are your favourites ?

:santa2:

onemagicalchristmas
10-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Frank E Post! a singing streetlamp that sings like ole blue eyes himself!

devoy26
10-21-2009, 03:46 PM
very nice what tunes does it sing?

:santa:

tinkerbell2
10-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I think mine is our 'snowman' that sings walking in the air....:snowman:

ChristmasFanatic
10-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Hard to choose just one or two, even! I'll pick three for now and know there's too many others to list. :elf1:

-Santa standing next to a chimney....Mom did it in ceramics the year I was born and gave it to me to keep, several years ago.

-Three Wise Men ceramics that my Grandma did in ceramics...my Aunt gave them to me a few years back.

-My Rudolph cuckoo clock....gieven to me Thanksgiving Eve a few years back.

These three items are on display, year round, so they aren't even put away to enjoy once a year.

Kittyskyfish
10-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I have one with Snoopy on his doghouse that I love.

devoy26
10-21-2009, 06:07 PM
they all sound lovely . especially the ceramic set and the singing snowman.
i remembered that we have a set of silver bells that i was given with the santa
figurine they are just as old and have the remnants of spray on snow from when i
was a child. how cool.
:santa2:

CandyKara
10-22-2009, 01:17 AM
mine is my candycane weiner dog ornament, fits with my candy theme and i love my weiner dogs!

CandyKara
10-22-2009, 01:17 AM
I have one with Snoopy on his doghouse that I love.

I hate that one too it's sooo cute!

AmyK
10-23-2009, 01:26 AM
My grandparents' Christmas train set! I wish I had it, but I'm sure it's sitting in my grandpa's closet. He hasn't done much for Christmas since my grandma died. I'd sure like to have that train; lots of good memories. It was such a neat train.

I like my nativity set, too, but I've never used it yet; I got it on clearance after Christmas 08, so it hasn't seen any action yet, but just one more month and it will!

Merry Christmas Darling
10-23-2009, 01:52 AM
I seem to have lost my photos.

devoy26
10-23-2009, 07:59 PM
you never know your grandapa might give it to you if you ask him nicely!!
might be worth a try.
:santa:

SnowAngel
10-23-2009, 08:24 PM
My favorite decoration is an elegant victorian butterfly ornament I found in a Christmas store several years ago in Rockefeller Center in NY (the store closed and got replaced by Swarovski unfortunately).

ANGWife
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Mine is my Willow Tree nativity set

steph535
10-24-2009, 03:43 AM
I seem to have lost my photos.

oh dear! I hope you are able to find them.

EllfGirl
10-24-2009, 02:53 PM
I have my favorite snowman decoration. Will take a photo of it closer to Christmas!:snowman:

olga
10-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Green garlands with big red bows all over the house!! Thats how I grew up and I really love that decoration.. :tree1:

ChantelleJoy
10-25-2009, 10:57 AM
mine is my candycane weiner dog ornament, fits with my candy theme and i love my weiner dogs!

Kara - I would love to see a photo of this, it sounds ADORABLE!

My favorite Christmas Decoration is my Personalized Santa Hat that I got last year!
(see photo below)

Mistletoe
02-19-2010, 08:49 AM
My favorite is the live mistletoe and holly that I've been putting up around the house for the past 2 years. It reminds me of days of old. :love:

Caninemom3
02-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I guess my favorite decoration is a Christmas ball that is made of plastic in WWII. It is a bit faded and has a design on one side of candles and on the other side it says "Merry X-Mas". My mother gave it to me a long time ago. It was on her tree during the Second World War and she gave it to me.

Mistletoe
02-19-2010, 10:18 AM
I guess my favorite decoration is a Christmas ball that is made of plastic in WWII. It is a bit faded and has a design on one side of candles and on the other side it says "Merry X-Mas". My mother gave it to me a long time ago. It was on her tree during the Second World War and she gave it to me.

The old faded ornaments are some of my favorites- all the memories they hold! All the Christmases they've looked down on!

ChristmasCrazy
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Green garlands with big red bows all over the house!! Thats how I grew up and I really love that decoration.. :tree1:

Me too! I love wreaths with big red bows. I love all of my decorations. It would be so hard to choose. I have several snowmen and santas that I love and a collection of Christmas houses. My favorite is a beautiful house lit up with Christmas lights. I decided to keep it out and not pack it away. I also love my Chritmas dishes. I could go on and on.....this is making me excited!

olga
02-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Me too! I love wreaths with big red bows. I love all of my decorations. It would be so hard to choose. I have several snowmen and santas that I love and a collection of Christmas houses. My favorite is a beautiful house lit up with Christmas lights. I decided to keep it out and not pack it away. I also love my Chritmas dishes. I could go on and on.....this is making me excited!

I can imagine you right now!!!! :elf1: :elf1: :elf1:

Well, I guess, Im a lot like you in my decoration...

Too much Christmas traditional, afraid (I guess) to make big changes to yor decoration and full of ornaments/toys/things, that take you back to your childhood.. And so much more..

Correct me if Im wrong............... :elf1: :elf1: :elf1:

ornamentmaven
02-22-2010, 03:40 AM
A tiny pinecone ornament painted light blue with silver sparkles.
It's a bird with a small paper mache head and beak. It also has red sparkle eyes. It lost its wings and tail many years ago. My parents bought it for me when I was 6 back in 1962. It was my very first ornament! It always is hung in a very special place of honor on the tree for the last 47 years!

Mistletoe
02-22-2010, 08:50 AM
A tiny pinecone ornament painted light blue with silver sparkles.
It's a bird with a small paper mache head and beak. It also has red sparkle eyes. It lost its wings and tail many years ago. My parents bought it for me when I was 6 back in 1962. It was my very first ornament! It always is hung in a very special place of honor on the tree for the last 47 years!

Aww...that's nice. :love:

waxwonderful
05-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I think fairy lights are my fave decoration although they seem to be used all year round also.

Merry Christmas Darling
06-14-2010, 12:46 AM
I found my photos. I wonder which one I was going to post. Today I can't think of a favorite because I love them all so much! Maybe the figures I put in the window are my favorite:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Displays%20in%20Our%20Home/2PieceHolyFamily.jpg

Elf_Erv
06-14-2010, 02:40 AM
My favorite is an old light up church that also plays music

olga
06-14-2010, 03:28 AM
I found my photos. I wonder which one I was going to post. Today I can't think of a favorite because I love them all so much! Maybe the figures I put in the window are my favorite:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Displays%20in%20Our%20Home/2PieceHolyFamily.jpg

I can almost imagine both, decorating my window... Really nice figures MW :santa:;
Why dont you create an album?? I would really love to see your Christmas decoration, my friend...

:merrychristmas:

Merry Christmas Darling
06-14-2010, 09:48 AM
I can almost imagine both, decorating my window... Really nice figures MW :santa:;
Why dont you create an album?? I would really love to see your Christmas decoration, my friend...

I just tried to make an album, but I got a message: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. I don't know what that means!

olga
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
I just tried to make an album, but I got a message: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. I don't know what that means!

MW, I think, you should post your question here (http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50&page=4), you will definitely get an answer!! :santa:

gandr1212
06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Here is some gorgeous ornaments. Costly but good Ideas

Gail
http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=6081&path=1%2C2%2C556%2C6061%2C6081

HollyJolly
06-18-2010, 05:44 AM

Gail
http://www.frontgate.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=6081&path=1%2C2%2C556%2C6061%2C6081

Beautiful ornaments but $375?!?! Are you kidding me? For that price, it should be pure gold...but the description did say they were collected by the rich and famous...well, again, this could be a very easy craft project and would mean a whole lot more...not mention -- think how many Christmas presents you can buy with $375! :presents2:

Xmaslove
07-08-2010, 06:05 AM
My son's "Baby's first Christmas" ornament. It's a little baby boy made out of blue crystal.

Mary Angeldog
07-23-2010, 05:25 AM
My favorite Christmas decoration is my collection of Santas. I start to smile when I unpack them and put them out and they make me smile everytime I look at them.

olga
07-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Gail

To be honest, I got crazy with The lady in red ornament!!!!

I just think, I could never afford that money... :smiling angel::smiling angel:
In fact, with that money, I could get a plane ticket for a Christmas trip!! not a bad idea :rolleyes:, eh?

MissSantaClaus
07-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Why are they sooo expensive?
Good idea Olga ;)

olga
07-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Why are they sooo expensive?
Good idea Olga ;)

A Christmas trip to the best Christmas Markets in the world..

:elf1: :elf1: :elf1: :elf1: :elf1:

MissSantaClaus
07-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Yay : D Maybe you can really visit my town one day. I will show you the best Christmas shops and just everything ; ) I would love if it could be this year ;)