PDA

View Full Version : What's your Start of Christmas?

Grinchless-Bauble
10-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey Guys.. thought i'd say Hi to all by starting off a thread, so Hi :waving: ::elf3:

So, What's the beginning of Christmas for you guys...?? when does it really kick off, like seriously when you feel, it's here!

Well, here in Ireland for me it's when a show called "The Late Late Toy Show" is on which is a once a year show on a Friday night at the end of November and the host gets kids to show off the this years must have toys, as well as live performances and Carols and Christmas goodness.. it really is the best, and then I know It's Christmas :)

Usually the next day i'll get the Christmas songs out!

But the real bummer for me is I have exams up to a week before Christmas.. very annoying, makes it extra stressful :sad elf:

But what about you guys? :rudolph:

tinkerbell2
10-21-2009, 11:18 AM
well ours doesn't really get going until we put our landing christmas

tree up which is middle of november,but we are really starting to feel it now

though....:santa2:

olga
10-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Start decorations the first day of November, really I can not wait any more...:elf1:
A glass of red wine, a Christmas cd with old Classic Christmas songs and lets start decorating!!!

:yahoo:

devoy26
10-21-2009, 01:20 PM
hey grinchlessbauble..

im irish too. you are so right about the toy show. still brings a night of excitement to me in november. its then i know christmas is here again.then i tune into xmas fm and that cranks it up another notch. its excitement all the way from there.

:santa2:

onemagicalchristmas
10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey Guys.. thought i'd say Hi to all by starting off a thread, so Hi :waving: ::elf3:

So, What's the beginning of Christmas for you guys...?? when does it really kick off, like seriously when you feel, it's here!

Well, here in Ireland for me it's when a show called "The Late Late Toy Show" is on which is a once a year show on a Friday night at the end of November and the host gets kids to show off the this years must have toys, as well as live performances and Carols and Christmas goodness.. it really is the best, and then I know It's Christmas :)

Usually the next day i'll get the Christmas songs out!

But the real bummer for me is I have exams up to a week before Christmas.. very annoying, makes it extra stressful :sad elf:

But what about you guys? :rudolph:

October for me. I have gotten all my decoratios out and ready to go up on the 1st of Nov! or before I go inot surgery.

Grinchless-Bauble
10-21-2009, 03:25 PM
hey grinchlessbauble..

im irish too. you are so right about the toy show. still brings a night of excitement to me in november. its then i know christmas is here again.then i tune into xmas fm and that cranks it up another notch. its excitement all the way from there.

:santa2:

Hi, good to see fellow irish on here :presents3:

Christmas Fm, was the highlight of christmas last year!!!! What a GREAT thing to do and for charity aswell.. cannot wait, roll on 25th/ish of Nov! :tree:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-21-2009, 03:36 PM
When the stores start removing their Halloween items, it's the beginning of Christmas spirit for me. Of course, Thanksgiving is sandwiched in there.

Smokyturtle
10-21-2009, 03:37 PM
About the end of September.:home: But don't really get into decorations until after Thanksgiving.

Grinchless-Bauble
10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes.. but its not until decorations go up generally end of November till it kicks in, until then people just complain about it getting earlier and earlier every year :P

Putting up decorations at the start of Nov seems far too early.. it need to be a nice December maybe Saturday with the family, makes it feel special!:gelf:

ChristmasFanatic
10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm definitely feeling the Christmas excitement, already, but I won't put the official Christmas decorations and tree up until the weekend of Thanksgiving. We usually get the tree on Black Friday or that Saturday, let it 'settle' for a day, then decorate it.

devoy26
10-21-2009, 06:10 PM
hey grinchless bauble keep the 28th of november in your diary cause thats when xmas fm goes live this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grinchless-Bauble
10-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Happy Days! :elf3::yahoo::santa:

Sean
10-21-2009, 07:42 PM
november 1st. thats what kicks it off for me .

ChantelleJoy
10-22-2009, 01:10 AM
I find that Christmas kicks-off a bit earlier in Canada than in the US because we have our Thanksgiving at the end of October, and then it's all Christmassy stuff.

I honestly can't imagine having Thanksgiving at the end of November, which would seriously just feel like Christmas Dress-rehersal. LOL

The older I get, the earlier and earlier I get excited. I'll start shopping and collecting decorations now. Every weekend in November will be spent preparing, planning and shopping for supplies.The tree and most of the decorations won't likley go up till the last weekend in November, then it's full-on Celebration time, carols, movies, baking, etc!! Whoo! :elf3:

CandyKara
10-22-2009, 01:18 AM
I plan for sooo long because I make a lot of my decorations so I need a lot of time to get everything done!

Crazymike1965
10-22-2009, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=ChantelleJoy;17903]I find that Christmas kicks-off a bit earlier in Canada than in the US because we have our Thanksgiving at the end of October, and then it's all Christmassy stuff.

I honestly can't imagine having Thanksgiving at the end of November, which would seriously just feel like Christmas Dress-rehersal. LOL

[QUOTE]

Exactly what ChantelleJoy said :) I will start work on my main tree in early November and it will take me 2 weeks to get it completely set up. It then sits unplugged until December.

I would not be able to get all my decorations and trees up in time if I had to wait until the end of November as my wife and I have our Christmas party on the first Saturday in December.

Actually I started on my tree really early last year as my wife and I did not have a Hallowen party. I am on vacation from Nov 6th to Nov 17th so I will probably finish the tree by the end of my vacation if all goes well.

AmyK
10-23-2009, 01:27 AM
It all really starts on Deck the Halls Day for me. (Deck the Halls Day is my name for the day I decorate! Always the day after Thanksgiving)

From there on out through Christmas I go NUTS and I absolutely cannot control it.

olga
10-23-2009, 01:55 PM
It all really starts on Deck the Halls Day for me. (Deck the Halls Day is my name for the day I decorate! Always the day after Thanksgiving)

From there on out through Christmas I go NUTS and I absolutely cannot control it.

Really???? :elf1::elf1::elf1: I dont believe you!!! :elf1:

So am I !!!!! :elf1:

tjdmall
10-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi I work at a big box store and the Christmas supplies are out for sale. And people are loading up. I guess these are the folks who prefer to have the best selection.

olga
10-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi I work at a big box store and the Christmas supplies are out for sale. And people are loading up. I guess these are the folks who prefer to have the best selection.

Really? Oh, I can imagine what is gonna happen when November comes!! :elf1:

devoy26
10-23-2009, 08:07 PM
november the 28th will do me for the start of christmas. we are having a christmas 2009 launch party. just my family . its going to be so cool cant wait . christmas music ,films& food. heaven .:santa2:

SnowAngel
10-23-2009, 08:19 PM
The day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, is when I get in the mood and start decorating. You won't catch me with the shopping mob. I'll be online for cyber Monday (Monday after Thanksgiving) checking out the deals.

SnowAngel
10-23-2009, 08:20 PM
november the 28th will do me for the start of christmas. we are having a christmas 2009 launch party. just my family . its going to be so cool cant wait . christmas music ,films& food. heaven .:santa2:

I like the idea of a Christmas launch party!

ANGWife
10-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Black Friday. After shopping, we set out all the decorations.

olga
10-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Black Friday. After shopping, we set out all the decorations.

What is Black Friday????? :confused: I just dont know...

Grinchless-Bauble
10-24-2009, 07:11 PM
What is Black Friday????? :confused: I just dont know...

Crazy Americans with their madness :P

Black Friday is only in the US and it's the day/morning after Thanksgiving and is when Shops lower prices... and people go crazy for Christmas presents/ electronics:gelf:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-24-2009, 07:42 PM

Black Friday is only in the US and it's the day/morning after Thanksgiving and is when Shops lower prices... and people go crazy for Christmas presents/ electronics:gelf:

And I make a point of staying home because I don't want to be trampled!

tinkerbell2
10-25-2009, 06:14 AM

aarrhh......I wondered what it was ...:elf1: thanks.

shellyann
11-05-2009, 01:00 AM
I start planing and collecting new items all year long but get busy the day after US thanksgiving

lighting lady
11-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Yup, the day after Thanksgiving is when it starts for me too!

Ellie
11-05-2009, 10:03 AM

Yes, here's the reason... it's the biggest day in retail sales all year long in the U.S. The sales are used to gauge how much $$ consumers are spending and where the economy is going.

And, not to leave the internet out of it...the Monday following is known as 'Cyber Monday' - which is the day when internet companies have their biggest sales. So, just in case you all are looking to shop on the internet, that's the day to look for deals. Hope this helps!

angelpugs
11-05-2009, 10:19 AM
It's already started for me as i'm doing the outside decor and then i'm starting on the inside as everything is done by thanksgiving.:santa::presents3::christmastree:

ANGWife
11-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Black Friday!!!

ladyice
11-08-2009, 11:39 AM
The weekend before Thanksgiving is when I really get into the spirit. I decorate my living room tree... then that week (week of Thanksgiving) my QVC wreath is delivered, and it's all in high gear!

drewsmom0430
11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Im almost done decorating, Have 2 trees up already even have my table set. Today we took our son on the polar express. 1 tree left to go up and I am done. I love it

Fezziwig
11-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Christmas to me never really has a set date, it just kind of comes to me spur of the moment. For instance the other day I was in the food store and came across Eggnog in the dairy section .. bada bing bada bang ... Its Christmas time for me, haha.

I won't really start decorating until after Thanksgiving. probably the Weekend after, but I have already started making trips up into the attic and staging the lights and other decorations in the garage. Then in a couple days I'll start placing calls around to the family and see who is doing what and where.

I never really understood why Black Friday got such a raw deal. I love it. I'm the kinda guy that goes to bed after Thanksgiving in my cloths with the car keys in my hand. Then, I am up at about 3 o'clock to harass my girlfriend to get her out of bed and we are out the door to go stand in line and wait for the stores to open with dozens of other people. Hey, last year I bought (for my self) a $1,200 dollar Flat Screen TV for 400 bucks.Granted as soon as the doors at Best Buy opened I had to hit the pocket like a NFL Fullback with my girlfriend holding onto my back for dear life .. but I got one of the 10 TVs they were selling at that price.

ornamentmaven
11-13-2009, 03:11 AM
Officially shopping, newletter and cards start Vets Day. Decorating, wrapping, baking MUST wait until after Thanksgiving!

:home:

noelle_loves_xmas
11-13-2009, 04:27 AM
xmas usually starts for me in dec after school finishes for the month of dec :)

Papa_Christmas
11-17-2009, 02:37 AM
I start the first of November so we can flip the switch on Thanksgiving. Then I can relax and enjoy the Holiday merriment through the New Year.

Holiday Mom
11-17-2009, 08:13 AM
My entire apartment is already decorated. Our Thanksgiving Day is in October so we wait until after Remeberance Day (Nov. 11) to start decorating. But I brought my 8 year old to see Santa yesterday and then we went to see A Christmas Carol as part of our Holiday season kick off. We have to start this early as the next month and a half is super busy for us - non stop until New Years - I love it :presents1:

ChantelleJoy
11-17-2009, 08:53 AM
My entire apartment is already decorated. Our Thanksgiving Day is in October so we wait until after Remeberance Day (Nov. 11) to start decorating. But I brought my 8 year old to see Santa yesterday and then we went to see A Christmas Carol as part of our Holiday season kick off. We have to start this early as the next month and a half is super busy for us - non stop until New Years - I love it :presents1:

I agree, that after Rememberance Day really is the full-swing beginning of Christmas. It's almost sad that most people in the USA wait till the end of November, after Thanksgiving.

:rudolph::rudolph::rudolph:

ornamentmaven
11-18-2009, 04:52 AM
When I was younger, I always "started" Christmas (in my mind) on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Now I think,it starts for me the day after Veteran's Day. Either way, I generally start shopping much earlier!

olga
11-18-2009, 05:48 AM
November the 1st has always been the perfect day for my family to start decoration in our house.. Until now, we keep this day and we always will..

:tree1:

I_live_For_Paris
11-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Ussually Christmas starts right after Halloween. We don't decorate and get ready till Black Friday and the weekend after Thanksgiving though. It's our ' Tis The Season ' weekend! But as soon as we eat Thanksgiving I'm ready to start Decorating the tree!
__________________________________________________ ________________________
[I_live_For_Paris, :jack:I_live_For_Family, :carols:I_live_For_Christmas! :rudolph:
Merry Christmas

Glood looking ugly guy
11-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Bah humbug Christmas starts after turkey day

kam1187
05-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Although I am excited for it ALL year, Christmas for us OFFICIALLY starts the day after thanksgiving. Instead of going out shopping like a crazy person (unless I absolutely need something), this day is spent pulling out all the decorations and decorating away! :santa1:

Caninemom3
05-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Christmas also starts for me in October but not officially until November. In the first week of November I usually put up the nativity scene, since the birth of Christ is of utmost importance to my Christmas. Thanksgiving day I put up the tree while watching the Thanksgiving Day parades !!

Much better to spend the day after Thanksgiing going through Christmas stuff !!! Have been out shopping bright and early the past 2 Black Friday's and there were just no deals that I was interested in !!!

:merrychristmas:

MissSantaClaus
05-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Officially starts the day for us in mid November. November 15th or so.

gandr1212
05-19-2010, 07:38 PM
It is in May that I start thinking of Christmas. I will put my list up soon. So they have all sumer to add items under their name. The tree doesn't go up until Nov. I always find more enjoyment in the planning. My visions are always better than reality, but it doesn't stop me from having a GOOD christmas.

olga
05-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Last day of October...
A glass of red wine, a Christmas cd with old, jazz, Classic Christmas songs and lets start decorating!!! What better than that....

:tree1: :gelf: :carols: :dance: :waving: :tree: :yahoo:

Elf_Erv
05-24-2010, 11:49 AM
We start Christmas decorating the week after Halloween. In July when the tv shopping clubs have their Christmas in July shows I order stuff and get super excited. I think about how I want to decorate outside. I'm always shopping Ebay for vintage decorations.

olga
11-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Who said Christmas ever ends??? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Papa_Christmas
11-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Who said Christmas ever ends??? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Now Olga she has the right idea.:tree:

JingleBellRock
11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Christmas hit me today. Thats why I just signed up here! Great site!

ornamentmaven
11-21-2010, 06:17 AM
I will start decorating next Friday - fter Thanksgiving!

SnowAngel
11-24-2010, 04:01 AM
The day after Thanksgiving. :home:

MinnesotaMike
11-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Normally do inside the day after Thanksgiving, but we already did it this year. Did my outside a couple weeks ago.

MinnesotaMike
11-27-2010, 10:17 PM
I love Chrismas Tree.

great.

ornamentmaven
11-28-2010, 03:56 AM
I set up my Christmas village yesterday! It looks great. I will post photos later!