PDA

View Full Version : How do you buy decorations?

ANGWife
10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
How do you buy your Christmas decorations?

Do you buy new ones every year? Do you use the same every year? Do you make alot of decorations? Is there something you always make sure to buy?

ikey2
10-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Do you buy new ones every year? Do you use the same every year? Do you make alot of decorations? Is there something you always make sure to buy?

Typically I will use the same each year, however i am always in search for new stuff all the time to add to the collection and change the look up a little aeach time.

tinkerbell2
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM

We use the same every year and just buy the odd bit to spruce the things

year after year!..and yes I do buy quite alot..:elf1:

ladyice
10-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Depends if I have a new tree or not... I put up 4 trees, so each one has their own theme. I don't buy all new ones each year but tend to add to existing stuff I have.

Sean
10-12-2009, 08:15 PM
I also use same decorations but as a tradition love to go to the stores and pick out new ones! :presents1:

steph535
10-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I use the same ones each year, but try to buy a few each year, if there is a good sale.

Home alone 2
10-13-2009, 09:47 AM
I (We) use the same every year but most of the time we buy a few new ones if some broke while bringing them down from the loft.

onemagicalchristmas
10-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I buy more every year. Last year I mde a wreath for christmas I have already made three more for this year. I will have to take some pictures to show everyone!.:santa2::christmastree::presents2:

ChristmasFanatic
10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I add a few new decorations for the house, every year. I don't think I've gotten anything new as far as tree decorations go, in a year or two. Some of my decorations and tree ornaments were actually made by Mom or my Grandparents, so I treasure those and they always have a place of honor on the tree or within the decor of the house.

EllfGirl
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I use the same every year too. It's quite expensive to buy new ones each year:sad elf:

noelglori
10-13-2009, 03:20 PM
I add to my collection of decorating items buying new when I see something I really like and it's a good price and buying at the Goodwill store.
I also change some of my tree decorations when I change my colors for my trees. I do this by adding ribbon or something that goes with my color theme.

JollyElfDC
10-14-2009, 02:28 AM
I use the same ones every year, but I also but new ones every year. When it comes to Christmas decorations, I'm a terrible impulse buyer. I just gave a realy great decoration to my neighbor for his door. It's a Teddy bear with a Santa hat. I've had it sitting in a bag for years. He loved it. I figured somebody should get some use out of it. I bought it for my door, but every year I hang a snowman on my door, and I know If I changed it, everybody would be saying "What happened to the snowman?"

I already have more tree decorations than the tree can hold, so not everything gets put on every year. I need a bigger place so I can put up a second tree.

kimmy
10-14-2009, 07:31 AM
i use the same decorations but always buy new decorations each year, every year i let my kids pick a new ornament for the tree, this year we have picked personalised christmas bells to hang on the tree

Donna-50
10-14-2009, 05:22 PM
I usually use my old ornaments except for the tree in the living room. Last year I did the tree in the family room with new ornaments and didn't seem the same.

I always buy a few each year to add to my collection and not all can fit on the tree so some get left in the tote.

dees473
10-15-2009, 05:18 PM
I basically use the same ones every year. I didn't ever do that until I was introduced to Led lights. They last soooo much longer and I don't have to get a second job to pay my electric bill. You can barely tell that there is a house under all my lights!! They make different shapes and sizes.

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/led-christmas-lights.htm

SnowAngel
10-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I have one tree for which I have a gold theme. I wish I could change it up but that would mean buying all new decorations and ornaments. Typically, I'll add to the collection by buying 1-2 new pieces a year if I see something I really like.

devoy26
10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
we use the same ones every year but i do add new ones to keep up with the latest stlyes. or if there is some where in the house that looks a bit bare ill try get something for it.

:santa2:

lighting lady
10-19-2009, 02:43 PM
I use most of the same ones every year, the ones I don't, I give to my daughter-in-law. I always add an outdoor lighted decoration each year.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I used to hand sew a lot of them. I collected Matyo ornaments over the years; I seriously wish I had a couple of dozen more. I also buy some ornaments each year depending on my theme for that year. But I always use mostly ones from previous years.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Ornaments/MatyoOrnaments_3.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/Christmas_Garland.gifhttp://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/Christmas_Garland.gif

CandyKara
10-20-2009, 12:41 AM
I like to make and buy, I do a different theme every year so I make a lot to try and cut down costs, my theme this year is candyland and it's not very easy to find candy ornaments that aren't the same here in Canada so I really have no choice!

Ellie
10-23-2009, 12:40 AM
I buy more every year starting around July or August. Also, I look on ebay for some good deals and retired items that are hard to come by. I also like making ornaments. This year's Christmas stash is steadily growing...that's why I put up 8 trees!

vanni
12-23-2009, 10:02 PM
I try to use same every year well. perhaps sometimes get new additions

ornamentmaven
12-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I think I have more than enough! Never throw anything out. Always have a series going with Hallmark!

Papa_Christmas
12-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I think I have more than enough! Never throw anything out. Always have a series going with Hallmark!

Love those Hallmark ornaments we collect many of the series ornaments.

olga
12-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Every year I add something to my Christmas decoration... And each year, it gets bigger!!

:merrychristmas:

XmasDVD
12-25-2009, 06:04 PM

We generally use the same ones each year unless we come up with a new theme. Next year I will need to buy more lights - the ones we have are going bad.

vijendrasnv
12-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Hi All,
I think i will not buy all the decorations every year.Use some same and if there is any new product then,i will get it for decorations.Its expensive to have decorations every year.
Thanks.

Merry Christmas Darling
12-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi All,
I think i will not buy all the decorations every year.Use some same and if there is any new product then,i will get it for decorations.Its expensive to have decorations every year.
Thanks.

You're right.

olga
03-25-2010, 01:48 AM
There are few times I ve shopped online..

For example, last year, I bought a Christmas shower curtain with reindeers on..
You can not find such thing in my country....

Mayheyde
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
i often buy decorations at market. there have many.so i can choose what i like to decorate my tree.

olga
03-30-2010, 08:03 PM
i often buy decorations at market. there have many.so i can choose what i like to decorate my tree.

What about after Christmas? :santa: Do you buy any decorations?

jayarr
04-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Nice suggestions . For me , I used the old ones to saved money .

jayarr
04-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I prefer using the same old stuff to save .

dees473
06-23-2010, 11:29 PM
I typically use the same ones every year as a lot of them hold sentimental value. I do look for new decorations on occasion, like something I can pass down to my kids.

HollyJolly
06-23-2010, 11:45 PM
I use ones from previous years, but I also buy new every year, especially if they have the year on them...I try to build my collections.:elf1:

olga
06-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I use ones from previous years, but I also buy new every year, especially if they have the year on them...I try to build my collections.:elf1:

Never bought any ornaments with the year on.. How didnt I ever think of that!! :mad:
You are so right HollyJolly.. :o

NCD
06-24-2010, 06:07 PM
I tend to use the same over as well. We then pick up new ones that we like and the kids make them each year which also go into the collection.
This year we will be having an extra tree as we recently moved and have the space so Ill get to go buy all new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilverBells
07-18-2010, 02:58 AM
I add some new dacorations to my old ones every year. :christmastree:

Mary Angeldog
07-21-2010, 06:18 AM
Every summer we vacation at a beach town that has a HUGE Christmas store. I promise myself I won't go there but it just doesn't seem like a vacation if I don't. Sooo I do buy at least a few ornaments every year. I try to keep my various themes in mind but sometimes something different is just irresistable and I buy it and try to find a home for it at Christmas. Then there are my friends who always know "when in doubt buy Mary something Christmasy". They keep me well supplied with new things also. I don't use everything every year. I rotate various themes so that's my excuse for buying more.

Camby
07-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I have to admit we buy something new every year usually from the place we’ve been on holiday to. So far we have decorations from New York, Australia, Egypt, France, Belgium, Spain, Mexico. This year we just need to buy a baby’s first Christmas bauble. Our tree is a bit full so last year we bought a bigger tree.

stephmcuk
08-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Hi,
We have alot which we re-use each year.....but i am always adding new ones and changing where i put things to shake it up.

olga
08-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi,
We have alot which we re-use each year.....but i am always adding new ones and changing where i put things to shake it up.

Yea, Im doing that, almost every time I start decorating home..
Changing the place of some things, once in a while, makes my home always look better than last Chrstmas!! :gelf:

SilverBells
08-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Yea, Im doing that, almost every time I start decorating home..
Changing the place of some things, once in a while, makes my home always look better than last Chrstmas!! :gelf:

Me too!

dees473
08-04-2010, 12:32 AM
I still use some of the old decorations from years past, but like new and exciting things as well.:elf3:

SilverBells
08-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I had a hard day at work today so nothing would please me more right now as a visit to a Christmas shop.:christmastree:

stephmcuk
08-06-2010, 07:45 AM
I had a hard day at work today so nothing would please me more right now as a visit to a Christmas shop.:christmastree:

We used to have an amazing christmas shop in are local village i used to pop in all the time and just have a peep about but 2 christmasses ago it closed and ive been sad ever since....the next proper christmas shop is in the city centre and its just not the same anymore.

SilverBells
08-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Today in the evening news one of the stories was how, in London, some of the stores, have Christmas stuff out for sale and how people are excited. It was really cool to watch :elf3:. I wished I was there.:christmastree: