PDA

View Full Version : Tree Theme

ladyice
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Well it's coming up on that time again: Christmas :presents1: :christmastree:

:D

I love this time of year, not only is Halloween and Thanksgiving coming but Christmas is right on its heels.

So I started thinking this weekend about my theme for the living room tree. (I change it each year) There's only 5 weeks left before I start to put up my tree... which means in two weeks I need to start getting my new decorations for the season.

I was thinking white, silver and blue this year with lots of ice cycles. Very ethereal. :)

What do you all have planned?

ahh it's so depressing in January, but this time of year is the best! :D And there is nothing like the feeling of looking forward to setting everything up. It wouldn't be that way if we left everything up all year ;)

:home:

ANGWife
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
We don't usually have a theme. I just really enjoy getting otu the same decorations year after year.

tinkerbell2
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
we have no theme as such but for many years its been a frosted look with

lots of clear shimmering glass on...:christmastree:

steph535
10-12-2009, 09:12 PM
I have never done a theme. I just put on anything I think looks pretty. but, the colors you are thinking of sound really pretty.

Ellie
10-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Every few years or so I do a different theme. When my daughter got married, it was Wedding Bells..I did everything in white roses with hearts and keys. For the past few years, I've been doing a venetian theme with jesters, because we went to Italy and I fell in love with Venice. So, this year I'm doing the same jester theme, and the tree in the family room will have baby jesters and fun ornaments for my grandchildren. We'll see how it comes out! The master bedroom is done alittle differently, all in white (with some jesters thrown in). We are still trying to decide what to do with the outside decorations. I'm setting up the first two trees this week, and can't wait!

Home alone 2
10-13-2009, 09:52 AM
We dont have a new theme each year , although we do get a new tree every few years

When i was born we had a green one i was told
Then we had a gold one with stars on it for Years
Now we have another green one (But I think we need a new one this year) :elf1:

olga
10-13-2009, 10:38 AM
We dont have a new theme each year , although we do get a new tree every few years

When i was born we had a green one i was told
Then we had a gold one with stars on it for Years
Now we have another green one (But I think we need a new one this year) :elf1:

Well, I forgot to :welcome: you friend!!!

I hope you really like the place and have fun!! :tree1:

onemagicalchristmas
10-13-2009, 11:06 AM
I am using a white pre lit this year with clear and red ornaments on it. my mom gave me some older ornaments to use also this year. I am hoping to put my tree up before I go into surgery. !:home::santa2::christmastree:

Home alone 2
10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Well, I forgot to :welcome: you friend!!!

I hope you really like the place and have fun!! :tree1:

Thanks , It looks great .

ChristmasFanatic
10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Several years ago, Dad did a tree with sliver and blue balls and blue lights and it was absolutely, gorgeous! I loved it and did it one year, for my own tree. The last several years, I've kind of gone back to my traditional roots and I do multi-colored lights and the decorations on the tree that I love...either for being older or for just appealing to me. :christmastree:

noelglori
10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I do more than one tree and I do them all differently each year. The main tree in the living room, I'm thinking of doing just a red and blue ornament theme with clear lights. I've never done a red and blue tree. Sometimes I end up adding a 3rd color and if I do it might be white. I might buy some blue lights to add to my prelit tree with clear lights. Last year I did the copper and brown colored ornaments and I really liked it.

The tree in the basement might get mulit colored lights with gold and silver ornaments, not sure about the 3rd color. I will see when I get out my decorations. Sometimes my plans change.

drewsmom0430
10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Glad I am not the only one who starts early putting up trees. my family and friends think im nuts. last yr i started the week before halloween. I have a 4 ft tree with all misfit characters on it and last year I did an all real candy tree. The kids eyes lite up when they seen it. I also have my big tree that is just full of fun decorations. I am trying to think of a new theme this yr.

JollyElfDC
10-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Wow I can't imagine getting all new ornaments every year. My tree is all European blown glass style ornanments (Radko style, but no Radko ornaments:sad elf:), with some other old fashioned looking decorations as well. I never really thought of it as a theme, but I guess it's pretty old fashioned.
I do have a miniture tree that I decorate sometimes. I decorate that with Rudolph characters or Simpsons characters. I haven't really cared much for the Simpsons in recent years, so Rudolph has been getting the tree space.

kimmy
10-14-2009, 07:37 AM
i usually do my main tree in traditional colours, green tree with red and gold decorations with white lights, my daughter has a pink theme and my son has a disney theme tree,

Donna-50
10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I usually do a theme tree in the living room but don't change it out every year as it is costly and I would have to store more stuff. I have been using orange and teal with some copper in there.

Last year I had a new tree for the family room and bought jewel tone ornaments for it. It came out nice but I did miss using all my old ornaments that I have collected forever so may do my memory tree again this year.

SnowAngel
10-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Well it's coming up on that time again: Christmas :presents1: :christmastree:

:D

I love this time of year, not only is Halloween and Thanksgiving coming but Christmas is right on its heels.

:home:

Theme ornaments based on vacation spots are nice. If you've been to Europe, there are landmark ornaments available, such as the Eiffel Tower and the Kremlin. Really nice.:home:

drewsmom0430
10-18-2009, 07:03 PM
i was looking at oriental trading.com and thought i might buy christmas picture frames and make a family christmas tree this yr. I mean all my family from sisters and brothers there families and my inlaws, since i have a big family christmas party i thought it would be nice if everyone is on the tree. the site has all different kinds of frames. will post pics if i decide to do it.

onemagicalchristmas
10-18-2009, 11:50 PM
i was looking at oriental trading.com and thought i might buy christmas picture frames and make a family christmas tree this yr. I mean all my family from sisters and brothers there families and my inlaws, since i have a big family christmas party i thought it would be nice if everyone is on the tree. the site has all different kinds of frames. will post pics if i decide to do it.

that sounds neat. let me know how it goes.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm going to use whatever looks good with my Matyo ornaments. Most likely my mouse that I made years and years ago will be there:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Ornaments/Christmas_Mouse2.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/Christmasani-large-bulbs.gifhttp://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/Christmasani-large-bulbs.gifhttp://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/Christmasani-large-bulbs.gif

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2009, 02:29 AM

Very cool!

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2009, 02:32 AM
we have no theme as such but for many years its been a frosted look with

lots of clear shimmering glass on...:christmastree:

Pretty! I've never done that.

Merry Christmas Darling
10-19-2009, 02:34 AM
Every few years or so I do a different theme. When my daughter got married, it was Wedding Bells..I did everything in white roses with hearts and keys. For the past few years, I've been doing a venetian theme with jesters, because we went to Italy and I fell in love with Venice.

I love Venice, too!

olga
10-19-2009, 06:24 AM
Well, we do not have a theme either.. But every year we always add new things on.
The last few years, we add Christmas traditional ornaments from different countries we have visited.. It really makes the difference on the tree. :gelf:

onemagicalchristmas
10-19-2009, 02:18 PM
I am goin to use a white prelit tree this yar and I am adding clear suncatchers and red satin balls to it along with the homemade ones from last year.

CandyKara
10-20-2009, 12:45 AM
OOO thats exciting, thats the theme I want to do next year, with penguins and polar bears, make sure to take lots of pictures for us to see! My theme is candyland this year!

Ellie
10-21-2009, 06:16 AM
I love Venice, too!

Isn't is just beautiful? Hopefully we'll go back to Italy soon...it is such a spiritual place. But in the meantime, I am very happy to revisit through decorating at Christmas time. Just need to find a few more gondolas....

:merrychristmas:

Merry Christmas Darling
10-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Isn't is just beautiful? Hopefully we'll go back to Italy soon...it is such a spiritual place. But in the meantime, I am very happy to revisit through decorating at Christmas time. Just need to find a few more gondolas....

:merrychristmas:

Well, I won't be able to go again, but I have warm memories.

Grinchless-Bauble
10-21-2009, 10:40 AM
I Think tree themes can be good.. but really are for shop windows.. i prefer the personal feeling of a tree with all family decorations and just make it fun.. not planned

lighting lady
10-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm a lover of different things, I'm thinking about getting the new bubbler tree. It has a bubbler system that acts as the trunk and is very visible. You can set it to stay clear or to your color of choice. I think it would make a great conversation piece. I usually have more then one tree in our home and always have at least one real tree also. OHHH can't wait!

drewsmom0430
10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
I am goin to use a white prelit tree this yar and I am adding clear suncatchers and red satin balls to it along with the homemade ones from last year.

Your doing suncatchers, I have all my neices and nephews for our family christmas and last yr i did one of my trees all candy for them, well this yr i found a candy suncatcher craft to do with them its so easy, you buy xmas cookie cutters spray with cooking spray add jolly ranchers and melt in the oven. go to foodnetwork.com the neelys did it last yr. i cant wait to do it with the kids.

gandr1212
10-24-2009, 03:33 AM
Lighting lady -- I love the light you have at the bottom of the page. Did you make it. Can you post a large photo of it.

Gail

lighting lady
11-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi Gail, No I didn't make the lamp ( I wish I was that talented) I actually have a pair of them. I love stained glass and was tickled to find these trees to help add to my holiday decor. I'm having trouble trying to upload the pic, If I figure it out I will certainly post it.

CandyKara
11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I have four themes I am always working on and I cycle through them this year is candyland, but I also do Toyland, winter wonderland, kind of like what you were planning on an Whoville