PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts 101

Hanifa Dungarwalla
09-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Christmas gift giving should be fun and thoughtful. There’s absolutely no point whatsoever in buying a Christmas gift that isn’t going to delight the recipient, it’s a complete waste of your money and time if you buy something that you just haven’t thought about, because it will only end up in the bin equivalent to throwing your money down the toilet, basically!

We present to you the do’s and do not’s of Christmas gift buying as we have seen through personal and public experience.

Do:

Make a list:

a) Consider who you’d like to buy presents for

b) Reconsider the first list thinking about whether the people on your list really need a gift from you and will they appreciate it? If the answer to each of the questions is no, then remove them from your Christmas gift buying list.

Consider your budget:

a) If you’re lucky enough in these recession stricken times not to have a budget to worry about then we envy you! However, if you’re one of us lowly people you need to consider the pennies (but not too much!)

b) Search markets and look at the sales on right now, this means you can spread your cash over the year and get some great bargains. Gifts usually have a tendency of getting hugely expensive nearer to Christmas so get your present buying kick started right now.

Spend time thinking about the recipients’ likes and dislikes:

a) Have they already got the gift?

b) Will they be able to use, keep or cherish the Christmas gift you have bought in the present or future?

c) What are the recipients’ hobbies and interests?

Go for an unusual gift, something out of the ordinary if you really can’t think of anything or if the person you are Christmas gift shopping for has everything they need. Personalised Christmas Gifts make fabulous, fresh gift ideas so that’s something to consider. I found http://www.christmasgifts2u.co.uk
(http://www.christmasgifts2u.co.uk)
Look around for Christmas wrapping paper, your local shopping stores will more likely than not have some stock left over from last year, see if you can get your hands on some affordable wrapping paper and gift bags early on.

onemagicalchristmas
09-29-2009, 02:12 PM
thanks for the insight. I am racking my brain as to what to get for dad. Maybe some wild bird seed for his bird feeders !

tinkerbell2
09-29-2009, 02:23 PM
thanks for the insight. I am racking my brain as to what to get for dad. Maybe some wild bird seed for his bird feeders !

we made small baskets up for the in-laws, they contained beauty stuff in one for MIL and stuff

to do with fishing for FIL ....:santa-smiley:

Ellie
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
we made small baskets up for the in-laws, they contained beauty stuff in one for MIL and stuff

to do with fishing for FIL ....:santa-smiley:

Thats a good idea.

Rosy Jones
12-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Interesting! Buying your loved ones Christmas gifts that remind them of their childhood or a special time in their lives is a wonderful and unique gifts indeed, and there are a number of ways in which you can bring the past back for the sake of putting a smile on their face.

Thanks for sharing...

PaintIdeas
12-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Interesting. I am thinking of my list now...

SchultzPhoto
12-12-2009, 05:09 AM
A Little advice for Giving to the Kids! :-)

Nothing's as mean as giving a little child something useful for Christmas. ~Kin Hubbard

markgbarba1987
12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Well said.. Thank for the advice.. Merry Christmas.. :merrychristmas:

SnowAngel
12-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the insight. I just thought of a gift idea for my sister. She loves the US Open games so maybe I could find a gift around that.

jayarr
03-30-2010, 03:35 PM
This is awesome. Thanks for the share .

jaynes
04-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Great insights .Thanks for the share .

Janet
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks for sharing .