PDA

View Full Version : Unusual white christmas tree!

Kittyskyfish
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I was at Garden Ridge yesterday and saw a white christmas tree with BLUE LED lights! The effect was really amazing! The tree was using a type of multi-directional LED bulb which helps the bulb shine brighter than older model LEDs.

I saw this and first noticed how much the blue lights colored the white branches. The store wasn't that dark, so I'm impressed how effective these bulbs were. The effect was really, really pretty! I really want this for the master bedroom since it's decorated in silver and pale blue. *minemineminemine* :smitten: :christmastree:

The branches in this pic are a bit bluer than in person, but the effect I saw in the store was definitely a glowy blue.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt296/Kittyskyfish/blueledchristmastree.jpg

tinkerbell2
09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I was at Garden Ridge yesterday and saw a white christmas tree with BLUE LED lights! The effect was really amazing! The tree was using a type of multi-directional LED bulb which helps the bulb shine brighter than older model LEDs.

I saw this and first noticed how much the blue lights colored the white branches. The store wasn't that dark, so I'm impressed how effective these bulbs were. The effect was really, really pretty! I really want this for the master bedroom since it's decorated in silver and pale blue. *minemineminemine* :smitten: :christmastree:

The branches in this pic are a bit bluer than in person, but the effect I saw in the store was definitely a glowy blue.

very very nice....!!! kitty:santa-smiley:

PumpkinJack81
09-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I kinda like that... :christmastree:

tinkerbell2
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM
I kinda like that... :christmastree:

it would look good with some bold colours on i think...!!!

happy anniversary pumkinjack:santa-smiley:

Kittyskyfish
09-09-2009, 07:03 PM
it would look good with some bold colours on i think...!!!

happy anniversary pumkinjack:santa-smiley:

Hmmm! How about hot pink ornaments??? I saw some there and my lips made the "oooooOOOooohhh" motion when I saw them! haha! ...maybe... ;)

tinkerbell2
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Hmmm! How about hot pink ornaments??? I saw some there and my lips made the "oooooOOOooohhh" motion when I saw them! haha! ...maybe... ;)

ok maybe not that bold......!!!!!!:santa-smiley:

olga
09-10-2009, 08:44 AM

It looks quite impressive my friend.
How tall is it and whats his price?? :christmastree:

Kittyskyfish
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
It looks quite impressive my friend.
How tall is it and whats his price?? :christmastree:

This one looked to be a skinny 7' tree. $199 isn't toooooo bad of a price. I'd buy it right now but there's that whole "another tree - my husband would kill me" factor to deal with. :santahat:

I'll stalk it and see if there are any remaining when Garden Ridge does their half-off sales!

olga
09-10-2009, 01:45 PM
This one looked to be a skinny 7' tree. $199 isn't toooooo bad of a price. I'd buy it right now but there's that whole "another tree - my husband would kill me" factor to deal with. :santahat:

I'll stalk it and see if there are any remaining when Garden Ridge does their half-off sales!

Smart move! :gelf:

But I have my doubts... Isnt a little expensive? Its September and it sould be cheaper I think...

:waving:

EllfGirl
09-10-2009, 02:20 PM
It is so interesting to see Christmas trees in different colors! This one is gorgeous but I wouldn't buy it for myself. I prefer traditional green tree :christmastree: it brings such a big Christmas Spirit!:smitten::santa:

olga
09-10-2009, 02:23 PM
It is so interesting to see Christmas trees in different colors! This one is gorgeous but I wouldn't buy it for myself. I prefer traditional green tree :christmastree: it brings such a big Christmas Spirit!:smitten::santa:

Well, I guess we are both too traditional... But I have to admit that I adore people with modern spirit!! I wish I had a liitle..:candycane1:

Shanniclause
09-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Garden Ridge is a great place for trees and decorations!

I love that place!

Kittyskyfish
09-10-2009, 05:08 PM
I also prefer having a green tree, but I like to have more than one tree around the house. White trees with colored lights make it look like a candy tree. It's the perfect type of tree to hang candy-themed ornaments on! They're great if you can find a 2-3' tree, since it's small enough to stick in a kid's room or in a random corner.

I used to have a white tree but unfortunately the tips started to turn yellow. Not pretty anymore so it went *away*. :(

olga
09-11-2009, 05:10 AM
I also prefer having a green tree, but I like to have more than one tree around the house. White trees with colored lights make it look like a candy tree. It's the perfect type of tree to hang candy-themed ornaments on! They're great if you can find a 2-3' tree, since it's small enough to stick in a kid's room or in a random corner.

I used to have a white tree but unfortunately the tips started to turn yellow. Not pretty anymore so it went *away*. :(

Thats exactly what I was talking about!! You've got that modern spirit!!! :yahoo:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-12-2009, 02:13 AM

I gave one of our granddaughters a pink tree and she decorates it with fake candy.

olga
09-12-2009, 04:36 AM
I gave one of our granddaughters a pink tree and she decorates it with fake candy.

Ha!! :candycane1: It must be very cute!!

Christmas Tree Comapny
09-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Black and Silver pre - lit trees are also proving popular this year, very nice tree.

LookingforwardtoChristmas
09-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Hey all!,

Great forum, so glad I found you allthingschristmas! Just bought a tree from the above site, didn't get the black and silver (to modern for me!) but i did get a 10% discount!

has anyone else bought their tree yet? Love to see some photos!

Smokyturtle
10-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I also prefer the green tree...and I really don't like single color lights. The more colorful the tree, the better I'll be. That includes the ornaments. No single theme, lots of different ornaments, bought or homemade.

noelglori
10-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Beware of white trees, some will turn brown after a few years. Not all but some. My parents had one, they bought my daughters each a white tree and only could use them for a few seasons because no matter where they were stored, they turned brown.
LOL, Mom and Dad's tree looked like it belonged in the desert.

I love the white trees and they are beautiful, but I would never spend a lot of money on a white tree because of the chance of it turning brown.

steph535
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
that's good to know, noelglori. thanks for the info.

angelpugs
10-05-2009, 09:40 PM
That is almost like my white tree but,i put my own blue lights on and also white lights as it looks so nice and i use blue and silver decorations as i also have a green pre-lit with white lights and i use multi color lights as well.They are really nice trees and i have always liked white trees,they are beautiful.:christmastree::santa-smiley:

Kittyskyfish
10-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Beware of white trees, some will turn brown after a few years. Not all but some. My parents had one, they bought my daughters each a white tree and only could use them for a few seasons because no matter where they were stored, they turned brown.
LOL, Mom and Dad's tree looked like it belonged in the desert.

I love the white trees and they are beautiful, but I would never spend a lot of money on a white tree because of the chance of it turning brown.

You're right. I had a white tree that lasted three seasons before it looked like the dog peed on it.

But still I luves me some white tree! :yahoo:

Kittyskyfish
10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
That is almost like my white tree but,i put my own blue lights on and also white lights as it looks so nice and i use blue and silver decorations as i also have a green pre-lit with white lights and i use multi color lights as well.They are really nice trees and i have always liked white trees,they are beautiful.:christmastree::santa-smiley:

Adding white lights to colored lights on a white tree is beautiful. When I had a white tree, I used to do multi-color lights on the branches and wrap a 100 clear light set on the trunk to make the tree glow from within. A-mazing. :)

angelpugs
10-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Each year i do it different as one year i did white and red lights that looked nice also i always change something.:rudolph::waving:

Kittyskyfish
10-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Each year i do it different as one year i did white and red lights that looked nice also i always change something.:rudolph::waving:

Sounds really pretty! Like a candy-cane tree. I really love how colored lights glow against white branches. The white with pastel glow reminds me of candies that my granddad used to love. Such a random observation, I know... :)

angelpugs
10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Alot of my family and friends love coming to my home as they love the way it looks as i decorate with fresh pine that i get from our woods up back and make my garlands and i use pinecones and red bows i use beaded fruit in many different ways also it all looks nice.:christmastree::presents3: