PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Lights

ikey2
09-08-2009, 03:12 PM
So I would like to know everyone's feeling on Bubble lights. I find them so much fun to sit and watch but its so sad they are hard to find long strands of these. Most places if they even sale them only have about 6 -7 lights per strand.

tinkerbell2
09-08-2009, 03:15 PM
So I would like to know everyone's feeling on Bubble lights. I find them so much fun to sit and watch but its so sad they are hard to find long strands of these. Most places if they even sale them only have about 6 -7 lights per strand.

errmmm what are they??

Kittyskyfish
09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Nothing makes me feel all warm and snuggly inside like bubble lights! Nice to add a few strands as a finishing surface 'layer' after all the regular lights are strung. They're also nice to mix in among greenery elsewhere, like on the fireplace mantle.

I have some bubble lights as night lights too.

Kittyskyfish
09-08-2009, 03:23 PM
errmmm what are they??

I'm too new to post pics, but google 'bubble lights'. They are small liquid-filled lights that look like candles. When the liquid heats up, it 'bubbles' internally. Very retro and cool!

ikey2
09-08-2009, 03:28 PM
They are lights that were very popular in the 1950's , they were invited in the 20-30's i believe and here is a wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_light)about them.

tinkerbell2
09-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm too new to post pics, but google 'bubble lights'. They are small liquid-filled lights that look like candles. When the liquid heats up, it 'bubbles' internally. Very retro and cool!

thanks i will google them!!!!!:santa-smiley:

tinkerbell2
09-08-2009, 03:29 PM
They are lights that were very popular in the 1950's , they were invited in the 20-30's i believe and here is a wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_light)about them.

they look ok.....but never seen them before!!!!

Kittyskyfish
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
they look ok.....but never seen them before!!!!

Bubble lights are very old-school. If you're not a fan of them, I can completely understand bubble lights going under your radar. I sometimes see them in well-stocked holiday sections but I'm a fan of all things "Christmas Electrics" so I'm likely to notice them. I think I've only seen them on a store display tree once, and even then I'm not so sure...

tinkerbell2
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Bubble lights are very old-school. If you're not a fan of them, I can completely understand bubble lights going under your radar. I sometimes see them in well-stocked holiday sections but I'm a fan of all things "Christmas Electrics" so I'm likely to notice them. I think I've only seen them on a store display tree once, and even then I'm not so sure...

here in the uk i dont think i've seen them anywhere....:santa-smiley:

Kittyskyfish
09-08-2009, 04:10 PM
here in the uk i dont think i've seen them anywhere....:santa-smiley:

That's the thing about living in the US - we buy all sorts of junk. if it can be thought up, someone is selling it here. I'm sure I can find an Elvis-head Bubble light somewhere if I look hard enough!! Well, not sure about a James Brown bubble light, but definitely Elvis. :)

tinkerbell2
09-08-2009, 04:11 PM
That's the thing about living in the US - we buy all sorts of junk. if it can be thought up, someone is selling it here. I'm sure I can find an Elvis-head Bubble light somewhere if I look hard enough!! Well, not sure about a James Brown bubble light, but definitely Elvis. :)

ooohh thats funny..:santa-smiley:

dougahearn
09-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Interesting. Have never heard of bubble lights until now, but they sound pretty cool. I'll need to Google it and find out more.

dees473
09-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Check out this site. They are pretty reasonable. They kinda look cute.
http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/ChristmasLightsCategory.asp?CategoryID=39 :rudolph:

devoy26
09-30-2009, 10:24 AM
i think bubble lights are very retro and very cool. i like my tree to be bright and contain multicolour lights. i dont like trees with one colour lights. bid drab.

kimmy
10-02-2009, 06:24 PM
ive never seen them, but just clicked on the link and they look pretty good, they are different than the usually lights, if i ever seen them i would buy them.

Smokyturtle
10-02-2009, 09:23 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the bubble lights!! Had them on the tree growing up!! I want some more!!

tjdmall
10-05-2009, 02:21 PM
I have a small set I bought in the 80's and some of the lights no longer make bubbles so I am looking for a new set this year

ikey2
10-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I have a small set I bought in the 80's and some of the lights no longer make bubbles so I am looking for a new set this year

Walmart, Target and Big lots had them last year.. I was at big lots yesterday and they already had half of the Christmas stuff up and were still working on the display so ill check back in a few days and see if they have them