PDA

View Full Version : Kids constantly changing

Christmasplease
09-05-2009, 11:49 PM
My kids have changed their minds 4 times already regarding their Birthday an Christmas gifts.:presents3: I hate waiting to shop.

olga
09-06-2009, 06:12 AM
My kids have changed their minds 4 times already regarding their Birthday an Christmas gifts.:presents3: I hate waiting to shop.

Lucky you.... :rudolph:

tinkerbell2
09-08-2009, 04:22 PM

we used to get ours to make a list each and then we would pick what they were

having,but they didn't know what!!!

Christmasplease
09-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Now my almost 15 yr. old wants a laptop. Hmm, a laptop. Her Birthday is in November and her brother just had one in Sept. and her other Brother's is in Oct. and mhy Husband's is Dec. Like I'm going to have money for a laptop!:jumping:

tinkerbell2
09-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Now my almost 15 yr. old wants a laptop. Hmm, a laptop. Her Birthday is in November and her brother just had one in Sept. and her other Brother's is in Oct. and mhy Husband's is Dec. Like I'm going to have money for a laptop!:jumping:

now that is quite a predicament you have there.!!!

i have nearly the same ,with mine one on sept 2nd then one on sept 16th then on

october4th....so no biggy presents there ....they have them for christmas...:santa-smiley:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM

We raised four kids and had the same problem because kids do change their minds. But then so do I! Now we have almost a dozen grandchildren. I've decide that when I'm a little older, the grandchildren will all get money. Then their parents can take them shopping and I won't have to worry about it.

With birthdays so close to Christmas, you have to set the money aside in the spring.

Christmasplease
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM
now that is quite a predicament you have there.!!!

i have nearly the same ,with mine one on sept 2nd then one on sept 16th then on

october4th....so no biggy presents there ....they have them for christmas...:santa-smiley:

Ahh, I see. Hmm. I always planned to get the bigger presents for their Birthday's because we have so many other people to buy fr at Christmas, but man it's almost the same because they're Birthdays are so close to Christmas:dizzy:

tinkerbell2
09-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Ahh, I see. Hmm. I always planned to get the bigger presents for their Birthday's because we have so many other people to buy fr at Christmas, but man it's almost the same because they're Birthdays are so close to Christmas:dizzy:

we are lucky there ,we have not many at all to by for, and as the two eldest are in there

20s they have money....we just do the two youngest...but they usaully get money

to do as they please with..:santa-smiley: it works for us..:santa-smiley:

ok they do get some small presents:presents3:

dougahearn
09-08-2009, 07:20 PM
I have two kids, a 5 and a 8yrs old. Thankfully they are not too picky about what we get them. They're pretty content getting a few things for Christmas. It's the grandparents I have to watch out for...they usually go crazy with the gifts...LOL.

kimmy
09-17-2009, 10:56 AM
hmmmm, my daughter who is 8 is exactly the same, she can never make up her mind, she will see an advert for something on telly and will be like, that looks good i want to get that for christmas, until she sees the next advert :santahat:.
she has now done a list with 10 main presents for christmas and she says she is going to keep to the list but i no she will change her mind :dizzy:

ikey2
09-17-2009, 11:05 AM
hmmmm, my daughter who is 8 is exactly the same, she can never make up her mind, she will see an advert for something on telly and will be like, that looks good i want to get that for christmas, until she sees the next advert :santahat:.
she has now done a list with 10 main presents for christmas and she says she is going to keep to the list but i no she will change her mind :dizzy:

That's the trap of advertisements, they have 30 seconds to a minutate to grab the kids attention and make that be the it thing at the moment.

BTW does anyone know what this years most wanted gift is this year?? Usally hear about it by no later then OCt each year.

AmyK
09-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I guess I'm lucky my stepdaughter rarely asks for anything specific! I don't think she even knows about Christmas lists, though...
We usually just pick presents and hope she likes 'em; she's fairly easy to please, though, so she likes just about everything she gets.

Philmore
09-30-2009, 09:31 AM
. . . way back when I was a kid, we didn't usually get our first choices at Christmas. Our Mom & Dad did the Santa's List method and we would usually get one or two of the things we asked for, depending on the cost, of course! ;D

Clip Art Guy
10-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Consider buying them a retro gift like Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots or Creepy Crawlers work shop! They'll have a blast and so will you as your transported back in time of Christmas' past :)

ChristmasFanatic
10-18-2009, 06:49 PM
When I was a kid, seems like all the big store put out nice Christmas catalogs...I seem to remember a JCPenney, Sears and Mongomery Ward catalog in the house, but seems Sears was the big one. Mom would give us the catalog and I would sit down with it and circle the things I wanted or put my name next to it and then my younger brother would have his turn and possibly my youngest brother, but he was so little, I can't remember if he took part in that. When I was a kid, Christmas and our birthday was about the only time in the year, we actually got 'gifts'. Oh, we might get a small gift once in a great while, but not often and as a result, those two days were big times for us.

onemagicalchristmas
10-18-2009, 11:55 PM
When I was a kid, seems like all the big store put out nice Christmas catalogs...I seem to remember a JCPenney, Sears and Mongomery Ward catalog in the house, but seems Sears was the big one. Mom would give us the catalog and I would sit down with it and circle the things I wanted or put my name next to it and then my younger brother would have his turn and possibly my youngest brother, but he was so little, I can't remember if he took part in that. When I was a kid, Christmas and our birthday was about the only time in the year, we actually got 'gifts'. Oh, we might get a small gift once in a great while, but not often and as a result, those two days were big times for us.

Same here. I guess that is why I enjoy giving gifts during the holidays!

ChristmasFanatic
10-19-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree, seeing the looks on the faces of family, when they open my/our gifts, makes me one big, fuzzy, warm, smile! :elf1:

mithun
10-20-2009, 03:14 AM
Christma is the only time in the year i spent money this much...
Looooooots.... of gifts, Apparels, Candys..... ohm.... i too cant wait for a Xmas shopping..