PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree

dees473
09-02-2009, 03:29 PM
I am looking for a good Christmas tree that will last for years to come. Anyone know where I can find one at a decent price?:merrychristmas:

MacShirts
09-02-2009, 03:36 PM
One year I was visiting my mom at her shop in an outdoor swapmeet, and found a shop selling 6ft realistic trees that I got for 15 dollars each! Maybe you can check out a place like that where the prices arent set in stone, that way when it gets closer to Christmas they just let them go for cheap

tinkerbell2
09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I am looking for a good Christmas tree that will last for years to come. Anyone know where I can find one at a decent price?:merrychristmas:

hello :waving:

now ours is artificial and has lasted nearly 10 years..there is some pictures of it somewhere

on here...!!!!!

ikey2
09-02-2009, 03:57 PM
IF I were to pick up a Tree now adays i would pick up some of the Trees with the fiberoptic lights on them.

http://www.artificial-christmas-tree.com/

Shanniclause
09-02-2009, 04:11 PM
A lot of places have trees and ornaments for super cheap Thanksgiving weekend as part of a Thanksgiving sell. Anyone looking for trees, keep an eye out for these deals!

ikey2
09-02-2009, 04:12 PM
thats a great point as well

dees473
09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Actually, I just found a site that looks like it would be a good site to try. From what I see all the trees have 10 year warranties
http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/artificial-christmas-trees.htm

SnowAngel
09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I bought mine at a discount store (National Liquidator's, I think) and it has lasted me about 6 years so far. I do have to add some filler to it though as it does look sparse.

MelindaB
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I bought an artificial Christmas tree at ChristmasLightsEtc.com http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/artificial-christmas-trees.htm and it was truly an amazing tree. I can't wait to open it. I think it is called the Hawthorne - it was frosted with berries and little pine cones. So, so pretty.:tree:

tinkerbell2
09-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I bought an artificial Christmas tree at ChristmasLightsEtc.com http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/artificial-christmas-trees.htm and it was truly an amazing tree. I can't wait to open it. I think it is called the Hawthorne - it was frosted with berries and little pine cones. So, so pretty.:tree:

they look all good!!:santa-smiley:

skolapper
09-04-2009, 10:03 PM
We always have a real tree at Christmas.....still have to go get one for this year. Lots of trees for sale in Brandon. I can get a good tree for around 30. We have more decorations than we need...inherited lots over the past couple of years.

olga
09-05-2009, 04:11 AM
We always have a real tree at Christmas.....still have to go get one for this year. Lots of trees for sale in Brandon. I can get a good tree for around 30. We have more decorations than we need...inherited lots over the past couple of years.

We never wanted to have a real one in my house, so we always had the best artifical one...

This year, Im buying a new one, taller and wider... :candycane1:

Kittyskyfish
09-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I've had really good luck at Treeclassics.com. Two of my full-sized artificial trees are from them and they are much denser and detailed than trees I've seen in stores. They sell pre-lit trees with LED lights, traditional lights and non-lit trees, as well. My oldest Tree Classics tree is 6 seasons old and still looks amazing!

Donna-50
09-08-2009, 11:08 PM
I've heard that TreeClassics has some beautiful trees. I purchased mine the year before last in Michael's for 70% off. It is not as full as my old one that I should have kept but wanted to try a prelit. Prelit's are super heavy also.

Merry Christmas Darling
09-09-2009, 03:11 AM
I bought my short trees at Hobby Lobby.

Donna-50
09-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Wish I had a Hobby Lobby. The closest one is about 4 hours away.:mad:

Kittyskyfish
09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Wish I had a Hobby Lobby. The closest one is about 4 hours away.:mad:

Where are you in Florida? I used to live in St. Pete and was fortunate enough to live near Robert's Christmas Wonderland in Clearwater. :love:

Donna-50
09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Where are you in Florida? I used to live in St. Pete and was fortunate enough to live near Robert's Christmas Wonderland in Clearwater. :love:

I'm over by Ft. Myers. I think next time I am up there I will have to take a look in that Christmas store. Is it open year round?

Kittyskyfish
09-10-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm over by Ft. Myers. I think next time I am up there I will have to take a look in that Christmas store. Is it open year round?

Yes! It's open year-round and it's a really neat place to visit. The store is very large and divided into two zones. The front room has a huge Dept. 56 display and lots of ornaments/collectibles. The back room is intentionally dark to show off Christmas lights and all the lit-up Christmas trees. I'm guessing there are between 30-45 trees on display, all sizes. Robert's is a great place to buy hard-to-find lights.

Here's a link (http://www.flickr.com/photos/leebennett/sets/72157594436998798/) of some Robert's pictures.

Their website (http://www.robertscw.com/) for hours and directions. :)

olga
09-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Yes! It's open year-round and it's a really neat place to visit. The store is very large and divided into two zones. The front room has a huge Dept. 56 display and lots of ornaments/collectibles. The back room is intentionally dark to show off Christmas lights and all the lit-up Christmas trees. I'm guessing there are between 30-45 trees on display, all sizes. Robert's is a great place to buy hard-to-find lights.

Here's a link (http://www.flickr.com/photos/leebennett/sets/72157594436998798/) of some Robert's pictures.

Their website (http://www.robertscw.com/) for hours and directions. :)

Hey, thats great!! A Christmas store that stays open all the year?? Wow!!
I wish we had too, here..

olga
09-10-2009, 08:31 AM

Hey, sorry for the delay!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome: !!!!

Its so great we have become such a big family!!! :yahoo:

Kittyskyfish
09-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey, sorry for the delay!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome: !!!!

Its so great we have become such a big family!!! :yahoo:

Yeah, I just noticed! Welcome skolapper!! I'm a newbie too and having a great time here! :waving::waving: At risk of creating a double entendre, the more...the merrier!

Olga - Robert's was so nice to visit when I had bad days. Coming home from a hard day at work, I'd detour north a bit to the store. Standing in the christmas tree room never failed to cheer me up! :yahoo:

olga
09-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Olga - Robert's was so nice to visit when I had bad days. Coming home from a hard day at work, I'd detour north a bit to the store. Standing in the christmas tree room never failed to cheer me up! :yahoo:

Ok!! :mad: Youre so lucky that you have Christmas stores open all year...

I do not!!! :mad: I do not!!! :mad: I do not!!! :mad:

(where exactly do you live?)

Donna-50
09-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the links KSF. I do need to go visit that store, but I really don't need more decorations but some how they seem to follow me home.:singing:

Kittyskyfish
09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Ok!! :mad: Youre so lucky that you have Christmas stores open all year...

I do not!!! :mad: I do not!!! :mad: I do not!!! :mad:

(where exactly do you live?)

I used to live in Florida but four years ago DH and I moved to the Dallas area of Texas. We have a year-round Christmas shop here too, amazingly. lol! Not as big as Robert's but few Christmas stores can be that big.

Over here, Christmas stores are found around tourist traps. Have you heard of any in Greece? Or maybe it's an American thing. Hmmm!

~~~~~

Donna - always travel with a rational companion. They can wrestle you away from impulse purchases if you can't resist! :jumping:

Holiday Mom
09-10-2009, 08:19 PM
We have a gorgeous Christmas store in a small town near our home - which we visit every year to pick out our ornaments.

Because I am allergic to all coniferous trees we never have a real one, so to make up for the hunt to find the perfect tree each year, we make a special trip out to this christmas store to pick out the perfect ornament - each person gets to pick one out.

I found my tree a couple of years ago. There was this amazing door crasher sale at Linenes and Things and they had a 7 foot artificle tree, pre-light with remote controled lights (that's right - remote controled). It was on for $115 for one day only. I was broke - it was 2 days before pay day and I had no cash. I called my dad and told him about it. He lent me the money and brought me out in his truck to pick it up. While he was there he bought one for himself and his best friend (after a quick call to tell him abut it). Now we all have this awesome tree, and we got it for such a great price.

Just keep an eye on the flyers and have some cash ready to jump on the early season tree sales.

olga
09-11-2009, 04:51 AM
I used to live in Florida but four years ago DH and I moved to the Dallas area of Texas. We have a year-round Christmas shop here too, amazingly. lol! Not as big as Robert's but few Christmas stores can be that big.

Over here, Christmas stores are found around tourist traps. Have you heard of any in Greece? Or maybe it's an American thing. Hmmm!

Bah!! Humbug!! There is nothing like this in Greece... :sad elf:

olga
09-11-2009, 04:58 AM
We have a gorgeous Christmas store in a small town near our home - which we visit every year to pick out our ornaments.

Because I am allergic to all coniferous trees we never have a real one, so to make up for the hunt to find the perfect tree each year, we make a special trip out to this christmas store to pick out the perfect ornament - each person gets to pick one out.

I found my tree a couple of years ago. There was this amazing door crasher sale at Linenes and Things and they had a 7 foot artificle tree, pre-light with remote controled lights (that's right - remote controled). It was on for $115 for one day only. I was broke - it was 2 days before pay day and I had no cash. I called my dad and told him about it. He lent me the money and brought me out in his truck to pick it up. While he was there he bought one for himself and his best friend (after a quick call to tell him abut it). Now we all have this awesome tree, and we got it for such a great price.

Just keep an eye on the flyers and have some cash ready to jump on the early season tree sales.

You are absolutely right! :gelf:

Now, Im waiting next month for early season tree sales, so that I can buy ny new artificial tree. The guy who owns the store, makes some Christmas offers before Christmas season and tress are some of them.

Just cant wait.... :mad:

LookingforwardtoChristmas
09-26-2009, 09:02 AM

i've just bought mine from this place http://www.christmas-tree-company.co.uk/christmas-trees-products/artificial-christmas-trees/foxdale-fir-artificial-christmas-tree.html

Not seen it in person as only just ordered however it was a decent price once the 10% discount was taken off, free delivery to boot.