PDA

View Full Version : Dogs and Trees

Christmasplease
08-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi, does anyone have trouble with their tree ornaments and their dogs? We have a mini tree with plastic ornaments and the dog takes them off and plays with them and chew on them.:mad:

ikey2
08-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi, does anyone have trouble with their tree ornaments and their dogs? We have a mini tree with plastic ornaments and the dog takes them off and plays with them and chew on them.:mad:

That sounds cute to me, However we had a similiar issue with a Kitten a few years ago. We ended up having to do the old squirt bottle trick to stop it. :christmastree:

olga
08-28-2009, 09:18 AM

How old is your dog?
Because, mine, for the first 1-2 years used to sleep inside the manger, after having eaten 3 Kings and Jesus...

Suddenly, when he turned 2, he calmed down... :angel:

Shanniclause
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
I have a 3 year old bassett hound.

He has gotten a lot better at not playing with the ornaments over the last couple of years.

Now he is just too lazy to play with em :)

Christmasplease
08-28-2009, 05:58 PM
How old is your dog?
Because, mine, for the first 1-2 years used to sleep inside the manger, after having eaten 3 Kings and Jesus...

Suddenly, when he turned 2, he calmed down... :angel:

My guy is 9 believe it or not. He's a mini-poodle and still full of energy. Thankfully he doesn't touch the main tree with the breakable ornaments.:christmastree:

olga
08-29-2009, 06:44 AM
My guy is 9 believe it or not. He's a mini-poodle and still full of energy. Thankfully he doesn't touch the main tree with the breakable ornaments.:christmastree:

Mine, after becoming 2 years old, used to sleep at night near the tree.. (he has died)
But I have to say that until he gets 2, he really broke my nerves!! :dizzy:

olga
08-29-2009, 06:05 PM

He has gotten a lot better at not playing with the ornaments over the last couple of years.

Have you tried leaving him alone home with the tree? :candycane1:

onemagicalchristmas
08-30-2009, 08:25 PM

I have a bassett hound mix who loves to sleep under the tree before we put presents under it. He is the cutest little present I could ask for. but my dogs never messed with our trees.:christmastree:

olga
08-31-2009, 04:29 AM
I have a bassett hound mix who loves to sleep under the tree before we put presents under it. He is the cutest little present I could ask for. but my dogs never messed with our trees.:christmastree:

You are very lucky!! For 2 years, I was decorating again and again and again!!!
Everyday, he did something...

My dog was really something else... :santa:

Shanniclause
08-31-2009, 08:51 AM
We havent left him alone with the tree yet. May try that this year.

By Christmas, my child should be starting to crawl, so the dog wont be the only thing I fear getting into the tree! lol

:tree:

olga
08-31-2009, 09:00 AM
We havent left him alone with the tree yet. May try that this year.

By Christmas, my child should be starting to crawl, so the dog wont be the only thing I fear getting into the tree! lol

:tree:

Ha ha!! :candycane1::candycane1:
Ok, your tree must be a hero !!

Shanniclause
08-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Ha ha!! :candycane1::candycane1:
Ok, your tree must be a hero !!

hehehe :presents3:

EllfGirl
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I have 10 years old cocker but we never had such a problem... Maybe dog toys would withdraw his attention from the plastic ornaments? Or maybe your plastic ornaments remind him of his dog toys?

Shanniclause
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Does anyone else here get their pets a present for Christmas?

ikey2
08-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Does anyone else here get their pets a present for Christmas?

No pets anymore, but when I did i would buy the stockings for them at pet store.

EllfGirl
08-31-2009, 02:37 PM
I always do! Last year my dog got many treats, new collar and a ball (he loves balls the most!:presents2: )

Shanniclause
08-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Im actually going to buy my dog a new bed today.

For Xmas, its usually some new bones to play with, a couple of toys and reindeer antlers! :dizzy:

olga
09-01-2009, 05:06 AM
I have 10 years old cocker but we never had such a problem... Maybe dog toys would withdraw his attention from the plastic ornaments? Or maybe your plastic ornaments remind him of his dog toys?

Bah!! Humbug!! I do not think so!!
My dog probably had a thing with Christmas Tree from the day he was born.
For 2 years, he was ruining the manger, Jesus and 3 kings. I believe that he used to see the Manger as his bed corner, thats why he used to destroy everything near the tree.. :christmastree:

olga
09-01-2009, 05:07 AM

I love Cockers!!!! :dance:

EllfGirl
09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Im actually going to buy my dog a new bed today.

For Xmas, its usually some new bones to play with, a couple of toys and reindeer antlers! :dizzy:

My dog had reindeer antlers too! It was in 2007 I think.... But he wasn't very happy with them:D
http://i25.tinypic.com/4lh84n.jpg

Shanniclause
09-01-2009, 11:16 AM
My dog had reindeer antlers too! It was in 2007 I think.... But he wasn't very happy with them:D

Thats an awesome pic :)

He dosent seem to like em to much but Im sure you did!!!

Thanks for sharing:presents1:

EllfGirl
09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
I love Cockers!!!! :dance:

Cockers are cuties! Perfect family dogs :smitten::dance:

ikey2
09-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Awww so cute.

tinkerbell2
09-01-2009, 12:07 PM
sooooo cute !!!:santa-smiley:

EllfGirl
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Glad you liked! :kinky elf:

Shanniclause
09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Cute dog!

How old was the dog in this pic?

olga
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM

Yep!! He seems not really enjoying it!! But he a very cute doggy... :smitten:

EllfGirl
09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Cute dog!

How old was the dog in this pic?

He was 8 in the photo, now he is 10 years old... He's getting older and older, sleeps way more now:sad elf:

olga
09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
He was 8 in the photo, now he is 10 years old... He's getting older and older, sleeps way more now:sad elf:

Take good care of him and never stop playing with him even if he seems he does not want to.. He always need that, even if he is too tired to ask for it... :smitten:

EllfGirl
09-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Yep!! He seems not really enjoying it!! But he a very cute doggy... :smitten:

Aww thanks Olga!:) He sends you tail wags:jumping:

olga
09-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Aww thanks Olga!:) He sends you tail wags:jumping:

You should give him a big kiss from me!!! :smitten::smitten:

EllfGirl
09-01-2009, 05:05 PM
You should give him a big kiss from me!!! :smitten::smitten:

I promise I will!:rudolph:

Christmasplease
09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
I buy my dog a toy every year. It's hard though because my husband has asthma and if the toy is furry and wet my husband flares up. If the toy is plastic, the dog chews it to smitherenes. It's difficult. Hmm, maybe that's it. My dog is warning me that he better have gift under that tree every year or he will continue to eat my plastic ornaments under the mini tree!!:mad:

olga
09-02-2009, 04:41 AM
I buy my dog a toy every year. It's hard though because my husband has asthma and if the toy is furry and wet my husband flares up. If the toy is plastic, the dog chews it to smitherenes. It's difficult. Hmm, maybe that's it. My dog is warning me that he better have gift under that tree every year or he will continue to eat my plastic ornaments under the mini tree!!:mad:

Ha!! Its so funny.. :candycane1::candycane1:

Anyway, why don't you try rope toys? I used to buy for my doggy.. :smitten: