PDA

View Full Version : Where did Santa put your gifts

Christmasplease
08-21-2009, 07:08 PM
:santa:Santa used to put my gifts at the end of my bed unwrapped. I had other gifts under the tree from everyone else.

Mistletoe
08-22-2009, 02:47 AM
How interesting. I was just wondering about kids who had their stockings at the foot of their beds. Did other kids you know have the same thing? Unwrapped and everything?

Christmasplease
08-22-2009, 04:44 PM
How interesting. I was just wondering about kids who had their stockings at the foot of their beds. Did other kids you know have the same thing? Unwrapped and everything?

Honestly, I don't know. I never thought to ask. I thought that's how everyone got their Santa gifts until I got older and saw them under the tree in Christmas movies. Mine weren't in a stocking either, they were just place neatly on the floor at the end of my bed.

olga
08-22-2009, 08:47 PM
In Greece, Santa brings presents on New Years Eve.. :santa-smiley:
and we always find them under the Christmas tree, when the clock strikes twelve..

onemagicalchristmas
08-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Santa always left our gifts unwrapped under the christmas tree! we also had stockings!

Christmasplease
08-23-2009, 03:19 PM
and we always find them under the Christmas tree, when the clock strikes twelve..

Do you open any presents Christmas morning?:presents3:

olga
08-23-2009, 04:00 PM

Unfortunately, not.. :mad:

Mistletoe
08-24-2009, 08:57 PM

Hmm...so Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are only the religious holiday and New Year's Eve is your secular Christmas?

Shanniclause
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Under the tree!:christmastree:

olga
08-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Hmm...so Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are only the religious holiday and New Year's Eve is your secular Christmas?

You could say that..:gelf:

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 01:37 PM
No that Im a father for the first time, I get to start my own tradition, including where Im gonna put the gifts..

hmmmmmm

tinkerbell2
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
i think my parents put them in a wardrobe!!!

not that i can remember many christmas's cause they never really got into it:sad elf:

so that's why i go overboard now:yahoo:

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 03:51 PM
My mom is a xmas fanatic. Guess thats where I get it :santahat:

I cant wait to spread the tradition on to my son.

Luckily for me, Im 6'8".Ill just hide the gifts somewhere really high!

olga
08-27-2009, 04:01 PM

I imagine you and your son, in 5-6 years, decorating home !!!
Thats when you ll love Christmas even more!!! :gelf:

ikey2
08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
In a Van Down By the River.... I could not Resist the temptation to say that ....

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/5/744/13635_512x288_manicured__QeLC4pd6tE2dcSxlUz6AFA.jp g

tinkerbell2
08-27-2009, 06:42 PM

i'll hide mine somewhere on the floor i'm 4'10":dizzy:

ikey2
08-27-2009, 06:47 PM

lol, Wow I actully feel tall for a change heheheheh....... :jumping:

I am not really good at hiding things, or keeping secrets. Heck the wife will usually trick me in telling her where i hid them or what it is. :presents1:

tinkerbell2
08-27-2009, 06:50 PM
us wives are good at that....mind trickery!!

Christmasplease
08-27-2009, 07:26 PM

Yes, we are!:gelf:

ikey2
08-27-2009, 07:37 PM

The Force is strong with them...:yahoo:

tinkerbell2
08-27-2009, 07:39 PM

there's not much they can get away with!!

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Wives have more force than Yoda :dizzy:

Christmasplease
08-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Wives have more force than Yoda :dizzy:

Yah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gelf:

Mistletoe
08-27-2009, 11:08 PM

Haha...that's a good one. :santahat:

noelglori
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
My gifts were layed out under the tree. I never had a stocking. LOL, well at least we never had a mess of torn wrapping paper to clean up.

I always wrapped the gifts for my kids and they always had a stocking.

Shanniclause
08-31-2009, 05:22 PM
We always had a stocking full of fruit and candy hanging over the fireplace, and gifts were wrapped under the :christmastree:

lialia
11-24-2009, 12:01 PM
We find them under the fir tree. But kids used to find a candy in the stocking for the whole Christmas season until the Three Kings:elf3:

ornamentmaven
11-25-2009, 01:18 AM
Gifts were always placed under the tree - wrapped - by Santa

EllfGirl
11-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Always under the tree :elf3:

steph535
11-25-2009, 03:32 AM
hmm, I have different recollections of Christmas from when I was a child. I remember Santa leaving one or two little gifts, unwrapped, for each of us four children, on the hearth in front of the fireplace. But then, I can also remember opening wrapped presents under the tree that said, 'from Santa." The only gift that I can actually remember from Santa (which was on the hearth) was a 'complexion' brush. I got a pink one and my sister got a blue one. (or maybe it was the other way around) It was neither my favorite or least favorite gift, so I don't know why I happen to remember that particular present. Anyway, it was a soft bristle brush that you used to wash your face.

SnowAngel
11-27-2009, 12:38 PM
The gifts are always under and surrounding the tree.

Merry Christmas Darling
11-27-2009, 04:06 PM
I stopped believing in Santa one month before I turned five. I don't remember any unwrapped gifts in my bedroom or under the tree(except what was hidden in the attic, and Sis said we weren't supposed to find even though we did). We didn't do stockings. I think all the gifts were from Santa before that, but who remembers trying to read gift tags before you can read?

:gelf:

tinkerbell2
11-27-2009, 10:31 PM
All ours were put under the tree...:tree1:

olga
11-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Under the tree, but I never saw Santa putting them there....Maybe he will come this Christmas...

:elf2:

onemagicalchristmas
11-28-2009, 08:27 AM
under the tree

JollyElfDC
11-28-2009, 12:24 PM
In my house, the gifts were always under the tree, and the stockings were always in the living room as well.

I know my mother used to tell me that when she was a child they hung their stockings at the foot of the bed. I'm not sure why she changed it when she had her own kids.

I remember the kids down the street from us always got their presents from Santa in their bedrooms.

I personaly think the living room is better. I would be afraid of waking a child putting gifts in the bedroom. You might have to do some fancy explaining.

markgbarba1987
11-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Santa places my gift on the floor near the door of my room... one time he hang it on wall... hehe :presents3:

Noel
12-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Santa always put presents under the christmas tree.
But nowadays Santa is very upset because Filou the cat and Louna the dog love to steal them and runaway with them. Very difficult to be a santa claus in my house LOL !:tree1:

olga
12-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Santa always put presents under the christmas tree.
But nowadays Santa is very upset because Filou the cat and Louna the dog love to steal them and runaway with them. Very difficult to be a santa claus in my house LOL !:tree1:

Ha! I can almost imagine happening what youre saying... Well, I bet you must have a lot of laughs...

:gelf: :gelf: :gelf:

:merrychristmas:

kam1187
05-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Our presents were always under the tree and our stocking were always hung up too!

Elf_Erv
05-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Santa always put our gifts under the Christmas tree, the stockings would be leaned up against the gifts. When I was very young we had one of them cardboard Christmas fireplaces and the stockings would be leaned up against it, much to full and heavy to actually hang from it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Javern/Christmas/santafire.gif

jamaicabraden
08-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Interesting post :) Well, I usually find gifts at the bottom of our christmas trees (http://www.balsamhill.com/) and it is wrapped.

mcjakeqcool
08-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Under da tree an in ta stockings. STILL DOES!

Elvira1986
08-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Our presents would be neatly wrapped with a gifttag from Santa under the tree. We don't do stockings at my parents home. I do have one for both of us(and one for the dog:singing:)here, but they are for decoration I don't use them for presents.

stephmcuk
08-24-2010, 11:13 PM
always been under the tree for us to.

one of my friends used to get hers in her bedroom when we were kids which i though was wierd.

Elf_Erv
08-25-2010, 12:00 AM
some of them were so big I don't know how he got them down the chimney

:santa2:

mcjakeqcool
08-27-2010, 05:18 PM

Why not? I get myne under da tree.

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 03:52 AM
All gifts under the tree & small stuff in the stockings.

Christmas_mama
11-02-2010, 04:03 AM
We used to hang a stocking (yes, an actual stocking - the type a woman would put on her leg) on the end of our bed, and in the morning it would be full of wrapped up presents! I remember I'd wake up throughout the night and, without opening my eyes, I'd stretch out my legs to feel if He had been yet! If I couldn't feel anything at the end of my bed I'd go back to sleep until one hour I'd stretch out and feel a big heavy lump on the end of my bed... then I'd wake up and feel it out with my hands in the dark! I'd squint throug the stocking and feel the presents inside! I'd then jump around going, "He's been He's been!" and wake up my sister and brother! My poor mum (who I now know with hindsight had probably only just gone to bed herself after placing the presents there on the end of my bed!) would be tell us we had to wait until 8am to open them and we had to go and watch cartoons until then! It was agony sitting in the lounge with our stockings and not being allowed to open them! At 8am my mum would get up and we'd all sit in the living room and open our stockings in our PJs!

After our pressies from Santa were opened we'd get dressed and while my mum cooked the Christmas roast my sister and brother and I would play with our toys from our stockings and maybe wander down to my Nan and Grandads who lived a few doors down.

We had presents under the tree from family, but we weren't allowed to unwrap them until after Christmas dinner! When we had the presents from under the tree, my brother would hand them out until we all had a pile of presents in front of us. Then we had to take it in turns to open them one at a time (eg I'd open one, then my brother, then my sister one of hers, and then my mum... then it would be back to me etc).

I loved the way things were and do the same for my daughters now :-) I think the anticipation is half the fun and while they have their stockings in the morning to keep them going their pressies from family can wait until after dinner - otherwise it's all over as soon as it's begun!

Christmas_mama
11-02-2010, 04:07 AM
some of them were so big I don't know how he got them down the chimney

:santa2:

With magic of course! This reminds me of a conversation I had with my 4 year old brother and nephew recently:

Nephew: Auntie?

Me: Yes?

Nephew: I don't have a chimney... so how will Father Christmas bring me my presents?

Me: Oh... Err... I'm not sure! Maybe he'll come in the window...

4 year old brother: Noooooooooo Don't be SILLY! Father Christmas is magickt didn't you know?! He MAGICS a chimney to come down!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 04:26 AM
With magic of course! This reminds me of a conversation I had with my 4 year old brother and nephew recently:

Nephew: Auntie?

Me: Yes?

Nephew: I don't have a chimney... so how will Father Christmas bring me my presents?

Me: Oh... Err... I'm not sure! Maybe he'll come in the window...

4 year old brother: Noooooooooo Don't be SILLY! Father Christmas is magickt didn't you know?! He MAGICS a chimney to come down!

We actually have a "magic" key on a big, red ribbon that we hang outside the front door. It's how Santa gets in to leave the presents. Then, he eats the cookies, drinks the milk...and leaves the key sitting on the empty plate. Problem solved! ;)

Christmas_mama
11-02-2010, 04:28 AM
We actually have a "magic" key on a big, red ribbon that we hang outside the front door. It's how Santa gets in to leave the presents. Then, he eats the cookies, drinks the milk...and leaves the key sitting on the empty plate. Problem solved! ;)

Ohh I like your thinking!

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Ohh I like your thinking!

Thanks! Last year, my 4 year old made it his priority to hang the key! It's his responsibility now, moving forward! :)

christmasislove
06-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Santa always wrapped my gifts and put them under the tree on Christmas eve....I always got confused when some of my friends got their presents unwrapped by Santa, but I always thought opening the gifts were half the fun! :santa2:

& we didn't have a chimney growing up either, our parents always told us santa could walk right through the door without opening it, we always thought it was so cool!

Jordan
06-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Santa always wrapped my gifts and put them under the tree on Christmas eve....I always got confused when some of my friends got their presents unwrapped by Santa, but I always thought opening the gifts were half the fun! :santa2:

I was one of those people. Santa didn't wrap his gifts. He just kinda displayed them around a chair, where my stocking usually sat. I could always tell my gifts from Santa apart from those my parents gave me because my parents always wrapped their gifts to me.

stephmcuk
08-28-2011, 09:10 PM
loved everyones stories, my girls still get theres under the tree...or just in front if they are to big to go under.

mikaldinho
08-29-2011, 01:07 AM
We have stocking in our house, which we hang up on the landing near the bedrooms.

we dont have a fireplace, but we do have a "magic" key, which we hang out for santa to use, so that he can get in without a fireplace :)

ornamentmaven
08-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Alot of families have the tradition of leaving gifts from Santa unwrapped. My parents always wrapped Santa gifts unless they were huge, like a bicycle. I followed the same rule of thumb with my kids. It is easier and cheaper not to wrap these gifts, but so much more exciting to have to unwrap them. If they are all sitting unwrapped, the child doesn't know which way to look first! Unwrapping one at a time lets them appreciate each one on its own.

thomas.kevin
09-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Didn't Know about that where is Santa Put the gifts.\

Did you know???:merrychristmas::carols:

Merry Christmas Darling
09-18-2011, 03:32 AM
Well, Santa skipped our house. We didn't leave him any cookies! I guess that's why I never got a bike!

My mother put two gifts under the tree for each of her children (one toy or book and one item of clothing). They were always wrapped. We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve. One Christmas I was disappointed with both gifts. We never did stockings but our tree was beautiful and we had a scrumptious turkey dinner (on Christmas Day) and pumpkin pie for dessert.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Food/l_libbys_pumpkin_pie_filling.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Food/LibbysPumpkinPieatlesliehawesdotcom.jpg

BridgetMcdonald
04-06-2012, 04:35 PM
In my family there is a tradition that Santa leave his presents near the window..We tell our children that it is very convenient for Santa to get the window while he is flying.

Noelle
08-27-2012, 12:39 PM
My oldest brother is severely autistic, so the seemingly traditional "Free For All" method that is typically shown in movies (and how my parents did it when they were growing up) had to be thrown out the window because the free for all would've been overly stimulating to him and if he's not happy, nobody's happy.

Because of this, we do Christmas in stations.

Unwrapped presents have their own tree. This is the first station we do, and is the closest to the free for all. This is a "Kid's Only!" station and was typically where the awkwardly/obviously shaped presents went. This one has kinda filtered out as we've gotten older. :tree1:
Wrapped presents also have their own tree and it's in a separate location. This is the second station that we do. Presents are unwrapped one at a time while everyone watches you and "oohs and ahhs" over what you got. This is where someone plays Santa and hands everyone their presents. We all helped put these presents under the tree on Christmas Eve, even the ones marked, "From Santa." When I mentioned it when I was younger, my parents were all, "Oh, yeah. Santa came early to drop these off. He's coming back tonight to finish, though!" :elf3: :santa1:
The next is the stockings, which are located in the same area as the wrapped presents as the wrapped present tree was typically located near the fireplace. We all do our own thing here as we empty the stockings. :presents2:
And finally we have Christmas Mouse. It's typically done at the same time as the stockings. I can never remember what the actual story behind Christmas Mouse is but it was my mom's favorite when she was growing up. These were always wrapped in tissue paper tied closed with ribbon and they had no To's or From's because the CM can't write or use scissors/tape. Growing up the ribbon was one color for the boys and a different one for the girls, and it was new toothbrushes, new tubes of toothpaste, new floss, and a new hairbrush. The past couple of years it's been a small block of cheese, cheese crackers, Cheez-It's, etc. I want it to go back to the hygiene products. It was only changed because my sister's kids were spending Christmas with us and Dad was all, "I can't really mark which ones would be for the kids and which would be for the adults..." I was like, "Third color of ribbon. Surely CM has at least three different colored ribbons. Or two colors of tissue paper."

Because of how much time this took, the number of presents per person, the amount of people, "play time", etc, it always takes at least 4 hours to do presents. I like it, though. It meant that we got to really spend time with each other. :treedance::xmashigh5:

TL;DR - 2 trees & stockings and then the Christmas Mouse would bring something as well.

ornamentmaven
08-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Like the Christmas mouse idea!

JollyElfDC
08-29-2012, 04:14 AM
I really like that Noelle. What I really like is the fact that it gets everybody involved and it isn't over in a matter of minutes. I also really like the Christmas mouse idea. It brought back memories of a book I had when I was little called Santa Mouse. I wonder if it's still in print?

Noelle
11-27-2012, 04:26 AM
I really like that Noelle. What I really like is the fact that it gets everybody involved and it isn't over in a matter of minutes. I also really like the Christmas mouse idea. It brought back memories of a book I had when I was little called Santa Mouse. I wonder if it's still in print?

Exactly. I think doing it this way really drove the "family is more important than presents" and "it's better to give than to receive" points in my head more than anything else could. I mean, when you're seven, presents are still kinda your top priority but as the years go by and you start to really notice how everyone else reacts to their presents, especially ones you've picked out, it's just that much more magical.:gelf:

DayTek
11-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Gifts from Santa were under the tree with the rest from the family. Smaller gifts would be placed on the tree. When my husband was a child, Santa left the presents unwrapped by the tree...I thought that was so weird to me when we met! :P But Santa likes to mix things up of course...Millions of homes and he's going to do different things just to keep it interesting ;)

Classic Christmas
11-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Under the tree, unwrapped.

aLEKSA.
11-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Under the three..

ornamentmaven
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Under the tree - wrapped

frostythesnowman
04-26-2013, 07:05 PM
under the tree wrapped:christmastree:

christmasislove
05-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Ours was always wrapped growing up, I remember a friend telling me that Santa left their gifts unwrapped and I thought that was so weird, but I did like the fact that I got to open up all my presents one at a time with them being wrapped!

jessicayy
05-03-2013, 10:24 AM

that is true, i think

Penny Berry
05-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Under the tree :christmastree: All wrapped

HolidaySeason
11-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Father Christmas filled my stocking, which was in my bedroom, with presents. All the presents under the tree were from the family. :)

Merry Christmas Darling
11-18-2013, 10:17 PM
We stopped getting gifts from Santa when my parents divorced. Then my mother brought all the gifts from her bedroom closet and put them under the tree and we opened them on Christmas Eve. That was the year when the youngest(age 5) stopped believing in Santa anyway. All the gifts were wrapped every year before that, but we opened them on Christmas morning.

MinnesotaMike
11-19-2013, 01:18 AM
I see I answered this thread 3 years ago.

steph535
11-19-2013, 01:56 AM
I see I answered this thread 3 years ago.

I just found I had answered it 4 years ago.

Merry Christmas Darling
11-19-2013, 02:56 AM
Apparently I responded in 2011! http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Smiley%20Laughing/Sm29.gif (http://s774.photobucket.com/user/DiademRose/media/Smiley%20Laughing/Sm29.gif.html)

http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/threads/1569-Where-did-Santa-put-your-gifts?p=62438#post62438