PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree decorations

Christmasplease
08-21-2009, 06:50 PM
What is more "in" for Christmas trees now? Garland, beads or ribbon?:santa:

tinkerbell2
08-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi

we have for the last few years, have four garlands suppended from the ceiling,white lights

some fluffy snow for effect and lots of glass ornaments to reflect the light:santa-smiley:

christmas tree much the same, it looks like it's been covered in frost.

hope that helps.

yvette

Christmasplease
08-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi

we have for the last few years, have four garlands suppended from the ceiling,white lights

some fluffy snow for effect and lots of glass ornaments to reflect the light:santa-smiley:

christmas tree much the same, it looks like it's been covered in frost.

hope that helps.

yvette

Yes it does. Thanks:santahat:

devoy26
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
we have garlands and we usel multi coloured lights baubles , ribbons, tinsel we also have figurines of santa, snowmen and angels that hang on branches .

i stopped using beads on the tree they were too akward and just dont suit the rest of our stuff. but they are nice on themed trees like gold ribbons and white lights.

hope this helps.:christmastree:

angelpugs
10-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I use garlands on my trees and i use the beading for other decor as i make some myself and give things a different look.:christmastree:

Donna-50
10-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I have been seeing more ribbon than any thing the last few years.

Kittyskyfish
10-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I've been seeing a lot of bead garland in lieu of tinsel. Also, I've seen many trees that skip garland altogether and decorate with various sizes of ornaments, from tiny to super-oversized.

ChristmasFanatic
10-08-2009, 11:43 PM
I always use garland. I like it and while I might change the color, it's always garland. Mom uses ribbon a lot and garland and even beads....her trees always look beautiful, too. Oh and she's used dried flowers and such before, too. I think it's dried flowers, anyway. LOL

JollyElfDC
10-09-2009, 02:09 AM
I think I've seen more ribbon in the last few years, but I always say decorate your tree the way you want. :christmastree:

Ellie
10-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and happy to have found such a great place to celebrate Christmas. I live in Southern California, and have been seeing alot of trees decorated with scarfs that are weaved in and out of the tree branches. They are also great tied in a bow around the back of dining chairs. I purchased them last year; they are really pretty and with ribbon added, adds another dimension to the tree that is fast and easy. Also, considering how expensive garlands can be, they are relatively inexpensive. Hope this is helpful!

tinkerbell2
10-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and happy to have found such a great place to celebrate Christmas. I live in Southern California, and have been seeing alot of trees decorated with scarfs that are weaved in and out of the tree branches. They are also great tied in a bow around the back of dining chairs. I purchased them last year; they are really pretty and with ribbon added, adds another dimension to the tree that is fast and easy. Also, considering how expensive garlands can be, they are relatively inexpensive. Hope this is helpful!

Hello Ellie and:welcome:

ChantelleJoy
10-09-2009, 05:20 AM
I, too, have seen the trend of using ribbon more and more recently. I think it's beautiful, but nothing will replace the tradition of garland for me.

Last year I used a sort of decoration that was a combo of Beads/Gardland. Although quite thin, I think it looked wonderful.

This year I think I'll go back to just Garland - it's fun (and inexpensive!!!)

Ellie
10-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Hello Ellie and:welcome:

Thanks..its nice to meet you!

tinkerbell2
10-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks..its nice to meet you!

Your welcome you will love it here...!:presents3:

devoy26
10-14-2009, 08:25 PM
hey ellie,

:welcome:

if you like christmas you are in the right place . you'll find everything from angels to trees
here.
:santa:

Ellie
10-15-2009, 04:14 AM
hey ellie,

:welcome:

if you like christmas you are in the right place . you'll find everything from angels to trees
here.
:santa:

Hello and thank you!

Its great to see so much holiday spirit here. And nice to see so many people spreading it around (especially these days).

:santa2:

Home alone 2
10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Ribbon is what we use every year since 2006 before then it was like Beads or something :santa:

dees473
10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I have been noticing a lot more ribbon than anything else. I did see something that was pretty neat was a digital photo ornament. I gave one to my dad with pics of all the kids from Christmas's past

http://www.christmaslightsetc.com/Digital-Photo-Ornaments--856.htm

:presents3:

Clip Art Guy
10-15-2009, 08:07 PM
My vote is for garland although I love tinsel too! ... very vintage!

Merry Christmas Darling
03-10-2012, 03:04 PM
In 2010, I used only ornaments on my tree. In 2011, I used narrow gold ribbon.

svastava
03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
I have been seeing more ribbons than any thing the last few years.