PDA

View Full Version : CandyLand Christmas

CandyKara
07-29-2009, 05:24 PM
I want to decorate my house as a candyland theme for christmas. Currently I have a gingerbread train and tangled gingerbread men which is I made from plywood (folk art) wrapped colourful balls made to look like lollipops and peppermint candies. I'm trying to think of how to make gumdrops which would be weather resistant as well as a cupcake possibly. Any other ideas?

theedwin
08-02-2009, 07:44 AM
For gum drops you could use styrofoam or maybe some foam rubber from an old cushion.

How about some candy canes made from PVC pipe? White caulking would look great for "frosting".

gandr1212
08-03-2009, 06:07 AM
I would check with a theater group near you, maybe someone who works on creating stages could direct you. You could check with a college art department and ask for help.

gandr1212
08-03-2009, 06:11 AM
flickr.com/photos/88904268@N00/2134981370

gandr1212
08-03-2009, 06:39 AM
orientaltrading.com has Peppermint Candy Balloon Lanterns, candy pillows. I also thought you could use plastic flower pots upside down as gumdrops. Right side up covered with corrigated cardboard as cupcakes.

Gail

CandyKara
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I ended up buying a small garbage bin and a cowl and covered the bowl with sprayfoam then painted the top brown, put beads on that looked like sprinkles and found a large strawberry at a yardsale I'm going to put on top. Soon my cucpcake will be done! The upside down flower pots is a great idea! I also need some kind of candy that hangs because I have a spot to hang something and feel like it would really add to the scene!

Mistletoe
08-05-2009, 06:51 PM
A CandyLand Christmas sounds charming. :santa:

gandr1212
08-07-2009, 05:14 AM
I also need some kind of candy that hangs because I have a spot to hang something and feel like it would really add to the scene!

Today at Hobby Lobby they had some large [10-12"] candies.

Gail

Christmasplease
08-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Today at Hobby Lobby they had some large [10-12"] candies.

Gail
I don't think we have Hobby Lobby in Canada. It sounds like a cool store.

CandyKara
08-11-2009, 08:06 PM
do you know what the gumdrops are made out of in that flickr picture?

CandyKara
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Im looking on Hobby Lobby's website for those candies you mentioned, I cant find them, do you remember exactly what they were called?

gandr1212
08-12-2009, 08:37 AM
http://www.astorybooklife.com/how-to/homemade-christmas-ornaments/

Here is another way of doing gumdrops

Gail

gandr1212
08-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Im looking on Hobby Lobby's website for those candies you mentioned, I cant find them, do you remember exactly what they were called?

No! but I will go by tomorrow on my way to church and post the answer.

For the gum drops ave you thought of using white round styrfoam and paint.

http://eweniquetreasures.blogspot.com/2008/11/sugar-spice.html

you cna see them on the "GEN'S ORNIES" slide show.

Gail

gandr1212
08-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Here is a candyland photo I found.

gail

P.S. It's not my yard! just off the net

ikey2
08-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Here is a candyland photo I found.

gail

Wow Gail,

That was an aswome looking picture.

CandyKara
08-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I have that website saved, but havent been able to find a large enough styrofoam ball! When I do find a big enough styrofoam ball and make those will they be ok outside in the snow during the winter?

SnowAngel
08-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I want to decorate my house as a candyland theme for christmas. Currently I have a gingerbread train and tangled gingerbread men which is I made from plywood (folk art) wrapped colourful balls made to look like lollipops and peppermint candies. I'm trying to think of how to make gumdrops which would be weather resistant as well as a cupcake possibly. Any other ideas?

Sorry, I don't have any ideas, but I would love to see it when you're all done (and when it's the holiday season, of course).

CandyKara
08-14-2009, 01:27 AM
I'll definately post pics as I complete each project as well, I thought of something good tonight and thought I'd share, for gummi bears I was going to use those honey jars shaped like bears swish the paint around inside it so the paint wont wear from the weather and to cover the top put little santa hats on them! And maybe put some rocks in the bottom to make them stay put.

ikey2
08-14-2009, 01:56 AM
I'll definately post pics as I complete each project as well, I thought of something good tonight and thought I'd share, for gummi bears I was going to use those honey jars shaped like bears swish the paint around inside it so the paint wont wear from the weather and to cover the top put little santa hats on them! And maybe put some rocks in the bottom to make them stay put.

Thats sounds like a great way to make the bears, i would have never even thought about that.

gandr1212
08-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Sorry, I didn't get info you needed. I was going to take a photo - got there with just my camera and found out my daughter had taken my batteries out. I didn't even have my cell phone to take a pic with, or a pen to write anything down. I'll try again.

Gail

CandyKara
08-14-2009, 11:19 AM
No worries, I mean it's not a huge rush or anything haha

CandyKara
08-14-2009, 11:39 AM
flickr.com/photos/saucydragonfly/2973572488/

This was an amazing and cheap and simple idea!

CandyKara
08-14-2009, 01:10 PM
http://www.squidoo.com/ResinGummyJewelry

Make these into gummy bear ornaments! So cute

Donna-50
08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Can't wait to see the projects. So many idea's and so little time.:dizzy:

CandyKara
08-25-2009, 09:23 PM
yeah, I'm just finishing up my halloween projects and starting the christmas candyland projects, cupcake is pretty much done now, just adding the strawberry on top and finito! Have all my supplies for the rest just doing halloween first!

ikey2
08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
yeah, I'm just finishing up my halloween projects and starting the christmas candyland projects, cupcake is pretty much done now, just adding the strawberry on top and finito! Have all my supplies for the rest just doing halloween first!

What is the Halloween decorations that your working on.

CandyKara
08-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Im working on a haunted flower garden currently, I'm also a member of the halloweenforum.com, I'm pretty close to being done, just my venus flytrap needs finishing, I'm contemplating making a jack in the box right now too, not sure yet!

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Im working on a haunted flower garden currently, I'm also a member of the halloweenforum.com, I'm pretty close to being done, just my venus flytrap needs finishing, I'm contemplating making a jack in the box right now too, not sure yet!

Sounds wondeful! Take lots of pics!

CandyKara
08-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I definately will! Halloween stuff comes a lot easier to me than Christmas CandyLand though!

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I cant wait to see!

CandyKara
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm also working on some small candy christmas tree decorations, I've made a few from polymer clay, nothing spectacular yet, and put my urethane on my gingerbread train this weekend!

CandyKara
09-03-2009, 06:39 PM
What would I use as a base to a hershey's kiss? I know to cover it with tinfoil afterward but what do I do to get that shape? and I can't seem to post my pictures on here, they aren't abnormally large or anything? whats the deal?

CandyKara
09-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Would the play dough magic swirl ice cream maker be a good investment in making frosting for things such as cupcakes and ice creams and sundaes? Or would it really turn out as nice as they have it? Anyone have this or their kids have this I guess haha

Donna-50
09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
What would I use as a base to a hershey's kiss? I know to cover it with tinfoil afterward but what do I do to get that shape? and I can't seem to post my pictures on here, they aren't abnormally large or anything? whats the deal?

Sorry, I haven't tried to post picture so don't know.

For the hershey's kiss you may want to try playing with the foam insulation because I know that you can carve and sand it.

CandyKara
09-13-2009, 02:04 AM
oh I didnt know you could carve and sand it, although I guess that makes sense haha, I think l am almost done all my stuff for candyland, l juat want a hershey kiss and an ice cream cone and all my other stuff is done, l would post pics but it wont let me, l know they arent too big because l posted some pics on another forum and the limits were the same and they posted fine?
Any suggestions for an ice cream cone? I think l'll go ahead and do a hershey kiss just like you said.

AmyK
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
That's such a cool theme idea!
I think that'd be a neat way to do it on a smaller scale in like, a kids' bedroom or playroom.

CandyKara
09-18-2009, 02:07 AM
it's hard to keep it colourful but still have it look like christmas, too many peppermints makes it a lil dull for colours but too many other colours looks like a circus!

gandr1212
09-21-2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat1363847&PRODID=xprd923740

Here is a site for a DIY Candy Pillows.

Smokyturtle
10-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Got any pictures yet?

P.S. What name are you on Halloweenforum CandyKara....I'm Si-cotik.

Smokyturtle
10-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I would love to do a candyland display someday...I would make it more like a play ground though.

CandyKara
10-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Got any pictures yet?

P.S. What name are you on Halloweenforum CandyKara....I'm Si-cotik.

halloweinerdog lover is my name on the halloweenforum, and as for pictures i have tons but I cant get them to work on here? It's the same thing as on the halloweenforum and they work there but not on here?

artistreelights
10-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Try painting corks and then rolling them in glitter or small beads for sugar...can get many sizes and they have that gum ball type shape, plus you can push in small pieces or wire or small screws for hangers.

CandyKara
10-20-2009, 12:39 AM
thats a good idea with the cork! thanks and the candy pillows I definately will be making they're awesome!

Ellie
10-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I just came across an idea and though I'd post a link..This centerpiece idea probably also could be used wired on top of a Christmas tree as a topper, with a big bow tied around the wooden dowels and ribbons cascading down the tree...

http://www.hgtv.com/holidays-and-entertaining/peppermint-stripe-christmas-centerpiece/index.html

**Another idea is to take the cardboard cylinders from paper towels or TP, roll them in celliphane or tissue paper, gather the celliphane at the ends and then tie bows with ribbon for tree ornaments. You could add glitter to them for sparkle.

**Take the cottoney-looking snow stuff, and form it loosely into a ball-shape. Lightly spray paint it pink or light blue, spray on alittle glitter and then make a cone out of paper. Put the fake snow into the cone with some spray glue and...whalaa! Cotton Candy.

**Take thin rectangular pieces of scrap wood or foam board, wrap in aluminum foil and then make a paper wrapper for candy bars, using shiny paper and a colored printer. You could decorate the labels with your 'brand' of Christmas Chocolate...that would be cute!

You could use cupcake papers (maybe the aluminum kind?) to put some fake jelly beans or something in...

:christmastree: :christmastree: :christmastree:

I'm having too much fun now.

CandyKara
10-24-2009, 08:04 PM
then you should keep going, these are great ideas!

CandyKara
11-19-2009, 01:03 PM
So I keep trying to load pictures of my tree but it won't work. Does anyone have any ideas for outside, I have Lollipops that do a light show, obviously multi coloured christmas lights some Gingerbread folk art but other than that I don't know what to do for the house outside. It's so plain still, I'm not seeing the real Candyland Theme yet

artistreelights
11-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Large pvc pipe can be tall peppermint sticks, wind with lights or paint.

Wire wreaths can be wrapped with lights inside with sparkly garland for life savers, sytrofoam squares can be wrapped with cloth and tied at the end with string then wrapped in lights or use cheap plastic containers with lights inside and hole for cord then wrapped with ends twisted for square candies. These plastic containers can be strung together to make garland for the trees. Two wire hanging flowers baskets can be put together with lights inside and wrapped with garland or cloth and they have their own hanger, these can be gum balls or jaw breakers. Put up icicle lights and hang colorful icicles as icing drips. Just about anything flat and round can be used as cookies, garbage can lids for big and coffee tops for smaller. Paint smaller pieces of pvc pipe with ends glued on for hanging peppermint sticks. Of course don't forget the candy canes which are all over the place.

SnowAngel
11-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Can't wait to see pictures!

Donna-50
11-20-2009, 01:12 PM
So I keep trying to load pictures of my tree but it won't work. Does anyone have any ideas for outside, I have Lollipops that do a light show, obviously multi coloured christmas lights some Gingerbread folk art but other than that I don't know what to do for the house outside. It's so plain still, I'm not seeing the real Candyland Theme yet

Haven't tried to post pics so I don't know how but hopefully someone will tell you.

CandyKara
11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
my favourite idea is the life savers! It'sso simple and it's great for outside! Nothing that anyone has mentioned either thanks! It's just so hard to get the right shapes and colous for candies outside

CandyKara
12-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Anyone else doing this theme? Or possibly an arctic type theme?

onemagicalchristmas
12-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Good luck with this project can't wait to see pics!

gandr1212
12-12-2009, 09:30 PM
I bought my grandson a Candyland game and we've been playing. So I've been thinking --- are you going to decorate as CL in general everywhere or like the board where you travel from gingerbread tree to Peppermint to etc. I might do this next year when I get in the new house. I would do a gingerbread theme kitchen, peppermint dining, etc. I am anxious to see the pics also.

Gail

gandr1212
09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
CandyKara, where are your pics of Candyland?

CandyKara
09-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I have tried to load pictures onto here many times!! Its the same way I load pictures onto my halloweenforum so i have no idea why I cant do it here! So I've just stopped coming to this website until I got a message in my email today!

tinkerbell2
09-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I have tried to load pictures onto here many times!! Its the same way I load pictures onto my halloweenforum so i have no idea why I cant do it here! So I've just stopped coming to this website until I got a message in my email today!

Its a shame I would love to see them, because I was thinking of doing my kitchen like that...

:crying:

gandr1212
09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Email them to me if you want and I will try to upload them. Gandr1212@aol.com

Gail

AndrewGreenwood1
10-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Such a every time make a tree at home and on this tree decorate from my mom and my sister and then its so beautiful always in my home...