07-13-2009, 12:59 PM
5 large ripe tomatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. oregano leaves
1/8 tsp. pepper

Notes: I used 4-5 cloves of garlic and doubled the recipe adding fresh mozzarella. We originally had this with the tomatoes and mozzarella sliced, but it was difficult to eat that way and the mozzarella didn't absorb the marinade as well. I diced them this last time, which was better, but I think I'll try slightly bigger pieces next time.

Elvira1986
07-15-2009, 07:11 PM
5 large ripe tomatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. oregano leaves
1/8 tsp. pepper

Notes: I used 4-5 cloves of garlic and doubled the recipe adding fresh mozzarella. We originally had this with the tomatoes and mozzarella sliced, but it was difficult to eat that way and the mozzarella didn't absorb the marinade as well. I diced them this last time, which was better, but I think I'll try slightly bigger pieces next time.

I am going to try this one tomorrow. If you say you doubled the recipe adding fresh mozarella, does that mean you used an equal amount of tomatoes and mozarella?

Mistletoe
07-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I am going to try this one tomorrow. If you say you doubled the recipe adding fresh mozarella, does that mean you used an equal amount of tomatoes and mozarella?

I didn't double the tomatoes. I used 2 packages of mozzarella and I think 3 tomatoes in all...I kind of eyed it. I made the marinade, then put the amount of mozzarella I wanted and added as many tomatoes as would seem to complement (it looked like an even combination). Sorry, I should have said that. But, you may prefer the tomatoes over the mozzarella, so I would adjust for taste.

Good luck!

Elvira1986
07-16-2009, 07:43 AM
I didn't double the tomatoes. I used 2 packages of mozzarella and I think 3 tomatoes in all...I kind of eyed it. I made the marinade, then put the amount of mozzarella I wanted and added as many tomatoes as would seem to complement (it looked like an even combination). Sorry, I should have said that. But, you may prefer the tomatoes over the mozzarella, so I would adjust for taste.

Good luck!

I like both tomatoes and mozarella, so I will take your advice and just go with what seems right.

Elvira1986
07-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I made it. It was delicious.

Mistletoe
07-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I made it. It was delicious.

I'm glad- I never know if my taste in food is the same as other people's. :o

Elvira1986
07-17-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm glad- I never know if my taste in food is the same as other people's. :o

Well apparently our tastes are quite similar(on the tomatofront at least;) )I saw your marinated mushrooms in the other thread too, maybe I'll try those next week.