1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
5 ounces Bag Sliced Natural Almonds
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 tablespoon Butter Flavoring

You can make this at home, for so much less than the in the store.

Place popped popcorn in a large roasting pan that has been sprayed with a none stick spray and set aside.

In saucepan on low heat mix sugars, butter, salt, and corn syrup. Let mixture come to a soft boil and place lid on pan for 30 seconds. Remove lid and stir with clean spoon. This is done so all sugar and salt crystals are dissolved and none get back in the mixture. Turn heat down and let boil gently with out a lid for 5 minutes stirring constantly.

When 5 minutes are up remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Syrup will foam but this is normal.

Stir until baking soda is completely dissolved. Add butter flavoring and stir. Pour over pop corn slowly stirring popcorn constantly, coating all the popcorn gently. When popcorn is coated, pour almonds in and stir well. Place in a preheated oven at 225 degrees for 1 hour. Popcorn needs to be stirred and mixed through every 15 minutes. When popcorn is finished baking pour onto a non-stick service and let cool.

Elvira1986
06-15-2009, 07:48 PM
I've never eaten this, but it sounds fantastic. I am going to try to make this. Thanks for the recipe.

Normal popcorn(especially salt popcorn) is one of my favourite foods.