ladyice
06-10-2009, 02:10 PM
LOL

I am already looking forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! :dizzy:

Oh and July 4th ;)

Mistletoe
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
lol

That's not that far away! I was looking at Halloween decorations yesterday, and today I'm listening to Christmas music. I don't know how it is down there, but here it's been rainy and cool- hard to appreciate June. :cool:

Lita
06-10-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm already starting to get in the mood! Can't wait! :D

onemagicalchristmas
06-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I have some of my chRistmas music out too. But since my health problems began in May I listen to CHristian music and Pray alot!

Elvira1986
06-11-2009, 08:48 PM
You are so lucky that you celebrate 4th of july, thanksgiving and halloween.

I am from Holland and we have all our holidays in the first half of the year. The first holiday for us will be Sinterklaas on the 5th of december. However I do have to say that the holidays in the first part of the year were fun, especially Queensday(my favourite holiday apart from christmas.)

I am totally looking forward to my boyfriend and mine classic christmas 'argument'. He always wants coloured lights in the tree and I want normal ones. We always have lots of fun coming up with very good reasons to convince the other.

JollyElfDC
06-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I am totally looking forward to my boyfriend and mine classic christmas 'argument'. He always wants coloured lights in the tree and I want normal ones. We always have lots of fun coming up with very good reasons to convince the other.

Do you have room for 2 trees?:santa-smiley:

Elvira1986
06-14-2009, 09:28 AM
No, unfortunately not. But it is a sort of sweet discussion anyway. We always end up laughing about it.

Maybe this year we can have 2 trees, because we are hoping to buy an appartement together, just have to find out if we can swing that financially(the appartement, not the trees.) Otherwise we are also happy in our small rented home with one:christmastree:

onemagicalchristmas
06-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Trees are so nice I hope you can have a very beautiful tree this year Elvira. May your holidays be magical.

Elvira1986
06-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Trees are so nice I hope you can have a very beautiful tree this year Elvira. May your holidays be magical.

Thank you. Same to you. I love christmas trees, the look, te smell, the sight.

onemagicalchristmas
06-15-2009, 08:18 AM
I am getting excited about putting up our two trees this year!one white one green!

noelglori
06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Last week I started watching Christmas movies. TV is so disgusting with the constant advertisements and the poor quality of programming so I've been watching my DVD's. I love to pick and choose what I want coming in on my tv.

onemagicalchristmas
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't watch to much tv and the shows I do watch the DVR records so I don't miss an episode. I have been watching more forensic Files and shows like that lately. I guess I could start watching my christmas shows soon! have four on my DVR to watch yet.

jellybelly
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I've already started watching Christmas shows and films. I'm getting v. excited and it's only July!! :santahat:

JollyElfDC
07-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I've been looking at recipies for Christmas dinner. I probably won't even be cooking anything this year lol. I'm planning to go viset my brother and sister in law in Japan. The traditional Christmas dinner there is KFC.:eek:

olga
07-13-2009, 08:28 AM
To be honest, Im already thinking of Christmas deoration too... :presents2:

Every month I keep 50 euros from my salary, in order to buy a new Christmas tree for this year..
Since we moved to a new house, my tree looks not very tall.... :christmastree:
The new one I wanna buy, will cost me over 300 euros, but it is mucu much taller, very impressive and Im looking forwrd to buying it.. :yahoo:

Even if it's July, last night I saw ''The Muppet Christmas Carol'', my favorite version of Dickens story. :carols:

Elvira1986
07-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Wow! That is going to be some tree, Olga.

I have already started looking at christmas movies and commercials(on Youtube) too.

olga
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I think I'll be able to buy it at the end of October..
I hope nothing will come up until then and have to give the money somewhere else... :my lord:

What's your tree like? Do you have enough space for a big one? :presents3:

ladyice
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
I was listening to Christmas music the other and thinking... it's not that far off now! By Sept for me the holidays are starting to be in full swing :)

olga
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I could't agree more ladyice!!! :gelf:

ladyice
07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I could't agree more ladyice!!! :gelf:

We should start a countdown in August :D

Of course I have another holiday coming, my birtthday is July 22 :D

olga
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
:candycane1: My mothers birthday is July 22 :gelf:

Anyway, I think that at the end of August, each one of us will seriously start thinking of Christmas decoration...

:dance:

I can't wait...

Elvira1986
07-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I am seriously considering an over the top Disney tree this year. I was looking through my christmas stuff and I think we could pull it off with some small additons to the stuff we already have. I just have to see if I can create the space to have a bigger tree than last year, because I think that look is nicest on a big tree.

Mistletoe
07-15-2009, 07:53 PM
I was listening to Christmas music the other and thinking... it's not that far off now! By Sept for me the holidays are starting to be in full swing :)

I don't know if you get that smell in the air in September, when the air turns colder, but, that definitely turns my mind towards the holidays. :santa:

Mistletoe
07-15-2009, 07:55 PM
I am seriously considering an over the top Disney tree this year. I was looking through my christmas stuff and I think we could pull it off with some small additons to the stuff we already have. I just have to see if I can create the space to have a bigger tree than last year, because I think that look is nicest on a big tree.

Another Disney fan! :) Is France the nearest park to you, too?

Elvira1986
07-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Yes Disneyland Paris is the closest to me and I will be going for the first time this winter! It was a birthday present! So happy.

Buzzby
07-16-2009, 06:16 PM
I irritated everyone in the office of my summer temp job today by singing "A Spaceman Came Travelling" with more volume than pitch.

It's all because I'd found a bit of tinsel under my bed at home. Shows how little my room at home gets tidied since I went to Uni...

Also, my clove-studded dried orange from last year is still hanging over my bed. I sniffed it and felt a wave of festive silliness rush over me. And I'm still stuck in July. No faaaaaaaair. *sobs*

Elvira1986
07-16-2009, 06:20 PM
I irritated everyone in the office of my summer temp job today by singing "A Spaceman Came Travelling" with more volume than pitch.

It's all because I'd found a bit of tinsel under my bed at home. Shows how little my room at home gets tidied since I went to Uni...

Also, my clove-studded dried orange from last year is still hanging over my bed. I sniffed it and felt a wave of festive silliness rush over me. And I'm still stuck in July. No faaaaaaaair. *sobs*

I can relate... everybody thinks I'm crazy(well they think that anyway) for bringing up Christmas in July.

Buzzby
07-16-2009, 06:34 PM
I can relate... everybody thinks I'm crazy(well they think that anyway) for bringing up Christmas in July.

I'm sat on a table with another girl and a guy.The girl joined in with me and we sat there jittering in our seats discussing the feeling of putting your hand into a woolen stocking, and agreeing that if our parents ever threw away Christmas decorations from when we were little, we would be distraught.

The guy on our table repeatedly hid his face in his hands and muttered "IT. IS. JULY" before dismissing us as "Women!" and leaving it there.

We shouted Humbug at him repeatedly and when he went to get coffee I left him a small drawing of a Santa on top of his pile of papers.

He didn't lighten up. What is WRONG with people? Jeez! :dizzy:

PumpkinJack81
07-18-2009, 02:55 PM

Do it! Do it! Do it! :jack: :D

Another Disney fan! :) Is France the nearest park to you, too?

Yes! Isn't that exciting Kerith?! ;)

Yes Disneyland Paris is the closest to me and I will be going for the first time this winter! It was a birthday present! So happy.

Awesome! You'll have to tell us all about it! Especially Phantom Manor. ;) :jack:

A.Edwards
07-19-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm jacked up for Christmas now, and its only July, lol.

I should stop treating myself, but all it takes is a slip of one Christmas Song to get me in the mood. After that, Im hooked.

olga
07-19-2009, 10:11 AM

Im sure, those days in Disneyland, are gonna be the most exciting ones, in your life... :dance:

A friend of mine visited Disneyland in Paris, last Christmas !!
When she came back, we were talking for days about her travel.. :santa:
I wish someday, I can go too..

So, a fairytale comes true.. Enjoy it!! You should upload an album, ok?

Elvira1986
07-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I will!

PumpkinJack81
07-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Im sure, those days in Disneyland, are gonna be the most exciting ones, in your life... :dance:

A friend of mine visited Disneyland in Paris, last Christmas !!
When she came back, we were talking for days about her travel.. :santa:
I wish someday, I can go too..

So, a fairytale comes true.. Enjoy it!! You should upload an album, ok?

I want to go to Disneyland Paris at some point in my life too! I've been to Walt Disney World in FL quite a few times and Disneyland, CA last December. My wife and I want to visit every Disney park once in our lives. :D :jack:

Elvira1986
07-21-2009, 07:28 PM
This is going to be our first Disneypark visit ever. But we will go a little bit before christmas, because too close to the holidays is really expensive.

onemagicalchristmas
07-21-2009, 11:26 PM
hope you have fun! I did years ago when I went..lets see I was 13 when I went to disneyland now I am 40! long time ago!

olga
07-22-2009, 04:48 AM
I want to go to Disneyland Paris at some point in my life too! I've been to Walt Disney World in FL quite a few times and Disneyland, CA last December. My wife and I want to visit every Disney park once in our lives. :D :jack:

I haven't visited Disney Park in Paris, but according to my friend visit, it must be awsome !!

I asked her to give me all her photos from there and I still have them on my computer.. It was Christmas when she visited Paris and Disney Park and she told me that it was very expensive. However, she and her husband, had the time of their life.. :tree:

I suggest you take your wife and go!!! :dance:

I do not know when, but I will definitely go too... :jumping:

olga
07-22-2009, 04:49 AM
hope you have fun! I did years ago when I went..lets see I was 13 when I went to disneyland now I am 40! long time ago!

There is always time for a second visit !!!! :gelf:

SnowAngel
07-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm glad I found this forum. I'm so excited about Christmas that I started a blog about it, and it's geared toward single folks. As we know the holidays are all about family and stuff, sometimes single people feel overwhelmed.

gandr1212
07-23-2009, 03:53 PM

Elvira -- you could put both types on your tree, Then alternate when you turn them on -- color one day and white one day.

Elvira1986
07-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Elvira -- you could put both types on your tree, Then alternate when you turn them on -- color one day and white one day.

That is actually a really good idea. I may do that. Thank you!

hazelnut
07-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I went to disneyland paris in december about 10 years ago, it was fantastc, it was like a victorian crimbo and just as cold, I never knew that paris got so bloomin cold lol.

enjo D

Mistletoe
07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Welcome KrisKringleforSingles! :tree:

Mistletoe
07-24-2009, 04:32 PM

What an awesome birthday present!!

onemagicalchristmas
07-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Have a great time Elvira!

SnowAngel
07-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Welcome KrisKringleforSingles! :tree:

Thank you! I'm already enjoying my time here.

olga
07-30-2009, 10:38 AM
I went to disneyland paris in december about 10 years ago, it was fantastc, it was like a victorian crimbo and just as cold, I never knew that paris got so bloomin cold lol.

enjo D

Welcome!!:welcome:

Have you ever visited Dickens World?

MelindaB
08-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I have started tracking potential recipes and lingering on product pages online for new decorations. Thanksgiving may come first, but the bulk of my excitement is for Christmas!

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 01:58 AM
I just bought a new tree and it's too big for my house. I'm going to have to get a tiny, tiny star.:)

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 01:58 AM
There are Christmas commercials on Youtube? Wow!

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 02:00 AM
My Husband says he can't enjoy Christmas as much anymore because of how crazy I get :(

Mistletoe
08-07-2009, 12:14 PM
My Husband says he can't enjoy Christmas as much anymore because of how crazy I get :(

How sad!

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 02:51 PM
I Know!

ladyice
08-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I can't believe we have 4 1/2 months left! It's coming so fast :D

Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.. my three favorite holidays.

Christmasplease
08-08-2009, 01:50 AM
i can't believe we have 4 1/2 months left! It's coming so fast :d

halloween, thanksgiving and christmas.. My three favorite holidays.
yipeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmasplease
08-08-2009, 02:13 AM
yipeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I'm just a little TOO happy about this blogging site.

MacShirts
08-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Ok, I'm just a little TOO happy about this blogging site.

its ok, you fit in perfectly. Im always the butt of jokes when it comes to the holidays and how I am so into them :D

Mistletoe
08-09-2009, 02:02 PM
I can't believe we have 4 1/2 months left! It's coming so fast :D

Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.. my three favorite holidays.

And once summer is over, it will really go by fast! I love going through those 3 holidays. :pumpkin:

Christmasplease
08-09-2009, 02:47 PM
its ok, you fit in perfectly. Im always the butt of jokes when it comes to the holidays and how I am so into them :D
Finally, other Christmasers. YIPPEEEE!!!!!

A.Edwards
08-11-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm hyped and its only August. :jumping:

SnowAngel
08-13-2009, 08:26 PM
I usually poll everyone what they want for Christmas around July, they all think I'm nuts.

ikey2
08-13-2009, 09:39 PM
I usually poll everyone what they want for Christmas around July, they all think I'm nuts.

Same here, with the same results.... so at least your not alone.

Christmasplease
08-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I ask what people want and they think I'm nuts too. The only problem is sometimes they cange their mind a few weeks before Christmas.

gandr1212
08-14-2009, 05:28 AM
In June I posted my CHRISTMAS LIST on the side of the refridgerator. Everyone can go by and put down ideas. IF you don't put something down don't complain. So for my daughter and I are the only ones. I started this years ago when my husband complained of not knowing what to get. One year he was complaining about the cost of something I wanted so I put down some really expensive items with it. He got what I wanted and I don't think he ever caught on that the other items were just decoys. One year I registered for china, that was good.

Gail

gummgirl
08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
I normally start thinking seriously about what I want after my birthday (which is in the summer) and since no major holidays (well gift giving holidays) are after summer I will start giving people ideas. I also start asking people what they would like- I always use the excuse Christmas will be here before we know it (which is true!) And if I find something I almost always buy it because when I go back it could be gone.

MacShirts
08-15-2009, 05:35 AM
I ask what people want and they think I'm nuts too. The only problem is sometimes they cange their mind a few weeks before Christmas.

This is me...all the newest and greatest stuff comes out during the holiday season and if I choose early, I'll just end up wanting some other gadget or electronic and make the list useless :D

MacShirts
08-15-2009, 05:36 AM
I also start asking people what they would like- I always use the excuse Christmas will be here before we know it (which is true!).

Haha and then you can snoop and find out months ahead of Christmas ;)

gummgirl
08-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Shh! I already do that! :p

Mistletoe
08-22-2009, 12:24 AM
This is me...all the newest and greatest stuff comes out during the holiday season and if I choose early, I'll just end up wanting some other gadget or electronic and make the list useless :D

It is true that some lovely things come out at Christmas time, so I always have to remember to reserve room on my list. :presents3:

Mistletoe
08-22-2009, 12:34 AM
In June I posted my CHRISTMAS LIST on the side of the refridgerator. Everyone can go by and put down ideas. IF you don't put something down don't complain. So for my daughter and I are the only ones. I started this years ago when my husband complained of not knowing what to get. One year he was complaining about the cost of something I wanted so I put down some really expensive items with it. He got what I wanted and I don't think he ever caught on that the other items were just decoys. One year I registered for china, that was good.

Gail

My family and I are the same with posted gift lists. If we find something not on the list, that's great, but when you're stuck for a gift idea, it can just get too stressful (plus it cuts down on wasting money on unwanted things).

Haha! I like your strategy!

Mistletoe
08-22-2009, 12:39 AM
I normally start thinking seriously about what I want after my birthday (which is in the summer) and since no major holidays (well gift giving holidays) are after summer I will start giving people ideas. I also start asking people what they would like- I always use the excuse Christmas will be here before we know it (which is true!) And if I find something I almost always buy it because when I go back it could be gone.

I'm the same. In June I always say "there's only _ weeks til Christmas! I need your lists!" Haha. No one ever listens to me.

Christmasplease
08-22-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm the same. In June I always say "there's only _ weeks til Christmas! I need your lists!" Haha. No one ever listens to me.

I can relate!:gelf:

kam1187
05-07-2010, 02:00 AM
me too! haha Love it!!!:smitten:

Elf_Erv
05-25-2010, 06:41 AM
6 months tends to go very fast, Hobby Lobby here sets up Christmas stuff at the end of June.....and stuff sells. Folks who are making crafts and gifts for Christmas should be working on them NOW

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Javern/Christmas/cartwheelElf.gif

olga
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Its 5 months actually!!!!

Decoration for me starts the last day of October......

http://wcsc.myweb.usf.edu/aprilfool08/Beauty%20and%20Fashion%20Blog_files/Christmas-Snoopy-Lights-Tree.jpg

Erv, just joined Hobby Lobby's Email List.. :tree1:

:merrychristmas:

kam1187
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I start decorating the day after thanksgiving! I usually stay away from the black friday madness and spend that day in my pjs decorating and stuff.

Merry Christmas Darling
06-12-2010, 02:44 AM
I start decorating Thanksgiving evening. :christmastree:

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/Christmasanimatedbargif-1.gifhttp://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/DiademRose/Christmas%20Trees/Christmas%20Dividers/Christmasanimatedbargif-1.gif

dees473
06-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I just can't wait to put up my new tree!! I am way too excited!
:tree1:

olga
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I just can't wait to put up my new tree!! I am way too excited!
:tree1:

When do you usually put the tree up?? :santa:

NCD
06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Our tree normally goes up 25th ish of November. I'm lucky enough to have my birthday in December (8th) so as long as its up before then I'm happy!:tree:

stephmcuk
08-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Yay its august tomorrow... another month down and getting closer to christmas. So excited we have a busy few months ahead of us so time shud pass fast :D:D