PDA

View Full Version : Anybody starting their shopping yet?

onemagicalchristmas
01-15-2009, 09:25 PM
I have boughten a fishing t-shirt for my brother in OHio and a bath set for his wife. Two books for his adopted daughter and plan on getting Rebekka his youngest a mp3 player. I also got my sister Lisa a nice bath set from Avon. want to get her hubby a gift from Gamestop for his xbox.

I have been pricing the webkinz for my 8 greats already. I will start buying them next month!

steph535
01-16-2009, 02:49 AM
are you buying these for Valentine's Day? I don't buy anything or get or expect anything for Valentine's Day, and I don't have any money besides. But, I do usually wait til after and maybe get some candy when it is 50 to 75% off. Well, whatever you are buying those gifts for, I'm sure your family will love them.:)

onemagicalchristmas
01-16-2009, 03:27 AM
no I meant to shop for christmas My family don't exchange gifts for any other holiday! I only shop for Christmas.

tlazer
01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
when I find a job.Then probably start in Septmember

steph535
01-16-2009, 06:17 PM
no I meant to shop for christmas My family don't exchange gifts for any other holiday! I only shop for Christmas.

yeah, same with my family. I won't even think of shopping until probably October and then only if things are a lot better than they were this year, since I had no income and couldn't really buy anything. But, I've always wanted to be one of those people who shop good sales all during the year, so they are ready ahead of time.

onemagicalchristmas
01-17-2009, 12:53 AM
I am going to make each adult a coffee mug cake with sprinkles and a candy bar! but I want to save at least $25.00 a month if I can for CHristmas shopping come October. I might start picking up little trinkets for the greats stockings but that will be about it. I want to start picking up my coffee mugs now so I can have enough when the time comes. I think I may make one of them for hubby on Valentines day. It will be plenty for him and I can also have a small one too!

I have already started looking for bargains on Amazon.com for Hubby and my parents. I think they will enjoy several small gifts instead of just getting one! by small I mean $10-$15 each. I can afford that each month.

Noel
01-18-2009, 08:43 AM
All year long when sales are interesting, I buy. Or when I find something nice, cheap...without knowing first for whom they will be.
I put the things I buy in a big bag. Then all year long, I offer these things for birthdays or any occasion. If some things remain, they will be offered for Christmas.
I start serioulsy xmas shopping in september.:presents3:

charminggiftstore
02-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Not yet, but I'm going to start real soon. I always say I'm going to start my Christmas shopping early, but I never get around to it until the last minute. Well, not this year. This year I'm going to do my shopping early-- at least most of it anyway ;).

Denise Wilson
Charming Gift Store
http://www.charminggiftstore.com
Great Gift Baskets For Every Occasion!

Mistletoe
02-26-2009, 04:04 PM
I usually can't start until November because I buy things like clothing and electrical equipment that may need to be returned. But, I just bought a novelty gift that can't be returned, so, yes, I HAVE started already. :)

onemagicalchristmas
03-22-2009, 12:49 AM
I have boughte more CHristmas gifts today. FOr my step nephew a Tiger Woods book, My sister a book (If3: the Game of Love), MY niece Aimee a tea light burner,
and my niece Kenzie a potpourie ball and I will get her some of those glade fragrance crystals to put in it! And I have been ordering Highlights books for John I think he will enjoy them.

Audie
03-27-2009, 11:34 AM
In Christmasday we should buy more gifts to our parents Merry Christmas

Audie
03-27-2009, 02:46 PM
When Christmas day will come i shall buy many gifts to my family Merry Christmas and happy cocoa morning

Mistletoe
04-23-2009, 01:35 PM
I have to say, this forum has had a positive influence on me. I look at a lot more things as possible Christmas gifts, these days. It should give more diversity to my gifts. I'm steadily working on my Christmas shopping already. I'll actually be able to enjoy the Christmas season more this year, instead of feeling the pressure of having to shop at that time. Not to mention having more funds for all the pretty things that come out at that time of year. :tree:

PumpkinJack81
04-24-2009, 11:07 AM
I have to say, this forum has had a positive influence on me. I look at a lot more things as possible Christmas gifts, these days. It should give more diversity to my gifts. I'm steadily working on my Christmas shopping already. I'll actually be able to enjoy the Christmas season more this year, instead of feeling the pressure of having to shop at that time. Not to mention having more funds for all the pretty things that come out at that time of year. :tree:

Good for you Kerith! And I'm glad we could help... :waving: ;)

onemagicalchristmas
04-25-2009, 12:19 AM
I know I enjoy givng and watching everyones face. But I worry about the last minute items still. I have to decide what to get hubby and go from there!

A.Edwards
04-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I havent started as of yet, but I'll probably start in the Summer around August time. I was never one to leave gifts till the last minute and I'm normally all bought for by about November. :angel:

onemagicalchristmas
04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
I think the week after my birthday I am going to go start a layaway for hubby and the Fur babies!
:tree::presents2::love:

PumpkinJack81
05-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I think the week after my birthday I am going to go start a layaway for hubby and the Fur babies!
:tree::presents2::love:

Are you still planning on this Bobbi? It's a good idea...Maybe I'll start a layaway if my DW mentions something big she'd like.

A.Edwards
05-17-2009, 07:54 AM
I havent started as I said in an earlier post, but I've pretty much already decided what I'm gonna get people. Just a case of getting around and buying them now. :jumping:

hazelnut
05-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I have used the local ebay bargin finder and found my daughter (who will have just turned 2 at crimbo this year) a fab little people playhouse, she already plays with her firends on alot and its a barginous £3 collection only so no postage!! I know its early but we have taken a massive pay cut this year and have alot less cash for even day to day things . I have a list going already and am saving x amount each week and will buy as the year goes on.

My daughter is easy to buy for as she is still so young but my son is a little harder at 7 lol. Love ebay though :D

onemagicalchristmas
05-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Are you still planning on this Bobbi? It's a good idea...Maybe I'll start a layaway if my DW mentions something big she'd like.

ys I am still planning. I will have to see if dad can take me shopping in the next week or so! without hubby! :presents3:

Elvira1986
06-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I am a last minute shopper.

Together with my brother and sister I go christmas shopping about a week before the 25th.

onemagicalchristmas
06-14-2009, 04:14 PM
ys I am still planning. I will have to see if dad can take me shopping in the next week or so! without hubby! :presents3:

Planning has been put on hold with all my medical bills and doctors appointments lately! Hopefully things will work out for me soon!

Mistletoe
06-14-2009, 11:02 PM
I am a last minute shopper.

Together with my brother and sister I go christmas shopping about a week before the 25th.

:eek: Do you have any problems finding what you need?

Elvira1986
06-15-2009, 12:11 AM
:eek: Do you have any problems finding what you need?

No, mostly not. I always have trouble finding a gift for my dad. His is the only gift I sometimes buy in advance, if I come across something.

onemagicalchristmas
06-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I am thinking of making recipe books on cd for the individual families this year! to go with their coffee cup cakes!

noelglori
06-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I started last week and plan to do a little every week. Of course some things can't be bought too early but I'm making a dent in my shopping.

onemagicalchristmas
06-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Congrats Noelglori! that is the way to do it. I had planned on doing that as well but with medical expenses adding up to $30.00 a week and I only get $35 a week this month it isn't happening!

Elvira1986
06-15-2009, 07:51 PM
I am thinking of making recipe books on cd for the individual families this year! to go with their coffee cup cakes!

I am thinking of doing something personal ltoo for my boyfriend. He is fantastic and I want him to know how much I care about him. We had a rough year and are still going strong. We had a magical Christmas in 2008 and I hope this year will be even better.

gottadance
07-21-2009, 03:05 AM
I have been super broke the last three xmases and so I get all of my gifts gently used or new from freecycle.org. This is especially great for young kids who don't know the difference if something is new or not if it's in good condition. I get all sorts of stuff - games, toys, books, stuffed animals, jewelry boxes, balls, Barbie stuff. I did my first Xmas freecycling this week - got some Diego books and a puzzle, some cool water guns, backpacks, stuffed animals, toys - SCORE!

A.Edwards
07-21-2009, 06:37 AM
I started my shopping last week. Havent really got alot of cash at the moment, but I'm slowly getting there. Bought my gran a few things and something for my dad, but seen as though it is still only July, I'm gonna take it easy and buy as I go along.

onemagicalchristmas
07-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I have been super broke the last three xmases and so I get all of my gifts gently used or new from freecycle.org. This is especially great for young kids who don't know the difference if something is new or not if it's in good condition. I get all sorts of stuff - games, toys, books, stuffed animals, jewelry boxes, balls, Barbie stuff. I did my first Xmas freecycling this week - got some Diego books and a puzzle, some cool water guns, backpacks, stuffed animals, toys - SCORE!

I myself love free cycle. It is awesome. I have been able to help others find the things they needed as well! I am glad it is working for you!

olga
07-22-2009, 06:31 AM
I think I'll start my shopping at the end of September.. :presents2:

I know a great store with holiday stuff, all over the year.. I m gonna buy my new tree :christmastree:, because if I wait until the end of October, | will pay it double..

So, the sooner, the better.. and the cheaper.. :snowman:

onemagicalchristmas
07-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Hubby and I are going to go to kmart and start a layaway this coming month! to start our shopping!

SnowAngel
07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm scouting the internet for ideas. I found these lovely christmas ornaments of European landmarks.

SnowAngel
07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
I myself love free cycle. It is awesome. I have been able to help others find the things they needed as well! I am glad it is working for you!

Wow, I didn't know about this site. This is just what we need during these tough times. I have posted the link on my blog for others to learn about.

onemagicalchristmas
07-22-2009, 08:44 PM
welcome Kris Kringle! Hope you enjoy your time here!

SnowAngel
07-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Thank you! This is a wonderful site!

needs_more_elves
07-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I start buying earlier and earlier every year it seem :presents:dizzy: But I usually have everything done by thanksgiving:presents2:

SnowAngel
07-30-2009, 12:19 AM
I start buying earlier and earlier every year it seem :presents:dizzy: But I usually have everything done by thanksgiving:presents2:

Well, at least you'll beat the rush and can actually enjoy the season by baking up goodies and whatnot:) I went to Costco the other day and saw they already put out Christmas ribbons, so I have a feeling a Christmas sale may happen as early as Labor Day, goodness!

daddysgirl07
08-02-2009, 09:44 PM
does any one have any idaes for my 8 month nephew? he will be 1 yr @ Christmastime

onemagicalchristmas
08-02-2009, 09:51 PM
it depends on how he is developing for his age. Maybe he would like a see and say or building blocks

jameswhitmore
08-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Are you crazy? It's August!!!

hazelnut
08-06-2009, 09:28 AM
does any one have any idaes for my 8 month nephew? he will be 1 yr @ Christmastime

I agree that wooden blocks are great,he may just eat them for now but they are great, we have our sons left over for our daughter and they are her fave toy at the mo (20 months)

also some chunky wooden puzzles that have the pegs to lift them out, they are always good,(like this)
http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/touch-feel-bugs-lift-out-puzzle/

crayons and paper?

something loud and noisy as you wont have to put up with it lol

Christmasplease
08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Well, at least you'll beat the rush and can actually enjoy the season by baking up goodies and whatnot:) I went to Costco the other day and saw they already put out Christmas ribbons, so I have a feeling a Christmas sale may happen as early as Labor Day, goodness!
Hi, was the Cosco you went to in the U.S.? I'm in Canada and would love to start seeing Christmas stuff and get some decorations etc. early.

Christmasplease
08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
The only thing is, I find the earlier I start Christmas shopping, the more I buy!

Christmasplease
08-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Are you crazy? It's August!!!
Tee Hee!!

Christmasplease
08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I have boughte more CHristmas gifts today. FOr my step nephew a Tiger Woods book, My sister a book (If3: the Game of Love), MY niece Aimee a tea light burner,
and my niece Kenzie a potpourie ball and I will get her some of those glade fragrance crystals to put in it! And I have been ordering Highlights books for John I think he will enjoy them.
Wow, you're good!!

gummgirl
08-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Christmasplease I do the exact thing, I'll start shopping in August or September and then I tend to keep buying (I think it's the impulse shopping talking!) then come December I have so many presents and stocking stuffers for everybody!

Christmasplease
08-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Christmasplease I do the exact thing, I'll start shopping in August or September and then I tend to keep buying (I think it's the impulse shopping talking!) then come December I have so many presents and stocking stuffers for everybody!
Yup, and there have been some years that I have actually misplaced gifts and wondered where they went when everyone opened their gifts Christmas morning!

gummgirl
08-08-2009, 03:06 AM
I've done the same thing with ornaments (we give out ornaments as gifts too). And sometimes I never find them!

Christmasplease
08-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I vow to be more organized with hiding my Christmas gifts this year. If there weren't so many snoopers in my house, I would buy, wrap and hide my gifts all at the same time.

gummgirl
08-12-2009, 03:57 AM
I started some of my shopping this past weekend. I didn't buy a lot but hey at least I got started.

Christmasplease
08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I started some of my shopping this past weekend. I didn't buy a lot but hey at least I got started.
Good for you!

gummgirl
08-14-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm getting excited because there is a Christmas store which opens next month (it's only open 4 months in the year) but I'm looking for some ornaments which I need so hopefully I can find some.

MacShirts
08-15-2009, 07:17 AM
I hope you can find em :p

gummgirl
08-15-2009, 07:32 AM
I see what you did sticking your tounge out at me :rolleyes:

I give ornaments as a gift. So see I do need to find them.

MacShirts
08-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Oh I see! But you were quick to throw in the :rolleyes: huh lol

gummgirl
08-15-2009, 07:47 AM
:rolleyes: is a normal reaction for me like breathing is to some people!

MacShirts
08-15-2009, 07:55 AM
yep thats the story with most of the girls I meet, I definately see alot of the :rolleyes: :D

gummgirl
08-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Lol!

MacShirts
08-19-2009, 04:30 AM
:gelf:

Lostboy
08-21-2009, 05:13 PM
I got my dad, gpa, gma, & mom done, have about 6 other family member to do. Any Ideas for kids?!?! :/ im lost when it comes to a 12 year old.

Christmasplease
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Hmm, Do they have a video game console? If so, some games for it. I don't know if 12 is too old for some of the transformers or terminator stuff.:presents3:

onemagicalchristmas
08-28-2010, 11:28 AM
I have finished 4 family members and started 2 more! havng a ball this year!

tinkerbell2
08-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I have finished 4 family members and started 2 more! havng a ball this year!

Hi OMC..:waving:

How you been?..

I haven't even started yet, usually after september then I get going..:elf1:

ornamentmaven
08-29-2010, 12:33 AM
I usually start in July! Didn't this year and now it looks like I'll be doing it all at the last minute. I'm recouperating from surgery and won't be able to drive or walk for a few more months!

stephmcuk
08-29-2010, 05:06 PM
I usually start in July! Didn't this year and now it looks like I'll be doing it all at the last minute. I'm recouperating from surgery and won't be able to drive or walk for a few more months!

oh no, hope you recover soon, could you not try buying as much as you can online?

olga
08-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Some online Christmas shopping is always something I do, throughout the year..
I usually go for Christmas presents, but, I do not know, then I like what I buy and keep it for me.....
I know, this is not very polite.. :elf1: :elf1: :elf1:

*Snowflake*
09-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, I start with shopping in october because this is the perfect time for me, then I have a lot of good ideas:presents1:

MissSantaClaus
09-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I use to start buying early in September or October because I don't like when everybody runs in the stores and takes your things from your hand...I hate that!So I better buy earlier and from the internet so that nobody break me down...I have an favorite website http://www.bluechopsticks.com where I can find everything is in stores and also personalized and original things...

Could it be that you are a worker form this website and do a bit commercial ? :singing:

olga
09-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Well, I start with shopping in october because this is the perfect time for me, then I have a lot of good ideas:presents1:

Hi Snowflake.
When do shops and stores start putting their Christmas clothes, in Croatia? :presents2:

*Snowflake*
09-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Well, stores and shops put Christmas things around october.Lights on the streets are starting to put since the half of november till begining of december.:home:

MissSantaClaus
09-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, stores and shops put Christmas things around october.Lights on the streets are starting to put since the half of november till begining of december.:home:

Do you have pics from lights on the street Or from your decorations? I just love watching Christmas pics ;)

*Snowflake*
09-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Do you have pics from lights on the street Or from your decorations? I just love watching Christmas pics ;)

No unfortunately, but I will try to make photos this year:santa:

SilverBells
09-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Could it be that you are a worker form this website and do a bit commercial ? :singing:

My thoughts exactly :elf3:

Jordan
09-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I probably won't start my shopping until November, but I'm keeping my eyes and ears peeled!

*Snowflake*
09-09-2010, 02:16 AM
I probably won't start my shopping until November, but I'm keeping my eyes and ears peeled!

that"s also good, I love buying things in the store,somehow I think that with buying on the internet you loose that desire of shopping:santa:

leaf
09-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I think everybody should start buying as soon as possible, because in the last minute, you don't have all this choice and beautiful things. People just start buying because they need presents, but they don't really think about what's really fitting the person that I want to give him the present :)

leaf
09-11-2010, 04:56 PM
are you buying these for Valentine's Day? I don't buy anything or get or expect anything for Valentine's Day, and I don't have any money besides. But, I do usually wait til after and maybe get some candy when it is 50 to 75% off. Well, whatever you are buying those gifts for, I'm sure your family will love them.:)

I don't expect present for Valentine's Day neither... that's why I don't buy anything too :)

leaf
09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
good luck with the job :)

SilverBells
09-12-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm starting to get a clear idea of what to get for my husband this Christmas. :presents2:

MissSantaClaus
09-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I want to start now but I wait until November. I just looooooooooooove Christmas shopping. I still have no ideas what to buy .. I think i should make some thoughts about what to buy.

olga
09-18-2010, 11:37 PM
We ll see when November comes..... :santa:
Whenever I start shopping early, something always comes up and makes me wanna change my thoughts about presents I wanted to by for my beloved ones..

:merrychristmas:

ornamentmaven
09-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Yes - shopping early always causes me to second guess my choices!

Xmas Annie
09-19-2010, 01:12 AM
I've picked up a few things, here & there all year. But I can't, for the life of me, remember what I bought.
I expect to find some surprises when I unpack the boxes after thanksgiving!

GingerbreadGirl
10-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I just bought the first present of the year, a book for my mother that I know she really wants. Can't wait to start the 'real' shopping, I love walking around the shops, looking at the lights and decorations while listening to the Christmas music they play :smitten:

*Snowflake*
10-01-2010, 07:02 PM
still too early for me but I watch:elf3:

ornamentmaven
10-02-2010, 12:40 PM
I picked up a few things last week!:presents1:

SilverBells
10-03-2010, 02:22 AM
Remember the Christmas shower curtain I ordered? Well, yesterday I ordered the hooks, bath towel and matching lotion pump. Yay :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

MissSantaClaus
10-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Wow how cute. I think now you'll spend the whole day under the shower ;)

*Snowflake*
10-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I love it,want that too:waving:

EllfGirl
10-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Great stuff TIATIA! :elf3:
I especially love the towel:smitten:

SilverBells
10-04-2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks, you guys. :rudolph:

HolidaySingleGirl
10-11-2010, 07:44 AM
I haven't started yet but don't plan to wait until the last minute either. This year, I need to get something for my friend's newborn.

EllfGirl
10-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I already bought gloves for all my cousins, still need to think of something else too:santa:

*Snowflake*
10-12-2010, 03:35 AM
not yet but can"t wait:rudolph:

Noel
10-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Not yet. But this morning I heard an advice on the radio : start shopping now for Xmas, for prices always grow up in november and december. I 've also received today the first toy catalogue in the mail box. :elf3:

olga
10-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Remember the Christmas shower curtain I ordered? Well, yesterday I ordered the hooks, bath towel and matching lotion pump. Yay :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Adorable.. I want them, all!! Now!! :tree1:

olga
10-15-2010, 02:22 AM
First Christmas store in town!!!! Oh, yes!!!!!

Im very proud to introduce you, my Christmas napkins..

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx215/OlgaTheFrog/Battlers%20Christmas%20photos/141020101417.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx215/OlgaTheFrog/Battlers%20Christmas%20photos/141020101419.jpg

EllfGirl
10-15-2010, 02:39 AM

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx215/OlgaTheFrog/Battlers%20Christmas%20photos/141020101417.jpg

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx215/OlgaTheFrog/Battlers%20Christmas%20photos/141020101419.jpg

Oh they are lovely, Olga! :elf3:

SilverBells
10-15-2010, 03:20 AM

Nice, very nice Olga. :elf3: So I guess you had your first signs of Christmas in Thessaloniki eh? Lucky you. Here not even a sniff. :dizzy:

tinkerbell2
10-15-2010, 03:33 AM

Cool Olga...:elf3:

*Snowflake*
10-16-2010, 02:27 AM

they"re adorable olga:santa:

Elf_Erv
10-16-2010, 09:34 AM
I've started Christmas shopping .... now to find good hiding places :singing:

MissSantaClaus
10-22-2010, 02:57 PM
I've started looking around at the internet for nice ideas.

olga
10-22-2010, 04:32 PM
they"re adorable olga:santa:

Thank you, very much!!! I find them sooo sweet, too!!! :santa:

Fezziwig
10-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Well I get up for work every morning at 330am. Because of that I am bright eyed and bushy tailed for the Black Friday Sales (The morning after Thanksgiving) So for me getting up at 1am to hit the stores isn't a big deal -- getting my girlfriend out of bed is a different story LOL

But I get the vast majority of my shopping done on Black Friday. Last year I got my brother in law a $1200 flat screen HDtv for 400 bucks (75% off) and a Cuisinart Food Processor and Cuisinart Cappuccino machine for 300 and change (that was like 60% off for buy them together)

SilverBells
10-23-2010, 02:34 PM
...But I get the vast majority of my shopping done on Black Friday. Last year I got my brother in law a $1200 flat screen HDtv for 400 bucks (75% off) and a Cuisinart Food Processor and Cuisinart Cappuccino machine for 300 and change (that was like 60% off for buy them together)

I read your wrapping paper test result, said you were the most likely to get a better deal of the presents you buy. I'd say that's pretty accurate. :santa:

Excellent shopping/deals by the way.:elf3:

MissSantaClaus
10-30-2010, 03:20 PM
I think i start today. ( Online Shopping )

Jordan
11-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I just started shopping this weekend. Bought a few items online for my grandfather, dad, and father-in-law, and a couple more things at the mall for my mom and mother-in-law.

IT BEGINS!!!:dizzy:

ornamentmaven
11-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah bought some stuff about a month ago. Need to go again soon

SilverBells
11-02-2010, 04:19 AM
I have an idea what to get for my husband and kids :elf3:

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 04:22 AM
We're almost done...except for each other!

Christmas_mama
11-02-2010, 04:25 AM
I already bought everything! hehe

ornamentmaven
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
I wish I was done. Usually I am by this time. But with my surgery and not being able to walk, I'm behind!

SilverBells
11-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I already bought everything! hehe

The wrapping done too? :presents1::presents3::presents2:

MinnesotaMike
11-02-2010, 10:34 PM
UGH...we haven't wrapped a thing yet!

ornamentmaven
11-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I try to wrap a small number of gifts at a time. I won't do it everytime I shop, but once every ten days or so. If you have too much to wrap you tend to lose your creativity!

ornamentmaven
11-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Actully, I think I'll wrap a few in the morning!

SilverBells
11-03-2010, 04:14 PM
I try to wrap a small number of gifts at a time. I won't do it everytime I shop, but once every ten days or so. If you have too much to wrap you tend to lose your creativity!

Wrapping is half the fun, isn't it Ornamentmaven? :presents2:

Christmas_mama
11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Wrapping is half the fun, isn't it Ornamentmaven? :presents2:

Absolutely almost as fun as when you get to watch then be unwrapped!

SilverBells
11-03-2010, 11:39 PM

Yeah. I love those shinny joyful eyes come Christmas morning. :presents3::presents2:

ornamentmaven
11-04-2010, 02:00 AM
I love wrapping my gifts. I love to be able to take the time to make each one beautiful. That is why I love the foil wraps. And also why I wait to put the bows and ribbons on right before I give them away. Who wants to see squashed bows!

*Snowflake*
11-05-2010, 03:41 AM

yes this is so amazing:elf3:

I will start with Christmas shopping very soon,can't wait:yahoo:

MinnesotaMike
11-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Made another online purchase this afternoon!!!

SilverBells
11-05-2010, 07:43 PM
I plan to do some online shopping tomorrow. :presents2:

loveofgiving
11-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah. I love those shinny joyful eyes come Christmas morning. :presents3::presents2:

Ditto!! I so totally agree!!!

ensign16
11-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I haven't made up my mind to what I need to buy for the holidays. But I think most probably it will be toys for my niece and nephew.

ornamentmaven
11-06-2010, 01:31 PM
When I got out of the hospital back in August, my Mom bought me a jewelry making kit as she knew I would be laid up (and stir crazy) for a while. Well, I finally made one of the pieces today and it came out beautifully. It looks so good that I'm going to give it as a gift and plan to make another piece tomorrow as a gift!

SilverBells
11-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I had planned to do some online shopping today but I have to work so it will have to wait. Maybe tonight if I get a chance because I want to be alone. I' don't want any peeking :presents2:

Daddy
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
My wife and I bought most of our son's gifts already. Tons of Toy Story stuff because he's really into that right now, plus some Star Wars toys and a couple of Build a Bear plush animals (that's another of my son's obsessions). I still have to shop for my wife, but I'll do that in the coming weeks. After nearly 17 years of marriage it's very easy to shop for her.

BirdMan24
11-18-2010, 05:18 AM
Finished 2 months ago. Beat the holiday shopping traffic. Now times at the MAll are spent people watching and seeing Santa. :gelf:

HolidaySingleGirl
11-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Yes, I had a coupon and bought my first gift today.

ornamentmaven
11-18-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm about a third of the way done!

MissSantaClaus
11-18-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm almost done.

SilverBells
11-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Half way finished. Haven't wrapped anything yet. :presents1:

MissSantaClaus
11-18-2010, 04:07 PM
I will wrap a few days before Christmas. When do you wrap Tia ?

SilverBells
11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
I will wrap a few days before Christmas. When do you wrap Tia ?

I like to wrap a few days before Christmas too, Senior Elf (Congratulations :yahoo:).

MissSantaClaus
11-18-2010, 04:15 PM

Elf_Erv
11-18-2010, 04:17 PM
I wrapped 6 presents so far :gelf:

Jordan
11-18-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm about half done. Hopefully will get most of the rest done this weekend. I think I'll start my wrapping after the tree is up this weekend. Can't wait! The season's finally here!

MinnesotaMike
11-20-2010, 11:18 PM
All bought. Will be wrapping on Monday/Tuesday.

jeremy m
11-26-2010, 12:36 PM
i didn't start yet,i not giving anybody gifts this year,i'm too lazy to go shopping is the reason why

MissSantaClaus
11-26-2010, 03:46 PM
i didn't start yet,i not giving anybody gifts this year,i'm too lazy to go shopping is the reason why

Relaly? Online shopping ?

jeremy m
11-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Relaly? Online shopping ?
ummm yep,you read my mind there my friend.

unless it depends if i get too lazy that i don't bother to push the "buy" button either

MissSantaClaus
11-26-2010, 06:33 PM
ummm yep,you read my mind there my friend.

unless it depends if i get too lazy that i don't bother to push the "buy" button either

Okay ... :singing:

ioncar
12-03-2010, 07:59 AM
I haven't bought anything yet. HEEEEELLLP!!!

blanding
12-04-2010, 03:27 AM
I an thinking it now !

SilverBells
12-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Not done yet.

jeremy m
12-05-2010, 04:50 AM
no shopping for me

flower123abc
12-09-2010, 04:15 PM
i stop probably start christmas shopping soon...

sissy
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Lotta people staying outdoors or getting out of town to preparing the Christmas shopping, actually I’d rather to go shopping online to avoid of headache traffic, the cold weather, or something else.

SnowAngel
12-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Is everyone done shopping?

*Snowflake*
12-25-2010, 12:39 AM
I hope so,I'm done:elf3:

realgifts4u
05-18-2011, 11:49 PM
ive been pricing so far as well, i found nice shop not long ago
they have good prices and good choice, i like decorative stuff
check the banner

http://i.imgur.com/SusCv.gif (http://www.realgifts4u.com)

olga
05-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Only some Christmas cds, from Internet.. No gifts shopping yet...

SammieDsMom
05-19-2011, 08:26 PM
I have SOME stuff, but I am kinda stumped on what to get people this year... For close relatives, I take a long time to decide, cause there is nothing like getting the perfect gift..I try and get people something they want but would not buy for themselves.:elf3: It's going to be hard this year.:gelf:

ornamentmaven
05-20-2011, 01:18 AM
I usually start in July. I started make wind chimes this year, so I will design and make a few of them as gifts for certain people

Greetings !
05-20-2011, 02:01 AM
I've only done "happenstance shopping" - nothing planned... If I'm in a store and happen to see an item (on sale) I think someone would like, then if it's affordable, I get it. I'm done with 25 percent of my shopping so far. Sweaters, watches and a few art supplies for family and friends.

SilverBells
05-20-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm checking online for some ideas.

olga
05-20-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm checking online for some ideas.

Tiatia, if you find anything good (as far as Christmas bath curtain is concerned), please, tell me so.. :santa:

Greetings !
05-21-2011, 12:28 AM
I usually start in July. I started make wind chimes this year, so I will design and make a few of them as gifts for certain peopleOrnamentmaven, you're designing and making windchimes? How interesting!
I hope you post a picture on the forum - would love to see one.

*Snowflake*
05-22-2011, 11:09 PM
not yet:rudolph:

tinkerbell2
05-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Probably wont start till October.....I like the rushing about..:elf1::elf1:

ornamentmaven
05-24-2011, 12:19 AM
The rushing about definitely does spark the spirit!

tinkerbell2
05-24-2011, 01:00 AM
The rushing about definitely does spark the spirit!

I think it's the best bit, when your looking for presents...:presents2:

olga
05-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Im thinking of getting a new puzzle, Christmas one, with 1000 pcs.. Remember last years one??
Im looking for a puzzle with a lovely Christmas theme and that will definitely keep me busy, until autumn... This is maybe, a way, not to miss Christmas a lot.. It worked last year!!

kimmy
05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
i havent brought anything yet, but i have been looking, keeping my eye out for some good deals

kimmy
05-30-2011, 04:31 PM
i have come across a few decorations i want to get though

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0045SDSXY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&m=A3NF1ZPT5A3DVI

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000XPEMV0/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&m=A19E5GEY9O7KYB

Snowman
06-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Haven't started yet,but have just booked to go to a Christmas market in November.Quite a few people bidding on Christmas things on Ebay,so people must be getting into the spirit:merrychristmas::snowman:

ornamentmaven
06-18-2011, 10:23 PM
I have started to pull together some gift ideas. Want to start early this year!

*Snowflake*
06-30-2011, 10:12 PM
I have started to pull together some gift ideas. Want to start early this year!

that's a great idea, I always look for the last moment:waving:

SnowAngel
07-02-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm on the lookout for Christmas in July deals.

SantasHandyElf
07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I always pick up things as I see them through the year, have picked up a pair of pajama shorts for my sister, and a little squirrel to hang onto a pot for my grandma on the clearance end cap for $0.32! Bargain! I have started my binder of planning and budgeting and been listening to my Christmas playlist. Definitely getting in the spirit! : ) Is July too early?! :christmastree: ;)

Moley
07-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Same here. I don't specifically christmas shop but keep gifts in mind when I see bargains or "Yes, they'd love that!" when I'm out shopping.

kimmy
07-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I always pick up things as I see them through the year, have picked up a pair of pajama shorts for my sister, and a little squirrel to hang onto a pot for my grandma on the clearance end cap for $0.32! Bargain! I have started my binder of planning and budgeting and been listening to my Christmas playlist. Definitely getting in the spirit! : ) Is July too early?! :christmastree: ;)

never to early lol,

qclove
09-23-2011, 05:12 PM
what gifts will you buy forChritmas Day? a big Christmas tree? a lovey Christmas gifts?:presents3: a series of Christams? or a expensive jewelry? i think all are fashion gifts.right?

ornamentmaven
10-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Bought a gift yesterday and ordered another on-line!

tinkerbell2
10-10-2011, 01:46 AM
I've started and got gifts wrapped too....:elf1:

SilverBells
10-10-2011, 03:14 AM
I've started and got gifts wrapped too....:elf1:

Really friend? You never mentioned this before :giftpeek:

tinkerbell2
10-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Really friend? You never mentioned this before :giftpeek:

Yes, can't say what they are in case there is 'eyes' a looking....:P

SilverBells
10-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Yes, can't say what they are in case there is 'eyes' a looking....:P

I won't tell :xmashigh5:

ornamentmaven
10-10-2011, 06:57 AM
I won't wrap until December. That way I can keep the wrappings fresh looking. I have such limited space to store things!

Snowman
10-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Bought some things yesterday,plus some cards!:snowman:

:merrychristmas:

christmasloves
10-16-2011, 06:11 PM
I have gotten most gifts and wrapped up!! Just need something for my best friend and her 1 year old son

ornamentmaven
10-16-2011, 09:31 PM
I have a decent start. I like to be done by Veteran's Day
(11/11) but probably won't his year due to the timing of pay checks

*Snowflake*
10-17-2011, 01:36 AM
no,not yet but I will start very soon:xmashigh5:

xdinkyxstephiex-
10-17-2011, 08:00 PM
No i havent started yet either ! but me and my mum have been looking at christmas present and what too buy for my niece and nephew just this morning while out shopping ! :) but we didnt buy anything as were going and start christmas shopping in full blow wednesday or next week i think ! :D :dance::yahoo: xxxxxx take care all love xdinkyxstephie xxxxxx

Shanniclause
10-26-2011, 01:35 AM
So far, Ive gotten my son a bike, some Backyardigan toys, an arts and crafts set for toddlers and a work bench :merrychristmas:

purpleskies
11-02-2011, 09:49 PM
doing some shopping this weekend and next! one of sons will be finished this weekend and then my oldest son will hopefully be done by next weekend... hey anyone seen cars 1 and 2 in a set??? im not finding it anywhere! my oldest son watched the first so much that its not working now so we want to get him both for christmas.:presents1:

HoliSanta
11-02-2011, 11:55 PM
So far, Ive gotten my son a bike, some Backyardigan toys, an arts and crafts set for toddlers and a work bench :merrychristmas:

you can check them out in: etsy.com/people/JerusalemBliss
happy days and Merry christmas!:hopxmas:
HoliSanta

DesignerLynn
11-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I started my shopping a few months ago.