PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

onemagicalchristmas
12-25-2008, 02:47 AM
It is only Christmas Eve but so far I have gotten two black lamps, a wallet , a candle, aromatherapy soap set, dvd (MySuper Ex-Girlfriend), fresh roasted peanuts, spiced nuts in a cute tin, Mom's homemade fruitcake, dish towels, homemade doilies, air freshner, and three dresses. TOmorrow is yet another day! :merrychristmas:

Blue07
12-26-2008, 03:34 AM
It's already Boxing Day where I am. Can't believe Christmas came and went in a flash :sad elf:

I spent a large part of Christmas Day loading songs into my new mp3 player :love: I also got ... pyjamas, a crystal bracelet in a jewellery box, a gift card to my favourite bookstore, makeup, a gift set from Crabtree & Evelyn and some other little knick knacks :presents1:

onemagicalchristmas
12-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Here are some more of my CHristmas gifts!

Candle-Vanilla Gingerbread
Three historical romance books
2 puzzle books
7 body fantasy sprays- 3 cotton candy, wind song, New musk, White Musk, Sexiest Musk
Dark Vanilla perfume
6 dvds- The Santa Clause 1, 2, and 3; Flicka, Snow Buddies, My super Ex-girlfriend
A CHocolate gift Basket
A jar of CHewing gum! About 40 small packs and 15 large packs inside jar!
TIns of Spiced nuts
Fresh roasted peanuts
2 boxes peanut brittle
A yellow alarm clock
4 foot lotions
3 hand creams
5 nail polishes
Manicure set
Summer sausage cutting board gift set( saving for new years Eve)
Bath spa set
socks (real soft fluffy ones)
2 sets of rings
fun time watch
2 pair lounge pants
2 new pill cases
6 bottles of my favorite peach water
fancy pens
mini alarm clock
multi colored night light

still have a couple more gifts coming! I have pictures if anyone wants to see them!

Merry Christmas Darling
12-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I got 2 puzzles, The Thin Man DVD set, a quick bread mix in a jar, a tea towel, a tin of cookies, snowman figures, pillowcases, a reproduction Ginny doll, and the produce and preserves set for Kit (an American Girl doll).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Idnam/Ginny%20Dolls/1953KindergartenSeriesPat31-1-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Idnam/Food/KitsProduceandPreserves.jpg

Merry Christmas Darling
12-27-2008, 09:27 AM
I have pictures if anyone wants to see them!

I'm always interested in pictures! Will you be using a wide angle lens? ;)

GingerbreadGirl
12-28-2008, 10:48 AM
My brother gave me a wristwatch, The Office season 4 on DVD, Arrested Development (The whole series!) and the movie Wings of desire. My mother gave me Garden State, Lars and the real girl and Sense and sensibility on dvd, a cd with Rufus Wainwright, a gift certificate to my favorite store, some clothes, a pair of earrings and some makeup:santa-smiley:
My father gave me ALOT of movies (20!), 13 cds, a lamp, 4 books, a calender with pictures of Audrey Hepburn, and Sex and the City (The whole series).

Merry Christmas Darling
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
My brother gave me a wristwatch, The Office season 4 on DVD, Arrested Development (The whole series!) and the movie Wings of desire. My mother gave me Garden State, Lars and the real girl and Sense and sensibility on dvd, a cd with Rufus Wainwright, a gift certificate to my favorite store, some clothes, a pair of earrings and some makeup:santa-smiley:
My father gave me ALOT of movies (20!), 13 cds, a lamp, 4 books, a calender with pictures of Audrey Hepburn, and Sex and the City (The whole series).

Wow! That's great. One of our daughters has an Audrey Hepburn poster in her living room.

tlazer
12-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I got 2 Christmas decorations for next year.1) is a Santa sitting inside a plastic box and when you turn on the switch it snows.and the other is a small village that lights up and flashes in different colors and cosmetics

onemagicalchristmas
12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
sounds like everyone had a great holiday. I also got the Deal or no Deal pc game. It is nothing like the game show!

AnnLee
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
I got a TOSHIBA in red from my Boyfriend.:kinky elf:

onemagicalchristmas
01-01-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm always interested in pictures! Will you be using a wide angle lens? ;)

just my digital camera. I will have Bob post them when he comes back since I can't post to this forum!

LuckyChimpanZ
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
A wall hanging decoration, a tripod, DVDs, and money that I used on a New Years vacation

SnowAngel
07-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Last year I got costume jewelry, casual but nice shirts, a laptop tray table, a coffeemaker for one cup, and some smaller items. I pretty much had most of the items on my wish list so as not to have to return stuff later on, why waste money and time, right?

olga
07-30-2009, 10:30 AM
When my parents asked me what I want for Christmas, I told them that a book would be fine.
So, we went to bookshop and they got me 2 books of my favorite author, Charles Dickens.

:gelf:

jameswhitmore
08-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow, I NEVER open my gifts until Christmas day!!

MacShirts
08-08-2009, 05:30 AM
I know Christmas 08 is waay over but i got a fossil watch and some other cool stuff. The big gift was a blu-ray player and an hdtv. I bought it for myself though, and this year Im gettin myself a new Camaro :yahoo:

http://gtcarlot.com/gallery/photo.php?id=9252793

Mistletoe
08-09-2009, 01:23 PM
and this year Im gettin myself a new Camaro :yahoo:

Nice. :)

Christmasplease
08-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I know Christmas 08 is waay over but i got a fossil watch and some other cool stuff. The big gift was a blu-ray player and an hdtv. I bought it for myself though, and this year Im gettin myself a new Camaro :yahoo:

I buy myself something for Christmas too. Why not? You give gifts to people love and care about right?

tinkerbell2
08-24-2009, 05:46 PM
we dont buy anything for each other its always for the children.:sad elf:

and anyway been married 24 years why change a habbit of a lifetime :(

ikey2
08-24-2009, 06:24 PM

and anyway been married 24 years why change a habit of a lifetime :(

Well then it's a perfect time for a new tradition.... AM i right????

:presents2:

MacShirts
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Aw that's too bad, maybe instead of exchanging gifts you and your husband should take a nice weekend trip, that way it'll be a gift you both enjoy :D

ikey2
08-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Aw that's too bad, maybe instead of exchanging gifts you and your husband should take a nice weekend trip, that way it'll be a gift you both enjoy :D

Aye, that's a fantastic idea... If you can go to a place that is all inclusive saves allot of money that way...

tinkerbell2
08-24-2009, 06:31 PM
yes you are right about a new tradition but we have never been ones for

it you see....but we are hopefully going away for our silver wedding

anniversary so that will be great:yahoo:

ikey2
08-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Do you have an idea where you want to go or do for that matter?

tinkerbell2
08-24-2009, 06:43 PM
nowhere inparticular,somehere with a bit of warmth would be nice

but probably end up in costa del back garden:santa-smiley:

ikey2
08-24-2009, 06:47 PM
This is where the Wife and I went for Honeymoon and it was wonderful.

http://www.couples.com/

tinkerbell2
08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
that looks wonderful probably a little pricey, we did go to the dom

rep north side 5 years ago cost 3 grand then.

but it wasn't very nice at all.: (

ikey2
08-24-2009, 08:17 PM
that looks wonderful probably a little pricey, we did go to the dom

rep north side 5 years ago cost 3 grand then.

but it wasn't very nice at all.: (

We were there 9 days and it came about 2800.00 which was not to shabby.

tinkerbell2
08-25-2009, 05:58 AM
Hi ikey2

sorry didnt mean to sound horrible in that last post:sad elf:

it really does look georgous, but having to travel from the uk to

there cost thousand of pounds.

unless of course we win the lottery then 'hay' who knows

Christmasplease
08-25-2009, 05:44 PM

and anyway been married 24 years why change a habbit of a lifetime :(

It never hurts to entertain new habits. I know when kids come it becomes all about the kids but my Husband and I have agreed to buy eachother little gifts. Mind you, I am the one with the least gifts under the tree every year. :presents3:

tinkerbell2
08-25-2009, 05:51 PM
yes good idea i shall buy him something small! We do get little gifts

from the children, so its not completely bare :)

We usually have stuff throughout the year for each other.:santahat:

olga
08-26-2009, 04:52 AM
It never hurts to entertain new habits. I know when kids come it becomes all about the kids but my Husband and I have agreed to buy eachother little gifts. Mind you, I am the one with the least gifts under the tree every year. :presents3:

Under my tree, Im the one with the least gifts, my parents have all the presents of the world from all their children.. :santa-smiley:
And I feel so happy when I see their big smiles, opening their presents..

Christmasplease
08-26-2009, 10:17 PM
It is nic to watch our loved ones open gifts.:presents3:

olga
08-27-2009, 06:10 AM
It is nic to watch our loved ones open gifts.:presents3:

I love this moment!! Even if I have just one gift under my tree.
What counts for Christmas is to see your loved ones happy!!!!! :smitten:And that makes me much more happier!!!

olga
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Last year I got a book. I love Charles Dickens, so, my parents got me one book from my favorite writer! :smitten:

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 02:41 PM
I got 2 books on serial killers last year.

yikes!
what were they trying to say?

olga
08-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I got 2 books on serial killers last year.

yikes!
what were they trying to say?

Wow!! Im scared to death!! I never read serial killers!!
Were they true stories???????

Shanniclause
08-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow!! Im scared to death!! I never read serial killers!!
Were they true stories???????

Yeah, real life stories. Pretty intense stuff.. Dont be scared :)

olga
08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah, real life stories. Pretty intense stuff.. Dont be scared :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Shanniclause
09-01-2009, 11:22 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Boo!!! :pumpkin:

olga
09-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Boo!!! :pumpkin:

:candycane1::candycane1::candycane1::candycane1:

Holiday Mom
09-01-2009, 05:46 PM

My ex and I always agreed that we would always have gifts under the tree for each other. But it's true that moms always end up with less gift than anyone else...not really fair is it. We also get the crummier gifts.

Now, don't get me wrong - Christmas for me has always been about family, and gifts are about finding that perfect something as a token of your love and appreciation - but that man (the ex) would buy me stuff like a can of wood stain, and I am not a crafty or handy person and wouldn't even know how to open the can.

Christmasplease
09-01-2009, 11:10 PM
My ex and I always agreed that we would always have gifts under the tree for each other. But it's true that moms always end up with less gift than anyone else...not really fair is it. We also get the crummier gifts.

Now, don't get me wrong - Christmas for me has always been about family, and gifts are about finding that perfect something as a token of your love and appreciation - but that man (the ex) would buy me stuff like a can of wood stain, and I am not a crafty or handy person and wouldn't even know how to open the can.

Wood Stain?:eek:

olga
09-02-2009, 04:49 AM

Wow!!!! :confused:

MacShirts
09-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Glad to hear he's your ex! Wood satin isn't even a gift I would give an enemy ;) I always be sure and give my mother a really nice gift, this year it'll be a 7 day cruise!

olga
09-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Glad to hear he's your ex! Wood satin isn't even a gift I would give an enemy ;) I always be sure and give my mother a really nice gift, this year it'll be a 7 day cruise!

Wow!! What a gift.. You are very cute.. :smitten:

But we talk about some money, eh? :gelf::gelf:

MacShirts
09-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Ah I'm tempted to take all the credit for the gift, especially with the cute comment ;) , but I can't. There are 5 of us all pitching in for the trip for our mother, so I won't be footing the bill entirely, although I wish I made enough to do so!

olga
09-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Ah I'm tempted to take all the credit for the gift, especially with the cute comment ;) , but I can't. There are 5 of us all pitching in for the trip for our mother, so I won't be footing the bill entirely, although I wish I made enough to do so!

As a naughty and nice list keeper, I will immediatley note down that you are a really nice kid!! :christmastree:

tinkerbell2
09-02-2009, 03:44 PM
i think the worse thing i got was a dvd that hubbie had bought for himself......

yes he wrapped it up and gave it to me christmas morning...the gift "the predator":sad elf:

gutted or what!!!! as you can guess he got it straight back....!!!!!!

ikey2
09-02-2009, 06:16 PM
i think the worse thing i got was a dvd that hubbie had bought for himself......

yes he wrapped it up and gave it to me christmas morning...the gift "the predator":sad elf:

gutted or what!!!! as you can guess he got it straight back....!!!!!!

LOL, that sounds like some stunt i would pull..

tinkerbell2
09-02-2009, 06:19 PM
LOL, that sounds like some stunt i would pull..

it would have been funny if he hadn't have been serious...

and yes i cried:santa-smiley:

ikey2
09-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Dry up those sad tears..... heres a big : HUGGS :

tinkerbell2
09-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Dry up those sad tears..... heres a big : HUGGS :

oohhh thankyou...all better now:santa-smiley:

ikey2
09-02-2009, 06:24 PM
oohhh thankyou...all better now:santa-smiley:

See I am good for something.

Christmasplease
09-02-2009, 08:33 PM
it would have been funny if he hadn't have been serious...

and yes i cried:santa-smiley:

Ahh, poor you. Is that why you stopped exchanging gifts?:sad elf:

tinkerbell2
09-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Ahh, poor you. Is that why you stopped exchanging gifts?:sad elf:

nah, we have never been one for presents..as i said before kids came first:santa-smiley:

Clip Art Guy
10-15-2009, 08:16 PM
There are some great ideas here but what about the traditional gifts? ... sleds, ice skates, etc. Nothing beats a gift that also gives the gift of exercise!

Elvira1986
10-16-2009, 04:04 AM
I always get good/great gifts but I love seeing my presents being opened even better.